Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,419 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands (17126 Views)

Ikpeazu Condemns Destruction Of Farmlands In Bende By Herdsmen / Amotekun Arrests 42 Cows Over Alleged Destruction Of Farmlands In Ondo / Katsina: Bandits Sack 10 Communities, Displace 2000 Residents - Thisday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands by DamnnNiggarr: 3:21pm On Nov 09, 2022
Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands
About 10 villages in Minjibir local government area of Kano state have been sacked, with farmlands destroyed.

Eyewitnesses said the incident started when suspected herders reportedly released their animals to eat from farms full of crops that are yet to be harvested.

A witness said when the residents approached them, they resorted to attack the villagers and killed two people.

Daily Trust gathered that some of the villages attacked were Daurawa, Kuka Bakwai, Geza, Macinawa, and Kasakore.

Narrating how the incident happened, a relative of one of the victims killed, Idi Lawan, said his brother, Sunusi Usman, was stabbed to death.

“He went to his farm and found that his beans was eaten by their animals, when he approached them to complain about it, they stabbed him with an arrow and he died,” Lawan said.

Another victim, who survived the attack with injuries, said they found him at his farm.

“When I saw that their animals were eating from my groundnut, I asked them to move away. From there I didn’t know anything they just started stabbing me and look at my body now,” he said.

Another resident of one of the communities attacked, Basiru Dauda Kunya, told Daily Trust that the attackers had been disturbing the region since last year and that people got tired and decided to take action which led to a clash on Tuesday.

“People don’t sleep in these villages for long because of the fear of attacks on their farms and even their lives. The same incident happened last year, we can’t just fold our hands and watch them. Government should come in and rescue the situation before it become something else,” he said.

Residents barricaded the road leading to Babura in Jigawa state on Wednesday to protest against the development.

However, spokesman of the state police command, SP Abdullahi Haruna Kiyawa, who confirmed the incident, said, “Normalcy has since return in the area. One person died while receiving treatment in the hospital.

“While investigation has commenced into the matter, we have engaged Miyetti Allah and other stakeholders to resolve the crisis.”

https://dailytrust.com/gunmen-sack-10-kano-villages-destroy-farmlands

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands by DamnnNiggarr: 3:25pm On Nov 09, 2022
shocked

Bashir Ahmed doesn't care, as long as it didn't concern Peter Obi.

130 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands by kingharzy: 3:42pm On Nov 09, 2022
LOL...
Pathetic. God help us all.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands by smileyoo: 3:48pm On Nov 09, 2022
so sad. Fulani -herdsmen; the new tin gods of nigerians, spreading their unprovoked gospel of deaths and destructions, while the government of the day keep pacifying them, instead of punishing them, to checkmate their bloody criminalities.
I heard some nigerians are still shouting sai tinubu, in borno state, can someone asked them what they benefited from the sai baba they previously shouted in the past ?
some nigerians are even more clueless than these their clueless leaders .

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands by jamace(m): 5:48pm On Nov 09, 2022
One of the reasons Hausas must not vote for Atiku, a fulani man like Buhari. Atiku will not protect hausas interest.

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands by Godfullsam(m): 6:38pm On Nov 09, 2022
This is a fight between two brothers. I have nothing to say..

11 Likes

Re: Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands by Gkay1(m): 6:38pm On Nov 09, 2022
This herdsmen wahala is too much

6 Likes

Re: Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands by DropsMic(m): 6:38pm On Nov 09, 2022
I was in kano when Buhari was annouced as the winner of the 2019 election… If you see the way Kano people rejoiced eh, you’d think they all won the lottery… Make them dey enjoy their Buhari dey go. Sai baba

Modified**
Rest in peace to the dead.

