Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,187 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Group Accuses Abia State Govt Of Trying To Influence Outcome Of PDP Congress - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Accuses Abia State Govt Of Trying To Influence Outcome Of PDP Congress (5290 Views)

South South PDP Congress Elects New Executives / 2023 Polls: Salihu Lukman Accuses Tl Of Attempting To Influence Outcome / Enugu PDP Congress: Nnamani Emerges Party Chairman (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Group Accuses Abia State Govt Of Trying To Influence Outcome Of PDP Congress by freechuks05(m): 3:57pm On Nov 02, 2022
A group of concerned PDP members have called the attention of the general public on what they described as an act of desperation by the Abia State Government trying to prevail on INEC into doing its bidding for a fee.

The group stated that the PDP worried that the Federal High Court Umuahia will likely nullify their Congresses held in Abia State, the State Government is making frantic moves to influence INEC to bend the rules in their favor.

According to the group, “INEC Regulations of 2018 stipulates that for a party to hold a valid congress, it must notify INEC Headquarters at least 7 days before the time. Abia State PDP held a kangaroo Congress on the 6th of May 2022 by a letter dated 4th May 2022 addressed to the Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) and received by the REC on 5th May, 2022.

The 2018 INEC Regulations make it mandatory that only a communication signed by both the National Chairman and National Secretary of a political party addressed to the National Headquarters of INEC is valid. In a letter signed by Secretary to INEC, Rose Orarian - Anthony and dated 13th May 2022, INEC confirmed that the last letter they received from PDP National was the one rescheduling Abia PDP Congress to 4th of May, 2022. What this means is that the 6th May, 2022 Congress of the PDP in Abia was held without giving INEC the stipulated 7days notice, thereby breaching INEC Regulations. In the eye of the law, PDP Abia did not hold any valid congress”.

The group further stated that Abia State Government is working hard to influence INEC to write and backdate a letter that the commission authorized the state Chapter of PDP to organise a Congress in line with the law. ”We reliably gathered that INEC is on the verge of doing the bidding of the state government and are about to receive a huge amount of money for the hatchet job.

The general public should please remind INEC of their letter of 13th May 2022 which is already in the public domain. They should not soil the name of the Commission and destroy the credibility they have built over these years”. The group stated.

https://web.facebook.com/chukwudi.iwuchukwu/posts/pfbid036eEY8z64pJDhNTNKxXQzAGQrPjpyVJY37eozC2Db1cToBqA48wNd6nHiy33DLtz8l?_rdc=1&_rdr

3 Likes

Re: Group Accuses Abia State Govt Of Trying To Influence Outcome Of PDP Congress by Hysmady(m): 8:45pm On Nov 02, 2022
shocked
Re: Group Accuses Abia State Govt Of Trying To Influence Outcome Of PDP Congress by beerfraud: 8:45pm On Nov 02, 2022
Even in south east nobody is talking about Labour party
PDP and APC will definitely share south east votes

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Accuses Abia State Govt Of Trying To Influence Outcome Of PDP Congress by Porths: 8:45pm On Nov 02, 2022
Abia state is PDP so the government will want to have a say in the party affairs of the state, but that Is never a good thing

1 Like

Re: Group Accuses Abia State Govt Of Trying To Influence Outcome Of PDP Congress by Mko123(m): 8:46pm On Nov 02, 2022
As I was saying, the confusion has started from that place.
I'm a bonafide son of the soil of Yoruba land but I confide in Obi 50% above all presidential candidates.

But I do pray to God to immunise me against suffering should any aspirant apart from the aforementioned grabs the seat.

