Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,716 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) (38487 Views)

President Tinubu & Sanwo-Olu Inaugurate Lagos Red Line Train / Ibrahim Maqari On Deborah Samuel: Muslims Have Red Line That Must Not Be Crossed / APGA Campaign Tour Train Arrives Onitsha South LGA (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) by diplomat058(m): 7:59am On Nov 09, 2022
frank14011991:
Please Hawking of gala and fanyogo is not allowed

If I didn't hawk fanyogo in my street hustling years, I wouldn't probably be where I am today. Stop ridiculing hustlers pls. You can focus on the fake developers alone

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) by ogunsbanjul(m): 8:03am On Nov 09, 2022
Funny enough a guy in my place is really dreaming of relocating to Lagos State. He said he is tired of the fake informations his people (from the region you know without mentioning it) is spreading about. He said and I quote " my brothers will come with huge amount of money spending it during Christmas season and burial and still they keep telling us Lagos is worse than their entire region and every bad things". My dear fellow Nigerians the rest is history
Lagos leads other states learn. They are learning because non of them can follow or else they will mortgage the state for life. Genesis 12 vs 3

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) by Didijiji: 8:14am On Nov 09, 2022
Bodmum:
even coaster bus is longer than thiz, Nigeria.
Appreciate good things

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) by damkin24(m): 8:16am On Nov 09, 2022
sulaak:

After how many years?

You are thanking people for doing their job. They are using the project as a political instrument
If they don't do at you wail.... now they are doing something you still wail stylishly

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) by Munamoqel: 8:19am On Nov 09, 2022
idealogical:
Lagos State Red line train arrives NRC Yard,Alagomeji
if na obi instead of rail he will claim he save the train money and people should manage donkeys ! Since he saving for the future .

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) by greatman247(m): 8:27am On Nov 09, 2022
idealogical:
Seems both the red and blue lines will be ready around the same time.

This is huge for Lagos and Lagosians..

This is not what you think it is! They are playing politics with everything. I'm very sure they are speeding up the project to convince Lagosians and Nigerians and then force Tinubu on Nigerians considering the damage the Buhari and APC govt have done already! Silly people, thinking everyone is a slowpoke and everyone can be cajoled

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) by Indispensable85(m): 8:29am On Nov 09, 2022
Lagos country! The only working state in Nigeria.
Re: Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) by frozen70(f): 8:30am On Nov 09, 2022
Sammy07:

Red line will be pass different route
Blue line will pass different route

There's also provision for
Orange line
Purple line
Green line etc

I think about 10 lines

Thanks dear for the explanation
Re: Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) by tamdun: 8:31am On Nov 09, 2022
sulaak:

After how many years?

You are thanking people for doing their job. They are using the project as a political instrument
How many ur state get?

Re: Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) by gentility411(m): 8:33am On Nov 09, 2022
smile11s:
Shouldn't There Be A National Recognition Or Award For Professors And Authors Like Prof. Pius Nwankwo (PN) Okeke? He Is The Author Of The Demystified Physics Textbook, 'PN Okeke'.

https://gist.am/q/shouldnt-there-be-a-national-recognition-or-award-for-professors-and-authors-li

Mehn。。。。。。any science student dat passed through d secondary school system in Nigeria,must in a way or the Other be acquainted with dis mans textbook。 Bak den apart from foreign physics textbook,his textbook was d only Nigerian textbook I guess we use to demistify d difficult subject of physics。 I second d statement ,it is an award well overdue

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) by TheSameGuy(m): 8:41am On Nov 09, 2022
Be disgracing yourself on internet
Bodmum:

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) by trantayo: 8:46am On Nov 09, 2022
Tinubu political enemies would not like this good news especially those from toxic region.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) by Kingzeez10: 8:48am On Nov 09, 2022
sulaak:

After how many years?

