Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,865 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm (3960 Views)

My Dry Season Rice And Okra Farm (pics) / My Dry Season Watermelon Farm Getting Ready For Harvesting / Tomato Jos: Mira Mehta Shows The Largest Active Tomato Farm In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by Simfglobal: 2:59pm On Nov 04, 2022
Hello everyone, I'm Farmer Oluwaseun, I've really benefited from nairaland from inspiring stories to tips in Agriculture. I've been following nairaland since my undergraduate days, infact I influenced my younger brother with nairaland and he is now a passionate lover of naira land too.

I've attended several practical training on vegetables, however this is my first time of going into vegetable in full scale, though I've planted in small scale to have more experience

I will be sharing pictures of my small scale Tomato farm on this thread

I'm a passionate farmer and I love to farm Profitably, I've been planting maize and cassava for for more than five years now.

I'm calling @farmerakinloye6, @ideepaul, @grandpoh, @oluchidelly, @aquadude15 and others to contribute as I update is daily on the activities of the tomato farm

Thank you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by Simfglobal: 3:12pm On Nov 04, 2022
Let me give us a summary of what is available on the farm.

Currently, the following are available on the farm.
1. two Boreholes
2. Water tank
3. Irrigation system

The farm is 10 acres, 3 acres cleared already with no trees at all.
The plan is to plant vegetables like cucumber, pepper, tomatoes, sweetcorn, cabbage and spices like onion, etc. My plan is to plant all year round.

My plan is to go fully organic but for now, I cannot but will reduce my chemical usage to minimum level.

My farm is in outskirt of Ibadan, in a local government called Ido. I will welcome those who will like to visit when the project fully commence especially those in Ibadan.

I'm still short of workers on the farm, I will appreciate those who can be if helps regarding this.

So I will start with the report of the small scale Tomato.
Hope you are following.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by ceeceeuwa: 3:35pm On Nov 04, 2022
Simfglobal:
Hello everyone, I'm Farmer Oluwaseun, I've really benefited from nairaland from inspiring stories to tips in Agriculture. I've been following nairaland since my undergraduate days, infact I influenced my younger brother with nairaland and he is now a passionate lover of naira land too.

I've attended several practical training on vegetables, however this is my first time of going into vegetable in full scale, though I've planted in small scale to have more experience

I will be sharing pictures of my small scale Tomato farm on this thread

I'm a passionate farmer and I love to farm Profitably, I've been planting maize and cassava for for more than five years now.

I'm calling @farmerakinloye6, @ideepaul, @grandpoh, @oluchidelly, @aquadude15 and others to contribute as I update is daily on the activities of the tomato farm

Thank you
Is this harvest from your farm? I am following your thread.
Re: One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by Simfglobal: 3:47pm On Nov 04, 2022
ceeceeuwa:

Is this harvest from your farm? I am following your thread.

Yes, it's one of the harvest from the little plot I planted. I sell using that container btw 1200 to 1500

3 Likes

Re: One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by Rejoicing(f): 8:01pm On Nov 04, 2022
This is beautiful, more grace
Re: One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by Jub101(m): 9:37pm On Nov 04, 2022
Following back to back
Re: One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by aquadude15: 4:50am On Nov 05, 2022
Weldone sir.
Following already
Re: One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by ceeceeuwa: 6:10am On Nov 05, 2022
Simfglobal:

Yes, it's one of the harvest from the little plot I planted. I sell using that container btw 1200 to 1500
Goodone
Re: One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by Ade3131: 8:17am On Nov 05, 2022
I'm following...
Re: One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:51am On Nov 05, 2022
God bless your work... make sure you let your tomato ripe very well, and select unviable (rotten) to one side before you take it to market. Can you do cost analysis of borehole setup for we looking to do similar thing?
Re: One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by Simfglobal: 12:22pm On Nov 05, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
God bless your work... make sure you let your tomato ripe very well, and select unviable (rotten) to one side before you take it to market. Can you do cost analysis of borehole setup for we looking to do similar thing?

Thanks I appreciate

The first Borehole was sunk by ministry of water resources at Secretariat Ibadan.
Cost of survey is 15,000
Drilling and installation 700,000
Depth is 100m

Second Borehole was done by a private company (indians)
Survey....25,000
Cost of drilling and installation 1.2million

Depth: 160m

2 Likes

Re: One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by Farmerakinloye6(m): 12:51pm On Nov 05, 2022
Simfglobal:

Thanks I appreciate

The first Borehole was sunk by ministry of water resources at Secretariat Ibadan.
Cost of survey is 15,000
Depth is 100m

Survey....25,000

Depth: 160m

you are on the right path comrade, if you can get serious 18-15 labourer and you are smart, trust me you will make money. Good luck.
Re: One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by aquadude15: 3:01pm On Nov 05, 2022
Simfglobal:

