Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? (977 Views)

Our Hands Are Gifted To Cook; Best Naija Food to Order. / Free Food Delivered To You Anywhere In Lagos (ofood) / Delicious Food Delivered In Lagos & Events Catered: Lagos - Ibadan - Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by Winneygirl(f): 7:49pm On Nov 08, 2022
Help o, so that hunger will not kee somebody's pikin.
How can I get Naija food delivered in New Delhi, India?
Re: How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by ahnie: 7:52pm On Nov 08, 2022

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by superintendents(m): 7:57pm On Nov 08, 2022
the guy with username (newDelhi)

cheesy
Re: How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by brain54(m): 7:57pm On Nov 08, 2022
Winneygirl:
Help o, so that hunger will not kee somebody's pikin.
How can I get Naija food delivered in New Delhi, India?
What exactly do you need…?
Re: How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 08, 2022
Buy from naija and shipped through DHL express.
Re: How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by Winneygirl(f): 8:12pm On Nov 08, 2022
brain54:

What exactly do you need…?
A restaurant that will deliver....?
Re: How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by brain54(m): 8:16pm On Nov 08, 2022
Winneygirl:

A restaurant that will deliver....?
Cooked food I don’t think that is possible…

Raw food stuffs- yes.
Re: How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by brain54(m): 8:19pm On Nov 08, 2022
I actually thought Indian dishes are similar to Nigerian foods…
I usually brag to my Ghanian friends that Indians are the only Africans that can give Nigerian dishes a run for their money when it comes to dishes.
You should try ghanian dishes though…I shoulder just thinking of the watery soups I eat here!

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by Winneygirl(f): 8:45pm On Nov 08, 2022
brain54:

Cooked food I don’t think that is possible…

Raw food stuffs- yes.

Wow! Thanks though...
I do hope someone comes up with something.
Re: How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by mariahAngel(f): 9:00pm On Nov 08, 2022
brain54:
I actually thought Indian dishes are similar to Nigerian foods…
I usually brag to my Ghanian friends that Indians are the only Africans that can give Nigerian dishes a run for their money when it comes to dishes.
You should try ghanian dishes though… I shoulder just thinking of the watery soups I eat here!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

To be honest, most, if not all, Ghanaian soups do not look appealing. grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by mariahAngel(f): 9:02pm On Nov 08, 2022
Winneygirl:

Wow! Thanks though...
I do hope someone comes up with something.

Why don't you try replicating some Nigerian dishes with the ingredients you can lay your hands on over there?
Like what and what Nigerian foods do you crave?

If I were you though, I'd just explore their foods. They mostly look like something I would enjoy.
Re: How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by brain54(m): 9:10pm On Nov 08, 2022
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Ghanaians can’t cook to save their lives…

But don’t tell them that. Except you want world war 3 to happen.

I don chop Banku and groundnut soup tire here. So boring when it comes to food. I eat here like I am taking medicine just to survive.
But I recently found somewhere I can get Nigerian foodstuffs here. Nigerian rice inclusive…egusi, ogbono etc.
Their rice is different…smells like perfume was added .
It’s expensive though…but who cares.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by brain54(m): 9:15pm On Nov 08, 2022
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

People that can grind pepper and tomatoes…

Slice onions…

And start eating banku. Food is ready.

I am not exaggerating here o!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by mariahAngel(f): 9:16pm On Nov 08, 2022
brain54:

Ghanaians can’t cook to save their lives…

But don’t tell them that. Except you want world war 3 to happen.

I don chop Banku and groundnut soup tire here. So boring when it comes to food. I eat here like I am taking medicine just to survive.
But I recently found somewhere I can get Nigerian foodstuffs here. Nigerian rice inclusive…egusi, ogbono etc.
Their rice is different…smells like perfume was added .
It’s expensive though…but who cares.

I've heard a lot about their "famous" perfumed rice, which they seem to love so much.
I can't even imagine how rice can be perfumed.

Waakye seem to be their only food I'd be willing to try.
Their kelewele too.
Have you tried their garri fotor? cheesy

Nigerian foods are expensive over there? Wow!
Re: How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by mariahAngel(f): 9:21pm On Nov 08, 2022
brain54:

People that can grind pepper and tomatoes…

Slice onions…

And start eating banku. Food is ready.

I am not exaggerating here o!

I know. I've seen it. cheesy

What's that their local mortar called? (The one that they use to smash the peppers and onions.)
Re: How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by brain54(m): 9:28pm On Nov 08, 2022
mariahAngel:

I've heard a lot about their "famous" perfumed rice, which they seem to love so much.
I can't even imagine how rice can be perfumed.

