Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,116 members, 7,811,136 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Fayose In Court Over Unpaid ₦‎900 Million Legal Fees - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose In Court Over Unpaid ₦‎900 Million Legal Fees (20141 Views)

Ayo Fayose In Court To Get Bail / Timi Frank Raises Alarm Over Plot To Kill Fayose In EFCC Custody (DETAILS) / PDP Vs APC: What Turaki Told Fayose In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose In Court Over Unpaid ₦‎900 Million Legal Fees by ISTP: 3:19am On Nov 02, 2022
ISTP:
A former governor of Ekiti State, Mr Ayo Fayose, on Tuesday appeared before the Ekiti State High Court, Ado Ekiti Division, in a suit filed against him for allegedly owing his former Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Owoseni Ajayi, N900 million in professional fees.

Ajayi, who was Fayose’s AG during his first and second term tenures as Ekiti governor, filed the suit on December 17, 2018.

In the suit with registration number HAD/113/2018, Ajayi said that he, through his law chambers, handled 18 personal cases for Fayose, with each costing N50 million as professional fee, which he alleged the former governor failed to pay for.

He said the cases, which bordered on Fayose’s impeachment in 2006 and the corruption suit filed against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, among others, were prosecuted between 2006 and 2014.

Ajayi, who prayed the court for “an order compelling Fayose to pay the professional fee without delay,” also sought “an order compelling the defendant (Fayose) to pay 20 per cent interest on the debt from October 5, 2018, and 10 per cent from the day of judgment.”

But the former governor, in his preliminary objection, urged the court to dismiss the case on the premise that it was statute-barred, improperly constituted, and that the claimant failed to comply with the conditions precedent.

During cross-examination, Fayose, who described himself as a full-time politician, admitted in his April 16, 2019 statement on oath that the suit was ill-conceived and lacked the legal validity to file.

On his relationship with the former AG, Fayose said, “Yes, I know him. He did some work for me. Between 2006 and 2017, he worked with me and kept documents for me.”

Ajayi was represented by Bayo Idowu, while the former governor was represented by his counsel, Ahmed Tafa.

https://punchng.com/fayose-in-court-over-unpaid-n900m-legal-fees/

smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose In Court Over Unpaid ₦‎900 Million Legal Fees by inoki247: 3:21am On Nov 02, 2022
lol this lawyer dey cashout oh 900m no wonder dey prefer looters case than a tiger Generator thief....

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fayose In Court Over Unpaid ₦‎900 Million Legal Fees by ISTP: 4:50am On Nov 02, 2022
inoki247:
lol this lawyer dey cashout oh 900m no wonder dey prefer looters case than a tiger Generator thief....

cheesy Real cash out.

Although, he's not just a lawyer.

He was a former Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice in Fayose's tenure.

16 Likes

Re: Fayose In Court Over Unpaid ₦‎900 Million Legal Fees by yinkus6750(m): 4:52am On Nov 02, 2022
Things fall apart.
But why not negotiate and settle amicably?
What was the agreed terms on initiating each case?
Any signed binding contractual agreement?
The Court should leave technicalities and address issues arising from the case.

3 Likes

Re: Fayose In Court Over Unpaid ₦‎900 Million Legal Fees by Ireportlive: 5:25am On Nov 02, 2022
Lawyers and civil servants make real money from this mumu politicians

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose In Court Over Unpaid ₦‎900 Million Legal Fees by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 5:49am On Nov 02, 2022
This Attorney General is very greedy. Why charge someone that gave you opportunity of being appointed Attorney General 50million for every single case?

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose In Court Over Unpaid ₦‎900 Million Legal Fees by ISTP: 6:00am On Nov 02, 2022
DaddyFreeze2020:
This Attorney General is very greedy. Why charge someone that gave you opportunity of being appointed Attorney General 50million for every single case?

