Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,020 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season (1330 Views)

Erling Haaland, Borussia Dortmund Squad Arrive In Manchester (Photos) / Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions / Christiano Ronaldo Has More Goal Ratio Than Lionel Messi. FACTS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season by OJEEMAH(m): 9:35am On Nov 04, 2022
Kingcalls:

Chelsea just won the champions league last year .... something psg can't do and City havnt done grin
1EPL goal against chelsea in 9years………Seriously?

Re: Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season by OJEEMAH(m): 9:36am On Nov 04, 2022
Kingcalls:

I said from open play... sevilla is not a big team , against psg one , away was a penalty , home was a goal, against juve was a penalty, Leipzig lille lyon , Chile Ecuador are not big teams ... I repeat , Benfica is not a big team... and this proves me right that Messi only scores minors
But Atalanta, young boys and Villarreal na big team?
Re: Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season by OJEEMAH(m): 9:38am On Nov 04, 2022
ThierryJay:

OJ, Kingcalls is just being clever by half. He knows Benfica is a strong team which is why he himself predicted at the start of the season that Messi was not going to score against them. Now when Messi scored Benfica, he reverted to his unstable ways to try to downgrade Benfica. Unfortunately for him the fact is that Benfica is a really strong team that PSG could not even beat in addition to beating Juve home and away.

Messi even scored against Atletico Madrid in the Supercup in 2020 and scored Uruguay in a 3-0 qualifiers win in 2021.
He’s never consistent with his argument.

The bolded, any team Messi scored will no longer be regarded as big team.

Sevilla is not a big team but Tottenham and Arsenal na big team for him eyes even though Sevilla has achieved more in recent years.
Re: Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season by OJEEMAH(m): 9:44am On Nov 04, 2022
Joebayo217:
you still don't understand what he said u listed the team Messi score against are they better than PSG and Man c apart from those team I listed all other team there are trash
this argument did not start here. You may not fully understand where he’s coming from but I do.
Re: Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season by ThierryJay: 9:56am On Nov 04, 2022
Kingcalls:

Since when did benfica become a strong team?? U guys are doing everything possible to sell messi to the mumus just like the Agbado urchins are doing... look at how u guys are struggling to look for a big team messi has scored in the last 2 yrs grin grin grin

Sell Messi to who? After how many decades of being the best? Guy sincerely you are a comic relief grin

Ermm, lest I forget pls give us Europa updates on Pendu as those kind of signals no dey reach up here grin
Re: Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season by Kingcalls: 9:58am On Nov 04, 2022
ThierryJay:

Sell Messi to who? After how many decades of being the best? Guy sincerely you are a comic relief grin grin grin

Ermm, lest I forget pls give us Europa updates on Pendu as those kind of signals no dey reach up here grin

Ronaldo plating Europa at 38 is no big deal...lets see whr Messi will be playing at 38...

Messi is not and can never be as good as Ronaldo... know this and know peace
Re: Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season by ThierryJay: 9:59am On Nov 04, 2022
OJEEMAH:
He’s never consistent with his argument.

The bolded, any team Messi scored will no longer be regarded as big team.

Sevilla is not a big team but Tottenham and Arsenal na big team for him eyes even though Sevilla has achieved more in recent years.

Kingcalls may hate to admit it, but he has something in common with Messi: Excellent dribbling.....online grin
Re: Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season by Kingcalls: 10:01am On Nov 04, 2022
OJEEMAH:
1EPL goal against chelsea in 9years………Seriously?

Are u not dumb ?? Y do u minions keep on showing dullness... u say one goal against Chelsea in 9 yrs ...how dumb can u and the person that created that trash be ... just like saying messi has scored Lille once in 9yrs... did Ronaldo play in the EPL in the past 9yrs ?? Or did he ever meet Chelsea in the champions league while playing for Madrid or Juve?? grin grin grin chai ...no wonder they think Messi is better grin grin
Re: Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season by Kingcalls: 10:11am On Nov 04, 2022
OJEEMAH:
But Atalanta, young boys and Villarreal?

Atalanta, villareal are on same level with Benfica ...no Ronaldo fan labelled those teams big team...of which I know u minions will definitely do if it was Messi...
Re: Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season by OJEEMAH(m): 10:34am On Nov 04, 2022
Kingcalls:

Atalanta, villareal are on same level with Benfica ...no Ronaldo fan labelled those teams big team...of which I know u minions will definitely do if it was Messi...
Not surprised…….. na the same you still talk say spurs is bigger than Sevilla.

As una dey hail for being the top scorer in International football, una consider say most of him goals na against minors like Estonia, Luxembourg, Faroe Islands, Lithuania, Gibraltar & Malta?

