Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,450 members, 7,823,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back (20702 Views)

Jumia Sacks 900 Workers To Reduce Cost Of Operation / Udom Emmanuel Reinstates 403 Sacked Workers / Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back by RepoMan007: 9:36am On Nov 07, 2022
Musk is feeling like a kid with his toy. 44B USD no easi.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back by Qardinalcaptain: 9:43am On Nov 07, 2022
Comment wey fit scare musk self���
Re: Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back by iLegendd(m): 9:44am On Nov 07, 2022
kingamaa:
Confused leadership

Poor planning

Hasty decisions

All recipe for failure
It seems you've never swept your room where you pushed everything in one place and pick the ones you feel are not meant to be disposed.
Re: Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back by Bentonite1: 9:45am On Nov 07, 2022
Elon musk's hypocrites. Jack will employ them in his new social media, soon Twitter will loose it's value... He thinks he's smart lol....

1 Like

Re: Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back by Burgerlomo: 9:45am On Nov 07, 2022
Say no to weed grin
Re: Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back by jaxxy(m): 9:58am On Nov 07, 2022
fair enough. Acknowledging ur error is a good step for moving forward.
Re: Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back by Berankis: 9:59am On Nov 07, 2022
He thinks everything is about the daring Tesla approach. The workers built the company to the value of $44B at the point he bought it. If they were not valuable I am sure they wouldn't be in the company in the first place.
Re: Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back by Berankis: 10:00am On Nov 07, 2022
Bentonite1:
Elon musk's hypocrites. Jack will employ them in his new social media, soon Twitter will loose it's value... He thinks he's smart lol....
Over smartness can be stupidity sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back by Mpanyi: 10:05am On Nov 07, 2022
PlayMaker14:
Elon Musk is really a nice guy...

Which nice guy? Elon is in a shit already
Re: Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back by PlayMaker14: 10:06am On Nov 07, 2022
Mpanyi:

Which nice guy? Elon is in a shit already
If one of the richest man is in shit, where are you?
Re: Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back by Arkmanbuddy(m): 10:08am On Nov 07, 2022
Doubleoh7:
Elon just wants to run twitter to the ground. No be all businesses every business person can handle, he really does not have any business buying and trying to run twitter. Dangote tried it with noodles, found out it wasn't an area he can survive, he sold off and left. I see twitter may finally be sold off to Mark

You make me laugh. Meta's about to sack half of its workforce also. Zuck gambled with meta but it's not paying off. He's lost about $30bn already.
Re: Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back by Olaolex: 10:09am On Nov 07, 2022
Ireportlive:
cool

I knew given out Twitter blue badge was based on biased bribery system

Nairaland official handle couldn't get blue badge yet some Zombidiots are getting it for their propaganda

Ireportlive:
cool

Nairaland official handle couldn't get blue badge yet some Zombidiots are getting it for their propaganda

You are playing with high BP and depression. Beware! It kills
Ireportlive:
cool

Re: Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back by diggindeep: 10:10am On Nov 07, 2022
Fear of Twitters former owner from employing them, I knowing that he just launched another APP.

Las Las...nah empty can Elon Musk buy
Re: Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back by brain54(m): 10:16am On Nov 07, 2022
Seems mr musk wasn’t ready to take over twitter afterall…

This kind of exposes him as a ‘shitt.y’ business man!

1 Like

Re: Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back by Ireportlive: 10:18am On Nov 07, 2022
Olaolex:
You are playing with high BP and depression. Beware! It kills
I guess you are talking from experience

Eyah, take care of your health so you don't die
Re: Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back by Myahuza: 10:19am On Nov 07, 2022
At least this will give them a chance to renegotiate their salaries and benefits
Re: Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back by Thoughty2(m): 10:23am On Nov 07, 2022
I see Twitter crashing really hard. No one is indispensable or larger than life. Elon made a big mistake on this one.

I can guarantee that whoever is working for Twitter or is willing to go back after being sacked will be applying for other jobs while attempting to sabotage the company. You can't treat your employees like they don't matter and still get the best from them.
Re: Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back by yerimastyle(m): 10:23am On Nov 07, 2022
The fear of bluesky
Re: Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back by Mopolchi: 10:23am On Nov 07, 2022
kingamaa:
Confused leadership

Poor planning

Hasty decisions

All recipe for failure
Na the same thing dey happen for Chelsea

1 Like

Re: Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back by Olaolex: 10:38am On Nov 07, 2022
Ireportlive:

I guess you are talking from experience

Eyah, take care of your health so you don't die
Don't worry we will come and greet you in any hospital that manage to admit you. Sorry you hear. Please behave yourself there so that you will not be sent out of their hospital.
Re: Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back by Ireportlive: 10:39am On Nov 07, 2022
Olaolex:
Don't worry we will come and greet you in any hospital that manage to admit you. Sorry you hear. Please behave yourself there so that you will not be sent out of their hospital.

