Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Gerard Pique Announces Retirement From Football - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gerard Pique Announces Retirement From Football (27612 Views)

Odemwingie announces retirement from football / Gerard Pique Goes To Training With His N4M Electric Bike B'cos Of Driving Ban / Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gerard Pique Announces Retirement From Football by phemmyfour: 11:01am On Nov 04, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Ferguson knew he was good. That is why he always preferred him to use to train Cristiano Ronaldo. That was why in the Champions League final the year Pique left, he was sure he would markout CR7 and he did just that.
You still type the same gibberish

You must be slow
Re: Gerard Pique Announces Retirement From Football by phemmyfour: 11:05am On Nov 04, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Pique not playing was not because he was not good. He was a brilliant talent. Ferguson was actually biased and preferred playing a less talented Johnny Evans based on preference.

The same Pique who was not playing for Manchester United regularly went to the U20 World Cup and stood out. He left Manchester United and walked into the starting line up of one of the best club sides in the history of football. That is Barcelona under Guardiola. Yet, this guy could not see games.

It was not that Pique was not good. It was that Ferguson was just a partial person. Pique is one of the many reasons I stopped supporting Manchester United after so many years a devoted fan. Pique's story is one I followed closely and watched lots of his games at the time he was in Manchester United.
He wasn't good at that time . Players develops with time e g Salah and De bruyne when they were in Chelsea were average. In fact Salah didn't hit his prime until he arrived Liverpool. Putting EPL standard and U20 competition side by side is a slap on the league. Mikel was outstanding at U20 yet it too him time to settle down at EPL.
Re: Gerard Pique Announces Retirement From Football by princeemmma(m): 11:29am On Nov 04, 2022
ZUBY77:

I could fence your entire hometown without knowing i removed 1kobo.

And so is Piuqe too

who cares
Re: Gerard Pique Announces Retirement From Football by Godada(m): 12:59pm On Nov 04, 2022
wagzy37:

Oga, no one is knocking his achievements. He over-stretched it. You leave when the ovation is loudest. He’s leaving now when the crowd has long left the building. He had no business being in that team beyond 2020.

Also it seems like he’s doing this to spite Xavi for not counting on him. You started the season and you’re leaving when you clearly know that there’s a crisis at the Barca’s backline now. You know you’re the only option at the defence now but you couldn’t wait till January to retire? Yeah, right… angry

He has no business beyond 2020? Are you his coach, his physio, his trainer, his nutritionist or what exactly are you to choose for him when to leave the game or were you the one who got him into the game 25 years ago? How old were you twenty five years ago when he decided to learn his craft and ply it as a professional for you to even have a say on his career?

After rumbling that he’s leaving now when the crowd has long left the building, the crowd who left with his ovation, you now suddenly realized that Pique who had no business with been in this team beyond 2020 is the now only option at defense. How is that even possible?
Re: Gerard Pique Announces Retirement From Football by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:14pm On Nov 04, 2022
phemmyfour:
He wasn't good at that time . Players develops with time e g Salah and De bruyne when they were in Chelsea were average. In fact Salah didn't hit his prime until he arrived Liverpool. Putting EPL standard and U20 competition side by side is a slap on the league. Mikel was outstanding at U20 yet it too him time to settle down at EPL.

What you don't know is that a lot of the U20 players at that time were performing for big clubs. It is all about opportunity. Pique was good and was brilliant against Roma. Played the kind of football Evans will never play in his life.

Pique was good. We the Manchester United fans at that time knew he was good. Ferguson chose not to play him for preferential reasons.

If he was so poor, how did he develop in less than a month playing for Guardiola. You don't go from not being able to keep John Evans on the bench to playing for the best side in club football on less than two months.

Haba. Check it. As I said, this is something I followed well.
Re: Gerard Pique Announces Retirement From Football by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:16pm On Nov 04, 2022
phemmyfour:
You still type the same gibberish

You must be slow

Abusing me will not add a point in your favor. Look for a better abuse. However, Pique was less bench material for Manchester United and the next season was outclassing all the Manchester United defenders in the Champions League final.

Please Don't Whine Me.
Re: Gerard Pique Announces Retirement From Football by wagzy37: 3:41pm On Nov 04, 2022
Godada:

He has no business beyond 2020? Are you his coach, his physio, his trainer, his nutritionist or what exactly are you to choose for him when to leave the game or were you the one who got him into the game 25 years ago? How old were you twenty five years ago when he decided to learn his craft and ply it as a professional for you to even have a say on his career?

After rumbling that he’s leaving now when the crowd has long left the building, the crowd who left with his ovation, you now suddenly realized that Pique who had no business with been in this team beyond 2020 is the now only option at defense. How is that even possible?

What are you on about? Do I have to be his physio or trainer to see that he can’t cope any longer with modern day football? Do you even watch football? What does that have to do with my age? As a professional, If you cannot add value any longer, what are you still doing there? You’ve made the impact, you’ve made the money. He’s on astronomical wages in a club (he clearly loves) that’s battling challenges financially and he kept deferring his wages - to act like he’s helping the club. Xavi and Iniesta - even though they had some left in the tank, decided to make way for others.

Oga, he’s the 5th defensive choose at Barca. No one counted on him. He’s the only option because option 1 to 4 are injured. Now you want to leave.
Salute to him for all he’s done but it was a little overdue. He should have been out to LA Galaxy with Liverpool’s defeat. That was almost 5 years ago.
Re: Gerard Pique Announces Retirement From Football by Godada(m): 8:02pm On Nov 04, 2022
wagzy37:

What are you on about? Do I have to be his physio or trainer to see that he can’t cope any longer with modern day football? Do you even watch football? What does that have to do with my age? As a professional, If you cannot add value any longer, what are you still doing there? You’ve made the impact, you’ve made the money. He’s on astronomical wages in a club (he clearly loves) that’s battling challenges financially and he kept deferring his wages - to act like he’s helping the club. Xavi and Iniesta - even though they had some left in the tank, decided to make way for others.

Oga, he’s the 5th defensive choose at Barca. No one counted on him. He’s the only option because option 1 to 4 are injured. Now you want to leave.
Salute to him for all he’s done but it was a little overdue. He should have been out to LA Galaxy with Liverpool’s defeat. That was almost 5 years ago.

You still don't get it, do you?

It's his life.

He runs it how he wants.

Do have a nice day, dude.

Have a great weekend.
Re: Gerard Pique Announces Retirement From Football by Drsnives(m): 8:49am On Nov 05, 2022
KayCee92:

Shut up kid
The joke on you bro
Re: Gerard Pique Announces Retirement From Football by babajero(m): 7:15pm On Nov 05, 2022
dawnomike:
It is long overdue... he has really been very very lucky in his career as a footballer
There nothing like he is lucky, he simply played his part well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc / Hazard & Van Dijk Replace Ronaldo As FIFA 20 Cover Stars / Oguchi Onyewu Celebrates His 38th Birthday Today

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.