Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,534 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

My Iphone 12 Got Stolen - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Iphone 12 Got Stolen (1493 Views)

My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. / How Do I Track My Phone That Just Got Stolen? Pls HELP!! / How Do I Track My Phone That Got Stolen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Iphone 12 Got Stolen by IvoryGold: 9:21am On Nov 03, 2022
My iPhone 12 got stolen close to Alaba I was tracking it but the theft removed the sim and before I knew it the phone was at alaba. The tracking is still working but not at effective as the radius it’s showings is to big. They are a lot of shops there and the apple map is very bad in Nigeria.

I have the general location and lost mode is ON and It is also showing my number and a reward for the return of my “lost” phone. Can police do something?
Re: My Iphone 12 Got Stolen by dawnomike(m): 10:00am On Nov 03, 2022
IvoryGold:
My iPhone 12 got stolen close to Alaba I was tracking it but the theft removed the sim and before I knew it the phone was at alaba. The tracking is still working but not at effective as the radius it’s showings is to big. They are a lot of shops there and the apple map is very bad in Nigeria.

I have the general location and lost mode is ON and It is also showing my number and a reward for the return of my “lost” phone. Can police do something?
They can't till a sim card is inserted into the phone... then, they can track it provided you have the IMEI serial number
Re: My Iphone 12 Got Stolen by IvoryGold: 11:12am On Nov 03, 2022
I have the number and they have been sending fake apple messages to get my iCloud login. I’m thinking I should just get it to them to they will ON the phone
Re: My Iphone 12 Got Stolen by Greatzeus(m): 11:34am On Nov 03, 2022
IvoryGold:
I have the number and they have been sending fake apple messages to get my iCloud login. I’m thinking I should just get it to them to they will ON the phone
You want to give them your icloud login details? How dumb geez.
If they can login,then it's no more regarded as stolen again by icloud,which assumes the owner found the phone and logged in again. Infact they become legit owners,they can change all your details so you can't track it again because they have unlimited access now.
Your phone is gone either way but don't make it easy for them to cash out big from you

8 Likes

Re: My Iphone 12 Got Stolen by Allison012: 11:55am On Nov 03, 2022
Thought iphone users are buying the phones because of security. So somebody can steal an iphone and go free?

10 Likes

Re: My Iphone 12 Got Stolen by devilmaycry: 12:40pm On Nov 03, 2022
Allison012:
Thought iphone users are buying the phones because of security. So somebody can steal an iphone and go free?
cheesy cheesy grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Iphone 12 Got Stolen by falcon01: 12:57pm On Nov 03, 2022
Allison012:
grin you are an idiot

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Iphone 12 Got Stolen by Allison012: 1:54pm On Nov 03, 2022
falcon01:
grin you are an idiot
Thank you

7 Likes

Re: My Iphone 12 Got Stolen by IvoryGold: 2:58pm On Nov 03, 2022
Greatzeus:

If they can login,then it's no more regarded as stolen again by icloud,which assumes the owner found the phone and logged in again. Infact they become legit owners,they can change all your details so you can't track it again because they have unlimited access now.
Your phone is gone either way but don't make it easy for them to cash out big from you

Because police can track using imei number but it needs to be on with sim
Re: My Iphone 12 Got Stolen by Flora2Sweet: 5:09pm On Nov 03, 2022
Why was it on lost mode in the first place

Meaning you wanted it to be lost na, cus na watin u wish for come so....

U think say you dey London?
I pray u find it sha...
Sorry O

IvoryGold:

Re: My Iphone 12 Got Stolen by Luther0luther: 6:02pm On Nov 03, 2022
There's hope. Eventually someone will buy the phone, that's for sure . The buyer will use some sim in it , and it'll make it easy to track;you'll pay the police because they will NOT do if free.

Once they track it to a location, you can get them to swoop in on the buyer, who may lead you to the actual thief(if justice is your thing and not just the phone)
Re: My Iphone 12 Got Stolen by Scammerr(m): 6:18pm On Nov 03, 2022
the almighty iPhone got stolen?

Re: My Iphone 12 Got Stolen by Holybaddo: 8:00pm On Nov 03, 2022
Scammerr:
the almighty iPhone got stolen?
Bobrisky Bro got caught grin

1 Like

Re: My Iphone 12 Got Stolen by Scammerr(m): 8:01pm On Nov 03, 2022
Holybaddo:
Bobrisky Bro got caught grin
Re: My Iphone 12 Got Stolen by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 03, 2022
Them no born me well to use such a high end device without tracker. Never!
Re: My Iphone 12 Got Stolen by truthCoder: 9:15pm On Nov 03, 2022
IvoryGold:

Because police can track using imei number but it needs to be on with sim

You are not smart

Dont give them your iCloud login.

Relax and continue to track.

The phone is currently in a bag somewhere which is why signal is low.

I hope you did bot switch of find my network.

If find my network is on, the moment they come close to any iphone, it will get better signals and more precise.

Continue to track.

Why not give the police the number they are using to send you messages?
Re: My Iphone 12 Got Stolen by Snitch24(m): 12:29am On Nov 04, 2022
Your phone is gone
Forget it
Except you were the first user
Re: My Iphone 12 Got Stolen by IvoryGold: 10:29am On Nov 04, 2022
truthCoder:

You are not smart

Dont give them your iCloud login.

Relax and continue to track.

The phone is currently in a bag somewhere which is why signal is low.

I hope you did bot switch of find my network.

If find my network is on, the moment they come close to any iphone, it will get better signals and more precise.

Continue to track.

Why not give the police the number they are using to send you messages?

They is no number the sender just shows apple or verify.
Re: My Iphone 12 Got Stolen by thepoweruser(m): 11:15am On Nov 04, 2022
Greatzeus:

@N_Landers...
A Wise Man once said to me; "The only reliable way to unlock an iPhone is to use iCloud, since it ain't end-to-end encrypted".
Don't reply those messages, bruh.
Re: My Iphone 12 Got Stolen by truthCoder: 1:21pm On Nov 04, 2022
IvoryGold:

Ignore.

Don’t verify anything

Keep tracking
Re: My Iphone 12 Got Stolen by fineboynl(m): 11:14am On Nov 05, 2022
How did they even acces the phone? I like the fact iPhone removed the physical sim feature.

Were they able to use ur face id or passcode to open it?

I don’t get it because if it’s iPhone thar phone is useless.
Re: My Iphone 12 Got Stolen by fineboynl(m): 11:14am On Nov 05, 2022
IvoryGold:

can we see the messages?

(1) (Reply)

Twitter Goodybag From MTN / Bbm For Android Finally Leaked-download Now / Wonderful Pic Of Tecno Smartphone Evolution In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.