Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,236 members, 7,836,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff (52975 Views)

Police Release Portable After Meeting Bail Conditions / Police Confirms Death Of Ifeanyi Adeleke, grills Domestic Staff / Coronavirus: Peter Okoye, Wife Lola, Daughter Test Positive & 2 Domestic Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by GloriousGbola: 2:19pm On Nov 02, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Who told you he picked the nanny from the village
Na was for some of you o

if you, or I get one bush person from the village that needs training, fine.
you do what your pocket can carry, and you do serious monitoring

we got ine maid once and we let her go in less than a week - because it was clear she was too careless to be around toddlers

but when a mega rich person does the same - it is the height of stupidity

one of the ogas in my old company got a middle aged experienced filipina as a nanny

that is what you do - not get one small girl who has never even had children, and who will spend more of her time being freaked out by the luxury she is living in

there is NO WAY there were not other incidents in that house that everyone just ignored or handwaved as not a big deal.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by Panasonic101: 2:19pm On Nov 02, 2022
LadyExcellency:

That was a small thing compared to mine. My only daughter was murdered by a reckless driver in my presence on an inner street. I bailed the driver (who reported himself to the police) after a week and buried my only beautiful daughter.

As you can see, I know how it pains and how to manage the situation. Since I lost her in 2012, I haven't been able to replace her.

Omoooo, sorry about that.
Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by Panasonic101: 2:20pm On Nov 02, 2022
olaniyilukman:
Brother, I be Yoruba man like you now and why are you abusing my personality....

Oya no vex brother �
Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by Karlovych: 2:21pm On Nov 02, 2022
Mercury12:

Are u sure "tinubu" or "Yoruba" is not the cause of it? Why are you suddenly commenting like someone that now have sense?
angry
Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 02, 2022
Broveens42:

Lol vague comment as usual... That's why I said Nija is an oppressive/dysfunctional society... So because the 8 workers didn't go to look for him, they should be held for an accident which should have been averted by a specific role..

Is there a pool cover?
Who's duty is it to cover the pool after use?
Is such a person a licensed worker in the said premises?

Lol... Unfortunately this is not a working society, so I expect the poor workers to be detained without a charge

Brilliant points you raised. If I would add, Was the Nanny licensed or just the usual "decent girl"
Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by Agbegbaorogboye: 2:21pm On Nov 02, 2022
GloriousGbola:

if you, or I get one bush person from the village that needs training, fine.
you do what your pocket can carry, and you do serious monitoring

we got ine maid once and we let her go in less than a week - because it was clear she was too careless to be around toddlers

but when a mega rich person does the same - it is the height of stupidity

one of the ogas in my old company got a middle aged experienced filipina as a nanny

that is what you do - not get one small girl who has never even had children, and who will spend more of her time being freaked out by the luxury she is living in

there is NO WAY there were not other incidents in that house that everyone just ignored or handwaved as not a big deal.
What I asked is how you know she's not a professional nanny
Filipina are not the only professional nannies in the world

3 Likes

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by Ade1759: 2:22pm On Nov 02, 2022
What more can man do?..... I employed people for specific reasons....they ignore the most vital aspect of the job... DON'T LET HIM OUT YOUR SIGHT FOR MORE THAN 5 SECONDS....how difficult is it to do that in banana island

Chef and Nanny....what were you up to?

1 Like

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by Truthisunique2: 2:22pm On Nov 02, 2022
Broveens42:

Lol vague comment as usual... That's why I said Nija is an oppressive/dysfunctional society... So because the 8 workers didn't go to look for him, they should be held for an accident which should have been averted by a specific role..

Is there a pool cover?
Who's duty is it to cover the pool after use?
Is such a person a licensed worker in the said premises?

Lol... Unfortunately this is not a working society, so I expect the poor workers to be detained without a charge
forget pool cover story

How many celebrities have pool cover and how many deaths have we heard

Your average sitting room can even kill a kid either he jumps from something etc yet it doesn't happen because you monitor and guide them

2 Likes

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by toprealman: 2:23pm On Nov 02, 2022
MuslimIgbo:
Good.
That useless and careless girl must be drilled.
It's possible that she was doing useless:
Tiktok video
Instagram
Facebook or WhatsApp when the incident happened.

Most girls of this generation exposed to social media are very useless and irresponsible.

It's possible that she was even having sex with one of the other useless worker when the incident happened.
How can a 3 years old that is your responsibility to looks after leave your custody for several minutes without noticing?