In Falz voice:

This is Nigeria
Look how we living now
Look what we eating now
Everybody be criminal

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose In Court Over Unpaid ₦‎900 Million Legal Fees by michlins(m): 6:26am On Nov 02, 2022
DaddyFreeze2020:

how is he greedy?

He made fayose governor by winning the cases for him. Do you know what it took him and his team to be able to prosecute and win the cases. Upon all the billions fayose must have made,he won't still pay him his fees

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose In Court Over Unpaid ₦‎900 Million Legal Fees by gulfer: 7:18am On Nov 02, 2022
This case should be struck out based on "conflict of interest" or are lawyers not statute barred from having other practices like other professions when engaged by the state undecided undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose In Court Over Unpaid ₦‎900 Million Legal Fees by Alexpre12: 7:29am On Nov 02, 2022
lawyer dey cashout oh 900m Just for a case. no wonder dey prefer politician

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fayose In Court Over Unpaid ₦‎900 Million Legal Fees by FreeStuffsNG: 7:39am On Nov 02, 2022
Alexpre12:
lawyer dey cashout oh 900m Just for a case. no wonder dey prefer politician
This is how and why the politicians do not take them serious.

That professional fee is so so much that you wonder where and how that Lawyer expects a full time politician like HE Fayose to get the money if Fayose does not steal from public treasury.

It is obvious that Fayose is not paying that huge bill. That guy should forget becoming a billionaire this way.

FG and NJC needs to look into this arbitrary billing on legal fees because of the opaque style of billing which often includes money to subvert justice and bribe court officials as established in many corruption cases of senior lawyers in particular.

How did he come to the bill of N900m? Haba!! He better come clean because Fayose will expose him in court.
check my signature for free stuffs!

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose In Court Over Unpaid ₦‎900 Million Legal Fees by Ruggedniggaone: 7:55am On Nov 02, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

That professional fee is so so much that you wonder where and how that Lawyer expects a full time politician like HE Fayose to get the money if Fayose does not steal from public treasury.

It is obvious that Fayose is not paying that huge bill. That guy should forget becoming a billionaire this way.

FG and NJC needs to look into this arbitrary billing on legal fees because of the opaque style of billing which often includes money to subvert justice and bribe court officials as established in many corruption cases of senior lawyers in particular.

How did he come to the bill of N900m? Haba!! He better come clean because Fayose will expose him in court.
you are talking rubbish you should have studied law and become a SAN so you can be offering free service to Tinubu and other criminals like him ode osi is defending fayose as if fayose did not know that he has to pay his legal fees

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose In Court Over Unpaid ₦‎900 Million Legal Fees by FreeStuffsNG: 8:13am On Nov 02, 2022
Ruggedniggaone:

Since you can not make your point without insults, I am left with no choice than to report you to the mods.

On your law advice, I have more comfort and fulfilment right from primary school with the more difficult science subjects and glad to be successful at it so I am not a failure looking for validation.

My point is that the bill is outrageous that I suspect that it includes bill to bribe judges because I have seen that is why the likes of Senior lawyers like Rickey Tarfa, SAN ended up in disgrace. As a citizen, I feel very uncomfortable when anyone acts in this manner and recruits uncouth folks like you to attack those calling for scrutiny.

FG has a fundamental role to play in stopping this corruption industry sustained by this kind of legal fees. You are recommending steal billions of public funds so you can pay lawyers N1 billion to bribe judges to set you free. It is unacceptable especially hypocrisy when folks like you later blame the govt.

If you like insult from today to next year, Ayo Fayose is not paying him that bill and that is why they ended up in court. You obviously have no answer to my concern about where that lawyer hopes that Fayose will get that N1 billion. Steal Ekiti money to pay his lawyer?
Fayose will spill the beans las las.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose In Court Over Unpaid ₦‎900 Million Legal Fees by tillaman(m): 4:45pm On Nov 02, 2022
I am in sifia pains

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose In Court Over Unpaid ₦‎900 Million Legal Fees by afbstrategies: 4:45pm On Nov 02, 2022
shocked
Re: Fayose In Court Over Unpaid ₦‎900 Million Legal Fees by iCauseTrouble: 4:45pm On Nov 02, 2022
grin
Re: Fayose In Court Over Unpaid ₦‎900 Million Legal Fees by Hemanwel(m): 4:46pm On Nov 02, 2022
In this coming general elections, I don't think any of the presidential candidates will match Tinubu money-for-money. Why? Because when the baba empties his account, he would not hesitate to also empty Lagos State treasury. Why would he empty all the accounts? Because it is his Lifetime ambition!!!

