Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,676 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths (2075 Views)

Shettima Best For Tinubu – Arewa Youths Attack Ex-SGF Lawal, Others / Moghalu & 2023: Northern Keke Napep, Okada Riders Declare Support / 2023: Northern Youths Beg Umahi To Contest For Presidency (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths by pinkPUSSY(f): 12:32pm On Nov 08, 2022
The Arewa Youths Consultative Forum, AYCF, on Tuesday, cautioned the All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu, about the attitudes of the state governors on the platform of the party.

AYCF National President, Yerima Shettima, said other than the Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi, and Governor Bello Matawalle of Zamfara State, other APC governors are against Tinubu.

Speaking with DAILY POST, Shettima said Tinubu has what it takes to get it right in 2023, but the body language of most APC governors are against him.

Shettima accused most APC governors of going behind to negotiate their ways with the opposition, adding that they are paying lip service.

According to Shettima: “APC has all it takes to get it right, but the body language of the governors is not encouraging. The body language of the governors other than those that have demonstrated the willingness to do it right like Mattawalle, Yahaya Bello, and El-Rufai, others are just paying lip services.

“They are just paying lip service that they would promise but fail; apart from these governors I mentioned, the other APC governors are not harmonizing anything even in their state.

“The APC presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu, should realize that they are not serious or trying to let him down. Relying on only governors this time around would not help matters; he should go down and meet leaders of stakeholders of various groups and work with them so that when the chips are down, the governors will be left with no choice but to come back.

“Some of them go behind to negotiate with the opposition; apart from those I mentioned, a lot of them are not with him, and their body language does not indicate seriousness.

“If they want to support Tinubu, they should, and if they are not interested, they should come out like other governors and say no, they are not working with him, just like Wike who says he’s a PDP member but won’t work with Atiku.

“A lot of them are not committed and not serious to Tinubu’s course.”

The AYCF National President also declared that Tinubu would get sympathy votes from the North due to his choice of Kashim Shettima as running mate.

He, however, noted that there would be a split vote in the Northern part of the country.

“Tinubu will pull sympathy votes from the North; the vote in the Northern part of the country will be split, so he will take as much as possible.

“Most of the votes in the North will not come in blocs as it has always been; the 2023 election is coming with a lot of dynamics that you can predict, and it won’t be business as usual.

“Anybody who tells you that the North will give you full vote either on the religious or ethnic ground is lying; it won’t work,” he said.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/11/08/only-el-rufai-yahaya-bello-matawalle-with-you-other-apc-govs-pretending-arewa-youths-to-tinubu/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1667904514

Nlfpmod nlfpmod Seun lalasticlala Mynd4

1 Share

Re: 2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths by pinkPUSSY(f): 12:32pm On Nov 08, 2022
Anybody who tells you that the North will give you full vote either on the religious or ethnic ground is lying; it won’t work,” he said.

Muslim Muslim ticket in the mud..

I Knew there is fire on the mountain when some APC candidates were even using ATIKU'S image to campaign instead of their presidential candidate , engaging in all kinds of Anti party activities and be getting away with it.
They are not passionate again unlike Buhari's time..

If they had remained neutral without using anyone's picture, it would have been a different ball game all together, but projecting Atiku's face on their posters and billboards should send a strong msg to Bola..

Well, let's leave him and his supporters.. I noticed they love living and believing in their own lies and deceits to feel happy..

8 Likes

Re: 2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths by Bobloco: 12:34pm On Nov 08, 2022
grin
Re: 2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths by kk2027: 12:34pm On Nov 08, 2022
Re: 2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths by Xscape1993(m): 12:35pm On Nov 08, 2022
We know from the beginning that the founder of agberos in Nigeria will not even smell Aso Rock...

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths by Naira20: 12:35pm On Nov 08, 2022
Re: 2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths by lhordspy: 12:35pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mumu OP. Where is your headline stated in the write-up?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths by PandoraObi: 12:36pm On Nov 08, 2022
Ok
Re: 2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths by slivertongue: 12:36pm On Nov 08, 2022
Most of them are pretending.

