Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,106 members, 7,828,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Why The Christian God Makes No Sense - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why The Christian God Makes No Sense (527 Views)

It’s Very Illogical To Worship The Christian God. / Even If God Exist, It Can’t Be The Christian God. / Is The Christian God A God Of Slavery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Christian God Makes No Sense by FatherFurious: 9:50pm On Nov 01, 2022
Last week, I read about a baby. Apparently, the little infant did something that infuriated its father to the point of damaging one of the baby's arms.

The arm was amputated.
Then the baby died.

Small mercies.

The world is hard enough for grown men with two arms and two legs. It'd be an unbearable hell for a helpless infant if it had to go through life with such a significant deformity.

Frankly, I'm relieved the baby died.

Another child died today. Thousands of children, including infants, die every day.

In 2020 alone, 5 million under 5 year-olds died accord to UNICEF.

That's not even the worst of it.

What's worse is the number of children that still gets born every day. They're forcefully ripped out of blissful inexistence or whatever.

And forced to live in a wicked world without choice.

That's just one of the countless number of things that's wrong the world.

Yet, there's supposedly a benevolent, all-knowing, all-loving and all-powerful god presiding over the earth. So, why doesn't he intervene?

He wants humans to exercise their free will. Plus, he'll eventually punish evil on the judgement day.

Why must he wait, though?

Doesn't he know who will abuse the free will already?
Does the omniscient god not know how it all ends?
Or is he just amused by the evil and wickedness in the world?

That's like building a mansion and putting your children it. Then, somehow it caught fire.
All you have to do is say "off" to put out the flame.

But you'd rather wait for thousands of years to do that.

Makes no sense to me.

It almost seems like the god is not benevolent, omniscient or omnipotent.

Or

Doesn't even exist.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Christian God Makes No Sense by asuraking: 9:58pm On Nov 01, 2022
Don't let the sentiment cloud you.God is not a authoritarian person like you.He gave us the ability to make choices,because if we cann't make choices we are simply nothing than robots.That is why he said there is consequence to every action.So those who are part of the reason children die will surely face the consequence.

1 Like

Re: Why The Christian God Makes No Sense by triple996(m): 10:04pm On Nov 01, 2022
Christianity is becoming a joke
Re: Why The Christian God Makes No Sense by Acidosis(m): 10:06pm On Nov 01, 2022
This one doesn't even know that he's also a god. A god is insulting another God.

Two gods decided to meet and make babies (another god) and you're blaming the bigger God for the choices you made.

Maybe when you begin to take responsibility for the choices you made as a god that you are (whether you like it or not), some of these issues you raised will be curtailed.
Re: Why The Christian God Makes No Sense by Snitch24(m): 11:53pm On Nov 01, 2022
asuraking:
Don't let the sentiment cloud you.God is not a authoritarian person like you.He gave us the ability to make choices,because if we cann't make choices we are simply nothing than robots.That is why he said there is consequence to every action.So those who are part of the reason children die will surely face the consequence.
Shut up
Me I don't like it here
I had no choice
And it's perceived worse if I had to leave on my own
Did I choose my parent
My religion
My skin colour
I see a lot of cripple babies
Its not funny out there
Pasto's lying
Enjoying wealth while preaching about vanity
Thats crazy bro
The Vaticans should show us the pages of books removed from the bible
Ad tell us why
Everything seems fae to m for real

1 Like

Re: Why The Christian God Makes No Sense by Kobojunkie: 1:46am On Nov 02, 2022
Snitch24:
1. Shut up Me I don't like it here I had no choice And it's perceived worse if I had to leave on my own Did I choose my parent My religion My skin colour I see a lot of cripple babies Its not funny out there
2. Pasto's lying Enjoying wealth while preaching about vanity Thats crazy bro
3. The Vaticans should show us the pages of books removed from the bible Ad tell us why Everything seems fae to m for real
1. Your parents(humans) made those choices, so why blame God? lipsrsealed

2. You were scammed by men who use the name of God to sell their scams to you, yet somehow God is to blame for your gullibility? lipsrsealed

