Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting (20967 Views)

Half Salary: ASUU Declares One-Day Nationwide Protest Rally / Half-Salary: ASUU Ends NEC Meeting, Keeps Mum On Outcome / IPPIS: Some VCs Collected N58,000 As February Salary – ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by ransomed: 9:09am On Nov 04, 2022
APC led Federal Government is asking for more troubles. Adamu Adamu has accepted failure and apologized why hold people's salaries?
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by clydecarson(m): 9:09am On Nov 04, 2022
voltron14:

At least, I've educated you.

Even if we know education is not your thing.

Bonobo.

Shey you dey whine me nii,where I've reached your father haven't even perceived it talkless of your entire generation......I don't even want to exchange words with a dull head like Tinubu go and find something else to do boy
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by Switruth: 9:10am On Nov 04, 2022
voltron14:
Mumu lecturers.

You want to get full month payment for half month work?
your educational background is half baked.
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by membranus: 9:10am On Nov 04, 2022
Ebubu:
did they work for one full month? why the fuss?
if they had called off the strike since April FG was begging them, they would have received full complete 6months salary by now

retards

na them do themselves

if they like make them go another strike, na 1 year salary they go lose and court will validate it.

So says a Carton boy at Alaba Rago, that has never seen the four walls of a university classroom, and therefore does not know the value of a standard education.

It is therefore useless arguing with an illiterate like you.

2 Likes

Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by Ebubu: 9:13am On Nov 04, 2022
membranus:

So says a Carton boy at Alaba Rago, that has never seen the four walls of a university classroom, and therefore does not know the value of a standard education.

It is therefore useless arguing with an illiterate like you.
no work no pay. why do u want to get paid when u didn’t work.

you must be corrupt.

please return the half salary if u dnt like it. govt needs money

2 Likes

Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by favour32(m): 9:16am On Nov 04, 2022
Dreal1247:
The APC Government appears to be more interested in the elections than the welfare of Nigerians. No sane person will support this government.
Yes o
No NORMAL person will support APC.
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by ObiDatti: 9:16am On Nov 04, 2022
lecturers.

You want to get full month payment for half month work?[/quote]

You're the only person making reference to when the lecturers actually resume back to class.

Making sense
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by Elbinawi: 9:22am On Nov 04, 2022
October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting -

The genocidal Buhari regime paid University Lecturers half salary for the month of October. Some extreme stupidity and official rascality can only be found with the Buhari gang of bloodthirsty killers and monumental fraudsters.

The University Lecturers stood their ground for 8 months and the illiterate barbarian #Buhari foolishly think he can publicly humiliate them by paying them half salary. Satan favorite disciple...

#ElbinawiTweets
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by NJV: 9:24am On Nov 04, 2022
Seems this ASUU and govt wahala will never end
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by seguntijan(m): 9:25am On Nov 04, 2022
EXIT NOTES TO MY COLLEAGUES IN UNILAG
(Professor Lai Olurode)

Greetings to the faculty of social sciences forum. I appreciate your kind words on the occasion of my exit from Unilag. Not really a pleasant moment, no smiles as such. When I came on board, and that was over four decades ago, I met a virile system with less visible decay and not so loud lamentations. I might have inadvertently and ignorantly contributed to the tragedy that had befallen the system. This is regretted.
At my exit point, salaries had become severely eroded by hyper inflation, and had become uncertain, rapacious money culture had crept in, governance within town and gown had collapsed, vice chancellors had become audacious and vicious, expert opinions do not matter any longer in government circles. Governance is by voodoo, rituals and commonsense. Guidance by science has diminished in all fronts Teaching has become an ordeal. The lesson of the past eight months or so is, 'forget about the idea of universities, their residents and research work. The poor needn't trespass on university campuses. Children of the rich and the powerful have private and foreign universities preserved for them. Society can function without the irritation and nuisance of campus deviance. What a good riddance'. Paradoxically, a few universities and their residents still display rebellious but, yet encouraging signals in resilience and competitiveness. I salute you all. You made me a better being. But still take time to look through the university windows just in case you need to jump out if nobody cares to put out the fire that government had set on our campuses. I hope I ' m scampering to some safety of a sort. You never can tell.

Prof Lai Olurode
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by voltron14: 9:26am On Nov 04, 2022
[quote author=clydecarson post=118112218][/quote]

See this cobbler.

Faily Faily.
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by Parachoko: 9:27am On Nov 04, 2022
clydecarson:

Your genation is a monkey, slowpoke...all I know is thief and bokoharam leader can't rule this country so get the Bleep offfffff my mention useless urchins
You didn't know ASUU Anambra chapter was on strike for 6 month under Obi, they only cut off the strike after hunger dealt with them and Obi was not ready to listen to their demand.
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by MrBONE2(m): 9:37am On Nov 04, 2022
engrademolad:
Am sorry for the Nigerian students under this APC bloody regime . Tiefunubu wan rule us by fire by force grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Mods, I hope you are all watching this Bwana, grin
This is really painful grin
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 9:39am On Nov 04, 2022
Amuluonyenaego:
They have killed Nigeria kpata kpata
most of the students are still campaigning for APC so forget it
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by Judolisco(m): 9:42am On Nov 04, 2022
voltron14:
Mumu lecturers.

half payment means no hope 4 eight months salary.... Wahala go soon xup
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by AbuAeesha: 9:54am On Nov 04, 2022
even though the FG is not good enough.
but at some point,these lecturer deserve any treatment they get from FG.
why would u decide to go strike to proof a point and still want to get paid?

