Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,913 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? (3183 Views)

Nigeria’s COP28 Delegation Is Largest In Africa — And Same As China’s / Emir Sanusi's Home In Awe, Nasarawa State After Dethronement (Photos) / Amosun Commissions International Breweries Plc Bara Ogun, Largest In West Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by Redomi(m): 5:43pm On Nov 05, 2022
Sammy07:

Ain't sure of that "part of Ogun waterside"
I once worked there after sometimes ago. And I made research, and I find out "Sowore" lake at "Ibiade town was named by one hunter from Ondo town, same at "Ilushin town" it was founded by an Ondo man
Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by Redomi(m): 5:43pm On Nov 05, 2022
Sammy07:

Why won't electorates be allowed to vote their minds?
Is it all igbos that will vote? Is it all Yorubas that will votes?

Igbos in Ondo state are more 10,000 people?
If you're trying to know the igbo population, enter the market and see if they're even more than 1,000 in a market. That's alot bro.
You mean igbo in Ondo town alone are not up to 10,000?
Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by Sammy07: 5:45pm On Nov 05, 2022
Redomi:
sir, before I will argue this with you, na Yoruba language I study for school, so I know so much about Yoruba people dialects.

Lol, well.

As Ondo guy, Born and bred in Ondo, I'm verrrrrrrrrrry sure of what I'm saying.

Oluji, owo, idanre, may belong to the same group, with Owo slightly different.

Ikales and Ilajes are different dialect

Same way Akokos are different dialect

Same way Akure dialect is more of Ekiti dialect.

Listen to Ilaje dialect and listen to Ijebu
Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by Redomi(m): 5:46pm On Nov 05, 2022
Sammy07:

Ondo, idanre, Owo, ile oluji are in the same group.

Ikales and Ilajes are not the same group as the above. Their dialect different
brother na Yoruba I did, they refer to Ondo, Idanre, Ikale, Ilaje, Ile-Oluji as same
Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by Redomi(m): 5:46pm On Nov 05, 2022
Sammy07:

Ondo, idanre, Owo, ile oluji are in the same group.

Ikales and Ilajes are not the same group as the above. Their dialect different
seems you don't get me, there are little differences, but they are in same group
Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by Redomi(m): 5:48pm On Nov 05, 2022
Sammy07:

Lol, well.

I'm from Ondo town too, I have spent all my entire life in this town. Even my final year project was about Ondo dialect. I wish we can see and talk about this
Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by Redomi(m): 5:52pm On Nov 05, 2022
Sammy07:

Lol, well.

Let's talk about this if you have the time.
Ondo, Idanre, Ikale, Ilaje, Owo, Ijebu, Ile-Oluji are all SOUTH EAST YORUBA (SEY)
Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by Sammy07: 6:06pm On Nov 05, 2022
Redomi:
Let's talk about this if you have the time.
Ondo, Idanre, Ikale, Ilaje, Owo, Ijebu, Ile-Oluji are all SOUTH EAST YORUBA (SEY)

Wo, I'm tired. sad
Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by Redomi(m): 6:10pm On Nov 05, 2022
Sammy07:

Wo, I'm tired. sad
hahahah, that's the truth sir.
Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by garfield1: 6:12pm On Nov 05, 2022
Redomi:
They are both in APC.

No place for lp and pdp in ondo
Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by sageb: 6:13pm On Nov 05, 2022
Tunjibalogun:
I mean, they're well developed estates here with fine buildings everywhere. I so like ondo town for its beauty

During my service days, I visited Ondo town and I like what I saw. they have good institutions like Medical university and Adeyemi C. O. E.
Nice place
Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by Sammy07: 6:18pm On Nov 05, 2022
Redomi:
hahahah, that's the truth sir.

Mo gbo, ki adugbo e n'ondo?
Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by Sammy07: 6:19pm On Nov 05, 2022
sageb:

During my service days, I visited Ondo town and I like what I saw. they have good institutions like Medical university and Adeyemi C. O. E.
Nice place

You're welcome, we have also have Wesley university and Ondo poly.

Hope you chop enough dog meat before you comot smiley
Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by sageb: 11:52pm On Nov 05, 2022
Sammy07:

You're welcome, we have also have Wesley university and Ondo poly.
Hope you chop enough dog meat before you comot smiley
Dog meat Ko Ewa agoyin Ni
Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by grandstar(m): 2:36am On Nov 06, 2022
Kaxmytex:
I stayed at Bethlehem when I was in ondo...

