Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,999 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

I Wrote My Most Difficult C++ Programme Yet,barely 2 weeks since I started(pics) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Wrote My Most Difficult C++ Programme Yet,barely 2 weeks since I started(pics) (602 Views)

I Wrote My First JS Code / Wrote My First JS Code On VS Code.... Lol (pics) / Wrote My First HTML Page. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Wrote My Most Difficult C++ Programme Yet,barely 2 weeks since I started(pics) by TastyFriedPussy: 1:22pm On Nov 03, 2022
Mehh I'm just so happy right now grin only God knows how happy I am now grin
This programme took me nearly five hours to get it working perfectly after so many trials and compiler errors grin
I just decided to take a day off of learning, to practice some of what what I've been learning

code break down
It's basically a programme that converts any interger a user inputs, into it's hexadecimal or octa-decimal form.
At the start of the programme, you're asked to select between two options, options 1(which is to convert your input to its hex form) or option 2(which is to convert you input to its octal form). If you you select an option that's no included, it outputs a message saying the option you picked is not among the listed options, else, it converts your input to your desired form. That was the most difficult part of the programme for me grin, took me 4 hours to figure that out and mind you, the tutorial I'm currently following, we've not even reached the if else topic yet but curiosity no just wan let me be grin and oweing to the fact that I had been learning JavaScript with my phone and have basic understanding of if-else before I got a laptop, I felt I had what it took to write such a programme grin

Re: I Wrote My Most Difficult C++ Programme Yet,barely 2 weeks since I started(pics) by Ireportlive: 1:36pm On Nov 03, 2022
wink

Nice one bro

#include <iostream.h>
#include <math.h>

Void main()
{
Int I;
Float hex;
Float Oct;
cout << ("enter any numder to get it hexadecimal and octadecimal"wink;

Let me refresh my memory
Re: I Wrote My Most Difficult C++ Programme Yet,barely 2 weeks since I started(pics) by Snitch24(m): 1:52pm On Nov 03, 2022
omoh
how una take dey sabi this thing
ordinary html my head still dey pain me cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: I Wrote My Most Difficult C++ Programme Yet,barely 2 weeks since I started(pics) by Barims(m): 2:05pm On Nov 03, 2022
Dear OP, please where can I learn this programme stuff, and what are the tools needed in learning programme and how much does training cost?

1 Like

Re: I Wrote My Most Difficult C++ Programme Yet,barely 2 weeks since I started(pics) by airsaylongcome: 3:01pm On Nov 03, 2022
@OP,
Nice start. I advice you start using generally accepted standards for variable naming. Those hyphens look one kind within those variable names. I'd go with camel casing like colWidth or preferably columnWidth. Encouraging start and courageous choice of language. C++ can get "rough" o. Brave it and it can be very rewarding

Meanwhile, is this how C++ declares and assigns variables now? Curly braces? Used to be
int a=4;

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wrote My Most Difficult C++ Programme Yet,barely 2 weeks since I started(pics) by TastyFriedPussy: 4:20pm On Nov 03, 2022
airsaylongcome:
@OP,
Nice start. I advice you start using generally accepted standards for variable naming. Those hyphens look one kind within those variable names. I'd go with camel casing like colWidth or preferably columnWidth. Encouraging start and courageous choice of language. C++ can get "rough" o. Brave it and it can be very rewarding

Meanwhile, is this how C++ declares and assigns variables now? Curly braces? Used to be
int a=4;

you can initialise with {},(), or =.
Re: I Wrote My Most Difficult C++ Programme Yet,barely 2 weeks since I started(pics) by TastyFriedPussy: 4:21pm On Nov 03, 2022
airsaylongcome:
@OP,

int a=4;

you can declare or assign with {},(), or =.
Re: I Wrote My Most Difficult C++ Programme Yet,barely 2 weeks since I started(pics) by qtguru(m): 6:20pm On Nov 03, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
you can declare or assign with {},(), or =.

Only to avoid narrowing, you are using int, so it's pointless to use them unless you were passing float, but it's strange to see anyone use it with unsigned int

Did the compiler give any warning about it ?

2 Likes

Re: I Wrote My Most Difficult C++ Programme Yet,barely 2 weeks since I started(pics) by TastyFriedPussy: 6:22pm On Nov 03, 2022
qtguru:

Only to avoid narrowing, you are using int, so it's pointless to use them unless you were passing float, but it's strange to see anyone use it with unsigned int

Did the compiler give any warning about it ?
not at all
Re: I Wrote My Most Difficult C++ Programme Yet,barely 2 weeks since I started(pics) by qtguru(m): 6:23pm On Nov 03, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
not at all
interesting, keep up the good work though
Re: I Wrote My Most Difficult C++ Programme Yet,barely 2 weeks since I started(pics) by TastyFriedPussy: 6:24pm On Nov 03, 2022
qtguru:
interesting, keep up the good work though
Thanks.
Re: I Wrote My Most Difficult C++ Programme Yet,barely 2 weeks since I started(pics) by Newusername(m): 7:09pm On Nov 03, 2022
My guy my guy. I don dey observe you from a distance with the way you dey drop the gbas gbos. Congrat on this and keep up the good work. If you no mind we fit connect?

(1) (Reply)

Watch Free Linux Tutorials Here And Join Chatroom To Ask Questions / How Do I Download Pdf To Word Converter / Your Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.