Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,088 members, 7,828,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them (36719 Views)

Trump Under Fire From Within GOP After Midterms / US Midterms: 20.7 Million Votes Already Cast In Early Voting / A White Man Learns The Meaning Of "Maga" In Nigeria, Blasts Americans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them by Agunesinjaweola: 8:30pm On Nov 09, 2022
No Single Hausa Man �

Na only NNPC and CBN dem fit work and won't travel abroad.

1 Like

Re: US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them by viodemus: 8:40pm On Nov 09, 2022
Congratulations to the Nigerians (yorubas) elected.

On a side note: what are the igbos doing there? The yorubas are slowly but surely surpassing us in many fields, soon they will over pass us.

We (igbos) need to reset ourselves. We are a great people but we have let ego(pride), ignorance, and arrogance go away from our ways. The igbos, the well to do ones, in America and UK, are entangled with ignorance and arrogance.

The last time I was in America, I went to see a friend, so when I ordered an uber to leave, me and my friend were chatting in front of the yard but he decided to go get his phone from inside the house, not 1 minute after he went in, an uber pulled up to drop someone off, it turned out to be his aunty that was just coming from Nigeria, I didn't know that at the time; The uber driver came out, went to the boot(trunk) and offloaded her luggage, am like good afternoon ma, she just raised her voice and said carry all these in the house, na him I look her foolish mouth, I just lock up dey wait for my uber which was 2 mins to arrival. My guy comot outside, hail the woman, then carry the two luggage enter house, I no even look the foolish woman again. My guy cun dey say, you know how nigerians are, they think they can play boss with anyone dem meet wey be Nigerian. A very arrogant igbo woman.

Then, there is the issue of when i went to the restaurant in America, another group of igbo people were having some kind of meeting, the ghanian server has served them well with all their arrogant demand like bringing bowl for them to wash hand, when it was written on many places there that, the sink is open for anyone trying to wash their hands; and those people were very close to the sink, like 3 steps to the sink on that lane. After they finished, no tip, no thank you, no anything. A very wicked set of wicked igbos that day. I had to give the guy some money on their behalf because I was ashamed of their arrogance and stupidity.

Even all these househelp wickedness is mostly us.

We igbos need to gain traction on multi front positivity soon, and rekindle the igbo spirit of humility, knowledge, and grit.

1 Like

Re: US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them by Glink2018(m): 8:42pm On Nov 09, 2022
Sleyk:

One thing idiots forgot to understand is that "crime knows no tribe" but idiots keeps on displaying their idiocy by playing and being tribal bigotry.

One things that imbecilic and crack-brained forgot to understand is that an average Yiibo person thinks about how to dupe and rob people where he finds himself or herself....for example..around last year, some.gang of Yiibo thieves travelled to Dubai to thief....forgetting that Dubai is not like Nigeria......

Nyamiri and the thief are inseparable

2 Likes

Re: US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them by learnedJAMES(m): 8:49pm On Nov 09, 2022
Congratulations to all the Nigerian American that are doing us proud, they should continue to partnership with us to fix Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them by Anndrew(m): 9:01pm On Nov 09, 2022
Kingcalls:
No single northerner....but here in this damn country, na dem de rule us...no wonder the country is a mess
na the Southerner be bastard nah..
Re: US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them by ostartruth: 9:10pm On Nov 09, 2022
Yoruba and Igbo winning elections in other people's country.

But when u come to Nigeria, you LL here I can't vote for Obi because he is an Igbo and not a Muslim.

Tufiakwa for this country

1 Like

Re: US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them by Karnice600: 9:12pm On Nov 09, 2022
HonNL:

SOURCE

SOURCE

This is what China can never give to the world; diversity and inclusiveness, with the liberty for self expression .
Re: US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them by aestake: 9:48pm On Nov 09, 2022
ostartruth:
Yoruba and Igbo winning elections in other people's country.

But when u come to Nigeria, you LL here I can't vote for Obi because he is an Igbo and not a Muslim.

Tufiakwa for this country
It's a dead country.
Re: US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them by Blitzerz: 9:50pm On Nov 09, 2022
cococandy:

You’re surprised because?

You believe there’s a world in which the Republican Party will really support immigrants to win elections and possible make changes to the system that will positively affect brown and black communities? Lol

When they are fear mongering to their base about the great replacement theory?
Do you know the party among them that supported slavery?
Re: US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them by Abdoolyabo: 11:57pm On Nov 09, 2022
Kingcalls:
No single northerner....but here in this damn country, na dem de rule us...no wonder the country is a mess

I think the northerner leading the United Nations in addition to the immediate past president of UN General Assembly are from Anambra, right?
Re: US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them by cococandy(f): 11:58pm On Nov 09, 2022
Blitzerz:

Do you know the party among them that supported slavery?
I know. And then they decamped to the Republican side. Know your facts before also me questions.

1 Like

Re: US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them by tctrills: 12:47am On Nov 10, 2022
saxywale2:
It's a WAWU. They are all DEMOCRATS

Obama white house interns vs Trump white house interns below:
You guys always see race in everything. Under Trump, America had the lowest black unemployment in 50 years. Which is more important, a white house with blacks or jobs for blacks? Make your choice.