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season by OJEEMAH(m): 10:46am On Nov 04, 2022
Kingcalls:

Are u not dumb ?? Y do u minions keep on showing dullness... u say one goal against Chelsea in 9 yrs ...how dumb can u and the person that created that trash be ... just like saying messi has scored Lille once in 9yrs... did Ronaldo play in the EPL in the past 9yrs ?? Or did he ever meet Chelsea in the champions league while playing for Madrid or Juve?? grin grin grin chai ...no wonder they think Messi is better grin grin
where’s the insult coming from?

Did I insult you?

I thought by now, you should know your boundaries……be civil for once

Meanwhile, don’t switch…..na you mention Ronaldo goal against Chelsea not me.

Was his goal against Chelsea last season in UCL? No

He scored his first goal against Chelsea after 9seasons in EPL…..you turn am to insults as usual.

Ronaldo played 7seasons in his first stint and he faced Chelsea throughout. This is his second stint and he’s got 1 EPL goal and 2goals in over 20apps.

Stop contradicting yourself!

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season by OJEEMAH(m): 10:46am On Nov 04, 2022
ThierryJay:

Kingcalls may hate to admit it, but he has something in common with Messi: Excellent dribbling.....online grin
grin grin grin
Re: Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season by ThierryJay: 10:52am On Nov 04, 2022
Kingcalls:

Ronaldo plating Europa at 38 is no big deal...lets see whr Messi will be playing at 38...

Messi is not and can never be as good as Ronaldo... know this and know peace

Lol, I have stopped arguing this Messi is better than Ronaldo shit, cos it's below Messi's GOAT grade and a waste of time. Na wetin them dey use rate people's IQ now grin

Just to correct this notion about Ronaldo performing at 37 bla bla bla and I will address this once and for all. Ronaldo's break out season as a world class player was 2006/2007 which is exactly the same time Messi had his breakout season. Both were nominated for best player award for the first time on the basis of that season.

For the smart ones, what the above means is that both Ronaldo and Messi commenced their world class greatness from the 2006/07 season meaning they have spent the same amount of time at the very top till now. Just as you are not criticizing Ronaldo for being average from 2002/03 to 2005/06 season, you cannot also criticize Messi for whatever he doesn't do between 35 - 37 years old. It is a fallacy that Ronaldo has had more longevity at the top than Messi as 4 of his early years were spent in mediocrity. Like I said, if you are smart, you'd come to the obvious conclusion that both Messi and Ronaldo have an exactly comparable parallel career time-wise. If Messi then goes on to perform at top level till 37/38 while Ronaldo plunges down more into obscurity going forward, then Messi would have outlasted Ronaldo at the top level. This is the fact.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season by lhordspy: 12:49pm On Nov 04, 2022
Ehh, obembet is celebrating messi.

Tosin, is this you?
Abi person use your phone?

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season by lhordspy: 12:51pm On Nov 04, 2022

Tosin, is this you?

Modified:
Now i see. A new Strategy to spread your hate the more.

Re: Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season by obembet(f): 1:07pm On Nov 04, 2022
lhordspy:

Tosin, is this you?

God bless you o
Re: Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season by Kingcalls: 1:19pm On Nov 04, 2022
OJEEMAH:
Not surprised…….. na the same you still talk say spurs is bigger than Sevilla.

As una dey hail for being the top scorer in International football, una consider say most of him goals na against minors like Estonia, Luxembourg, Faroe Islands, Lithuania, Gibraltar & Malta?

At least those teams were not played against during friendlies.... 90% of Ronaldo’s International goals came in friendlies.... while the short fraud has 60% of his goals coming from friendlies..... he has now ran to select minors in friendlies to play ...Honduras, Estonia, Jamaica grin grin grin grin stat padding internationally and also stat padding for club , reason he ran to ligue1 grin grin... Porto and Benfica finished top of the CL group, while sporting narrowly missed out...thats to show u that ur Ligue 1 is crap ...Psg cudnt even beat benfica home and away ...and they're first in ligue 1 alias farmers league grin grin... if that little fraud went thru the same road Ronaldo has passed , he will not even score upto 300 goals

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season by Kingcalls: 1:21pm On Nov 04, 2022
OJEEMAH:
where’s the insult coming from?

Did I insult you?

I thought by now, you should know your boundaries……be civil for once

Meanwhile, don’t switch…..na you mention Ronaldo goal against Chelsea not me.

Was his goal against Chelsea last season in UCL? No

He scored his first goal against Chelsea after 9seasons in EPL…..you turn am to insults as usual.

Ronaldo played 7seasons in his first stint and he faced Chelsea throughout. This is his second stint and he’s got 1 EPL goal and 2goals in over 20apps.

