Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,059 members, 7,828,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

I Regret Becoming An Athiest - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Regret Becoming An Athiest (1389 Views)

Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? / Why You Should Not Take The Pascal's Wager And Become An Athiest / Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Becoming An Athiest by Maynnmaan: 8:42pm On Nov 09, 2022
Jackanda1:
Thats why i did not bother to reply the guy. There is nothing an athiest would say to me that i dont already know.

You don’t even know what “atheist” means.
Hope you know that a satanist is a “theist” like you.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Becoming An Athiest by LegalWolf: 8:54pm On Nov 09, 2022
The argument reproduced below:
Wilgrea7:

I have no qualms with your conversion to Christianity. But if you're going to present a story like this, then expect it to be scrutinized.

I don't mean to pull a no true Scotsman fallacy here, but I'm really beginning to doubt your claims of being “an atheist"

You claimed to have engaged with atheistic ideas here on nairaland, which led you to resist "God and his word". And then you went on to tell your mom that God doesn't exist.

So let me start from there.

a) You've failed to define atheism correctly right off the bat. Atheism lacks belief in a God. It doesn't assert that God, whatever it is, does not exist. That has never been the default view in atheism.

Saying you don't believe in something, and saying something doesn't exist are 2 different things. Some atheists may say the latter, but that isn't based on anything atheism itself is supposed to be.

b) Now, you've successfully denied God as you claim. And you had “spiritual attacks"... What in the spiritual attack gave you the impression that the Christian God, rather than the muslim or Hindu one was the real God?

You hinge your conversion story on things you deem spiritual, like demonic manifestation, and attacks, and yet you refuse to shed more light on them.

What gave you the impression that the “spiritual" is evidence of the Christian God, rather than one of the other several thousand Gods in existence?

And finally, what “arguments" did you engage with that led you to the idea that God, whatever it is, does not exist?

And these points stated here:
Wilgrea7:

I've not met a single honest atheist that claims they are “intelligent" or “knowledgeable" about the universe. So i don't know where you're getting this idea from.

If you reject the idea of Allah, and Mohamed as his prophet, then jin is covering your eyes. If yoi reject the idea of Horus, or Krishna, then their respective “demonic" entities are covering your eyes.

Are all valid arguments. Although I am a Muslim, and would not want to delve extensively in subjective conversations like this, however, we must keep engaging delusional people like TenQ that their version of faith they so forceful push cannot stand the test of logic.

Again, while we share differ in opinion, I confess to the strength of your logic!

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Becoming An Athiest by Jackanda1(m): 8:59pm On Nov 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. What has "sin unto death - perish-in-the-grave" to do with one who claims to be alive(eternal) in Jesus Christ abeg? undecided

2. God's mercy is poured out on everyone in the world - even on the wicked and the ungrateful- daily. There is no one that God has not helped in this lifetime. The very breath of life that courses through your vein belongs to God and so God helps even those who seek medical help rather than voodoo help or your deliverance rituals every single day. undecided
In 1John8:16,17.
The sin unto death refers to spiritual death not physical death. It's a sin commited by a christian brother.

How is prayers in the name of Jesus voodoo and deliverance rituals?
Re: I Regret Becoming An Athiest by Jackanda1(m): 9:00pm On Nov 09, 2022
Maynnmaan:

So you're a satanist? undecided
Re: I Regret Becoming An Athiest by Maynnmaan: 9:04pm On Nov 09, 2022
Jackanda1:
So you're a satanist? undecided

That’s what you could comprehend, theist? undecided

Re: I Regret Becoming An Athiest by TenQ: 9:24pm On Nov 09, 2022
LegalWolf:
The argument reproduced below:

And these points stated here:

Are all valid arguments. Although I am a Muslim, and would not want to delve extensively in subjective conversations like this, however, we must keep engaging delusional people like TenQ that their version of faith they so forceful push cannot stand the test of logic.

Again, while we share differ in opinion, I confess to the strength of your logic!

