Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,789 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide (44800 Views)

Twitter DMs To Have End To End Encryption - Elon Musk / Would Elon Musk Keep Parag Agrawal As Twitter CEO After This Tweet? / BREAKING: HUNDREDS Of Twitter Employees Paid To View "Everything You Post Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by Chetas81(m): 3:32pm On Nov 04, 2022
KunGioKehRah:
How does that affect the price of garri in the market?
IF THE COMMON SENSE BRING GARI TO THE MARKET IT WON'T COST ___ BUT OUR NIGERIAN'S MENTALITY WON'T ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN AS WE NIGERIA CITIZENS LIVE ON SCRIPTURE OF THE RELIGION BOOK WHO NEVER ADD VALUE TO PEOPLE'S LIFE IN NIGERIA
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by KunGioKehRah: 3:35pm On Nov 04, 2022
Alot of bad things are happening on Twitter.
If you say something against their cabal, big tech giants like Google, twitter and so on

Your account will be banned or blocked
The may even ask you to remove your tweets and apologize.

The twitter guys are just getting served with the bowl they used to serve other people

Nothing new in it.
They removed Donald Trump

What goes around comes around. Karma Is a biatch!

5 Likes

Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by unclejb2(m): 3:35pm On Nov 04, 2022
FeliciaOja:
$6 billion will feed the hungry people around the world for 1 year

Man spends $44 billion on buying an App

Humans are very dumb creatures cry
$6b cannot feed the whole world for a year. That's about $0.76 a day.

8 Likes

Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by dydx2020(m): 3:36pm On Nov 04, 2022
Have you gotten jobs or make money on Twitter
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by NEIGHBOUR(m): 3:37pm On Nov 04, 2022
A new Social Media Network Platform will soon be born out of Tweeter with these core staff forming the major employees. This I have seen.
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by heysquare(m): 3:38pm On Nov 04, 2022
Twitter end is too close. Elon Musk just dug Twitter grave
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by PDPGuy: 3:40pm On Nov 04, 2022
FeliciaOja:

I’m telling you!
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by Acidosis(m): 3:41pm On Nov 04, 2022
FeliciaOja:

$6billion will feed the hungry people for how long?

Saw this "dumb" analysis somewhere on Twitter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by victorjoe(m): 3:41pm On Nov 04, 2022
Zenzu01:
Elon Musk is a business man and it's obvious he's doing all these to protect his new business. Remember that Jack plans to open another social network which will want to complete with Twitter, so the best is not to allow Jack still have insiders that can still feed him with info about what's going on in Twitter. The problem is just that these people will become jobless and that's not cool.

PS: this is just my point of view oo, as I believe Elon Musk aims to make profit with Twitter.

What info does Jack not have already?

He built Twitter up from scratch, he can do so again.

If the successfully creates another system, people will come back to him and leave Elon with his $8 per month charges.

But what me I want anybody that can build something that will beat Facebook so we can run ads freely without the fear of being banned.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by LordReed(m): 3:42pm On Nov 04, 2022
Zenzu01:
Elon Musk is a business man and it's obvious he's doing all these to protect his new business. Remember that Jack plans to open another social network which will want to complete with Twitter, so the best is not to allow Jack still have insiders that can still feed him with info about what's going on in Twitter. The problem is just that these people will become jobless and that's not cool.

PS: this is just my point of view oo, as I believe Elon Musk aims to make profit with Twitter.

It's more likely other companies will hire all the talent Musk is letting go. That is a huge amount of combined experience Musk has put in the hands of his competitors. I think Twitter is going to suffer from these layoffs
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by OgaDeyVex: 3:45pm On Nov 04, 2022
No Be Small Thing ooooo
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 04, 2022
What's so special about TWITTER that NAIRALAND does not have?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by Bigkoko: 3:50pm On Nov 04, 2022
I told Twitter staff that suspend our account that a hurricane is coming to sweep them off!
Why the suspension? Because i called Atiku Abubakar a creepy old grandpa better off in the home for the old enjoying his retirement in peace.

Is Atiku not a creepy old grandpa who just made a fool of himself in DC?
He is lucky my visiting visa is not available yet, else na me and am for that DC!

He will never be the president of Nigeria, now or in the future! Osita, Reno, Dino go just finish the remaining dollars he stashed in Dubai!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by Drunkard1: 3:51pm On Nov 04, 2022
Seun how much be nairaland?. I don dey save the money inside saving box. I don save 500 naira for 1week. Seun name ur price. I go change the name to dollarland then sell am to elon musk. Chai i don leak my secret. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by Nosayer: 3:55pm On Nov 04, 2022
EXLOVER:

Felicia's are always dumb, you want to teach world richest man how to spend his money?

No...not all Felicia though I don't argue for the Felicia you quoted.
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by naijapikin2(m): 3:59pm On Nov 04, 2022
Ghen ghen
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by Christistruth00: 4:01pm On Nov 04, 2022
Typical Evil Man

Hijacking what they didn’t build or Create
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by aestake: 4:02pm On Nov 04, 2022
israel90:
He is being the boss
To who? He is only folding it up.
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by Farid24224(m): 4:03pm On Nov 04, 2022
One Musk to rule them all...

One by one.
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by xandy84: 4:03pm On Nov 04, 2022
Really!!!! Best of luck in your search for investors then.

Agro2002:
yes it's very possible , this is not a cooperate business its trading.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by seanwilliam(m): 4:05pm On Nov 04, 2022
Zenzu01:

you’re very smart.
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by bamasite2: 4:05pm On Nov 04, 2022
Na court go settle the matters
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by codedtony(m): 4:08pm On Nov 04, 2022
Understandable Elon is in 13 billion dollars worth of dept of course his going to cut cost wherever he see fits but damn he shouldn't have purchased Twitter it's over values to say the least
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by lereinter(m): 4:08pm On Nov 04, 2022
Chetas81:
RELIGION VALUE IS UNKNOWN IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD THE POOR COUNTRY LIVE ON SCRIPTURE WHILE ADVANCE COUNTRY LIVE WITH COMMON SENSE AND IDEAL

Good for them all
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by maasoap(m): 4:09pm On Nov 04, 2022
Zenzu01:

You should have stuck with what you know instead of giving yourself off as a conspiracy theorist

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by TheAlchemist: 4:09pm On Nov 04, 2022
While Dangote is still sourcing for additional funds to complete his refinery, Elon musk throws a whopping $44 billion on a bird app, without breaking a sweat. Honestly wish he could just help Dangote complete the refinery this year.
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by maasoap(m): 4:12pm On Nov 04, 2022
jimetagambo:
Bye bye oo. He needs to to an extent. He bough a company worth $13 billion for $44Billion, he already had a $31 Billion loss before taking over the company.

Also,
Tech layoffs are everywhere:

Opendoor 18%
Stripe 14%
Chime 12%
Twitter 50%
Lyft cutting 13% of staff
Dapper Labs cutting 22% of staff
Stripe cutting 14% of staff
Amazon paused hiring for corporate staff
META: pause
Microsoft: Layoffs
Netflix: Layoffs
Flipboard: 21%

E.t.c.

That's exactly the main issue. Remember that he wanted to backout from the deal but all those initial clauses made it difficult for him. The guy is on revenge mission
Re: Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide by mcameo: 4:17pm On Nov 04, 2022
Sweetplum:

In all, you don't just overhaul anyhow. He ll ruin Twitter.

The strategy is sound, sack them, hire them back on contract and cherry picks those you would be loyal to him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do I Push Etisalat Browsing Settings To My Phone. / See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k / How To Set Any Picture As Your BBM/WHATSAPP Display Picture Without Cropping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.