The swimming is even said to be outside the apartment, and not within the quarter.

Very useless human being.
You see many of those girls with simple and innocent looks, FEAR THEM THE MOST. Many of them are more evil than the devil himself.
Thank God you are not a judge.
Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by Virgohills(m): 2:25pm On Nov 02, 2022
Are there no CCTV in a billionaires house?
Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by DukeNija(m): 2:26pm On Nov 02, 2022
LadyExcellency:

That was a small thing compared to mine. My only daughter was murdered by a reckless driver in my presence on an inner street. I bailed the driver (who reported himself to the police) after a week and buried my only beautiful daughter.

As you can see, I know how it pains and how to manage the situation. Since I lost her in 2012, I haven't been able to replace her.

I’m so sorry for your loss. I pray that the peace and comfort of the Lord rest in your heart and heal you completely in Jesus name. You will bring many more children to this world and they will not die in Jesus name.

6 Likes

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by tuzle(m): 2:27pm On Nov 02, 2022
Makinaki:

The first negligence na Davido own. As the homeowner, na him suppose don arrange to fence off the swimming pool when not in use. Especially after the same thing happen to Dbanj pikin not long ago.

Secondly with all that money, surely Davido should have employed a professional nanny, not some village or Cotonou girl wey dem dey pay N25k monthly.
how do u know they pay her 25k.

2 Likes

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 02, 2022
Rebuke:
Seriously, something must be wrong somewhere. The child must have been in the water for more than 30minutes.

The fact that non of them could realise he was out of sight for that long actually spells negligence.

Habba, even the parent, except they were both so busy. If the later is the case, he must have left in the care of the nanny, is it that what they're employed for?

30 minutes you said? It takes less than 10 minutes to be dead for an adult.
Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by hollywater: 2:31pm On Nov 02, 2022
Karlovych:
embarassed Poor parenting lead to he boy's death, a child less than 5 years of age must always be closely monitored even though it's a huge task for them.

Children are always curious and don't have the concept of consequences for their actions in their developing minds
What exactly is the Parents fault? They employ 8 domestic workers for 1 house,and the nani Chef plan and kill the little boy for the reason best known to them.
Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by Treadway: 2:33pm On Nov 02, 2022
That nanny will rue the day she signed that employment contract. No two ways abourit, this ain't ending well for her. O ma se o!

1 Like

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by Ubongikouwem: 2:33pm On Nov 02, 2022
Da, the death of this boy is not far from that man

1 Like

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by FreeStuffsNG: 2:33pm On Nov 02, 2022
ScooperTechNG:

Lawyers go cash out bad!
Is this election tribunal? smh
Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by kelmicheal: 2:34pm On Nov 02, 2022
The nanny responsibilities is to follow the child very closely anywhere he goes.

The cook should be release too her responsibilities is in the kitchen

2 Likes

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by GloriousGbola: 2:36pm On Nov 02, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

What I asked is how you know she's not a professional nanny
Filipina are not the only professional nannies in the world

in your mind this is a trained certified, professional nanny , abi?

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by bepositive11: 2:36pm On Nov 02, 2022
Rebuke:
Seriously, something must be wrong somewhere. The child must have been in the water for more than 30minutes.

The fact that non of them could realise he was out of sight for that long actually spells negligence.

Habba, even the parent, except they were both so busy. If the later is the case, he must have left in the care of the nanny, is it that what they're employed for?

@bolded I really think so too, especially because they found him at the bottom of the pool sad Why didn't he scream when he was drowning? Maybe he didn't even know that he was in danger?

Me that I'm upset like this, I can't imagine how his parents are feeling.

At the end of the day, we have to admit that no one intended for this to happen.

2 Likes

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by Broveens42(m): 2:36pm On Nov 02, 2022
Truthisunique2:
forget pool cover story

How many celebrities have pool cover and how many deaths have we heard

Your average sitting room can even kill a kid either he jumps from something etc yet it doesn't happen because you monitor and guide them

Lol.. I'm happy you are getting it ... You said I should forget pool cover story, but you can't tell a rich, educated Nigerian who knows his right to forget such story when he knows that's the real negligence; a failure to cover the pool by whomever was assigned..., that's the point...
Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by harmony75: 2:37pm On Nov 02, 2022
The swimming pool should be well bracade for toddlers, young kids even pet from falling inside. This Ifeanyi's case is quite shocking God why � � � �
Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by fxexperts: 2:42pm On Nov 02, 2022
bhella10:
Will autopsy bring back the kid? Point is Chioma failed as a mother. She disappointed the little kid who had been her only companion when they were separated from David. So now that she got David back she abandoned the boy to be attending owanbe upandan without her only stake in the Adeleke's world. I blame Chioma. embarassed
What can your blame do? Jokers everywhere.