Some of them go behind to negotiate with the opposition; apart from those I mentioned, a lot of them are not with him, and their body language does not indicate seriousness.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths by duro4chang(m): 12:37pm On Nov 08, 2022
Some people are being troubled. Tinubu's matter is now your problem. If they are deceiving Tinubu leave that one now. Wait and let the election come and go so that you will laugh. You people are taking Panadol for someone's headache. I can see fear in some people 's faces.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths by slivertongue: 12:42pm On Nov 08, 2022
Anybody who tells you that the North will give you full vote either on the religious or ethnic ground is lying; it won’t work,” he said.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths by fiizznation: 12:44pm On Nov 08, 2022
2023, the northern elites are for APC while the younger generation are with the opposition parties. This is my personal observation so far, but many things might change in the coming days ahead.

I believe the APC governors have no choice but to work for the success of the party. Because working against their party will be a wrong move that might end some persons political careers.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 08, 2022
You guys should relax we need the complete campaign funds angry, especially kebbi Apc, We promise APC 3billion votes grin...

APC deceived Nigerians, what's the bad in Nigerians deceiving APC?

Atiku is coming

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths by shortIGBOman: 12:46pm On Nov 08, 2022
Atiku is Nigeria's next President. Know this and know peace.

Re: 2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths by pinkPUSSY(f): 12:49pm On Nov 08, 2022
shortIGBOman:
Atiku is Nigeria's next President. Know this and know peace.

So why deceiving Tinubu and his supporters on this forum all these years ?

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths by kayusely70(m): 12:49pm On Nov 08, 2022
God shall shame the traitors!
Re: 2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths by Peterobi90: 12:51pm On Nov 08, 2022
His advice is laced with truth...
Re: 2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths by Kagd10: 12:53pm On Nov 08, 2022
More reason why Tinubu has to change his vp to Lalong. Get a bloc vote from the NC to add to the SW bloc vote. VP candidate can be changed. It's only the party's appointed presidential candidate that was given stipulated time and not the VP candidate that was picked. Also, Tinubu violated federal character rule by his two Muslim Muslim ticket. Why limit your vote when it should be accessible to everyone in the federal country?
Re: 2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths by pinkPUSSY(f): 12:54pm On Nov 08, 2022
Kagd10:
More reason why Tinubu has to change his vp to Lalong. Get a bloc vote from the NC to add to the SW bloc vote. VP candidate can be changed. It's only Presidential candidate that was given stipulated. Also, Tinubu violated federal character rule by his two Muslim Muslim ticket. Why limit your vote when it should be accessible to everyone in the federal country?

Christians are not competen to be VP!!
Re: 2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths by Tochi3(m): 12:54pm On Nov 08, 2022
cheesy grin

MU-MU ticket buried inside agbado trash can for the onward process of cremation

Re: 2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths by gebest: 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2022
If Tinubu think the North are supporting him, he is deceiving himself.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 08, 2022
You people should stop deceiving yourselves. Northerners in the APC have no choice but to support Tinubu because they know it is the honourable thing to do and also important for maintaining the amicable leadership dynamics of Nigeria across regional lines.

Tinubu will win comfortably. Atiku stands no chance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths by pinkPUSSY(f): 1:06pm On Nov 08, 2022
candidtalk:
You people should stop deceiving yourselves. Northerners in the APC have no choice but to support Tinubu because they know it is the honourable thing to do and also important for maintaining the amicable leadership dynamics of Nigeria across regional lines.

Is their anything like Honourable in the dictionary of politics in Nigeria ?

Why would they support Tinubu?
You belive that it's their turn to support you ?

Do you think they see politics the way you see it ? If you scratch my bck I will scratch yours tomorrow ?

TELL me what they will gain if they support Tinubu that they won't gain under Kwankwaso or Atiku?

When you guys were shouting it's northern turn in 2015, therefore they would support you in 2023 you forgot that the people you are supporting don't have the same mentality with you by believing in justice and equity..
Re: 2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths by Kagd10: 1:11pm On Nov 08, 2022
candidtalk:

lmao. That was how they Promised Jonathan but betrayed him in the end. Including Miyetti who promised Jona yet betrayed him. Abegi. You didn't see Gombe Apc govenor getting angry because Makinde supported Tinubu? Shouldn't they be happy if they wanted Tinubu to win? How about El Rufai's Son wailing because Wike supported Sanwo Olu. Shouldn't they be happy? Abegi. Miyetti once said Fulani will continue to rule..