Ok

Bye

Re: Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back by Doubleoh7: 10:43am On Nov 07, 2022
Arkmanbuddy:

You make me laugh. Meta's about to sack half of its workforce also. Zuck gambled with meta but it's not paying off. He's lost about $30bn already.
By gambling with Meta, are you referring to 'Metaverse' or you referring to Meta, as in Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram and other of their social media siblings?
Re: Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back by AbuAeesha: 10:44am On Nov 07, 2022
asuraking:
I wish that the people that has been mistakenly sacked,should mistakenly not come back.the stress associated with been sacked is extraordinary. let Them get better jobs elsewhere, because twitter is losing members.
will you give all of them mistakenly sacked another job elsewhere undecided
Re: Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back by Chetas81(m): 10:49am On Nov 07, 2022
YOU BRING THE ELON MUSK MATTER TO THE FRONT PAGE ___ THE MENTAL ILLNESS OF AFRICANS DID NOT ALLOW THE AFRICAN MAN TO GROWTH BECAUSE NO AFRICAN MAN READY FOR THE FUTURE THAT'S WHY RUSSIAN FIGHTING UKRAINE BUT THE AFRICAN MAN CRYING FOR HUNGER
Re: Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back by simplesearch: 11:05am On Nov 07, 2022
Zorn:
Elon is a genius not a clown please. Correct yourself

As far as management of Twitter is concern, he is. Space-x and tesla had a lot of his input, but not with Twitter. He knew little about managing a volatile and highly competitive SM app like Twitter. In that regard he ought to settle down first for like a month, get to know personally what everyone's job entails and how directly impactful they are to the continous existence of the firm and his supposed vision for its expansion and profitability, before taking any drastic action of sacking half his employees. How can half of your staff be claim to be redundant or useless? Is that a sign of been a genius?

1 Like

Re: Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back by baralatie(m): 11:10am On Nov 07, 2022
asuraking:
I wish that the people that has been mistakenly sacked,should mistakenly not come back.the stress associated with been sacked is extraordinary. let Them get better jobs elsewhere, because twitter is losing members.
If you are working with twitter.where is the better offer in the USA that will offer beta job like Twitter?
I believe the massive layoff was too in a haste.
Because Twitter is a social media/internet platform and needs those gurus they mistakenly added to "layoff"
What those workers needs is a room to grow the product and not repeat the same mistake like yahoo
Re: Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back by baralatie(m): 11:12am On Nov 07, 2022
simplesearch:

As far as management of Twitter is concern, he is. Space-x and tesla had a lot of his input, but not with Twitter. He knew little about managing a volatile and highly competitive SM app like Twitter. In that regard he ought to settle down first for like a month, get to know personally what everyone's job entails and how directly impactful they are to the continous existence of the firm and his supposed vision for its expansion and profitability, before taking any drastic action of sacking half his employees. How can half of your staff be claim to be redundant or useless? Is that a sign of been a genius?
Mass sacking is a traditional tool in traditional industrial set up.this is used temporarily to minimize looses and quickly rebound but it is not like that in the internet work space.i think Elon musk should realize that
Re: Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back by CrownLands(m): 11:16am On Nov 07, 2022
#Musk should cool down and think before taking "rash" decisions.

Otherwise, his plans to make #Twitter better may not be successful.

First, he offered to acquire the SM Apps an "inflated" price.

Secondly, he is making short term plans... blue tick, sacking of staffs, bluffing advertisers
Re: Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back by owomano(m): 11:36am On Nov 07, 2022
It will be a bigger/biggest mistake going back to where they were mistakenly sacked.
Re: Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back by Olaolex: 11:56am On Nov 07, 2022
Ireportlive:

Ok
Bye
Yes. Make sure you inform us sha. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which University In Nigeria Offers Human Resources . / Is It Advisable For A B.sc Holder To Work As A LASTMA Official? / Dropping Psychology For Nursing. Am I Making The Right Choice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.