Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,866 members, 7,813,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki (4659 Views)

5 Bedroom Contemporary Duplex Design / Construction Of Contemporary Eatery (fast food)And 6 Flats By Rotech77 / Affordable Contemporary Duplex Design For Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by segcymoor(m): 10:33pm On Nov 05, 2022
We set to embark on construction of a wing duplex at Lekki... Contemporary concept

Client: Nairalander
Foundation: Bore Pile
Project manager; MOORE -DESIGNBUILD LTD
Project duration:4 months

Suggestions and Constructive criticism were welcome

Do follow us as we progress

...we do structures right

2 Likes

Re: 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by obiekunie01: 11:27pm On Nov 05, 2022
una go just dey design rubbish say una dey design house!

just look at so much waste of materials!

just physical structural assessment alone i can estimate about 32 bags of cement wasted already then av not even checked for rod, sand, blocks, water and others!

nonsense stupid design!
Re: 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by segcymoor(m): 6:23am On Nov 06, 2022
obiekunie01:

just physical structural assessment alone i can estimate about [b]32 bags of cement wasted [/b]already then av not even checked for rod, sand, blocks, water and others!

nonsense stupid design!

We appreciate your concern sir... Never mind..e never reach 5k..So no qualm
Re: 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by segcymoor(m): 6:24am On Nov 06, 2022
obiekunie01:

just physical structural assessment alone i can estimate about [b]32 bags of cement wasted [/b]already then av not even checked for rod, sand, blocks, water and others!

nonsense stupid design!

Re: 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by segcymoor(m): 6:29am On Nov 06, 2022
obiekunie01:

nonsense stupid design!
Please learn to listen to simple instructions...I specifically stated that constructive criticism is allowed Sir

Once again thank for your concern
Even though we are not the one that design but I don't see that observation as constructive enough sir

1 Like

Re: 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by obiekunie01: 8:10am On Nov 06, 2022
segcymoor:

Please learn to listen to simple instructions...I specifically stated that constructive criticism is allowed Sir

Once again thank for your concern
Even though we are not the one that design but I don't see that observation as constructive enough sir

you dont specify how constructive your criticism should be - otherwise it wont be a 'criticism'!

meanwhile i don't know how you were trained on architectural designs.

but whatever your design is, you should put the following into serious consideration:

1. Security - (not negotiable) - your design exposes that structure to easy intrusion.

2. Economics - what is the essence of a non-economic design?

3. solid structure - you can give a solid structure that still saves a lot of cost

4. in-expensive esthetics. - esthetics of a building shouldn't empty your clients pocket.

Do have a pleasant Sunday. now you can go and knock your head for wall.

Re: 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by segcymoor(m): 10:07am On Nov 06, 2022
obiekunie01:

you dont specify how constructive your criticism should be - otherwise it wont be a 'criticism'!

meanwhile i don't know how you were trained on architectural designs.

but whatever your design is, you should put the following into serious consideration:

1. Security - (not negotiable) - your design exposes that structure to easy intrusion.

2. Economics - what is the essence of a non-economic design?

3. solid structure - you can give a solid structure that still saves a lot of cost

4. in-expensive esthetics. - esthetics of a building shouldn't empty your clients pocket.

Do have a pleasant Sunday. now you can go and knock your head for wall.

Good. From all indications you seems to be a good student of Architecture perhaps with good grade. Guy, I put it to you: How did you get that good grade without paying attention to simple instructions and notes of your lecturer

How many time did I need to repeat myself that we are NOT THE PROJECT ARCHITECT of this very project.

But then your suggestions is being noted. I will liaise with the project architect to see to that but definitely not at the moment

Let me see to it that this foundation is being done right.

Note: Try to present your argument without emotion... Trust me you will go a long way in life by so doing

5 Likes

Re: 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by obiekunie01: 12:38pm On Nov 06, 2022
segcymoor:

How many time did I need to repeat myself that we are NOT THE PROJECT ARCHITECT of this very project.

Let me see to it that this foundation is being done right.

Note: Try to present your argument without emotion... Trust me you will go a long way in life by so doing

As my structural engineer, its your duty to advice me on defective architectural design.

these observations are supposed to be made by you to the project owner.

Are you even aware that such advice coming from you on observing this building design will instantly endear you to the project owner and earn you more projects either directly or indirectly.

besides, only God knows how terribly defective the structural foundation, the floor plans and even the roofing will be but bc all you want is to make your money and get the fvck out of the project, you don't care how defective any other thing is. THAT IS A TERRIBLE WORK ETHICS.

Point of correction. am not even in the construction industry. i am just a full stack developer and system hardware engineer. i just have eyes for details.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU.
Re: 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by segcymoor(m): 12:43pm On Nov 06, 2022
obiekunie01:

As my structural engineer, its your duty to advice me on defective architectural design.

Are you even aware that such advice coming from you on observing this building design will instantly endear you to the project owner and earn you more projects either directly or indirectly.

besides, only God knows how terribly defective the structural foundation, the floor plans and even the roofing will be but bc all you want is to make your money and get the fvck out of the project, you don't care how defective any other thing is. THAT IS A TERRIBLE WORK ETHICS.