So, Lagos State civil servants should brace up and prepare for a rough time immediately after the elections next year. Salaries may be owed or delayed.

1 Like

Re: Fayose In Court Over Unpaid ₦‎900 Million Legal Fees by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:47pm On Nov 02, 2022
Ok, noted.
Re: Fayose In Court Over Unpaid ₦‎900 Million Legal Fees by afbstrategies: 4:48pm On Nov 02, 2022
ISTP:

https://punchng.com/fayose-in-court-over-unpaid-n900m-legal-fees/

smiley

Fayose. One of those who destroyed Nigeria and squandered our wealth to the point of no return.

1 Like

Re: Fayose In Court Over Unpaid ₦‎900 Million Legal Fees by Praktikals(m): 4:49pm On Nov 02, 2022
grin
Re: Fayose In Court Over Unpaid ₦‎900 Million Legal Fees by ecolime(m): 4:52pm On Nov 02, 2022
How much was the monthly salary of Fayose as a governor to be able to afford N50M per case?

No wonder they keep stealing billions. Corruption can never be stopped in Nigeria. It can only be reduced.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose In Court Over Unpaid ₦‎900 Million Legal Fees by lessonotes(f): 4:54pm On Nov 02, 2022
Which N900 Million you go see? Fayose wey dey find money. grin grin

Wike and Co. better take note, after Governorship that's all ooo. Power is transient.

1 Like

Re: Fayose In Court Over Unpaid ₦‎900 Million Legal Fees by Angel55555(m): 4:56pm On Nov 02, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

I'm pretty sure they both agreed on the price before the former A.G prosecuted the case on his behalf. There is nothing like arbitrary billing, before you engage someone who has achieved so much in his profession, you ought to know he won't come cheap. It's not easy to become a lawyer and I'm pretty sure the man would have paid his entire legal team before demanding any money from Fayose. He should pay up and stop behaving like a sore loser.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose In Court Over Unpaid ₦‎900 Million Legal Fees by onatisi(m): 4:57pm On Nov 02, 2022
Fayose should run fast to wike . Wike Is sharing rivers state money to anyone who will stand by him and support him against atiku and ayu.
Re: Fayose In Court Over Unpaid ₦‎900 Million Legal Fees by babzo(m): 4:57pm On Nov 02, 2022
ISTP:

In Falz voice:

This is Nigeria
Look how we living now
Look what we eating now
Everybody be criminal

No sir, I am not a criminal. Maybe many are. Not me and I know many others too.

1 Like

Re: Fayose In Court Over Unpaid ₦‎900 Million Legal Fees by slivertongue: 4:57pm On Nov 02, 2022
Hunting the Hunter
Re: Fayose In Court Over Unpaid ₦‎900 Million Legal Fees by adioolayi(m): 5:00pm On Nov 02, 2022
If you study this man very well...

He is trying his best to know where the 2023 elections pendulum go swing to...Na there e go dey... because, if he is out of the government circles in 2023...e go red pass this one wey e dey so..

He is Atiku here, Peter Obi there and Tinubu over-there-here

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fayose In Court Over Unpaid ₦‎900 Million Legal Fees by Menclothing: 5:02pm On Nov 02, 2022
My son must be a SAN omo swt money

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abia Youths Vow To Vote Out PDP / PIA: DPR Scrapped As Senate Confirms NURC Board Members / Utomi: Tinubu’s ’Emilokan’ Ambition Not Good For Democracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.