Stop contradicting yourself!

Ask urself when did he turn to a goal machine...ur fraud messi that directly played them over 10 times could only get his first goal against them in his 11th attempt grin grin
Re: Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season by Kingcalls: 1:23pm On Nov 04, 2022
ThierryJay:

Lol, I have stopped arguing this Messi is better than Ronaldo shit, cos it's below Messi's GOAT grade and a waste of time. Na wetin them dey use rate people's IQ now grin

Just to correct this notion about Ronaldo performing at 37 bla bla bla and I will address this once and for all. Ronaldo's break out season as a world class player was 2006/2007 which is exactly the same time Messi had his breakout season. Both were nominated for best player award for the first time on the basis of that season.

For the smart ones, what the above means is that both Ronaldo and Messi commenced their world class greatness from the 2006/07 season meaning they have spent the same amount of time at the very top till now. Just as you are not criticizing Ronaldo for being average from 2002/03 to 2005/06 season, you cannot also criticize Messi for whatever he doesn't do between 35 - 37 years old. It is a fallacy that Ronaldo has had more longevity at the top than Messi as 4 of his early years were spent in mediocrity. Like I said, if you are smart, you'd come to the obvious conclusion that both Messi and Ronaldo have an exactly comparable parallel career time-wise. If Messi then goes on to perform at top level till 37/38 while Ronaldo plunges down more into obscurity going forward, then Messi would have outlasted Ronaldo at the top level. This is the fact.

U must be a kid to think Ronaldo's break thru season was 06/07... his break thru was 05/06 .... Madrid were ready to break the transfer record after Germany 06 to sign him but utd refused
Re: Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season by OJEEMAH(m): 2:16pm On Nov 04, 2022
Kingcalls:

Ask urself when did he turn to a goal machine...
goal machine really?

When you attacked Messi for his poor output last season, did you consider the fact that he was operated from flank through out the season?
ur fraud messi that directly played them over 10 times could only get his first goal against them in his 11th attempt grin grin
Messi vs Chelsea 2005/2006, 2008/2009, 2011/2012 & 2017/2018

Where did you get your fake stats that Messi played Chelsea 11times?

As you can see, In 8 attempts against Chelsea, he scored 3goals in his 7-8th attempts.

Meanwhile, it took Ronaldo almost 20 attempts to score his first Premier League goal angaisn Chelsea despite playing them for 9 seasons.

Lying to suit your narrative will not erase facts!!
Re: Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season by Kingcalls: 2:21pm On Nov 04, 2022
OJEEMAH:
goal machine really?

When you attacked Messi for his poor output last season, did you consider the fact that he was operated from flank through out the season? Messi vs Chelsea 2005/2006, 2008/2009, 2011/2012 & 2017/2018

Where did you get your fake stats that Messi played Chelsea 11times?

As you can see, In 8 attempts against Chelsea, he scored 3goals in his 7-8th attempts.

Meanwhile, it took Ronaldo almost 20 attempts to score his first Premier League goal angaisn Chelsea despite playing them for 9 seasons.

Lying to suit your narrative will not erase facts!!

So u don't know messi played Chelsea in 06/07 in the group stage ??

20 attempts u say grin grin grin grin ...but he still remains the highest goal scorer in history of football .... Ronaldo still came to Spain and schooled the idiot how to score loads of goals
Re: Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season by OJEEMAH(m): 2:34pm On Nov 04, 2022
Kingcalls:

At least those teams were not played against during friendlies.... 90% of Ronaldo’s International goals came in friendlies.... while the short fraud has 60% of his goals coming from friendlies..... he has now ran to select minors in friendlies to play ...Honduras, Estonia, Jamaica grin grin grin grin stat padding internationally and also stat padding for club , reason he ran to ligue1 grin grin... Porto and Benfica finished top of the CL group, while sporting narrowly missed out...thats to show u that ur Ligue 1 is crap ...Psg cudnt even beat benfica home and away ...and they're first in ligue 1 alias farmers league grin grin... if that little fraud went thru the same road Ronaldo has passed , he will not even score upto 300 goals
No difference between playing Estonia, Faroe Island, Luxembourg, Malta, Gibraltar, Lithuania and others in friendlies and qualifiers because nothing will change the outcome.

Porto knocked Juventus out of UCL. Benfica dealt with Juventus in the group stages. Does it make their league better than Seria A?

Should we now say Portuguese league is better than Spanish league because Real Madrid is the only Spanish team that qualified for the knock out stages?

PSG will certainly qualify from their group next season but you can’t say the same for Porto and Benfica.