Which one your state governor do? Oni yeye
Re: Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) by mikeapollo: 8:49am On Nov 09, 2022
idealogical:

It is not the acquisition of machines that is the main deal. The main deal is long-term maintenance!
Can we maintain these for the next 30-50 years time? Where are the expert engineers to maintain these things!
Any country can mobilize finance to acquire any machine or equipment in this world. But it takes consistency in good systems, attitude, discipline, planning, political stability, competence, management etc to maintain such -this is where no one has been able to convince me.
But it is a good step!
Re: Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) by miqos02(m): 8:49am On Nov 09, 2022
frozen70:

Pls what's tge difference between red and blue line
operating routes
Re: Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) by Atlantis585: 8:50am On Nov 09, 2022
lexylaw40:
keep wailing

Okay.
I will.
Thank you.
Re: Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) by richeeyo(m): 8:59am On Nov 09, 2022
Bodmum:
See illiterate
He doesn't know they join trains together
Children of hate

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) by Ayodeoba: 9:00am On Nov 09, 2022
greatman247:

This is not what you think it is! They are playing politics with everything. I'm very sure they are speeding up the project to convince Lagosians and Nigerians and then force Tinubu on Nigerians considering the damage the Buhari and APC govt have done already! Silly people, thinking everyone is a slowpoke and everyone can be cajoled
even if it is so,they ought to be commended,they have really tried
Re: Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) by seguno2: 9:01am On Nov 09, 2022
idealogical:

Please what is the same time? Next week? Next month? Next year? Or next never seeing how Tinubu and his minions have been talking about the light rail being ready for the past 22 years without moving any Lagosian with it even though billions of dollars loans, guaranteed by the federal government have disappeared into thin air.

Lagos light rail’ll be ready in June – Fashola
January 9, 2013

The Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola on Tuesday said the first phase of the state Blue Light Rail project would be completed by June this year(2013).

He expressed confidence that Lagosians would start enjoying the services of the rail project immediately.

The first phase would run from Marina and terminated at Okokomaiko area in Ojo Local Government.

Fashola spoke during an inspection of ongoing projects in the state which took him and his cabinet members to Orile-Iganmu, Alimosho and Ejigbo areas among others to assess the level of works being done by contractors.

The governor, who inaugurated the trackwork of the blue light rail at Alaba Suru, Coker-Agunda Local Council Development Area, said the level of work on the road and those of the National Theatre and Alaba-Mile 2 rail stations, would ensure early completion

He said, “In order to finish the project, the contractor did not go on vacation during the festive period. This will ensure that the project is delivered on time for the use of Lagosians.

“The first section of this rail, which started from National Theatre, Orile-Iganmu to Mile 2 Bus Stop, would be fully completed with the tracks laid.

“Construction work will continue on the project from Orile-Iganmu to Marina, the expansion work on the road from Mile 2 to Okokomaiko will also be intensified.

“This is what we do with the loan collected by the government. We don’t use our loan to pay salaries and other recurrent expenditure, what we do with our loan is to provide capital projects that would serve the residents.

“When the project is completed, the state would be at par with other major cities of the world.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-light-railll-be-ready-in-june-fashola/

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/114370-lagos-light-rail-project-to-be-ready-in-june-fashola.html
Re: Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) by MissLeslie(m): 9:01am On Nov 09, 2022
Other Governors should think out of box, find means of generating IGR to develop their state rather than depending of FG. Kudos to Lagos state
Re: Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) by seguno2: 9:05am On Nov 09, 2022
Ayodeoba:
even if it is so,they ought to be commended,they have really tried

Yes o they have really tried in the eyes of suffering and smiling burden bearers of the a-looter continua by Tinubu & co since 1999. Thankfully not everyone is happy to be in the suffering and smiling group. Thankfully so.

SB2020:
Interesting facts about Addis Ababa and Lagos light rail projects.

