Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,323 members, 7,842,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Facebook Fires 11,000 Employees - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Facebook Fires 11,000 Employees (203 Views)

Facebook (Meta) Sacks 21,000 Employees. Read Mark Zuckerberg's Message / Coronavirus: British Airways To Sack 12,000 Employees / Ecobank Promotes 1,000 Employees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Fires 11,000 Employees by altcoinng: 1:29pm On Nov 09, 2022
Mark Zuckerberg, the CEO of Meta, said that Facebook has decided to cut more than 11,000 jobs, or about 13% of its workforce while keeping its “long-term vision for the metaverse.”

The layoffs are part of a plan to cut losses. They come just a few weeks after a very bad earnings report showed that the metaverse division had lost more than $9.4 billion for the year.

In a letter to employees, Zuckerberg also said that spending will be cut at the social media company and that the hiring freeze will continue into next year.

Zuckerberg said that a macroeconomic downturn and losses in e-commerce “caused our revenue to be much lower than I’d expected.” To make up for this, the company has put more resources into a smaller number of high-priority growth areas, such as its AI discovery engine, its ads platform, and its push into the metaverse.

Meta has already cut off access to systems for fired employees, but they will be able to use their email addresses all day “so everyone can say goodbye.”

“I want to be responsible for these choices and how we got to this point,” he wrote. “I know this is hard for everyone, but I feel especially bad for those who have to deal with it.”

https://altcoin.ng/facebook-fires-11000-employees/
Re: Facebook Fires 11,000 Employees by Acidosis(m): 1:31pm On Nov 09, 2022
Is this man not wasting his money on this Metaverse thing?

AR is NOT the future!

(1) (Reply)

How To Start A Lead Generation Agency In 30 Days. / Do You Know That You Can Earn In Dollars With NFT?!! / Why You Need An Artiste Manager In 2023: Written By Amechi Okoli

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.