Cool people, love their dialect like mad grin grin grin
Their tradition is just so dope, e get one event like dat wey dem dey observe, female gender no dey come out, na indoor things till evening time, grin grin grin they call it ODUNMOKO. as develop as dem be, dem no abolish their tradition..
Yaba in ondo is just a beauty to behold, everywhere just make sense..
Hardly can u see an untarred road in ondo...

The town dey try

I'm Ondo and they exist. They are usually, off, off the main streets or some sections of the town.
Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by Tolumiide: 3:35am On Nov 06, 2022
temitope27:
hahahaha, so this 4 towns are 2/3 of ondo state? Abeg stop bringing rubbish here, akoko alone are bigger than this towns u mentioned.

Do you also know akure dialect is spoken in 3 local government? Mind you okitipupa don't speak ondo dialect, they are ikale
Don't mind them, they're paid for what they're posting here.
Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by Penguin2: 3:48am On Nov 06, 2022
Sammy07:

Truth be told he tried and everyone knows.

Na only salaries issues he get.

But, him too won't wanna step into the town if he no do something in Ondo, we will chase him back to akure grin

Is it true he’s supporting Obi for presidency?
Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by temitope27(m): 4:48am On Nov 06, 2022
Redomi:
Yes very correct, but history told us they were Alaafin twins who came to settle down in Ondo, but one of the twin cannot continue with the journey when they lost their mother, so he stayed at Ile-Oluji, the other continue till she settle down in Ondo
yes you are right
Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by temitope27(m): 4:50am On Nov 06, 2022
Redomi:
Akoko is bigger? In land mass or what?
Tell us the 3 towns that speak Akure dialect?
You are very correct Okitipupa and Irele speak Ikale dialect
every town in akure North and IFEDORE Lg, all speak akure dialect.

Akoko is far bigger than ondo and odigbo combine in land mass and population
Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by Redomi(m): 6:26am On Nov 06, 2022
temitope27:

population you say? Though they have 4 local government, but not bigger than Ondo and Odigbo combined
Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by Redomi(m): 6:27am On Nov 06, 2022
Sammy07:

Mo gbo, ki adugbo e n'ondo?
Ayeyemi mo gha in egi
Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by Redomi(m): 6:28am On Nov 06, 2022
garfield1:

No place for lp and pdp in ondo
you are entitled to just 1 vote as an individual, you have no idea what others have in mind
Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by temitope27(m): 7:09am On Nov 06, 2022
Redomi:
population you say? Though they have 4 local government, but not bigger than Ondo and Odigbo combined
egbon, they are bigger
Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by garfield1: 9:15am On Nov 06, 2022
Redomi:
you are entitled to just 1 vote as an individual, you have no idea what others have in mind

I know but apc is dominant
Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by Redomi(m): 9:45am On Nov 06, 2022
garfield1:

I know but apc is dominant
people are running after APC because they have money to share. The final result will shock
Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by Redomi(m): 9:46am On Nov 06, 2022
temitope27:
egbon, they are bigger
bro, I won't agree with you yet, I have been to few places in Akoko, but let's check something before I can believe you
Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by Sammy07: 9:50am On Nov 06, 2022
Penguin2:

Is it true he’s supporting Obi for presidency?

He's in the camp of Wike.

I'm not sure he will work against PDP
Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by Sammy07: 9:56am On Nov 06, 2022
temitope27:

Redomi:
bro, I won't agree with you yet, I have been to few places in Akoko, but let's check something before I can believe you

According to Ondo govt website

Akoko North East 272,571
Akoko North West 322,453
Akoko South East 125,475
Akoko South West 347,590
Total = 1,068,089

Ondo East 115,809
Ondo West 439,646
Odigbo 353,532
Total = 908,987
Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by garfield1: 9:56am On Nov 06, 2022
Redomi:
people are running after APC because they have money to share. The final result will shock

Lp and pdp aren't sharing money
Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by Tonim(f): 5:32pm On Nov 06, 2022
YourHerbalOrgan:
Ondo people them sabi get Professors in their family or relatives...

them like school well well

Yes; ondo and ekiti people.

Many professors smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by nisai: 6:55pm On Nov 06, 2022
Tonim:

Yes; ondo and ekiti people.

Many professors smiley
Na lie jo. Na ogun get professors pass grin grin
Re: Is Ondo Town Second Largest In Ondo State After Akure? by Tonim(f): 7:40pm On Nov 06, 2022
nisai:
Na lie jo. Na ogun get professors pass grin grin

grin

Long time.

How bodi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Handsome Nigerian Man Lists Features His Ideal Wife Must Have (Photos) / Church Members Fights Bishop In An Igbo Anglican In New Jersey USA / Youth Stone Ribadu's Convoy In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.