Addis Ababa / Lagos
Cost == $475Million / $1.2Billion
Length == 34km / 27km
Time to Complete == 4years / 7years (projected)
Year Awarded == 2011 / 2008 (Construction began 2010)
Contractor == China Railway Eng. Corp (CREC) /Chinese Civil Eng. Constr. Coy (CCECC)
Population == 5Million / 20Million
GDP == $50Billion (Ethiopia) / $100Billion (Est.) (Nigeria - $535B)

Ethiopia has managed to deliver Sub-Saharan Africa’s first modern light rail project which opened in the capital Addis Ababa on Sunday, and in the process, beat Lagos whose own rail project remains four years behind schedule.

Ethiopia’s rail project was delivered on time, despite its being longer than the Lagos – Badagry rail line currently under construction.

Addis Ababa’s two line 34-kilometre system was built by the China Railway Engineering Corporation (CREC) and cost $475m, 85 percent of which has been covered by China’s Exim bank. The Lagos Light Rail Project or Blue on Badagry Expressway, was to have 13 stations from Okokomaiko to Marina via Iddo for a total of 27 kilometres.

The contract was awarded to the Chinese Civil Engineering Construction Company (CCECC) at the cost of $1.2 billion in 2008, and was to be delivered in 2011. Survey work took one year between August 2009 and August 2010 while construction began July 2010.

The work is being implemented using the public and private partnership (PPP) model, whereby the state builds the infrastructure and the private sector provides the rolling stock and management. However, the project has not worked out according to the plan.
The 2011 deadline was missed, even though the State government got a loan to fund the project.

Source
http://businessdayonline.com/2015/09/addis-ababa-beats-lagos-to-light-rail-as-construction-delays-mount/
Re: Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) by seguno2: 9:07am On Nov 09, 2022
MissLeslie:
Other Governors should think out of box, find means of generating IGR to develop their state rather than depending of FG. Kudos to Lagos state

Kudos for propaganda and lies? Or kudos for what? Abi how many people are being carried daily already on the phantom train since Tinubu talked about it 22 years ago
Re: Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) by seguno2: 9:10am On Nov 09, 2022
greatman247:

You are not just a great man sir, you are also a wise man.
Thanks for sharing your wisdom with us and may God help you to continue the hard work of enlightening everyone with your wisdom for the liberation of Lagos and our country from Jagbajantis Ogbeni Ojuyobo, the Asiwaju agberos.
Re: Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) by Ayodeoba: 9:12am On Nov 09, 2022
seguno2:

Yes o they have really tried in the eyes of suffering and smiling burden bearers of the a-looter continua by Tinubu & co since 1999. Thankfully not everyone is happy to be in the suffering and smiling group. Thankfully so.

just say,you re suffering but not all of us,lagos state had really performed wonderfully and ought to be commended.
We understand people like you are always praying for bad occurrence and you always get sober when good things happens,but my advice for you is,life is not a Dick,stop taking it hard
Re: Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) by Pascal9: 9:18am On Nov 09, 2022
How much is brt in Lagos, stop this nonsense, upon the fact that it is modified molue, yet the poor masses can't afford it.
Re: Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) by Glink2018(m): 9:20am On Nov 09, 2022
Bodmum:

Train is always in batches...you saw just one of the batch, you stupidly brought out your ignoramus mentality....even in London and New York we have two batches of trains. It all boils down to several passengers that have been speculated in that axis...

I know staying in the nyamiri region all through your life has beclouded your sense of good judgement...

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) by kay4kay: 9:40am On Nov 09, 2022
sonofthunder:

How many commuters can they convey daily ?

Re: Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) by slimfit1(m): 9:49am On Nov 09, 2022
It looks like people can't read it says pumping station, how do you want a pumping station to look like?
Re: Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) by adonaimart(m): 9:53am On Nov 09, 2022
Nice, I pray de do t allow it to rot there o
Re: Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) by frozen70(f): 10:11am On Nov 09, 2022
miqos02:
operating routes

Ok thanks
Re: Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) by sonofthunder: 10:29am On Nov 09, 2022
kay4kay:

That would be a lot.

I doubt that's possible. Hope you not using me to learn sacarsm.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Does Buhari Have A University Degree? / Ex-amnesty Boss, Kuku Releases Surgery Photos, Says He Left N5.3b In Account / Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.