Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,387 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

My Self-publishing Feat - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Self-publishing Feat (773 Views)

Kobo Publishing: Self Publishing And Print On Demand In Nigeria / The Mental Warfare (depression; How It Works?) Get My Self-help Manual On Amazon / How Nigerian Authors Can Get The Best From Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Self-publishing Feat by Tendai2430: 12:05pm On Nov 02, 2022
Hi Nairalanders. I've just self-published my first short story and I would like some feedback on it. It's a family drama narrative set in Nigeria. The first thirty people to signify interest would get the pdf copy of the book for free.
Thanks.
Re: My Self-publishing Feat by Tendai2430: 9:04pm On Nov 05, 2022
FREE TO LOVE AND LEAVE SOMEONE

Thirty minutes later he came back to their living room.

“Daddy, is Grandma going to come for my birthday next month?” Dami asked in a whiny voice.

Her sisters turned and looked at their father as if in conspiracy and support of the one who had asked the question.

“Eh hmm, yes, yes. She will definitely come and bring something nice for you from the village," he replied absentmindedly.

His wife supposedly should have asked, Dear, why hasn’t Mama come to visit us in awhile?' like a good and proper daughter-in-law would. But no she was at a silent war with her mother-in-law. A thick cloud of animosity always hung in the air when Baba Tara's mother was mentioned.

1 Like

Re: My Self-publishing Feat by Tendai2430: 3:00pm On Nov 09, 2022
Hello Nairalanders. I would like to get some feedback on the book so please, and please, drop your comments and thoughts after reading. I hope you will enjoy reading it. Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BLXMQRL3?ref_=cm_sw_r_mwn_ts_YSW90D22GN9QJ9J71056
Re: My Self-publishing Feat by Tendai2430: 9:11am On Dec 17, 2022
Hello Nairalanders. I would like to get some feedback on the book so please, and please, drop your comments and thoughts after reading. I hope you will enjoy reading it. This is the link for it on Amazon Bookstore or you can send a request for the pdf.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BLXMQRL3?ref_=cm_sw_r_mwn_ts_YSW90D22GN9QJ9J71056
Re: My Self-publishing Feat by Tendai2430: 3:12am On Dec 21, 2022
“Baba Tara, are you not attending church service today?” his wife queried looking at her husband seated on the bed through the mirror.

The children were already dressed and set to go. Mama Tara was patting her dark-green gele on her head, smoothing the folds of her off-white lace wrapper and blouse around her waist whilst turning around in front of the mirror to search for faults in her outfit or praise it. She reached for the moisturizing cream to rub on her hands.

He replied no, looking down at his phone in one hand and thumbing a notebook in the other. There was some work to be done with a colleague and then he will meet friends for some other business he informed her.

Mama Tara turned around sharply upon hearing him. This was the first time since they gotten married that her husband wouldn’t go to church.
Standing still, she pondered whether or not to probe her husband further. After all it may not be a good thing to entertain suspicious thoughts of one’s spouse on a holy day. He didn’t even cast a glance as she came to stand beside him or notice her steadfast gaze on him.

“Ok, then. Bye, bye,” she quietly said at last as though he wasn’t supposed to hear her reply nor observe her leaving the room.

Mama Tara and the children returned home from church at 2 p.m. only to meet Baba Tara’s absence. By sunset he still hadn’t come back to the house and his number was switched off each time she tried to call.

She frantically made calls to friends asking if they had heard from him that day. No, and they hadn’t seen him either they all told her.
Worry ruthlessly conquered her mind, streaking furrowed lines on her forehead, and in her nervousness she bit her teeth on her dry brown-colored lips creating deep pink patches on them.
“Mama Tara, don’t worry, eh. Maybe, he wasn’t able to charge the phone if it went down. Wait a bit, even till tomorrow. By God’s grace, my friend will come back safe and sound,” Baba Laide’s voice called over the phone. His wife had been trying her best to calm Mama Tara, that hopefully all was well with her husband

Excerpt from 'Free to love and leave someone.'
Re: My Self-publishing Feat by Tendai2430: 9:31am On Jan 01, 2023
Happy new year family!!! It's 2023 and another opportunity to make it the best year yet of our lives.

For those who are interested in my new short story 'Free to love and leave someone' you can get the pdf from me via email. Kindly send your details and the book will ne sent. Thanks.

It's going to be a better year for us. Lots of love for 2023!!!

(1) (Reply)

Playboy Magazine / Money And Happiness / Urgently Need Ideas.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.