Sorry for my poor logic and Thank you.
At least my own role model is not one
1. Who is so debased as to covet and marry the only wife of his adopted son and thereafter abolished the law of adoption because people were grumbling.
2. Who is pedophilic and married a six year old girl so that he can perform despicable sexual acts on her.
3. Who is so treacherous to became the enemy of the same Christians who protected him while the Meccans sought to kill him while he had little power.
4. Who (or his Allah) claimed he doesn't know what will befall him or the Muslims who follow him and promised that all Muslims would enter the fire (only that allah will use christians to ransom them)
5. Who claimed he's a messanger of Allah, but he has the power to abrogate the laws of Allah
6. Who's picture of paradise is one that sounds exactly as satan would have tempted vile men. Brothels, Booze, Endless erection, several perpetual virgins,. ..

One can go on and on. No wonder, his people are the wildest in the whole world. If they are not ISIS, they would be Al-qeda, if not they are Bokoharam, if not they are LegalWolf (same character)

You can see why I apologize to you that I am not having your kind of Logic.

The OP spoke some heart touching words: he needs healing if you can not find helpful words for him, don't derail his thread.

Thanks!

No need to respond as I wouldn't join matter with you on this thread!
Re: I Regret Becoming An Athiest by Kobojunkie: 9:25pm On Nov 09, 2022
Jackanda1:
1. The sin unto death refers to spiritual death not physical death. It's a sin commited by a christian brother.

2. How is prayers in the name of Jesus voodoo and deliverance rituals?
1. I am afraid you are wrong. You cannot become spiritually dead again afraid you have been born-again. That claim holds no meaning since even those who will all end up in Eternal damnation(Hellfire) are all spiritually alive - they all possess eternal life as a result of being born-again. undecided

Jesus Christ made it abundantly clear that He came to save and not to condemn so there is no way for a one who has been born-again to be returned to the previous state. undecided

2. Jesus Christ made it abundantly clear in His teachings that God does not answer prayers of the hypocritical kind - those which are not as He commands - Matthew 6 vs 6 - 15. It is not in using the name of Jesus Christ that your prayers are answered by God. Instead it is in the obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ that you honor God and He then answers your prayers. undecided
Re: I Regret Becoming An Athiest by kingxsamz(m): 9:55pm On Nov 09, 2022
Jackanda1:
If you're an athiest reading this, you might feel you are intelligent, rational and knowledgeable about the universe. You might honestly reject the ideas of God and spirituality as foolish and irrational, but it's just the devil covering your eyes (with your consent) until the D-day.

1corinthians1:18
For the message of God is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Lol, it's foolishness and it'll always be what it is, foolishness.
Pesin wey life show shege con dey find god wey e go serve so problems go end. grin
As if both unbelievers and believers are not facing the same thing.
Abeg. grin

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Becoming An Athiest by LegalWolf: 10:01pm On Nov 09, 2022
TenQ:

At least my own role model is not one
1. Who is so debased as to covet and marry the only wife of his adopted son and thereafter abolished the law of adoption because people were grumbling.
2. Who is pedophilic and married a six year old girl so that he can perform despicable sexual acts on her.
3. Who is so treacherous to became the enemy of the same Christians who protected him while the Meccans sought to kill him while he had little power.
4. Who (or his Allah) claimed he doesn't know what will befall him or the Muslims who follow him and promised that all Muslims would enter the fire (only that allah will use christians to ransom them)
5. Who claimed he's a messanger of Allah, but he has the power to abrogate the laws of Allah
6. Who's picture of paradise is one that sounds exactly as satan would have tempted vile men. Brothels, Booze, Endless erection, several perpetual virgins,. ..

One can go on and on. No wonder, his people are the wildest in the whole world. If they are not ISIS, they would be Al-qeda, if not they are Bokoharam, if not they are LegalWolf (same character)

You can see why I apologize to you that I am not having your kind of Logic.

