Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,142 members, 7,867,322 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:52 PM

Family Of Champions - Pastor Anita" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Family Of Champions - Pastor Anita" (521 Views)

Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Debuts New Look (Photo) / Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers / (pastor Anita Oyakhilome “Birthday Celebration” or Goddess Worship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Family Of Champions - Pastor Anita" by Joagbaje(m): 11:59am On Aug 22, 2011
. . . For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, (Ephesians 3:14-15).

Every Christian belongs in God’s family; and it’s a family of Champions, for we’re champions from Zion. The eleventh chapter of the book of Hebrews gives us an incisive chronicle of the acts of faith by some of the members of our family. These great men of old became champions in life, accomplished phenomenal victories by faith.

Their faith serves as an example for us today, and their deeds were written for our inspiration and edification; letting us know we can do the same. Let’s for instance consider the attitude of one of these great champions from our family – Caleb. He was so full of faith that at age eighty-five, when he ought to have retired from active service, he said to Joshua,

“Remember forty years ago, God made a promise through Moses to give me Hebron. Give me Hebron now and I will drive out the giants” (Joshua 14:10-12)

The fifteenth chapter of the book of Joshua tells us how he drove out the giants from Hebron without requesting help from the army of Israel. All Caleb needed was the assurance that God was with him. That’s the mentality we ought to have always, because we are born into this great family of faith-heroes.

The Bible admonishes us to be

“followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises” (Hebrews 6:12).

This refers to those who, through faith, faced and overcame circumstances. They transcended the world of their time and subdued it. Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, the prophets of old, the Lord Jesus Christ and the apostles – these are champions from our Kingdom; they’ve all set for us examples of faith to emulate.

Confession
I thank you Father for the great things you’ll accomplish through me today, because my faith is strong and unwavering. I have overcome the systems of this world; therefore I refuse to be bound by the limitations that exist in the world. My life is upward and forward because I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. Glory to God!

Further Study
Hebrews 11:8
By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

Hebrews 11:7
By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

(1) (Reply)

Fear Not, Trust In God / The World Doesn't Have Room For Small People Including Christians / No Subsidy Removal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.