May God answer my prayers

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Group Accuses Abia State Govt Of Trying To Influence Outcome Of PDP Congress by reuben81: 8:47pm On Nov 02, 2022
Ftc,Abia my beloved state
Re: Group Accuses Abia State Govt Of Trying To Influence Outcome Of PDP Congress by Antoeni(m): 8:47pm On Nov 02, 2022
Dead Okezie Ikpeazu
most Useless South East Governor Ever

3 Likes

Re: Group Accuses Abia State Govt Of Trying To Influence Outcome Of PDP Congress by uche393: 8:48pm On Nov 02, 2022
South East PDP is the most useless part of PDP, they don't love doing things the right way but they all expected Atiku to leave PDP presidential ticket for SE.

in Abia State, the PDP suppose to zone the ticket to the Abia North but the governor made his Kinsman the governorship candidate of PDP. anyways, they aren't winning because we must expose all the things they are hiding since TA Orji's tenure till now.

thanks God Peter Obi left them to LP and he's going to win come 2023

1 Like

Re: Group Accuses Abia State Govt Of Trying To Influence Outcome Of PDP Congress by Antoeni(m): 8:50pm On Nov 02, 2022
Late Okezie Ikpeazu is Inconsequential
Dead men dont Talk
worry Less
Re: Group Accuses Abia State Govt Of Trying To Influence Outcome Of PDP Congress by shortIGBOman: 8:51pm On Nov 02, 2022
reuben81:
Ftc,Abia my beloved state

Abia your State. Shame no dey catch you to say this in public? grin

Re: Group Accuses Abia State Govt Of Trying To Influence Outcome Of PDP Congress by JustStupidity: 8:55pm On Nov 02, 2022
Abia is doomed. Past and present Governors killed the state
Re: Group Accuses Abia State Govt Of Trying To Influence Outcome Of PDP Congress by sameks08(m): 8:57pm On Nov 02, 2022
make una go and sit down cos bygone is bygone and nothing will happen. By the way na Labour party be ebe ano
Re: Group Accuses Abia State Govt Of Trying To Influence Outcome Of PDP Congress by RichDad1(m): 8:57pm On Nov 02, 2022
PDP still Dey Abia? I think say LP and obedients don take over
Re: Group Accuses Abia State Govt Of Trying To Influence Outcome Of PDP Congress by fergie001: 9:18pm On Nov 02, 2022
This case is expected to be dismissed.

1 Like

Re: Group Accuses Abia State Govt Of Trying To Influence Outcome Of PDP Congress by NwekereNdoki: 10:21pm On Nov 02, 2022
JustStupidity:
Abia is doomed. Past and present Governors killed the state

You are the one that is doomed..

Wait for it.

Re: Group Accuses Abia State Govt Of Trying To Influence Outcome Of PDP Congress by fredoooooo: 10:23pm On Nov 02, 2022
Na Papa dey deceive pikins , typical Goat and yam mentality.. A prty where 3 is greater than 6.
PDP never ever again ...TUFIAKWA
LP... Never ever ... they should not turn naija to Anambra trophy beer state
Re: Group Accuses Abia State Govt Of Trying To Influence Outcome Of PDP Congress by Cryofigbos: 12:02am On Nov 03, 2022
Before nko......will the governor just be looking

I can't criticize state I have no business with, if dey like make them sell all abians grin
Re: Group Accuses Abia State Govt Of Trying To Influence Outcome Of PDP Congress by broadman20: 4:11am On Nov 03, 2022
beerfraud:
Even in south east nobody is talking about Labour party
PDP and APC will definitely share south east votes

Hahahaha!

The way and manner which the south east politicians will eat your candidate money will make you cry sincerely speaking.

You are not in the east and will never understand what is happening in the east period.
Re: Group Accuses Abia State Govt Of Trying To Influence Outcome Of PDP Congress by Onyiiobi7735(m): 4:15am On Nov 03, 2022
grin grin My people always ready to tear themselves apart whenever it concerns an issue of politics. Sometimes I wonder the magnitude of civil war that would emerge in Biafra, should it be actualised.South Sudan and Somalia would be paradise.
Re: Group Accuses Abia State Govt Of Trying To Influence Outcome Of PDP Congress by FreeStuffsNG: 4:29am On Nov 03, 2022
Politics, just plain politics and nothing more.
check my signature for free stuffs!

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Woes: A Problem Of Leadership Or 'followership'. A Reexamination / What Is United In United Nations UN / Photos: Madonna University Builds Longest/largest Exams Hall In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.