The OP spoke some heart touching words: he needs healing if you can not find helpful words for him, don't derail his thread.

Thanks!

No need to respond as I wouldn't join matter with you on this thread!

This is exactly the same reason I called you delusional. You would not respond not because you don't want to but because you are a shameless, Ignoble, and morally bankrupt liar. If we call you to establish your claims now, you would drop lies again...is the old war criminal called yhwh proud of you?

1 Like

Re: I Regret Becoming An Athiest by Jackanda1(m): 10:26pm On Nov 09, 2022
TenQ:

[i]At least my own role model is not one
6. Who's picture of paradise is one that sounds exactly as satan would have tempted vile men. Brothels, Booze, Endless erection, several perpetual virgins
wotoporiously grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Regret Becoming An Athiest by Dtruthspeaker: 2:10am On Nov 10, 2022
zeuss:

Definitely i have seen it...and i tell you that you need to study your bible and be christ like....move on from the old testament and enjoy the fruits of the new .... All fomrer things of sin is passed u begin to enjoy all thing that go with grace

1 John 1:9

Matthew 6:14

Hebrews 12:17 is what you call new testament.
Re: I Regret Becoming An Athiest by Jackanda1(m): 6:06am On Nov 10, 2022
kingxsamz:

Pesin wey life show shege con dey find god wey e go serve so problems go end. grin
Abeg. grin
Ofcourse we all face challenges in life, its ok. The bible predicts that believers would face even more struggles. The worst challenge you could ever have is the challenge of resisting God and leaving this world without accepting him.
Re: I Regret Becoming An Athiest by osmobil5(m): 7:49am On Nov 10, 2022
Jackanda1:
I was only making fun of his 'smart questions'.

How do you know and love GOD without his help? I started attending church, reading the bible and listening to preaching, but it seems my faith is dead. The word of GOD hasn't gotten to my spirit yet. It frustrating.
There are many true believers, whose spirit has not drenched the word of God....it doesn't make them less of believers.....instead they are encouraged to keep studying and meditating.

Nothing happens immediately.....even if it takes 10years for you to realise your faith in Christ is intact, it shouldn't bother you.

Remember you left University (your strong Christian belief) and joined kindargaten (total unbelief)...so you need know that it will take a long time to climb back to the university status again bro..

Thank God for your life nwanne
Re: I Regret Becoming An Athiest by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:24am On Nov 10, 2022
Keep seeking God, with time you will be spiritually restored. The delay in having spiritual restoration might even be a "test" on your patience and sincerity in returning to God.
Re: I Regret Becoming An Athiest by MP3GAGAdotCOM(f): 9:40am On Nov 10, 2022
My brother! Do not let the devil accuse you any further, so long as you have regretted ur actions and asked God for forgiveness, believe me, you have been forgiven, don't let it be in your head because is the enemy that's just messing with you. All you have to do is to establish a strong personal relationship with JESUS CHRIST, He will reactivate the fellowship of the Holy Spirit within you..

Stay Blessed.
Re: I Regret Becoming An Athiest by seetomorrow: 10:09am On Nov 10, 2022
Jackanda1:
In 2014 my internet adventure and quest for knowledge exposed me to athiest ideas on nairaland. My consistency in digesting this ideas led me to resist God and his word.

Before then, i was born again and had experienced the spiritual, but some how, i started intepreting all of those as allucination and mental chemistry.

In my arogance, i took sides with man and the devil and rejected the giver of life. I can remember telling my Mum that God doesn't exist and she almost collapsed, that was how hard i fell.

Few years later, have had several spiritual attacks and demonic manifestation (that i would not discuss here) that has convinced me about the existence of the spiritual.

The point is that, i regret my actions and i wish to get back with God, but it seems difficult. My sin consciousness is death, the bible no longer makes sense, i have prayed and cried, but on the inside it feels dead and i know i have not been accepted.

I Know the Holy Spirit left me when i started resisting God. Is there hope?

