Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,548 members, 7,861,603 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:17 PM

Nnewi North Chairman, Engr Obiora, Pledges To Uplift The Industrial City - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnewi North Chairman, Engr Obiora, Pledges To Uplift The Industrial City (330 Views)

Nnewi North TC Chairman Suspended Over Wife's "Murder" (Graphic Pictures) / Soludo Loses First LGA As Ifeanyi Ubah Clinches Nnewi North / Bio Of Kingsley I. Obiora (New CBN Deputy Governor) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nnewi North Chairman, Engr Obiora, Pledges To Uplift The Industrial City by Mokwugwo1975: 11:55pm On Nov 08, 2022
Nnewi North Chairman, Engr Obiora, Pledges To Uplift The Industrial City

From Mokwugwo Solomon, Awka

The chairman of Nnewi North Local Government Area of Anambra State, Hon. (Engr) Chris Obiora, has assured that upon completion of his tenure in office, the council area will be positively transformed far beyond the way he met it.

He gave the assurance on Tuesday, November 8, 2022, during an occasion at the council secretariat, to mark his official inauguration as caretaker chairman of the council area.

Hon Obiora, who said that Nnewi supposed to be the Taiwan of Africa, said that the industrial city is currently a shadow of itself.

He said, "Our duty is to clear Nnewi of refuse; keep everywhere clean; decongest the city and maintain its roads, so that life will be easy for it's people.

"At the end of our tenure in office, we cannot afford to leave Nnewi the way we meet it. We will surely, and consciously, take it to a higher pedestal of glory.

"In education, we'll uphold the good standard laid by the state government in terms of teaching, learning and maintenance of schools infrastructure; so that Nnewi will take it's pride of place as the toast of the country.

"I will do my best to do the work I am appointed to do. I will operate open-door policy, where everyone will be have the opportunity to contribute his quota to the council area."

Earlier, while handing over relevant documents to the new council chairman, the Head of Local Government Administration, Mr. Anthony Chidokwe, congratulated him, and encouraged him to do his best not to betray Governor Charles Soludo's trust in appointing him.

He also advised him to carry everyone along in the administration of the council - saying that two good heads are better than one.

Priests led by Very Rev Monsignor Patrick Ezeobata, prayed for the local council, and for tranquility to rain supreme in the new administration.

The event was graced by former chairmen of the local government area: Hon. Patrick Ubajaka and Hon. Chukwudi Orizu.

Others are former chairman of Nzukora Nnewi, Hon. Ugochukwu Udemezue; present chairman of the town union, Dr. Maduka Atuenyi; Obi of Nnewichi, Obi George Onyekaba; Former M/D, Cutix Plc, Engr Ifeanyi Uzosike; President of Nnewi Chamber of Commerce, Prince Jude Osumoh; among many others.

Re: Nnewi North Chairman, Engr Obiora, Pledges To Uplift The Industrial City by Issabel2: 12:00am On Nov 09, 2022
For your pocket
Re: Nnewi North Chairman, Engr Obiora, Pledges To Uplift The Industrial City by JoeNL22(m): 12:06am On Nov 09, 2022
Mokwugwo1975:
Nnewi North Chairman, Engr Obiora, Pledges To Uplift The Industrial City

From Mokwugwo Solomon, Awka

The chairman of Nnewi North Local Government Area of Anambra State, Hon. (Engr) Chris Obiora, has assured that upon completion of his tenure in office, the council area will be positively transformed far beyond the way he met it.

He gave the assurance on Tuesday, November 8, 2022, during an occasion at the council secretariat, to mark his official inauguration as caretaker chairman of the council area.

Hon Obiora, who said that Nnewi supposed to be the Taiwan of Africa, said that the industrial city is currently a shadow of itself, because successive administrations failed to look inward.

He said, "Our duty is to clear Nnewi of refuse; keep everywhere clean; decongest the city and maintain its roads, so that life will be easy for it's people.

"At the end of our tenure in office, we cannot afford to leave Nnewi the way we meet it. We will surely, and consciously, take it to a higher pedestal of glory.

"In education, we'll uphold the good standard laid by the state government in terms of teaching, learning and maintenance of schools infrastructure; so that Nnewi will take it's pride of place as the toast of the country.

"I will do my best to do the work I am appointed to do. I will operate open-door policy, where everyone will be have the opportunity to contribute his quota to the council area."

Earlier, while handing over relevant documents to the new council chairman, the Head of Local Government Administration, Mr. Anthony Chidokwe, congratulated him, and encouraged him to do his best not to betray Governor Charles Soludo's trust in appointing him.

He also advised him to carry everyone along in the administration of the council - saying that two good heads are better than one.

Priests led by Very Rev Monsignor Patrick Ezeobata, prayed for the local council, and for tranquility to rain supreme in the new administration.

The event was graced by former chairmen of the local government area: Hon. Patrick Ubajaka and Hon. Chukwudi Orizu.

Others are former chairman of Nzukora Nnewi, Hon. Ugochukwu Udemezue; present chairman of the town union, Dr. Maduka Atuenyi; Obi of Nnewichi, Obi George Onyekaba; Former M/D, Cutix Plc, Engr Ifeanyi Uzosike; President of Nnewi Chamber of Commerce, Prince Jude Osumoh; among many others.

Obi is cumin!

(1) (Reply)

Presidency: Nigeria In Safe Hands With Tinubu – Aisha Buhari / Dear Charles Chukwuma Soludo, Clarify Your “next To Nothing” Statement / Why Do You Think Igbo Politicians Are Not Supporting Peter Obi?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.