Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Married Folks, How Did You Plan Your Wedding? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Folks, How Did You Plan Your Wedding? (641 Views)

Unmarried Nairalanders: When Do You Plan To Settle Down ? / Married Folks, How Do You Handle Stubborn Wife? Please Help. / Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married Folks, How Did You Plan Your Wedding? by Speeed: 9:29pm On Nov 07, 2022
Hello Everyone, I hope you are all well. I'm here to seek experience and wisdom from the married folks (especially the males).

I am at a stage where I want to make this important decision in my life. I have few elderly people I can discuss this with. I can't discuss it with my parents as I was not raised to freely discuss these kind of things with them. So here I am looking to get different views from you all.

So you already have the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, when did you know it was time to start the plans for marriage, at what age, how much were you earning you started your plans? You can add more insights to your replies please.

Thank you as you contribute.

Re: Married Folks, How Did You Plan Your Wedding? by lilvicky68(m): 9:37pm On Nov 07, 2022
when did you know it was time to start the plans for marriage,
After her parents contributed money and gave me

at what age
Somewhere before 40

how much were you earning you started your plans?
Re: Married Folks, How Did You Plan Your Wedding? by Magnoliaa(f): 9:55pm On Nov 07, 2022
Bia, this OP.

Why exactly did you put that kind of picture?
Re: Married Folks, How Did You Plan Your Wedding? by Speeed: 10:05pm On Nov 07, 2022
Magnoliaa:
Bia, this OP.

Why exactly did you put that kind of picture?
Updated Ma!
Re: Married Folks, How Did You Plan Your Wedding? by culf: 10:36pm On Nov 07, 2022
guy just fix date, everything will fall into place one by one. But make no put wedding for election period oooo and try to liaise with your church (if na church wedding) about the date and continue from there.

congratulations in advance!

1 Like

Re: Married Folks, How Did You Plan Your Wedding? by Magnoliaa(f): 10:41pm On Nov 07, 2022
Speeed:
Updated Ma!

This one is better. cheesy

AfroKnight, me and you in the next five years. ❤

1 Like

Re: Married Folks, How Did You Plan Your Wedding? by AfroKnight: 6:31am On Nov 08, 2022
Magnoliaa:

This one is better. cheesy

AfroKnight, me and you in the next five years. ❤

Maggie but you are cheating on me na
Re: Married Folks, How Did You Plan Your Wedding? by Magnoliaa(f): 7:32am On Nov 08, 2022
AfroKnight:
Maggie but you are cheating on me na

So? undecided

Like, really, what's your case here?
Re: Married Folks, How Did You Plan Your Wedding? by AdamuKD: 11:22am On Nov 08, 2022
See them!! When the marriage crash now, they will start crying.
Prepare for your marriage that will last a life time not preparing for a wedding that is just for a day

1 Like

Re: Married Folks, How Did You Plan Your Wedding? by Speeed: 11:45am On Nov 08, 2022
AdamuKD:
See them!! When the marriage crash now, they will start crying.
Prepare for your marriage that will last a life time not preparing for a wedding that is just for a day
Oh great, can you share a tip or two on that?
Re: Married Folks, How Did You Plan Your Wedding? by FriendsAndFans(m): 12:58pm On Nov 08, 2022
lilvicky68:

Hope it was urgent
Re: Married Folks, How Did You Plan Your Wedding? by Sammy07: 4:54pm On Nov 08, 2022
This should be on fp na
Re: Married Folks, How Did You Plan Your Wedding? by AfroKnight: 7:31pm On Nov 08, 2022
Magnoliaa:

So? undecided

Like, really, what's your case here?

You’re a woman. You are not allowed to cheat.

It is the privilege of men.

I’m so disappointed but what do you think of December 10th for the trad? grin
Re: Married Folks, How Did You Plan Your Wedding? by Magnoliaa(f): 8:27pm On Nov 08, 2022
AfroKnight:
I’m so disappointed but what do you think of December 10th for the trad? grin

I get whocup appointment that day lipsrsealed.

17th nko?
Re: Married Folks, How Did You Plan Your Wedding? by GboyegaD(m): 8:43pm On Nov 08, 2022
In my case, I knew I wasn't willing to spend so much and also, I wasn't looking for too many people at my wedding, so we sat down together to draw out our budget. I contributed 60% while she did 40%. We chose a venue close to the church for our traditional (it was the hotel we lodged our parents and siblings) and we agreed no reception.
At that point, we informed both parents of the date we chose and told our siblings as well. Most important thing was we had a number in mind (70 guests from both sides) although, on her side, the number was more than was agreed and the parents later apologized that it was some close family members that told some other people. She was also too conscious of colleagues she knew she wasn't going to work with anymore after the wedding, but I had to understand because she felt she had worked long with them, attended their wedding, and as a boss, she couldn't do without inviting them. She is beginning to learn that no be everybody person dey tell things to and that is the good side.
One thing that almost caused trouble was the church. They kept acting like God and at some point, I almost canceled that part of it. The interesting thing is I haven't spoken to her pastor/marriage committee after that day because there is no need to. She rarely speaks to him as well (may be once or twice a year). I think our religious institutions should learn to remember that they have no business in people's home as that would earn them the respect, they should get instead of trying to shove it down people's throat. The idea of shoving it down would never help as it means, they do not get any respect whatsoever. Marriage is about two people and I do not know why some think it is about them and not even the couple.
Most importantly, the buy in you need is that of your partner.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Folks, How Did You Plan Your Wedding? by Speeed: 10:06pm On Nov 08, 2022
GboyegaD:
In my case, I knew I wasn't willing to spend so much and also, I wasn't looking for too many people at my wedding, so we sat down together to draw out our budget. I contributed 60% while she did 40%. We chose a venue close to the church for our traditional (it was the hotel we lodged our parents and siblings) and we agreed no reception.
At that point, we informed both parents of the date we chose and told our siblings as well. Most important thing was we had a number in mind (70 guests from both sides) although, on her side, the number was more than was agreed and the parents later apologized that it was some close family members that told some other people. She was also too conscious of colleagues she knew she wasn't going to work with anymore after the wedding, but I had to understand because she felt she had worked long with them, attended their wedding, and as a boss, she couldn't do without inviting them. She is beginning to learn that no be everybody person dey tell things to and that is the good side.
One thing that almost caused trouble was the church. They kept acting like God and at some point, I almost canceled that part of it. The interesting thing is I haven't spoken to her pastor/marriage committee after that day because there is no need to. She rarely speaks to him as well (may be once or twice a year). I think our religious institutions should learn to remember that they have no business in people's home as that would earn them the respect, they should get instead of trying to shove it down people's throat. The idea of shoving it down would never help as it means, they do not get any respect whatsoever. Marriage is about two people and I do not know why some think it is about them and not even the couple.
Most importantly, the buy in you need is that of your partner.

I appreciate you for taking your time to write such a detailed reply.

1 Like

Re: Married Folks, How Did You Plan Your Wedding? by AfroKnight: 10:31pm On Nov 08, 2022
Magnoliaa:

I get whocup appointment that day lipsrsealed.

17th nko?

Why did you delete the part where I declared the law which says you as a woman are not permitted to cheat? Maggie, you are playing with me. Don’t let me postpone our honeymoon to election time next year. You have been warned!!!

So why don’t you cancel the whocup appointment for your bobo na? embarassed Don’t make me visit my 2 steady girlfriends o!

(1) (Reply)

The Married Women And Money: Five Steps To Achieving Financial Security / How To Date Online Safely / Debt Solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.