I
Give me your number here and your problems are over. I assure you through God.
Re: I Regret Becoming An Athiest by Jackanda1(m): 11:33am On Nov 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Hebrews 12:17 is what you call new testament.
That scripture fear me die. embarassed

When i started to nod my head to comments from athiest on this forum, it was like charm.

Till tomorrow, i'm shocked that a mere athiest could convince a child of God like me. embarassed

I messed up terribly. I wish i could read God's mind right now to know my fate.
Re: I Regret Becoming An Athiest by Jackanda1(m): 11:53am On Nov 10, 2022
MP3GAGAdotCOM:
My brother! Do not let the devil accuse you any further,so long as you have regretted ur actions and asked God for forgiveness, believe me, you have been forgivn, don't let it be in your head because is the enemy that's just messing with you. All you have to do is to establish a strong personal relationship with JESUS CHRIST, He will reactivate the fellowship of the Holy Spirit within you..

Stay Blessed.
Thanks.The primary factor that connects us to God is faith. Faith gives us acess to salvation, forgiveness,healing and other blessings including helping us accept the Bible like a child.

Faith is a force from the spirit of God.

I Know i have lost faith, because i have cried and prayed on the mental and physical side, but in my heart, there is no connection with God again, its death.
Even when i had spiritual attacks, i cried to God out of fear, nothing happened until some church pple prayd for me.
I have lost the peace of GOD.
Re: I Regret Becoming An Athiest by terrezo2002(m): 12:19pm On Nov 10, 2022
Jackanda1:

When i started to nod my head to comments from athiest on this forum, it was like charm.

Till tomorrow, i'm shocked that a mere athiest could convince a child of God like me. embarassed

It takes time brother. You are special to God that's why. Your only prayer should be a sincere cry for mercy. It might take a long time before the Holy spirit returns. A lot of people like you had to make a vow to God not to reject Him again before He comes. I am not saying yet it must be like that. Don't give up. There is nothing worse than seperation from God. That was what made Jesus cried on the cross.
1. Avoid responding to those satanic agents posing to be atheists.
2. Avoid arguments. A lot of agents are here. Even those who claim to be Christians.
3. Go back to the very basics of Christianity. Learn with children. This will help you. It may sound funny. Until you are humble and broken, salvation will not come. The Spirit of God wants you to be like a child. You could go to your children department in your church. If they tell you you aren't supposed to be there, tell them you are being led to be there. Take this seriously and you will find what you seek. May the Lord grant you grace.
Re: I Regret Becoming An Athiest by MP3GAGAdotCOM(f): 1:15pm On Nov 10, 2022
Jackanda1:
Thanks.The primary factor that connects us to God is faith. Faith gives us acess to salvation, forgiveness,healing and other blessings including helping us accept the Bible like a child.

Faith is a force from the spirit of God.

I Know i have lost faith, because i have cried and prayed on the mental and physical side, but in my heart, there is no connection with God again, its death.
Even when i had spiritual attacks, i cried to God out of fear, nothing happened until some church pple prayd for me.
I have lost the peace of GOD.
Believe me, you haven't lost anything... God said, "don't give up on me, because I will never give up on you". All the things you're experiencing are just in your head, they ain't real bro.
The enemy is just messing with you, besides, God doesn't rush His things, so don't think all of a sudden that the Holy Spirit will jump inside of you, it's not true bro, it's a gradual process, and may take months to happen.
Just know that God is aware of your existence and He doesn't keep malice with what He created. Study your Bible more often and don't be deceived by the devil that God is planning to harm you or will throw you into the grave for backsliding and coming back. JESUS CHRIST said it's not the will of the Father for any soul to perish. Except for the ones that voluntarily want theirs to perish, I guess you do not want that too..

Stay Blessed,
JESUS CHRIST Truly Cares..

