Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,058 members, 7,814,642 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

What Should I Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Should I Do? (894 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do? by Skillsmaster(m): 12:49pm On Nov 04, 2022
Please ignore any grammatical and typographical error.

I am planning on getting married to my fiancee. We have done our introduction. We were s to go to her village for the payment of the bride price to the father. Though her mother is in Abuja here. The mother later changed her mind that we shouldn't travel to the village due to spiritual matter. But I told my fiancee that the bride price must get to the father.
She suggested that we do a court wedding and later church wedding.

Please house, is it possible to do a court wedding before paying the bride price first and also before collecting the list from the bride's family?
In addition, how much do court in Abuja collect for the court wedding?
Re: What Should I Do? by Candidlady: 12:50pm On Nov 04, 2022
lipsrsealed

Her mum telling you not to travel knows what she is saying

Court wedding in abuja should be around 55 thou to 70 thou

Not sure

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do? by Skillsmaster(m): 1:00pm On Nov 04, 2022
Candidlady:
lipsrsealed

Her mum telling you not to travel knows what she is saying

Court wedding in abuja should be around 55 thou to 70 thou

Not sure

Thanks for your input. I never knew it will be high like this. I was thinking 40k
Re: What Should I Do? by ahnie: 1:06pm On Nov 04, 2022
The mum is hiding something.pls make sure the brideprice gets to the father.

Pls do not go ahead with the court wedding,you would regret it later in life.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do? by madridguy(m): 1:16pm On Nov 04, 2022
You don meet your fiancee papa at all? Make we know make e no be say the lady and her mama want to carry you handikappu tongue

Skillsmaster:

I am planning on getting married to my fiancee. We have done our introduction. We were s to go to her village for the payment of the bride price to the father. Though her mother is in Abuja here. The mother later changed her mind that we shouldn't travel to the village due to spiritual matter. But I told my fiancee that the bride price must get to the father.

Please house, is it possible to do a court wedding before paying the bride price first and also before collecting the list from the bride's family?
Re: What Should I Do? by Richy4(m): 1:45pm On Nov 04, 2022
You can't count 2 before 1 buddy...

But this one that u are driving into a family with unnecessary spiritual drama... hope your car got headlamp smiley

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? by Carcholce: 3:47pm On Nov 04, 2022
Richy4:
You can't count 2 before 1 buddy...

But this one that u are driving into a family with unnecessary spiritual drama... hope your car got headlamp smiley

Na fence he dey go jam so.

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? by GboyegaD(m): 4:48pm On Nov 04, 2022
If she's suggesting you guys not traveling for spiritual reasons and you believe it, discuss with the father to see if there's any other location he's comfortable with besides the village for the traditional marriage to hold if you want it.
As for Court, you can do that whenever you want it. It is for you and your fiancée to decide on that.

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? by Helpout12345: 4:54pm On Nov 04, 2022
Both the mother and her daughter are hiding something.

Don't proceed with anything court weeding until you have found out what they are hiding.

You might not even know the lady you are marrying yet.

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? by Kobojunkie: 4:58pm On Nov 04, 2022
Candidlady:
lipsrsealed Her mum telling you not to travel knows what she is saying. Court wedding in abuja should be around 55 thou to 70 thou . Not sure
Why does it cost that much to obtain a marriage license in Abuja? Is that the same cost nationwide or just in Abuja? undecided
Re: What Should I Do? by ibechris(m): 5:06pm On Nov 04, 2022
A woman told u about spiritual matters and u are nit taking heed.

After wedding comes marriage/reality.

Don't fall for this tricks...gk and find out more about the spiritual matters.

It is wrong to fight a battle that isn't yours.

Think twice...marriage is not an easy venture, there is something they are not telling u here.
Re: What Should I Do? by meathewstiell5: 6:52pm On Nov 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Why does it cost that much to obtain a marriage license in Abuja? Is that the same cost nationwide or just in Abuja? undecided

i just heard about this that it cost too much to register your marriage because in other counties like asians there is no policy to register your marriage after paying hard cash mostly they get online invitation to register and they do this from home within 10 minits.
Re: What Should I Do? by Kobojunkie: 6:57pm On Nov 04, 2022
meathewstiell5:
i just heard about this that it cost too much to register your marriage because in other counties like asians there is no policy to register your marriage after paying hard cash mostly they get online invitation to register and they do this from home within 10 minits.
I think costs such as these should be made affordable to allow people to register their marriages and enjoy the benefits of having them legalized. undecided
Re: What Should I Do? by cavreek: 9:31pm On Nov 04, 2022
If the father is not involve make sure he's aware of what is happening and carry him along
Do not be deceive by any body, her father should be ur concern
Re: What Should I Do? by culf: 9:55pm On Nov 04, 2022
this one dey surprise me ooo, baba go pay bride price first. Call the man or travel to go see him, nothing go do you.
Re: What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 04, 2022
Only virgins deserve bride price is all I can say. So which is she?
Re: What Should I Do? by frozen70(f): 12:00am On Nov 05, 2022
Skillsmaster:

How well do you know this lady you want to marry

How come at this point they are playing hide and seek with you

Let's assume the father and mother are not in talking terms, does it mean the lady's father should not be aware, partispate in his daughter's marriage, does it mean that you too don't have elders in your family that are supposed to be the one negotiating for your marriage instead of you and you alone

Where are your parents are they aware of this manipulation

I think you need to stop all plans and involve your family properly and do the right thing before this woman and her daughter will turn you to Mumu

Love is not enough to hold marriage,

But character is the major thing

Worst case you invite the father and lodge him in the hotel if they don't want him in their house then you guys can hire a hall

But left for me
You are not even aware of what you are going into

You may be scammed by these women

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do? by Candidlady: 8:07am On Nov 05, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Idont know bout other states

A family friend did hers in lagos last two years for 30 something thou

(1) (Reply)

Is My Dad Right ? / Husband Sleeps In His Mother's Bed / The Law Of Love And The Law Of Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.