Consistency is key!
Re: Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season by OJEEMAH(m): 2:47pm On Nov 04, 2022
Kingcalls:

So u don't know messi played Chelsea in 06/07 in the group stage ??

20 attempts u say grin grin grin grin ...but he still remains the highest goal scorer in history of football .... Ronaldo still came to Spain and schooled the idiot how to score loads of goals
I only counted the knockout games cos I forgot they were in the same group….. anyways, still didn’t play upto 11games against Chelsea.

Winning 2 la liga in 9years is not schooling.
Winning Pinchichi twice in 9years is not schooling.
Losing more games to Messi led Barcelona is not schooling.
Scoring less goals to Messi in Classico is not schooling.

The only way to deceive his fans is to tell them about new challenge.

He ran because he was schooled in Classico games, Pinchichi, la liga and Classico goals.
Re: Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season by Kingcalls: 2:53pm On Nov 04, 2022
OJEEMAH:
No difference between playing Estonia, Faroe Island, Luxembourg, Malta, Gibraltar, Lithuania and others in friendlies and qualifiers because nothing will change the outcome.

Porto knocked Juventus out of UCL. Benfica dealt with Juventus in the group stages. Does it make their league better than Seria A?

Should we now say Portuguese league is better than Spanish league because Real Madrid is the only Spanish team that qualified for the knock out stages?

PSG will certainly qualify from their group next season but you can’t say the same for Porto and Benfica.

Consistency is key!

There's a huge difference between friendlies and competitive games....one has something at stake the other is nothing more than Saturday morning street soccer.... one has the competition pair the teams, the other has individuals looking for stat pads .... Portugal will not start playing Eritrea, Cambodia, Bolivia to stat pad for Ronaldo
Re: Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season by ThierryJay: 3:21pm On Nov 04, 2022
Kingcalls:

U must be a kid to think Ronaldo's break thru season was 06/07... his break thru was 05/06 .... Madrid were ready to break the transfer record after Germany 06 to sign him but utd refused

You just throw words around unintelligently and ignore facts.

In 05/06, Ronaldo scored only 12 goals in the entire season with Rooney, Nistelrooy and Saha well ahead of him in the total scoring charts. He was not even Man United's top 3 best player let alone in the EPL. That season, Man Utd did not even qualify from the UCL Group stage and came embarrassingly last in the Group. How could you then say that was his break out season when he had little individual impact just because Madrid wanted to sign him?

FYI Man City splashed 100million pounds on Jack Grealish, yet till now, he has not had a break-out season where he'd be considered among the world's hottest footballing properties. Comprehension hard for you o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season by Peacecore: 6:35pm On Nov 04, 2022
OJEEMAH:
Before you drop more lies, check the screenshots below.

Abeg, explain how Mbappe with 5assists this season take dey help Messi wey dey on 14assists?

Obembet, talking down on Messi’s efforts and contributions will not distract us from Ronaldo’s abysmal performance so far.

Ronaldo’s performance this season has really exposed your hypocrisy.

Predators know when to attack their preys. I hope you understand.

You sure say you know the meaning of “woefully.”

Obembet, you toooo dey lie abeg.

How Messi take play 38matches for PSG last season?

Someone that didn’t start the season and sustained injuries in between.

I doubt if Messi played upto 30 games and his total contribution was 11goals, 14assists……25goal contributions.

Messi’s stats shows he’s indispensable whether him score or not cos if he doesn’t score, he will revert to his playmaking mode and also assist his teammates.

We cannot say the same for the Ronaldo you love to praise and that’s why Ten Hag dey bench am cos its hard to notice his presence if he doesn’t score.

Stop misleading people with your fake stats and agenda abeg

No be we keep Ronaldo for bench

We no tell am to leave stadium before final whistle.

We no tell am to smash that small boy phone

Obembet don infect da one with hatred against Messi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season by paulolee(m): 1:48am On Nov 05, 2022
Kingcalls:

Banging goals against Maccabi Halifax wey collect six from Benfica .... as I told u b4 the CL started , he will not score juve or benfica ...he only scores minors ...now watch them get kicked out in round of 16 as dem finish 2nd again
grin grin
Ur goat play smaller Europa
Who e score??
Jus 1 penalty against club wey Kano pillers go load
Hypocrite

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season by Kingcalls: 11:35am On Nov 05, 2022
paulolee:

Ur goat play smaller Europa
Who e score??
Jus 1 penalty against club wey Kano pillers go load
Hypocrite

Always displaying hate and stupidity.... ligue1 is dead , so as ur fraudonel pessi... scores only minors for the past 2 yrs grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why is the Nigerian F.A. Cup No More Glamorous? / Nigeria fallout of world cup campaign who 2 blaim? / Census For All Fans-one Team One Vote!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.