Waakye seem to be their only food I'd be willing to try.
Their kelewele too.
Have you tried their garri fotor? cheesy

Nigerian foods are expensive over there? Wow!
When I came Waakye was the only food I could stand especially when it comes to rice( I still am not used to the white rice)
But with time it got boring too…Ghanaians don’t explore. Go to different restaurants and the food taste same. Not like Nigeria where for instance different ways of cooking a particular food. E.g egusi…different people will cook it differently in creative ways you can’t imagine. Giving it different taste.
Ghana every damn person cooks same. Same taste for particular meals.

Since I came here I have only eaten like 3 different type of soup. Apart from pepper and onions. (Cos I don’t consider that one soup)

And believe me I am not too picky or selective when it comes to food o. But Ghana own worse.

O.P is complaining or Indian. She should try Ghana. She go beg.

Food here is like medicine. Me when like food that year… I eat here just to survive.

No emotions attached!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by mariahAngel(f): 9:40pm On Nov 08, 2022
brain54:

When I came Waakye was the only food I could stand especially when it comes to rice( I still am not used to the white rice)
But with time it got boring too…Ghanaians don’t explore. Go to different restaurants and the food taste same. Not like Nigeria where for instance different ways of cooking a particular food. E.g egusi…different people will cook it differently in creative ways you can’t imagine. Giving it different taste.
Ghana every damn person cooks same. Same taste for particular meals.

Since I came here I have only eaten like 3 different type of soup. Apart from pepper and onions. (Cos I don’t consider that one soup)

And believe me I am not too picky or selective when it comes to food o. But Ghana own worse.

O.P is complaining or Indian. She should try Ghana. She go beg.

Food here is like medicine. Me when like food that year… I eat here just to survive.

No emotions attached!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

When it comes to food, Nigerians are really creative. I'll give us that.
I'd say we underestimate ourselves, but then again, we don't. We know our (foods') worth.

No wonder many Ghanaian food bloggers (including food bloggers from other African countries) love following Nigerian food bloggers on Instagram.
I have some Ghanaian food bloggers that I follow also.
Re: How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by brain54(m): 9:51pm On Nov 08, 2022
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

When it comes to food, Nigerians are really creative. I'll give us that.
I'd say we underestimate ourselves, but then again, we don't. We know our (foods') worth.

No wonder many Ghanaian food bloggers (including food bloggers from other African countries) love following Nigerian food bloggers on Instagram.
I have some Ghanaian food bloggers that I follow also.
Sure…

We under value ourselves. Always thinking foreign is better. But really Nigeria is one of the best and blessed countries in the world. I only got to know that in my sojourn here…it’s not me being patriotic. It’s the truth.

You follow ghanian food bloggers…? Pray what do you hope to learn…? How to grind pepper?

Not to sound too negative let me think of a food I actually enjoy…will get back to you on that!
At least some thing positive to take away.

Thinking…….
Re: How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by mariahAngel(f): 10:11pm On Nov 08, 2022
brain54:

Sure…

We under value ourselves. Always thinking foreign is better. But really Nigeria is one of the best and blessed countries in the world. I only got to know that in my sojourn here…it’s not me being patriotic. It’s the truth.

You follow ghanian food bloggers…? Pray what do you hope to learn…? How to grind pepper?

Maybe. grin

Not to sound too negative let me think of a food I actually enjoy…will get back to you on that!
At least some thing positive to take away.

[quote] Thinking…….

Waiting...
There must be one at least. cheesy
Re: How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by armyofone(m): 5:43am On Nov 09, 2022
I tried their crayfish sauce...but I think Nigeria way of making it is nice. That's called shito right ?

My grandma and my mom made the best crayfish sauce. I like eating it with yam or rice.

Just oil, onions, pepper and blended crayfish.
I hope to make it one day.

mariahAngel:

I know. I've seen it. cheesy

What's that their local mortar called? (The one that they use to smash the peppers and onions.)
Re: How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by mariahAngel(f): 7:05pm On Nov 09, 2022
armyofone:
I tried their crayfish sauce...but I think Nigeria way of making it is nice. That's called shito right ?

My grandma and my mom made the best crayfish sauce. I like eating it with yam or rice.

Just oil, onions, pepper and blended crayfish.
I hope to make it one day.

They also use lots and lots of onions, garlic and ginger to make that shito sauce.
The flavour must be really really intense.
Re: How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by armyofone(m): 7:16pm On Nov 09, 2022
mariahAngel:

They also use lots and lots of onions, garlic and ginger to make that shito sauce.