1 Like

Re: US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them by okito: 2:03am On Nov 10, 2022
Just imagine if Northern Nigeria was separate from Southern Nigeria, Buhari would have no one to congratulate!!!
Re: US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them by cococandy(f): 4:15am On Nov 10, 2022
tctrills:

You guys always see race in everything. Under Trump, America had the lowest black unemployment in 50 years. Which is more important, a white house with blacks or jobs for blacks? Make your choice.
definitely not by his doing but by the effects of policies put in place by his successor.

And yes there’s race in everything

1 Like

Re: US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them by saxywale2: 5:20am On Nov 10, 2022
tctrills:

If only economics was that easy. Trump can only fool people that are unintelligent.

The unemployment rate had been falling for long before Trump took office, and their declines don't appear to have picked up speed. This implies that there's nothing specific that Trump did to change this rate.

These rates (all races inclusive) have been falling relatively steadily since around 2010, early in President Obama's tenure in the White House. The country was just coming out of a recession plus low interest rate environment - quantitative easing - fall in unemployment rate.

1 Like

Re: US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them by Calpam01: 7:01am On Nov 10, 2022
Congratulations!
Re: US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them by GreyBlood: 7:23am On Nov 10, 2022
tyinfinity:
Only one OSU in America .America does not want to vote any OSU into elective position.We Nigerians do not want OSU Peter Obi God forbid.not Aso rock but evil forest
Are you a BOT or what? Everything you wrote is about Osu Peter Obi; even topics very different from Politics you still go there to wrote same thing. Take a look at these screen shots of your posts:

Re: US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them by Kingcalls: 7:46am On Nov 10, 2022
Abdoolyabo:

I think the northerner leading the United Nations in addition to the immediate past president of UN General Assembly are from Anambra, right?

Just cos their names were sent by this fulani government...
Re: US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them by makizee(m): 11:50am On Nov 10, 2022
Kingcalls:

Did you also consider that Northerners are the lowest when it comes to emigrating out of this country, NNPC and other juicy Federal jobs sure for them.
Re: US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them by tctrills: 12:05pm On Nov 10, 2022
saxywale2:

If only economics was that easy. Trump can only fool people that are unintelligent.

The unemployment rate had been falling for long before Trump took office, and their declines don't appear to have picked up speed. This implies that there's nothing specific that Trump did to change this rate.

These rates (all races inclusive) have been falling relatively steadily since around 2010, early in President Obama's tenure in the White House. The country was just coming out of a recession plus low interest rate environment - quantitative easing - fall in unemployment rate.

So clearly Trump's presidency was great for blacks as unemployment fell even much further than in the Obama times. You did not need blacks in the white house to make this happen.
Now let's look at another stat. A more important stat called real household income.

In Trump's 4 years, real household income rose by 6.8% despite the pandemic and the lockdowns. It rose from $66,657 to $71,186.

Under Biden, despite the vaccines, the ending of lockdowns, so many blacks in his government, and trillions added to the economy, families have gotten poorer. Real household income has fallen to $70,784.

To put this into perspective, the 16 years of Bush and Obama combined. Real household income rose from $66,248 to $66,657. Families saw much bigger gains under Trump. So my question is, do you need blacks in the Whitehouse or more money in your pocket? For me, I would take money in my pocket.

I would be happy to compare the economy under any of the so-called black-loving presidents to that of Trump.
Re: US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them by saxywale2: 3:03pm On Nov 10, 2022
tctrills:

So clearly Trump's presidency was great for blacks as unemployment fell even much further than in the Obama times. You did not need blacks in the white house to make this happen.
Now let's look at another stat. A more important stat called real household income.

In Trump's 4 years, real household income rose by 6.8% despite the pandemic and the lockdowns. It rose from $66,657 to $71,186.

Under Biden, despite the vaccines, the ending of lockdowns, so many blacks in his government, and trillions added to the economy, families have gotten poorer. Real household income has fallen to $70,784.

To put this into perspective, the 16 years of Bush and Obama combined. Real household income rose from $66,248 to $66,657. Families saw much bigger gains under Trump. So my question is, do you need blacks in the Whitehouse or more money in your pocket? For me, I would take money in my pocket.

I would be happy to compare the economy under any of the so-called black-loving presidents to that of Trump.

Still economics. My last post on this thread.

There is quantitative tightening under Biden while there was quantitative easing under Trump.
When you keep reducing interest rate (to enforce cheap credit) as we saw in the case of trump, the economy will continue to heat up and it becomes an employees market. Employers would offer higher wages to keep or hire people in a tight market, and this will eventually bring about Inflation. Inflation would bite much harder into those increased wages. People will feel poorer even with high wages than they were before the increase in wages. A correction is now taking place. Enjoy the ride if you are American.

Picture 1 and 2: sept 2019 before Covid
Picture 3: Flushing the economy with more money
Picture 4: Enormous amount of money pumped into the economy to create a "mirage" prosperity.