1 Like

Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by Panda7(m): 9:55am On Nov 04, 2022
ASUU doesn't know they are the one crippling the economy
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by abuja007: 9:59am On Nov 04, 2022
This government of APC and Buhari are the worst and will be the worst. Habaaa . ASUU went on strike this government ignored them and handled the strike in a very poor way.. now paying them half salaries!!! Toying with the future of our youths and trying to destroy the University education system.
Is Nigeria broke? If yes, should the lecturers be the one to be treated like this?
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by AyobamiIsaac12: 10:03am On Nov 04, 2022
Seems the return of ASUU strike is imminent.
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:13am On Nov 04, 2022
Any University student that votes for APC is mad
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by Fearyourcreator: 10:14am On Nov 04, 2022
voltron14:
Mumu lecturers.

Why should they be paid doing nothing ... See people here supporting them ... Civil servants mostly collect free money ooo
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by Fearyourcreator: 10:16am On Nov 04, 2022
Dchampion65:
Let the court determine this ASUU/government palaver once and for all.

For Buhari, no work, no pay.
Yes no work no pay ooo
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by Fearyourcreator: 10:17am On Nov 04, 2022
Ebubu:
did they work for one full month? why the fuss?
if they had called off the strike since April FG was begging them, they would have received full complete 6months salary by now

retards

na them do themselves

if they like make them go another strike, na 1 year salary they go lose and court will validate it.
Any student thinking ASU cares about them na mumu... Wetin those lecturers dey do before too
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by GeneralBuhari: 10:17am On Nov 04, 2022
alimiadedayo1:

which nonsense? you are deceiving yourself government are playing with the future of the students.. it is the students that will pay the price

Playing with whose future?

ASUU is also part of the problem.

They think it is their right to go on strike any time they want and they even boast that they will still get fully paid after the whole strike.

This government is now getting ready to put an end to all that rubbish.
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by gassbee: 10:19am On Nov 04, 2022
kenny714433:
Guys, did FG clear the backlog 8 months salary of ASUU? Because if it had done, I don't see any reason they should be kicking.
the 8 months strike salary is gone based on no work no pay policy but pmb for just pity them pay full october salary na
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by benjaminlawson(m): 10:19am On Nov 04, 2022
I think igige is doing all these to cause down fall of APC, that is why the minister of education admitted that he failed as the minister of education. To me the minister did not fail, because no one voted for him, it is the president we voted for that failed us and his party as a whole. All genuine citizens of this country should please open our eyes and interrogate those seeking political offices to know their plans, the person that is avoiding public interrogation and scrutiny should not be trusted with power, because one them refused to be scrutinised even when a public challenge was throw at him by a media house.

1 Like

Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by Fearyourcreator: 10:20am On Nov 04, 2022
alimiadedayo1:

your tone shows you are an apc supporter.. their agreement is not hard to fulfill if the government show commitment.. you that you are talking are u always satisfy with what you have.. a responsible government will do the needful before things go out of hand if they value education.. is like a father who didn't take care of his family complaining that his family demands is outrageous..human demands is insatifiable
Lecturers wey dey do nonsense collect money ...
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by Fearyourcreator: 10:22am On Nov 04, 2022
[quote author=clydecarson post=118112218][/quote]
Nawa ooo... And you NL here making noise
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by gassbee: 10:29am On Nov 04, 2022
Praktikals:

If you are a member of ASUU, will you vote for the strike to continue? You think its moimoi not to collect salary for 8 months?
dem stil dey para say dem no pay them their 8 month salary, going for another strike would b suicidal, FG don hold them for blocos

2 Likes

Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by benjaminlawson(m): 10:33am On Nov 04, 2022
AbuAeesha:
even though the FG is not good enough.
but at some point,these lecturer deserve any treatment they get from FG.
why would u decide to go strike to proof a point and still want to get paid?
Why is the same government paying NNPC staffs who have not done anything in the past 10 years, is it not the same government that says no work on pay, paying them? Don't you know that attending meeting called by government and other matters is part of their jobs. Or because they don't want to pay them that is why they allow the strike to linger for 8 months, setting up committee upon committee and rejected all the agreement reached, since they know they won't accept their recommendations why did they set them up in the first instance.

2 Likes

Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by AbuAeesha: 10:43am On Nov 04, 2022
benjaminlawson:

Why is the same government paying NNPC staffs who have not done anything in the past 10 years, is it not the same government that says no work on pay, paying them? Don't you know that attending meeting called by government and other matters is part of their jobs. Or because they don't want to pay them that is why they allow the strike to linger for 8 months, setting up committee upon committee and rejected all the agreement reached, since they know they won't accept their recommendations why did they set them up in the first instance.
can't compare NNPC and ASUU staff here.

NNPC staff were employed by the FG to work,and the FG were unable to sustain the work hence,
even in private it happens...a company could be out of project for several months but they won't relief the staff but continue to pay them,because they believe the job will come back and they will continue to do what they are employed to do.its a kind gesture,though not all sector can afford it.
bt ASUU here deliberately to go on strike because the FG didn't honour agreement made by past administration over a decade ago.some of these lecturers do have class 2-3 times a week.but they compare themselves with staff from other sectors...
and still want to get paid when they didn't work.
i am not a supporter of this administration but i sincerely support this move by FG.
thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Lesson Note And Lesson Plan? / What Is Intelligence Quotient (IQ) And How Is It Measured? / Sexual Harassment: Victim’s Result Still Withheld By OAU After Lecturer’s Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.