3. Even though you happen to witness the information age where all information is made readily available at your fingertips without much work on your part, you are still depending on other men to tell you what to believe. No be craze be that? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why The Christian God Makes No Sense by Snitch24(m): 1:50am On Nov 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Your parents(humans) made those choices, so why blame God? lipsrsealed

2. You were scammed by men who use the name of God to sell their scams to you, yet somehow God is to blame for your gullibility? lipsrsealed

3. Even though you happen to witness the information age where all information is made readily available at your fingertips without much work on your part, you are still depending on other men to tell you what to believe. No be craze be that? lipsrsealed
You're talking as if I had choice
You have no point br
Shut up still
Re: Why The Christian God Makes No Sense by Kobojunkie: 1:53am On Nov 02, 2022
Snitch24:
You're talking as if I had choice You have no point be Shut up still
. You can't birth yourself for sure, so the one's you ought to direct your anger at are your parents, not God. lipsrsealed

2. The point is your ignorance is the reason why you let these other men scam you using God's name and so they are enjoying the loot of their labor does not have anything to do with God but the fact that men allowed them to amass this wealth for free. undecided

3. If you still depend on the same scammers to reveal the truth to you clearly means you haven't learned anything yet. undecided
Re: Why The Christian God Makes No Sense by Snitch24(m): 1:59am On Nov 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
. You can't birth yourself for sure, so the one's you ought to direct your anger at are your parents, not God. lipsrsealed

2. The point is your ignorance is the reason why you let these other men scam you using God's name and so they are enjoying the loot of their labor does not have anything to do with God but the fact that men allowed them to amass this wealth for free. undecided

3. If you still depend on the same scammers to reveal the truth to you clearly means you haven't learned anything yet. undecided
U still don't get the point
Don't forget the main topic
Why does the innocent ones have to die
Re: Why The Christian God Makes No Sense by Kobojunkie: 2:07am On Nov 02, 2022
Snitch24:
U still don't get the point Don't forget the main topic Why does the innocent ones have to die
P1: Death, and suffering, happen to any man, including the wicked and the righteous alike
P2: Death, and suffering, can come upon any man at any time
Conclusion: Death, and suffering, is guaranteed to happen to any man at any time

Give me one reason why those whom you deem innocent should not die. undecided
Re: Why The Christian God Makes No Sense by prophetfire: 2:18am On Nov 02, 2022
FatherFurious:
Last week, I read about a baby. Apparently, the little infant did something that infuriated its father to the point of damaging one of the baby's arms.

The arm was amputated.
Then the baby died.

Small mercies.

The world is hard enough for grown men with two arms and two legs. It'd be an unbearable hell for a helpless infant if it had to go through life with such a significant deformity.

Frankly, I'm relieved the baby died.

Another child died today. Thousands of children, including infants, die every day.

In 2020 alone, 5 million under 5 year-olds died accord to UNICEF.

That's not even the worst of it.

What's worse is the number of children that still gets born every day. They're forcefully ripped out of blissful inexistence or whatever.

And forced to live in a wicked world without choice.

Yet, there's supposedly a benevolent, all-knowing, all-loving and all-powerful god presiding over the earth. So, why doesn't he intervene?

He wants humans to exercise their free will. Plus, he'll eventually punish evil on the judgement day.

That's like building a mansion and putting your children it. Then, somehow it caught fire.

Makes no sense to me.

Or

Doesn't even exist.

. Hunan's live with the consequences of their actions and the actions of other humans have it's effects.
Re: Why The Christian God Makes No Sense by NNTR: 2:36am On Nov 02, 2022
FatherFurious:
Last week, I read ....

Makes no sense to me.

Or

Doesn't even exist.
It took 2000 years after telling Abraham about His plan of Salvation et cetera, for God, to come down to earth as Jesus, (i.e. God incarnate aka God in human flesh form) so yeah, you guessed right that 'must wait' for all the wickedness and guilt in the world to complete or be finished, meaning the cup of iniquity needs to be full, before its judgment next.

Sin, (e.g. wickedness, guilt et cetera) is like a boulder bustlingly rolling down a hill, you can watch it and talk about it and scream and say Michael! Last, last, it's just a matter of time, when the rolling boulder comes to its end and rest, as in meaning, a state of inertia, where it has no venom left, in it and everyone would have already had breakfast by then.