Point of correction. am not even in the construction industry. i am just a full stack developer and system hardware engineer. i just have eyes for details.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU.
U try .
Re: 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by segcymoor(m): 12:44pm On Nov 06, 2022
obiekunie01:

GOOD LUCK TO YOU.
U try ....wait to see how we wan construction terrible structural foundation
Re: 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by obiekunie01: 12:45pm On Nov 06, 2022
segcymoor:

U try .

add sir whn addressing me! I am not your mate!

you don't know if you are talking to a highly potential client!

1 Like

Re: 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by segcymoor(m): 12:45pm On Nov 06, 2022
segcymoor:

U try ....wait to see how we wan construction terrible structural foundation

Mr detailer
Re: 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by segcymoor(m): 12:47pm On Nov 06, 2022
obiekunie01:

add sir to it am not your mate!

arrogance is a huge defect on any people-based service provider!

you don't know if you are talking to a highly potential client!

Never mind..I am not interested Sir
Re: 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by obiekunie01: 12:48pm On Nov 06, 2022
segcymoor:

Mr detailer

you just a big ef!

besides learn your english language!

'detailer' is NOT an english word. bye!
Re: 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by segcymoor(m): 12:56pm On Nov 06, 2022
obiekunie01:

you just a big ef!

besides learn your english language!

'detailer' is NOT an english word. bye!

Sorry a no be English man
Proud Omo Yoruba
Re: 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by segcymoor(m): 1:04pm On Nov 06, 2022
Pile layout arrangements

28 nos
Re: 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by segcymoor(m): 1:23pm On Nov 06, 2022
Subject site..

1 Like

Re: 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by segcymoor(m): 1:27pm On Nov 06, 2022
Typical pile details

Re: 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by segcymoor(m): 1:33pm On Nov 06, 2022
Pile cap details...
Re: 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by segcymoor(m): 1:34pm On Nov 06, 2022
Group pile cap details....
Re: 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by segcymoor(m): 1:22pm On Nov 07, 2022
Procurement of materials...

1 Like

Re: 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by segcymoor(m): 1:23pm On Nov 07, 2022
Rebar..

Re: 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by segcymoor(m): 5:01pm On Nov 07, 2022
Anti soil and bentonite chemical

Very important considering the nature of the soil

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by segcymoor(m): 9:54pm On Nov 08, 2022
Setting out with total station

...in order to achieve precision

Re: 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by segcymoor(m): 10:54am On Nov 10, 2022
Reinforcement work...

Re: 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by segcymoor(m): 12:35pm On Nov 10, 2022
We set to first point...

Re: 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by segcymoor(m): 2:20pm On Nov 11, 2022
1st point!

Re: 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by kopell: 5:15pm On Nov 11, 2022
Well done Engineer, I noticed something about you in the last decade. Your love for lafarge green cements is unquestionable. I understand the terrain where you do most of your construction, it’s make me make informed decision using it when I started similar project till above first level, before changing it to Dangote 3x due to challenges of supply. It’s worth it in opinion from my little research in how it characteristics of its formation. In those terrain, even though I’m not a civil engineer. I still believe it’s better for those kinds of projects. Engineers in the house, this is about a decade ago debated then. I believe is still valid till date. What are your thoughts and experiences in both brands products?
Re: 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by kopell: 5:52pm On Nov 11, 2022
obiekunie01:

just physical structural assessment alone i can estimate about 32 bags of cement wasted already then av not even checked for rod, sand, blocks, water and others!

nonsense stupid design!
Hahaha Ooo ga ooo. Just reading this, is this guy the owner? Even if it is. This is ridiculous. Nah wa ooo. His best idea design may be someone else dog house design.
Re: 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by segcymoor(m): 7:27pm On Nov 11, 2022
kopell:
Well done Engineer, I noticed something about you in the last decade. Your love for lafarge green cements is unquestionable. I understand the terrain where you do most of your construction, it’s make me make informed decision using it when I started similar project till above first level, before changing it to Dangote 3x due to challenges of supply. It’s worth it in opinion from my little research in how it characteristics of its formation. In those terrain, even though I’m not a civil engineer. I still believe it’s better for those kinds of projects. Engineers in the house, this is about a decade ago debated then. I believe is still valid till date. What are your thoughts and experiences in both brands products?

Well, to my best of understand in the industry.
Larfage cement does takes time to dry unlike dangote.. but if it eventually dry

Much more stronger in strength
Re: 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by segcymoor(m): 7:28pm On Nov 11, 2022
Guys at work...

Re: 12mtrs Depth Pile: Construction Of Contemporary Duplex At Lekki by segcymoor(m): 7:45pm On Nov 11, 2022
.. .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Diary Of A BIODIGESTER SOAKAWAY, No More Evacuation / How We Built The Block Of Lock-up Shops In Enugu / Palmsville Court Going For 3M Per Plot. Buy 5plots. and get 1 free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.