Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans (3488 Views)

How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number / MTN, 9mobile, Airtel And Glo Important Service Codes You Should Know / Glo Increases Their Data Plans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by Kiddogarcia(m): 1:08pm On Nov 09, 2022
This people ehn,

Na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement tho
Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by duro4chang(m): 3:46pm On Nov 09, 2022
Their night sub is the worst

1 Like

Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 09, 2022
Zontrident:
Seriously why are more Nigerians not talking about the fact that Airtel lies about their data subscriptions, if you subscribed any data plan on Airtel you can only use like 50-60% of the said Data plan before it is exhausted.

Their 500 naira for 2gb only allows you to use like 1.2 gb before you will get a message that you have 200mb remaining and that 200mb will finish in a matter of minutes.

I'm shocked nobody talks about this nationwide scam more, glo also turns 60 percent of your data plan into night bundle that expires when the daylight data finishes WTF is wrong with our ISPs

I'm gathering some evidence on their fraudulent acts when I have enough I am going to sue Airtel by Gods grace.

You're right.... I've stopped using my Airtel for browsing.....

1 Like

Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by 99thEnemy(m): 6:08pm On Nov 09, 2022
Demariz:
Yooo i had same problem with glo, i subbed #1,500 for 7.5gb 30days including 4gb night. Thats is i have 3.5gb for the day time,that isn't going to do because I'm a heavy user and i work online and that could probably stretch to midnight.

So about 4days later my day-data got exhausted and i had a lot of work to do,so I'm like okay,I will use the night data. Around 1am i started working and i couldn't connect, i tried everything till around 5am, i called their costumer care and they told me that if my day data gets exhausted then the night also would be exhausted.

I tried to make her understand it made no sense, i bought a plan that included a night plan and thats why it all amounted to 7.5gb, she got tired and forwarded my complaint to someone else who was less eager to accommodate me and hanged up (their costumer care ended the call �)

This is pure madness, something has to be done honestly, I've thought of legal actions because this is deceitful and wicked.

Terrible customer care is a norm with Glo.
Both online and at their offices.
Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 09, 2022
I do 1gb sub, e finish. I check Network Speed na almost 850mb I use. The thing just tire me.

All these companies just dey rip person off cos dey know say nobody go do anything.
Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by edoairways: 4:29pm On Nov 10, 2022
HocusPocus:
Na mouth dem go use tell Una
Switch go the next one if the present one's not working for you
As simple as ABC
Unfortunately these ISP are the same.
Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by faceland: 6:44pm On Nov 10, 2022
Deicide:
They have fixed it, so I Lt works properly 12:00 on the dot. You just have to go to flight mode and back

I would give it a try. Thanks for the tip.

Usually if I attempt to connect by midnight, I would struggle all though the night (due to poor network)...but if I connect by 1 am, it is smooth... and 3am to 5am is like being oversea (super-fast in ways I am not used to).
Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by faceland: 6:54pm On Nov 10, 2022
ZeroOneTribe:
Not just this two, all the ISP have one trick or the other to scam their customers. If you have data and subscribe to mtn night plan, they will be deducting from your main data and the night plan simultaneously.
And you can only use about 80% of your data.
Someone needs to study and gather evidence then sue. I don't mind donating to that cause.
These guys are taking in billions yearly, but still want to cheat their customers.
I switched to ntel sometime ago, their network speed was limited to 512KB/s, it wasn't enough for my work. And the throttling was deliberate.

Speaking about scam. Daily, Glo must send me message to win car, HOUSE etc... which is scam (at the same level as yahoo-boyz email). Due to BVN and NIN, they re connected so if you recharge one of your lines with big money, the other networks would run mad with promo text message.
Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by fredie107(m): 8:04pm On Nov 10, 2022
Zontrident:
Seriously why are more Nigerians not talking about the fact that Airtel lies about their data subscriptions, if you subscribed any data plan on Airtel you can only use like 50-60% of the said Data plan before it is exhausted.

Their 500 naira for 2gb only allows you to use like 1.2 gb before you will get a message that you have 200mb remaining and that 200mb will finish in a matter of minutes.

I'm shocked nobody talks about this nationwide scam more, glo also turns 60 percent of your data plan into night bundle that expires when the daylight data finishes WTF is wrong with our ISPs

I'm gathering some evidence on their fraudulent acts when I have enough I am going to sue Airtel by Gods grace.

As for glo.... Night plan is part their Data plans, which is actually a bonus for you. Learn to read T&C so you don't blame...
Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by fredie107(m): 8:09pm On Nov 10, 2022
Jeffy1206:
1gb is for midnight. Even the 1gb sef no dey work for night undecided angry

If you must use glo night plan. Switch to flight mode and switch off again.... Thank me later

1 Like

Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by Jeffy1206(m): 9:34pm On Nov 10, 2022
fredie107:

If you must use glo night plan. Switch to flight mode and switch off again.... Thank me later
not their main night plan o
Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by Stephenmoka4(m): 4:03am On Nov 11, 2022
Glo sef na scam, button itel weh I use now dey load page in secs (lite). grin
Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by Grandmeister(m): 6:07am On Nov 11, 2022
The reason I stayed away from glo. You give me 1gb for day browsing and 1gb for night. I exhaust my 1gb for day browsing and decide ok I’m going to wake up at night and do some internet stuff only to find out that the night data which I never used has also vanished?? Help me make sense out of this big criminality! After all said and done Mtn still remains the ‘better evil’ out of all of them.

1 Like

Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by atheistandproud(m): 11:26am On Nov 11, 2022
Grandmeister:
The reason I stayed away from glo. You give me 1gb for day browsing and 1gb for night. I exhaust my 1gb for day browsing and decide ok I’m going to wake up at night and do some internet stuff only to find out that the night data which I never used has also vanished?? Help me make sense out of this big criminality! After all said and done Mtn still remains the ‘better evil’ out of all of them.

MTN? Which MTN? This MTN?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFw-wOP7OpY
Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by Grandmeister(m): 12:46pm On Nov 11, 2022
atheistandproud:

MTN? Which MTN? This MTN?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFw-wOP7OpY
Nothing you wan tell me, in terms of data transparency Mtn is better than glo and Airtel.

1 Like

Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by Elxandre(m): 8:38am On Nov 12, 2022
Tokskob2008:
They are all thieves but I think airtel is worse, 1.2gb couldn't even download a 50mb file completely before they sent the "200mb data balance". It's like they use a triple mouthed straw to suck it each time the data is on.
Are you sure you didn't share data to someone in the past?
That is adding a number to your list of data sharers.

(1) (2) (Reply)

0700 Prefix Numbers / Upgrade Android Apps To Premium Free / Hands-on : First Impressions With Tecno Boom J7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.