Kobojunkie:

Isaiah 29:16
'They turn everything upside down.
Which is more important, the potter or the clay?
Can something you have made say, "You didn't make me"?
Or can it say, "You don't know what you are doing"?
'

Stop the blame game already (e.g. blaming parents)

Yes, its true, what you typed about cant direct anger at God

Snitch24:
Isaiah 29:16
'How foolish can you be?
He is the Potter, and he is certainly greater than you, the clay!
Should the created thing say of the one who made it, “He didn’t make me”?
Does a jar ever say, “The potter who made me is stupid”?
'

It simply is because death at this opposite side of eternity is a relatively short and/or small one, as there is going to be a second and final death, besides, the all currently dead, the innocent and all, at the present time, are asleep and would indeed be woken up (i.e. meaning be resurrected)

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Why The Christian God Makes No Sense by Aemmyjah(m): 6:34am On Nov 02, 2022
Snitch24:

It wasn't God that killed these innocent ones. Was he?
Re: Why The Christian God Makes No Sense by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:56am On Nov 02, 2022
Aemmyjah:

It wasn't God that killed these innocent ones. Was he?
Satan has done a smart job with false religions, who will tell them that the God they're trying to blame is not Omni this Omni that as false religions erroneously taught them? smiley

99% of atheists are nursing the false ideas that God knows everything before it happens or perhaps He masterminded it, He is everywhere seeing all the evils so based on the erroneous teachings they concludes God doesn't truly exist! Psalms 10:4 smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Christian God Makes No Sense by Aemmyjah(m): 7:16am On Nov 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Satan has done a smart job with false religions, who will tell them that the God they're trying to blame is not Omni this Omni that as false religions erroneously taught them? smiley

99% of atheists are nursing the false ideas that God knows everything before it happens or perhaps He masterminded it, He is everywhere seeing all the evils so based on the erroneous teachings they concludes God doesn't truly exist! Psalms 10:4 smiley

I blame it on those clergymen. Paul encouraged his brothers that they must enter the kingdom of God through many tribulations. Even Jesus Christ said that his followers will have tribulations as they remain here on earth. Wicked pastors masquerading as men of God claim talk about how they live a stress free life, how they make millions, how they don't fall sick (as if they will tell the members that they are sick. Elisha was a man of God but he became sick and died). When they teach these things, sincere members begin to think they have lost God's approval when they face trial and tribulations and the same pastors make it worse by saying it is God's will, 'He works in mysterious ways', 'we must not blame God cos he may have something better for you'... I ask myself, 'These men of God are even greater than Jesus Christ'. Jesus Christ was humble even asking that the soldiers do not arrest his disciples, he was humble to death and he did not threaten those who killed him but prayed for them. These 'men of God' in contrast are like dragons, blowing hot on everyone including governmental officials. In their auditorium, they have guards that even the audience can't approach them, how much more outside? Yet, they give their members 'the blood of Jesus Christ' in form of stickers to post on their doors to ward off criminals. Sometimes I feel like crying for my fellow countrymen. Babylon the great must be destroyed. That's the event I'm begging Jehovah to allow me witness even if I die in this system

2 Likes

Re: Why The Christian God Makes No Sense by Aemmyjah(m): 7:26am On Nov 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

As to it's meaning, I can agree that Jehovah is omnipotent. Nothing beats his power. I wonder who gave him that title of omnipatient. That person is a fool. You tag him omnipatient and says he's intolerance personified. Na wa o
Contradictions- he is all loving, all patient. If he is all loving and all patient, it does not make sense to blame him for the evils we face cos an all loving personality won't cause suffering. Yet the same all loving and all patient person put life into dead people and watch them roast for all eternity. Sense!
Re: Why The Christian God Makes No Sense by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:41am On Nov 02, 2022
Aemmyjah:

I blame it on those clergymen. Paul encouraged his brothers that they must enter the kingdom of God through many tribulations. Even Jesus Christ said that his followers will have tribulations as they remain here on earth. Wicked pastors masquerading as men of God claim talk about how they live a stress free life, how they make millions, how they don't fall sick (as if they will tell the members that they are sick. Elisha was a man of God but he became sick and died). When they teach these things, sincere members begin to think they have lost God's approval when they face trial and tribulations and the same pastors make it worse by saying it is God's will, 'He works in mysterious ways', 'we must not blame God cos he may have something better for you'... I ask myself, 'These men of God are even greater than Jesus Christ'. Jesus Christ was humble even asking that the soldiers do not arrest his disciples, he was humble to death and he did not threaten those who killed him but prayed for them. These 'men of God' in contrast are like dragons, blowing hot on everyone including governmental officials. In their auditorium, they have guards that even the audience can't approach them, how much more outside? Yet, they give their members 'the blood of Jesus Christ' in form of stickers to post on their doors to ward off criminals. Sometimes I feel like crying for my fellow countrymen. Babylon the great must be destroyed. That's the event I'm begging Jehovah to allow me witness even if I die in this system

Of course their clergy should be blamed but the greater blame goes to those who swallowed what they heard hook line and sinker without making any research.

What i believe is that majority don't Iove God so instead thinking of what they can do to become God's friend their selfish cravings is killing their brains. No wonder Jesus said the greatest of God's law is LOVE for God with all our heart, soul, strength and might {Mark 12:30} once anyone has this type of love for his or her Creator such a person will never feel comfortable in false religions he/she will know the truth and pull out! John 8:32 compare to Revelations 18:4

But crooked people will continue deceiving themselves and when they end up getting no relief they will blame their frustration on God! winksmiley

1 Like

Re: Why The Christian God Makes No Sense by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:49am On Nov 02, 2022
Aemmyjah:

As to it's meaning, I can agree that Jehovah is omnipotent. Nothing beats his power. I wonder who gave him that title of omnipatient. That person is a fool. You tag him omnipatient and says he's intolerance personified. Na wa o
Contradictions- he is all loving, all patient. If he is all loving and all patient, it does not make sense to blame him for the evils we face cos an all loving personality won't cause suffering. Yet the same all loving and all patient person put life into dead people and watch them roast for all eternity. Sense!

By Omnipotent you're giving the right meaning while the greedy religionist will ask you if God can make him/her a billionaire within now and December, cure his brother or sister that contacted STD, if you hesitate to say "YES" they will tell you your God is useless. That's why those pastors seize the opportunity to extort the little money they're making! wink

1 Like

Re: Why The Christian God Makes No Sense by Aemmyjah(m): 7:54am On Nov 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

By Omnipotent you're giving the right meaning while the greedy religionist will ask you if God can make him/her a billionaire within now and December, cure his brother or sister that contacted STD, if you hesitate to say "YES" they will tell you your God is useless. That's why those pastors seize the opportunity to extort the little money they're making! wink

Well, I show them Proverbs 30:8,9. They simply star at those words as if someone put it there last night.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Christian God Makes No Sense by Snitch24(m): 1:40pm On Nov 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Why was those books removed
Re: Why The Christian God Makes No Sense by Kobojunkie: 1:43pm On Nov 02, 2022
Snitch24:
Why was those books removed
Removed from where? undecided

All available books of scripture are available online for those who really care about learning of scripture. So I am not certain why you seem fixated on a groups selected collection. undecided
Re: Why The Christian God Makes No Sense by Dtruthspeaker: 6:30pm On Nov 02, 2022
triple996:
Christianity is becoming a joke

No! It is rather that people are getting stupider by the day.
Re: Why The Christian God Makes No Sense by Dtruthspeaker: 6:32pm On Nov 02, 2022
FatherFurious:

The arm was amputated.
Then the baby died.

Small mercies.

You smoke bad weed to expect to plant sticks and stones to harvest yams!
Re: Why The Christian God Makes No Sense by Dtruthspeaker: 6:35pm On Nov 02, 2022
Snitch24:

Shut up
Me I don't like it here
I had no choice...

You have one choice on this. Kill yourself!
Re: Why The Christian God Makes No Sense by Dtruthspeaker: 6:39pm On Nov 02, 2022
Snitch24:

Common sense taught everyone that if you live in glass houses, do not throw stones. But do you people ever obey? No!

So homelessness and broken homes and pains shall abound.

(1) (Reply)

A Question For Atheists / Time Is Running Out / Question To The Christians From A Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.