99 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands by judetov2(m): 6:38pm On Nov 09, 2022
Nice
Re: Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands by Moferere: 6:39pm On Nov 09, 2022
Dem don collect dia next level undecided

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands by richidinho(m): 6:39pm On Nov 09, 2022
No matter what the kano residents will still be voting Atiku, a Fulani man

So its non of my business

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 09, 2022
If they were going to vote for Tinubu due to their Governor's Slave master influence then the Gunmen can kill them all, including those who were going to vote for Atiku because he's northerner, spare the rest who were going to VOTE WISELY

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands by Johnrake69: 6:39pm On Nov 09, 2022
Sad... The level of insecurity is so scary.

This is the only reason I will travel down to Delta to Vote Peter Obi of Labour Party. We can't take the risk of having same people continue with their jobs for the next four years.

People should actually be fired

23 Likes

Re: Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands by Bigchristo: 6:40pm On Nov 09, 2022
DamnnNiggarr:

If this keep happening and they keep voting for the same people in power to continue running the government then I don’t feel pity for them they deserve it

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 09, 2022
North? No problem.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands by seunayantokun(m): 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2022
Fulani killing Hausa and taking over their land?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands by Elliotwaveforec: 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2022
Mumu Hausas will still vote one of their oppressors, Atiku.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands by Owaincouncil: 6:42pm On Nov 09, 2022
It's a family matter. Let them settle it amicably so far I'm not affected.
PO is Ok

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands by headboyprince(m): 6:42pm On Nov 09, 2022
Buhari and Apc wants to finish the kontry completely. sad BUHARI MUST DIE angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands by ThiefnubuBandit(f): 6:42pm On Nov 09, 2022
post=118257212:
Deaths to all kidnappers, criminals, cannibals and terrorists in our nation.

If you support any of the aforementioned,
Brutal ends to you also.

Peace shall reign in our nation.

SHUT UP!!! YOU ARE SAYING RUBBISH.

10 Likes

Re: Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands by Johnrake69: 6:42pm On Nov 09, 2022
This should be stopped.

Vote wisely = Peter Obi of Labour Party

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:42pm On Nov 09, 2022
Deaths to all kidnappers, criminals, cannibals and terrorists in our nation.

If you support any of the aforementioned,
Brutal ends to you also.

Peace shall reign in our nation.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands by AFRICANJAMAICA: 6:42pm On Nov 09, 2022
Ok

This are soft spots..
The main cases are happening in south east...
Fulani are friendly
Re: Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands by Benitoh: 6:43pm On Nov 09, 2022
The soldiers are in the eastern villages burning down houses of the defenseless.

They're so scared of confronting their fellow comrades in arm, they attack and vent their anger on the innocent villagers.

12 Likes

Re: Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands by Truvelisback(m): 6:43pm On Nov 09, 2022
DropsMic:
I was in kano when Buhari was annouced as the winner of the 2019 election… If you see the way Kano people rejoiced eh, you’d think they all won the lottery… Make them dey enjoy their Buhari dey go. Sai baba
That means they deserve the consequence.

6 Likes

Re: Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands by dyera(m): 6:43pm On Nov 09, 2022
DropsMic:

The worst thing is that they are still planning to vote for the candidate Buhari campaigns for.

12 Likes

Re: Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands by onuman: 6:43pm On Nov 09, 2022
Importing people from Niger Republic by the Jihadists of Northern Nigeria is doing the damage. The target of the importers is annexing southern and middle belt regions of Nigeria to be governed with Islamic Sharia criminal justice system.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands by MondayOsunbor(m): 6:43pm On Nov 09, 2022
DamnnNiggarr:

watch as our armed forces go bone as always !

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands by Theunbothered: 6:44pm On Nov 09, 2022
Don't worry the government will use the NIN to fish out the criminals. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands by hisexcellency34: 6:44pm On Nov 09, 2022
Are the bandits not their fellow Muslim brothers?

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands by Onyenna(m): 6:44pm On Nov 09, 2022
This is getting outta hand

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Primary School Teacher Arrested For Raping 10-year-old Pupil In Cross River / Notorious Motorcycle Thief Arrested In Jigawa (Photo) / EFCC Arrests Impersonators Of Ibrahim Magu In Enugu (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.