I didn't like it after tasting it. Just tasted but didn't continue eating.
I don't like garlic in Africa sauces- ginger ok but not garlic. I don't bother with shito anymore.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by brain54(m): 7:16pm On Nov 09, 2022
mariahAngel:

They don’t use crayfish for shito…

They no get time for that kind paparazzi o.

Mainly black pepper and the rest stuff you mentioned. Plenty ginger…

Taste good though. I like it!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by mariahAngel(f): 7:21pm On Nov 09, 2022
brain54:

They don’t use crayfish for shito…

They no get time for that kind paparazzi o.

Mainly black pepper and the rest stuff you mentioned. Plenty ginger…

Taste good though. I like it!

Really?
The one I watched on YouTube made by one top Ghanaian food vlogger/blogger, she used lots of crayfish, fresh shrimps, dried prawns...
Re: How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by mariahAngel(f): 7:23pm On Nov 09, 2022
armyofone:

I didn't like it after tasting it. Just tasted but didn't continue eating.
I don't like garlic in Africa sauces- ginger ok but not garlic. I don't bother with shito anymore.

It seemed like something I might like. Maybe.
Although, I don't like garlic that much, because the flavour is too intense and overpowering.
Re: How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by brain54(m): 8:33pm On Nov 09, 2022
mariahAngel:

Really?
The one I watched on YouTube made by one top Ghanaian food vlogger/blogger, she used lots of crayfish, fresh shrimps, dried prawns...
Okay…
I haven’t seen most of them use crayfish in meals before though…
They use mainly ginger and garlic to spice food.
Even crayfish I can’t find to buy in the market here. Except few shops were Nigerian foodstuffs are sold.
Ghanaian dishes are simple and basic. Not much spices or seasoning.
Some of those food bloggers borrow a lot from Nigerian meals.

This is my opinion though…and from my personal experience here.
Re: How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by brain54(m): 8:34pm On Nov 09, 2022
mariahAngel:

Although, I don't like garlic that much, because the flavour is too intense and overpowering.
I don’t think you will like shito much then…
Re: How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by mariahAngel(f): 8:51pm On Nov 09, 2022
brain54:

Okay…
I haven’t seen most of them use crayfish in meals before though…
They use mainly ginger and garlic to spice food.
Even crayfish I can’t find to buy in the market here. Except few shops were Nigerian foodstuffs are sold.
Ghanaian dishes are simple and basic. Not much spices or seasoning.
Some of those food bloggers borrow a lot from Nigerian meals.

This is my opinion though…and from my personal experience here.

You see, that is the thing with most food bloggers.
They deviate from the original recipe, and teach people something else, and if the recipe is foreign to you, you might never know how the original recipe is made.

That is why it is good to preserve/teach original recipes, instead of modified ones, for the sake of those who don't know.
Re: How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by brain54(m): 9:16pm On Nov 09, 2022
mariahAngel:

You see, that is the thing with most food bloggers.
They deviate from the original recipe, and teach people something else, and if the recipe is foreign to you, you might never know how the original recipe is made.

That is why it is good to preserve/teach original recipes, instead of modified ones, for the sake of those who don't know.

True M.A.

But honestly if modifying or deviation from the original recipe will improve or make the meal better then I don’t have a problem with that.

I feel most recipes have been modified over time. Especially our meals on Nigeria. Nothing wrong with being creative with meals.

Food should not be boring jare…but as you said original recipes can be taught…but the cook can be creative.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by armyofone(m): 6:26pm On Nov 10, 2022
mariahAngel:

I like garlic but not in stews or some other African dishes.

I make the bombest crayfish sauce grin but the smell...When I make it, my neighbor watering her lawn would be like having that curious looks on her face ... grin maybe thinking should I ask what was that aroma (smell) grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by mariahAngel(f): 7:38pm On Nov 10, 2022
armyofone:

I like garlic but not in stews or some other African dishes.

I make the bombest crayfish sauce grin but the smell... When I make it, my neighbor watering her lawn would be like having that curious looks on her face... grin maybe thinking should I ask what was that aroma (smell) grin

In a good or bad way? cheesy
Re: How Can I Get Naija Food Delivered In New Delhi, India? by armyofone(m): 8:34pm On Nov 10, 2022
mariahAngel:

In a good or bad way? cheesy

I think the smell has to do with the drying process, packaging and handling to the extent that some dried seafood doesn't smell good.

(1) (Reply)

My First Dinner Of 2023 / Spicy Egusi Soup For The Weekend / Oriental Chicken Tenders Curried Peanut Chicken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.