3 Likes

Re: US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them by Blitzerz: 3:20pm On Nov 10, 2022
cococandy:
I know. And then they decamped to the Republican side. Know your facts before also me questions.
Who decamped?
Stop deceiving yourself
Re: US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them by tctrills: 5:20pm On Nov 10, 2022
saxywale2:

There is quantitative tightening under Biden while there was quantitative easing under Trump.
When you keep reducing interest rate (to enforce cheap credit) as we saw in the case of trump, the economy will continue to heat up and it becomes an employees market. Employers would offer higher wages to keep or hire people in a tight market, and this will eventually bring about Inflation. Inflation would bite much harder into those increased wages. People will feel poorer even with high wages than they were before the increase in wages. A correction is now taking place. Enjoy the ride if you are American.

Picture 4: Enormous amount of money pumped into the economy to create a "mirage" prosperity.

Let's begin with your graph national debt. It shows a uniform growth from Obama to Trump and then an accelerated growth only during the pandemic.
The great Biden has continued to accelerate the debt despite the many blacks in his government.

Your argument about the interest rate is faulty. Switzerland has negative interest rate yet they suffer from deflation not inflation.

Also interest rate was very low under Obama. The only reason rates are going high is to curb the inflation. Please google the interest rate under Obama.

Finally point, under Trump blacks were richer than under any so called black loving president in history.
Re: US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them by opamoses1: 6:16pm On Nov 10, 2022
saxywale2:
It's a WAWU. They are all DEMOCRATS

Obama white house interns vs Trump white house interns below:
I won't be suprised that one or two of those elected under the Democrats must have served as an intern under Obama's whitehouse. An introduction to them that politics in America is not for white people alone. The diversity of Obama's Intern (whites, Blacks, Asians, Indians, Latinos e.t.c) is a true representation of present day America.

2 Likes

Re: US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them by tctrills: 7:40pm On Nov 10, 2022
saxywale2:

Even the Biden government was not foolish enough to blame the present economic downtown on the low interest rate. Of course if they did it will show that they are truly very foolish. That said, you made another falls assertion that the economy under Trump was an employee market. In truth, it was an every body's market. Businesses were making some of their best earnings. In fact the democrats complained that businesses were not paying enough as wages.
Lastly in 4 years, Trump added 6.7 trillion to the national debt while in one year and 10 months Biden has added 4.8 trillion.
Remember under Trump there was a pandemic while under Biden there was a vaccine.
Re: US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them by tctrills: 7:50pm On Nov 10, 2022
saxywale2:

The only problem of the traditional black American communities in America is that the want government to give them everything. They are the laziest people I have ever met. They should learn from other blacks. Nigerian and Ghanian immigrants are on average wealthier and more educated than whites. They took advantage of the best system in the world.
Trump's policies brought wealth to all races in America

1 Like

Re: US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them by AlphaTaikun: 4:56am On Nov 12, 2022
viodemus:
Congratulations to the Nigerians (yorubas) elected.

On a side note: what are the igbos doing there? The yorubas are slowly but surely surpassing us in many fields, soon they will over pass us.

We (igbos) need to reset ourselves. We are a great people but we have let ego(pride), ignorance, and arrogance go away from our ways. The igbos, the well to do ones, in America and UK, are entangled with ignorance and arrogance.

The last time I was in America, I went to see a friend, so when I ordered an uber to leave, me and my friend were chatting in front of the yard but he decided to go get his phone from inside the house, not 1 minute after he went in, an uber pulled up to drop someone off, it turned out to be his aunty that was just coming from Nigeria, I didn't know that at the time; The uber driver came out, went to the boot(trunk) and offloaded her luggage, am like good afternoon ma, she just raised her voice and said carry all these in the house, na him I look her foolish mouth, I just lock up dey wait for my uber which was 2 mins to arrival. My guy comot outside, hail the woman, then carry the two luggage enter house, I no even look the foolish woman again. My guy cun dey say, you know how nigerians are, they think they can play boss with anyone dem meet wey be Nigerian. A very arrogant igbo woman.

Then, there is the issue of when i went to the restaurant in America, another group of igbo people were having some kind of meeting, the ghanian server has served them well with all their arrogant demand like bringing bowl for them to wash hand, when it was written on many places there that, the sink is open for anyone trying to wash their hands; and those people were very close to the sink, like 3 steps to the sink on that lane. After they finished, no tip, no thank you, no anything. A very wicked set of wicked igbos that day. I had to give the guy some money on their behalf because I was ashamed of their arrogance and stupidity.

Even all these househelp wickedness is mostly us.

We igbos need to gain traction on multi front positivity soon, and rekindle the igbo spirit of humility, knowledge, and grit.
Interesting.
Re: US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them by AlphaTaikun: 5:06am On Nov 12, 2022
saxywale2:

Nicely put.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Syrian Army Kills 5 Turkey Soldiers. Pope Francis Prays for ‘Martyred’ in Syria / Europe Faces Worst Drought In 500 Years ( Pics, Video) / Taliban Mocks Journalist: "You Want Freedom Of Speech, Ask Facebook Company"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.