Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,015 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Sack Farming In Limited Yard Space... (yam, Palm, Vegetables) - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Sack Farming In Limited Yard Space... (yam, Palm, Vegetables) (29858 Views)

Amazing Output From My Yam-in-sack Farming (pictures) / Practical Step-by-step Guide To Yam Sack Farming - Yam Bag Farming / Profitability Of Pig Farming In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sack Farming In Limited Yard Space... (yam, Palm, Vegetables) by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 03, 2022
Very Nice.
Re: Sack Farming In Limited Yard Space... (yam, Palm, Vegetables) by nairamaniac: 1:32pm On Nov 03, 2022
saphiere:
The God of ndibo and Chioma will keep on making David's life miserable until he does the needful.
This would serve as a lesson to all those toiling with Igbo girls.

Did Davido toil with chioma?

Are u an insider in their relationship?
Re: Sack Farming In Limited Yard Space... (yam, Palm, Vegetables) by Pootle: 2:06pm On Nov 03, 2022
you no plant rice undecided
Re: Sack Farming In Limited Yard Space... (yam, Palm, Vegetables) by AfonjaConehead: 2:45pm On Nov 03, 2022
Ireportlive:
Harvest of tiny yams grin (it's going to get better as I wasn't patient enough).

Some remaining fertilizer , and herbicide
Ahhh eyeyi gidigan o!!!
MOH sef issa a farmer!!! Oga shey kin wa gba iyen to wa middle? grin
Re: Sack Farming In Limited Yard Space... (yam, Palm, Vegetables) by Phyde: 3:02pm On Nov 03, 2022
Stuff like this can reduce foods expenses if properly managed.
Re: Sack Farming In Limited Yard Space... (yam, Palm, Vegetables) by holaralph(m): 9:24pm On Nov 03, 2022
NwaMamaIwota:
I'm watching you
nice sweet yam
please don't use herbicides again because it is going to store in the plant and the sack. And it will later be consumed by us
Re: Sack Farming In Limited Yard Space... (yam, Palm, Vegetables) by Konquest: 8:41pm On Jan 11
Ireportlive:

Sack farming is fun and less stressful, without requiring too much space or capital....

It allows people to grow crops in their backyards, and other places. With sack farming, crops can be grown anywhere. Sack farming encourages people to grow crops in small areas.

For me sack farming started like an adventure and out of curiosity from a YouTube video I watched last year, I decided to take up the challenge, since I basically work remotely

Setting up was the hardest part..

*Each Sack cost #50 naira,

*Filling of sack with quality sand cost 200 per sack (you can contract bricklayers and labourers)

* I got seedlings for free

* I got fertilizer for free

*Herbicide cost 6k ( but I used it majorly for a different purpose)

Nature took it over everything and I hardly wet the crops through out the rainy season.
Impressive.
Where and how did you get your seedlings?

Thanks.
Re: Sack Farming In Limited Yard Space... (yam, Palm, Vegetables) by Konquest: 8:50pm On Jan 11
Jibsonified:
Nice one!

It's SAC not SACK

Why not use a bigger sac for planting yam. If you notice, the yam tubers you have so far are small in size, this is because the sac you used limits its growth. The auxins in plants detects if there space and encourage more growth of the yam. Also, I noticed you used sac for the Oil Palm, this too won't allow the palm to grow. I don't think sac is recommended for plant like Oil Palm that have secondary growth.
Re: Sack Farming In Limited Yard Space... (yam, Palm, Vegetables) by akata1: 9:57pm On Jan 11
Can you pls teach us how to do it
Re: Sack Farming In Limited Yard Space... (yam, Palm, Vegetables) by Evidenx(m): 4:17pm On Jan 12
PassiveIncomes:
Have You Started ?
yes I did and it went well.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buy your Quality hybrid SEEDS/Seedling / Fresh Pepper Farm / Yoruba Man & A Graduate Turns Cattle Rearer (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.