My advise is Tinubu shouldn't limit his vote but include everyone to vote him and he can only do that by bringing in Lalong into the equation.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths by femisplash: 1:11pm On Nov 08, 2022
The undertone of Yerima depicts of someone who is a big fan of Tinubu and wants him to succeed. I believe he's only saying these things so that Tinubu would not rest on his oars. But I can tell that the likes of Gov.Zulum, Buni, Ganduje, Abdullahi Sule, Masari, Abdulrahman are working tremendously round the clock for Tinubu.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths by DadaHammed: 1:14pm On Nov 08, 2022
Thinkam:
You guys should relax we need the complete campaign funds angry, especially kebbi Apc, We promise APC 3billion votes grin...

APC deceived Nigerians, what's the bad in Nigerians deceiving APC?

Bwahahaha...funny you at the bolded. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 08, 2022
Kagd10:
lmao. That was how they Promised Jonathan but betrayed him in the end. Including Miyetti who promised Jona yet betrayed him. Abegi. You didn't see Gombe Apc govenor getting angry because Makinde supported Tinubu? Shouldn't they be happy if they wanted Tinubu to win? How about El Rufai's Son wailing because Wike supported Sanwo Olu. Shouldn't they be happy? Abegi. Miyetti once said Fulani will continue to rule..

My advise is Tinubu shouldn't limit his vote but include everyone to vote him and he can only do that by bringing in Lalong into the equation.

Don't believe the scaremongering. Powerul Northerners will work for Tinubu, precisely same as they did at the Primaries, because they have to not because they want to.

In any case, I am not worried about worst case scenario of an Atiku win. That situation could have massive advantage for what Yorubas want to achieve permanently going forward.
Re: 2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths by Kagd10: 1:38pm On Nov 08, 2022
candidtalk:

Don't believe the scaremongering. Powerul Northerners will work for Tinubu, precisely same as they did at the Primaries, because they have to not because they want to.

In any case, I am not worried about worst case scenario of an Atiku win. That situation could have massive advantage for what Yorubas want to achieve permanently going forward.
Same way Jona won the primaries while they worked against Jona for Buhari. Now they're gonna do same and work against Tinubu for Atiku. Then in next 8 years, they will do same for another Fulani.

Point is Tinubuu shouldn't limit his votes. Even Buharii didn't limit his votes. Of what use is limiting the votes? Abeg. If the Fulani and Hausa end up paying their gratitude, good, it would add to Tinubu's votes and if they betray Tinubu, Tinubu would have cushion with Lalong.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths by Johncarlo07: 2:22pm On Nov 08, 2022
Kagd10:
Same way Jona won the primaries while they worked against Jona for Buhari. Now they're gonna do same and work against Tinubu for Atiku. Then in next 8 years, they will do same for another Fulani.

Point is Tinubuu shouldn't limit his votes. Even Buharii didn't limit his votes. Of what use is limiting the votes? Abeg. If the Fulani and Hausa end up paying their gratitude, good, it would add to Tinubu's votes and if they betray Tinubu, Tinubu would have cushion with Lalong.

Soo you still get small sense for head lyk dis?
I been dey tink say u don sell am for 30k nd Agbado nd Cassava meal.��
Re: 2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths by MikeofAfrica: 2:29pm On Nov 08, 2022
femisplash:
The undertone of Yerima depicts of someone who is a big fan of Tinubu and wants him to succeed. I believe he's only saying these things so that Tinubu would not rest on his oars. But I can tell that the likes of Gov.Zulum, Buni, Ganduje, Abdullahi Sule, Masari, Abdulrahman are working tremendously round the clock for Tinubu.

If Ganduje truly supports Tinubu, he will not nominate Atiku son-in-law to be Kano APC Deputy Governorship candidate.
He even told Wike before PDP primary that Atiku will win the primary hence Wike should ensure he does not create problems for Atiku after the primary.
Buni of Yobe has never liked Tinubu. The only reason Tinubu might win Yobe is because of Shettima and the fact that PDP is not strong in Borno and Yobe.
Re: 2023: Northern Governors Are Just Pretending To Support Tinubu: Arewa Youths by Okoroawusa: 2:30pm On Nov 08, 2022
femisplash:
My thoughts exactly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kogi Governor Withdraws Support For Tinubu Over Faleke / Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Double Citizenship: -- He Is Also From Guinea. / Enforcement of Sharia Law in Muslim States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.