Thanks I appreciate

Cost of survey is 15,000
Depth is 100m

Survey....25,000

Depth: 160mw

Where do you intend selling your produce
Re: One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by grandpoh(m): 11:11pm On Nov 05, 2022
Welcome on board, you’re on the right path.
Labour is key and very important, aside this every other challenges I believe is conquerable.
May this new sojourn be blessed.
Re: One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by KingBosco(m): 8:48am On Nov 06, 2022
I don go grab sear�
Following
Re: One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by amadasunfarm(m): 3:36pm On Nov 06, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by Simfglobal: 12:48pm On Nov 07, 2022
grandpoh:
Welcome on board, you’re on the right path.
Labour is key and very important, aside this every other challenges I believe is conquerable.
May this new sojourn be blessed.

Amen thanks.
Re: One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by Simfglobal: 1:04pm On Nov 07, 2022
aquadude15:

Where do you intend selling your produce
I have several strategies for marketing my produce. But let me put them in two categories,

1. Premium markets. Those who can buy at good and stable price. Meaning I will sell per kg to them.
I've surveyed about 100 schools to sell minimum of 1000kg per week

I'm also doing commission sales, where some group of people in certain estates sell to their neighbors and earn commission. Plus other premium markets I've mapped out.

2. Open market.
Markets here are open every five days for buying and selling. I have up to four markets to take my goods to in a week.

4 Likes

Re: One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by aquadude15: 1:38pm On Nov 07, 2022
Simfglobal:

I have several strategies for marketing my produce. But let me put them in two categories,

1. Premium markets. Those who can buy at good and stable price. Meaning I will sell per kg to them.

I'm also doing commission sales, where some group of people in certain estates sell to their neighbors and earn commission. Plus other premium markets I've mapped out.

2. Open market.
Markets here are open every five days for buying and selling. I have up to four markets to take my goods to in a week.
Alright sir.
Sales of your output is one important aspect of farming.
Since you are going on a large scale and you would want to monitor your farm to maximize production, why don't you work with agents that are ready to pay cash because this market woman are cunny

2 Likes

Re: One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by Alberttahir: 2:15pm On Nov 07, 2022
impressive. I wish you success bro. I'm nursing similar thought.
Re: One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by Eagba(m): 3:11pm On Nov 07, 2022
Simfglobal:

Amen thanks.
Bros try to get some machinery for your farm in due course so you can depend less on human. Mod front page material don land o

1 Like

Re: One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by Eagba(m): 4:04pm On Nov 07, 2022
Simfglobal:

2. Open market.
Target nysc agents and prison. E get why
Re: One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by Simfglobal: 10:23am On Nov 15, 2022
I'm about to start my nursery, using seed trays.

I'm planting Opv and hybrid.
I'm planting Opv because they do well during dry season under GAP

REMEMBER I WILL BE PLANTING IN BATCHES

4 Likes

Re: One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by otuword: 12:14pm On Nov 15, 2022
Simfglobal:

What is opv and hybrid?
Re: One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by aquadude15: 4:36pm On Nov 15, 2022
Simfglobal:

Don't plant them to close
Re: One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by Babakolanut(m): 12:08pm On Nov 25, 2022
I'm in Lagelu LG,where is your farm located? Add me on whatsapp +2349034612092
Re: One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by Simfglobal: 1:50pm On Nov 25, 2022
I'm Planting using spacing of 30cm by 100cm
Re: One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by Simfglobal: 1:55pm On Nov 25, 2022
otuword:

What is opv and hybrid?

OPV means open pollinated variety, that the variety planted in the north. It has less disease resistant but it can don well in dry season.
The seed is also cheap.

Hybrid on the other hand is more productive, has higher disease resistant but the seeds are very expensive, though you will get your money back of you practice good agricultural practices
Re: One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by Simfglobal: 1:56pm On Nov 25, 2022
Babakolanut:
I'm in Lagelu LG,where is your farm located? Add me on whatsapp +2349034612092
I'm in ido local government,

1 Like

Re: One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by CodeTemplar: 6:06pm On Nov 25, 2022
Simfglobal:

1. Premium markets.
2. Open market.
I am no farmer but my instinct tells me you should have a category/plan 3 like making paste out of excess tomatoes in situation of bountiful harvest year or glut.

1 Like

Re: One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by AgubataAkokwa: 6:15pm On Nov 25, 2022
This is worth following
Re: One Million From My Dry Season Tomato Farm by OluchiDelly: 6:26am On Nov 26, 2022
aquadude15:

Don't plant them too close

op take this very serious. separate the 2 well just in case, make opv no go put sand sand inside your hybrid.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dry Season Ugu Planting In Sacks / Someone Help Me Identify These Specie Of Snail / Perfectly Working 8.0 Hux Power Foreign Used Soil Ploughing Machine For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.