Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

What I Have Found In Peter Obi - Afenifere Leader, Adebanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Have Found In Peter Obi - Afenifere Leader, Adebanjo (516 Views)

Peter Obi: Afenifere And Pa Adebanjo Support Me Because They Stand For Justice / Mother Backing Her Baby To Participate In Peter Obi Rally In Oyo , Ibadan / Akeredolu Condemns Murder Of Afenifere Leader’s Daughter, Orders Investigation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Have Found In Peter Obi - Afenifere Leader, Adebanjo by PrinceOfLagos: 7:23pm On Nov 05, 2022
The acting leader of the Yoruba socio-political group, Afenifere, Ayo Adebanjo, has urged supporters of the Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi, to actively participate in making him the next President of Nigeria.

Mr Adebanjo spoke during the launch of the 157-page book, titled “The Challenges of Good Governance and Leadership in Nigeria: The Peter Obi effect Factor”, organised by the Alaigbo Development Foundation (ADF).

“It is no longer a tea party. Those who are there do not want to leave but we will kick them out. I want your action, don’t let the opponents intimidate you,” Mr Adebanjo said.

“Make sure you get people into the ‘Obidient’ movement every day. Make sure you vote as an eligible voter and make their money useless that day.

“I have found in Peter Obi a person that would cool me down for a better tomorrow. Your future is in your hands and your positive action will make Peter Obi the next President,” he said.

Mr Adebanjo’s comments came days after another Afenifere leader, Reuben Fasoranti, endorsed the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Bola Tinubu.

Mr Fasoranti, 96, stepped down as the national leader of Afenifere, last year, and handed over to Mr Adebanjo, 94, who became the acting national leader.

Book launch
Uzodinma Nwala, the ADF national president and chief host of the event, said the book which was launched in honour of Mr Obi was inspired by his humility and good works.

Mr Nwala, a professor, added that there is a need to rally around and support Mr Obi so that the future of Nigeria can be put in safe hands.

The chairman of the occasion, Oluwadurotimi Olulana, said the book would help do justice to the present Nigeria situation.

He described Mr Obi as a humble man and that anyone saying he is pretending is wrong.

“Peter Obi is the Moses of our time. He is blessed and anointed to change the whole vices and I assure you that he and Datti will take us to the promised land,” he said.

Reviewing the book, Dele Farotimi, a lawyer, said the book is a template for great development and expressed the hope that the book will continue to be reviewed for years to come.

He said the book is also about how the Ndigbo looks at the Nigerian state and it intends to examine peculiar challenges.

“The first chapter of the book talks about Peter Obi as a leader and not a ruler. This he has eloquently exhibited as a charismatic leader while he was governor.

“The second chapter talks about the philosophy of good governance and leadership. Our leaders are far removed from the people but Peter Obi sees himself as connected with the people and this book recalls that.

“People often believe that revolution should be about violence but it’s not. Sometimes, it comes like the attire Peter Obi usually puts on. Peter Obi understands the urgency and the need to save Nigeria,” he said.

Clara Eromosele, the secretary, Peter Obi Good Governance Advocate, said the supporters of Mr Obi are not doing enough to own the country.

Mrs Eromosele, who represented Peter Obi and Datti Baba-Ahmed at the book launch, said supporters should do more than talk but get their Permanent Voters’ Cards (PVCs).

“If you don’t have a PVC then volunteer to monitor polling units. Don’t give up and don’t bow to threats, it is time to take our country back.

“To contribute your quota to making Nigeria great again, we need to make up our mind to support Peter Obi beyond just winning the election,” she said.

Mrs Eromosele further urged supporters of Mr Obi to represent him well and be good ambassadors both online and offline.

The Father of the Day, Uma Oke Eleazu, said Mr Obi is a symbol of good governance and enjoined all his supporters to make themselves available when it’s time to vote.

Mr Eleazu enjoined everyone to take charge and support Peter Obi, adding that the challenges before Peter Obi is formidable but not insurmountable.

The Chairman of the Organising Committee, Nze Johnpaul, said since our national problems did not know religion, ethnicity or political colouration, then the solution should not be found along the same lines.

He said Mr Obi is so passionate to see Nigeria rise again at no personal gain that he advised the people not to accept him because of his origin, but based on his competence.

“In the light of all these, we make bold to announce that we have found a man with integrity, capacity and competence to lead Nigeria.

“The man who has no structure but the common man has volunteered to be the structure. The man who has not assumed office, but has changed the face of electoral democracy in Nigeria and that man is Mr Peter Gregory Obi,” he said.