1 Like

Re: I Regret Becoming An Athiest by Dtruthspeaker: 3:12pm On Nov 10, 2022
Jackanda1:

Hmm! You saw how God reacted to Adam, David, Samson, Balaam, Solomon, Aaron and Moses's error, the young prophets error, Judas Iscariot, Ananias and Sapphire, Esau etc.

The Lord does not change, hence this is one place where no one should take a risk against The Lord and gamble with their lives but these evils called atheists, will not let people be. They must push people to die as they know that they are going to die.

However, wisdom tells me that it is better to keep trying and pursuing The Lord for the rest of your life than to give up and continue in the paths of evil under The Law of "a living dog is better than a dead lion"
Re: I Regret Becoming An Athiest by Dtruthspeaker: 3:24pm On Nov 10, 2022
terrezo2002:
...There is nothing worse than seperation from God...

There is!

When God tags you His enemy and faces you to destroy like He did to Sodom and Gomo, Egypt, Canaan, Amelekites, (what those atheist call the lost civilisation of Sumeria and co), Babylon etc. O that's worse.
Re: I Regret Becoming An Athiest by terrezo2002(m): 3:30pm On Nov 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

There is!

When God tags you His enemy and faces you to destroy like He did to Sodom and Gomo, Egypt, Canaan, Amelekites, (what those atheist call the lost civilisation of Sumeria and co), Babylon etc. O that's worse.
I agree with you.
Re: I Regret Becoming An Athiest by Dtruthspeaker: 3:31pm On Nov 10, 2022
kingxsamz:

Abeg. grin

Yes, they are facing the same thing but God followers go home rejoicing with the good fruits while for you people, your problems and pains and sorrows increase.

Definitely, we have a gooder and better living.
Re: I Regret Becoming An Athiest by kingxsamz(m): 3:52pm On Nov 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Yes, they are facing the same thing but God followers go home rejoicing with the good fruits while for you people, your problems and pains and sorrows increase.

Definitely, we have a gooder and better living.

You dey Nigeria get mind talk this thing. grin grin grin grin
Gooder and better living indeed.
Abeg I no follow you argue. Anything wey you talk na true. I agree with you.
Normal person no dey argue "1+1=2" with mad man. grin

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Becoming An Athiest by Dtruthspeaker: 4:29pm On Nov 10, 2022
kingxsamz:

You dey Nigeria get mind talk this thing. grin grin grin grin
Gooder and better living indeed.
Abeg I no follow you argue. Anything wey you talk na true. I agree with you.
Normal person no dey argue "1+1=2" with mad man. grin

You no fit follow me argue for I dey dis Nigeria and I don talk am since 2019 wen I enter here say, e no go beta for una and for dis country, and anybodi wey no be God Own, even wen una pastors and politicians and people bin dey talk say e go betta.

So, vex, kill yourself, e no go still beta for una, but as I tell you den, I go still dey here wen una go dey lament and cry while me and my people go dey jolly jolly as God take talk.

So, go and die e no go still beta for una till d world end. God don Talk Am.grin
Re: I Regret Becoming An Athiest by kingxsamz(m): 4:39pm On Nov 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You no fit follow me argue for I dey dis Nigeria and I don talk am since 2019 wen I enter here say, e no go beta for una and for dis country, and anybodi wey no be God Own, even wen una pastors and politicians and people bin dey talk say e go betta.

So, vex, kill yourself, e no go still beta for una, but as I tell you den, I go still dey here wen una go dey lament and cry while me and my people go dey jolly jolly as God take talk.

So, go and die e no go still beta for una till d world end. God don Talk Am.grin

Okay boss, no wahala. I don hear you.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Becoming An Athiest by Jackanda1(m): 4:14pm On Nov 13, 2022
It would be nice if nlfpmod push a thread like this to frontpage. Mostly antichristian thread are seen on sundays.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Did Anyone Hear The Atheist On Radio Yesterday? (nigeria Info FM) / My God Is Better Than Yours! / One Good Thing Jesus Did?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.