CoronaVirusRelo:

In as much as I dont blame the parents and nanny, as accidents are bound to happen irrespective of location or individuals present. If issues should be fundamentally analyzed and layed out, your question will always come to play, and government could enact legal charges.

The same way we could enact legal charges against the government, for the people dieing of accidents and armed robbery in the country. Most of you are just so full of hate. The kitchen or sitting room in a house can kill a child faster than the pool outside. Although i blame Davido for not installing a pool cover for the swimming pool. but i think he never reasoned for once that his children will ever be allowed outside the house without adult supervision let alone to the back of the compound where there is the swimming pool. This is total negligence from the nanny, she didn't do her job at all.
benalvino3:
Arrest people for the parents carelessness
This one doesn't have sense I swear.
victorazy:

Am an Igbo guy, I was disappointed at her. She is not acting like an Igbo woman.
Abeg Who your disappointment help?

akwesenana:
The parents should be locked up.
SMH.
Raising up a child is a community effort.

RIP to Takeoffembarassed
Maybe they should lock yours up too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by asanausana91: 2:42pm On Nov 02, 2022
Nobody should blame the nanny rather davido and his girl friend should be blamed.
Davido took the boy to the swimming pool the other day now the went to the place where the father took him.
The mother is stupid, she refused to take care of her child but continue gallivanting with open breast in the name of celebrity.

3 Likes

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by Gemma11: 2:44pm On Nov 02, 2022
Romanoff:
May God not allow us enter the kind of trouble.

The nanny probably didn't look out for the boy cause she was counting on the many people in the house.

The many people in the house probably didn't pay attention to the boy cause they assumed he's with the nanny.

That's it in a nutshell.

The Nanny is negligent and should be held 100% accountable as it was her sole responsibilty as stated in her job description as the "Nanny" to provide 1-2-1 24 hour care to the child. rule no.1 should have been not to let the child out of her sight for even a second.
Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by Ijaya123: 2:45pm On Nov 02, 2022
Karlovych:
embarassed Poor parenting lead to he boy's death, a child less than 5 years of age must always be closely monitored even though it's a huge task for them.

Children are always curious and don't have the concept of consequences for their actions in their developing minds

And what is the job function of a nanny?
Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by Zorn: 2:45pm On Nov 02, 2022
Romanoff:
May God not allow us enter the kind of trouble.

The nanny probably didn't look out for the boy cause she was counting on the many people in the house.

The many people in the house probably didn't pay attention to the boy cause they assumed he's with the nanny.
The nanny has only one job which is to keep the child safe , but she failed.
Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by Parachoko: 2:45pm On Nov 02, 2022
bhella10:
Will autopsy bring back the kid? Point is Chioma failed as a mother. She disappointed the little kid who had been her only companion when they were separated from David. So now that she got David back she abandoned the boy to be attending owanbe upandan without her only stake in the Adeleke's world. I blame Chioma. embarassed
Mumu talk

1 Like

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by fxexperts: 2:46pm On Nov 02, 2022
asanausana91:
Nobody should blame the nanny rather davido and his girl friend should be blamed.
Davido took the boy to the swimming pool the other day now the went to the place where the father took him.
The mother is stupid, she refused to take care of her child but continue gallivanting with open breast in the name of celebrity.
Jealousy and hate will kill this guy here. Expecting a woman to tie the child with chain around his neck everywhere they go to abi. And the nanny is just meant to be collecting free money and eating free food abi. Some people do reason with their leg. Maybe na their leg their brain dey.
Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by Broveens42(m): 2:47pm On Nov 02, 2022
kelmicheal:
The nanny responsibilities is to follow the child very closely anywhere he goes.

The cook should be release too her responsibilities is in the kitchen

As oxygen or what?
Children have accidents that can be avoidable.. you can't crucify your nanny for allowing your kid injure himself by breaking your TV, because you failed as a parent to hang the TV a bit higher.

The pool should have been covered by the landlord

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Davido And Chioma Visit Abba Kyari (Photos) / Singer Tems Shows Off Cleavage In New Photos / Mercy Aigbe’s Outfit To Her Father-in-Law’s Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.