(NAN)

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/563477-what-i-have-found-in-peter-obi-afenifere-leader.html

Nlfpmod Oam4j

1 Like

Re: What I Have Found In Peter Obi - Afenifere Leader, Adebanjo by PrinceOfLagos: 7:25pm On Nov 05, 2022
Peter Obi is Yoruba choice and Peter Obi we will vote for

4 Likes

Re: What I Have Found In Peter Obi - Afenifere Leader, Adebanjo by angelEmade: 7:25pm On Nov 05, 2022
This is the position of we Yoruba people. We want progress we want equity, we want a young vibrant leader and we are not doing any tribalism this time.
See my signature and Jaapa with less than 1m

3 Likes

Re: What I Have Found In Peter Obi - Afenifere Leader, Adebanjo by successmatters(m): 7:26pm On Nov 05, 2022
We all have agreed that Peter Oluwadare Obi and Yusuf Baba Datti Ahmed is our choice for president of Nigeria in 2023.

5 Likes

Re: What I Have Found In Peter Obi - Afenifere Leader, Adebanjo by Domipraiz: 7:28pm On Nov 05, 2022
Every household loves Peter Obi just the way children loves indomie.

1 Like

Re: What I Have Found In Peter Obi - Afenifere Leader, Adebanjo by jkpbestseries: 7:30pm On Nov 05, 2022
Rwality
Re: What I Have Found In Peter Obi - Afenifere Leader, Adebanjo by PrinceOfLagos: 7:30pm On Nov 05, 2022
Obi is coming
Re: What I Have Found In Peter Obi - Afenifere Leader, Adebanjo by Shokoloko(f): 7:33pm On Nov 05, 2022
successmatters:
We all have agreed that Peter Oluwadare Obi and Yusuf Baba Datti Ahmed is our choice for president of Nigeria in 2023.
Lol, very creative.

1 Like

Re: What I Have Found In Peter Obi - Afenifere Leader, Adebanjo by AdamuKD: 7:43pm On Nov 05, 2022
Urchins, come and start barking
1 2 3
Wooo wooo wooo

The one under my nyash don start barking already like bingo

1 Like

Re: What I Have Found In Peter Obi - Afenifere Leader, Adebanjo by PandoraObi: 7:44pm On Nov 05, 2022
ok
Re: What I Have Found In Peter Obi - Afenifere Leader, Adebanjo by AdamuKD: 7:45pm On Nov 05, 2022

3 Likes

Re: What I Have Found In Peter Obi - Afenifere Leader, Adebanjo by AdamuKD: 7:45pm On Nov 05, 2022
PandoraObi:
ok
He will start typing nonsense now
Zombie
Re: What I Have Found In Peter Obi - Afenifere Leader, Adebanjo by PandoraObi: 7:45pm On Nov 05, 2022
[quote author=AdamuKD post=118151037][/quote]

Re: What I Have Found In Peter Obi - Afenifere Leader, Adebanjo by PandoraObi: 7:47pm On Nov 05, 2022
AdamuKD:
He will start typing nonsense now Zombie
Lalasticlala seun mynd44 nlfpmod
Re: What I Have Found In Peter Obi - Afenifere Leader, Adebanjo by Majesty2(m): 7:52pm On Nov 05, 2022
Pa adebanjo no wan rest, somebody should tell baba that feb 25 is not too far again, nah that time we go separate boys from men, nah that time pa adebanjo go know shey he is nothing in Yoruba land.... On Tinubu's mandate i stand
Re: What I Have Found In Peter Obi - Afenifere Leader, Adebanjo by Naira20: 7:56pm On Nov 05, 2022
Great

The man who has no structure but the common man has volunteered to be the structure. The man who has not assumed office, but has changed the face of electoral democracy in Nigeria and that man is Mr Peter Gregory Obi
Re: What I Have Found In Peter Obi - Afenifere Leader, Adebanjo by PrinceOfLagos: 8:05pm On Nov 05, 2022
Majesty2:
Pa adebanjo no wan rest, somebody should tell baba that feb 25 is not too far again, nah that time we go separate boys from men, nah that time pa adebanjo go know shey he is nothing in Yoruba land.... On Tinubu's mandate i stand
So in your little mind, Thiefnibu will win?

I laugh grin

2 Likes

Re: What I Have Found In Peter Obi - Afenifere Leader, Adebanjo by Tochi3(m): 8:08pm On Nov 05, 2022
PO/DATTI....the men to be used by the most high to rescue Nigeria...

(1) (Reply)

ISWAP Fighters Kill Two Nigerian Police Officers, Set Operational Vehicle Ablaze / H.E. Atiku Arrives Lagos Business School Alumni Day 2022 / 2023: Hundreds Of APC Members Defect To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.