Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,213 members, 7,811,581 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness (18749 Views)

Woman To Divorce Husband After 1 Week Of Marriage Over Huge Gbola / Court Dissolves 10-Year Marriage Over Wife's Stealing Habit, Adultery / Man Loses 20-year Marriage Over Laziness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 09, 2022
A Customary Court in Jikwoyi, Abuja, on Wednesday, dissolved a 14-year-old marriage between Maxwell Chuka and his wife, Christy on grounds of childlessness.

Delivering a ruling, judge, Labaran Gusau, dissolved the marriage on the grounds that the parties have lost interest in the union.

It is on record that both parties have consented to the dissolution of the marriage and also the respondent has asked the court to grant her husband prayer of divorce.

“In view of this, the court has no other choice than to grant the petitioner’s prayer for divorce. The marriage is hereby dissolved.

“The petitioner has also waved the N25,000 bride price he paid. Hence the respondent has no need to return it,” Labaran said.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Christy consented to the dissolution of the marriage on grounds that she has also lost interest in the marriage.

I am exhausted in this marriage. I have tried my best to have children but all attempts have failed.

“I have gone to different places, taken different concoctions, all to no avail
,” she said.

https://punchng.com/court-dissolves-14-year-marriage-over-childlessness/?amp

1 Like

Re: Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness by Righthussle: 5:23pm On Nov 09, 2022
It is good to know that your marriage can be dissolved on the grounds of loss of interest in the union.

Lovely.

Marriage should be easy enter, easy get out.
Marriage is sweet when you stay married to one person for life, but it is sweeter when you experience marriage with different people at different times.

Marry Ogechi for 10 years, divorce her and marry Lola. Stay married to Lola for 10 years , then divorce her and marry Ekaete for another 10 years. Then end your marriage journey with Julian. Na so you go take enjoy life.

Please don't try this with women who don't do anything for a living. They will never let you go, no matter what you do. If you go, how dem go take chop and pay house rent?

Being married to one man/woman is boring biko.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness by Lama70(m): 5:32pm On Nov 09, 2022
Too sad. May God remember every marriage looking unto Him for the fruit of the womb.

165 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness by allen113: 5:43pm On Nov 09, 2022
Two nonsense couples, even if they like they should marry another person if the health challenge is still there, they will still not have children. Why not try adoption

33 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness by Myaffair: 5:48pm On Nov 09, 2022
Irony of life. Just yesterday, a newly born baby was found dead in a waste bin in Calabar. Some are looking for it, some are throwing it away.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness by general111(m): 5:59pm On Nov 09, 2022
Lol..
This is very funny oh.
Re: Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness by VeryWickedGoat: 6:35pm On Nov 09, 2022
Barren women deserve to be single. Stop stressing innocent men.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 09, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
Barren women deserve to be single. Stop stressing innocent men.

What if it is the husband that was infertile?

Stupid.

98 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness by VeryWickedGoat: 7:47pm On Nov 09, 2022
Jovialjune1:

What if it is the man/men that is/are infertile?

Stupid.

Childlessness is always the woman's fault.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 09, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:

Childlessness is always the woman's fault.

Always? Are you an illiterate? Or you refuse to get enlightened that infertility can come from both genders?

Get everlasting sense.

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness by VeryWickedGoat: 8:39pm On Nov 09, 2022
Jovialjune1:

Always? Are you an illiterate? Or you refuse to get enlightened that infertility can come from both genders?

Get everlasting sense.

After you aborted your womb away you now want to pin it onan innocent man. You must be mad.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness by Oluneutral: 9:28pm On Nov 09, 2022
This life no balance at all.

While some are crying for getting pregnant again. Some are even aborting pregnancies like anything. Some even born and throw the child away. Some even had more than what they can cater for, thereby, distributing to relatives and friends to use them as servants.
And here you are, a couple, willing and able couldn't conceive for a whole 14 years. May God answer the prayers of all parents looking unto God's face for fruits of the womb.

16 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 09, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:

After you aborted your womb away you now want to pin it onan innocent man. You must be mad.

How is it possible for someone to "abort her womb?"

Illiterate.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness by VeryWickedGoat: 9:30pm On Nov 09, 2022
Jovialjune1:

How is it possible for someone to "abort her womb?"

You are an illiterate.

When you abort every 3 months there will be nothing left of your womb again by 23.

22 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 09, 2022
Fiction? Link to source else I don't believe it.
deNet:
A Customary Court in Jikwoyi, Abuja, on Wednesday, dissolved a 14-year-old marriage between Maxwell Chuka and his wife, Christy on grounds of childlessness.

Delivering a ruling, judge, Labaran Gusau, dissolved the marriage on the grounds that the parties have lost interest in the union.

“It is on record that both parties have consented to the dissolution of the marriage and also the respondent has asked the court to grant her husband prayer of divorce.

“In view of this, the court has no other choice than to grant the petitioner’s prayer for divorce. The marriage is hereby dissolved.

“The petitioner has also waved the N25,000 bride price he paid. Hence the respondent has no need to return it,” Labaran said.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Christy consented to the dissolution of the marriage on grounds that he has also lost interest in the marriage.

“I am exhausted in this marriage. I have tried my best to have children but all attempts have failed.

“I have gone to different places, taken different concoctions, all to no avail,” she said.

Re: Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness by Kobojunkie: 4:07am On Nov 10, 2022
allen113:
Two nonsense couples, even if they like they should marry another person if the health challenge is still there, they will still not have children. Why not try adoption
Don't pay attention to title abeg...according to the story, both parties had lost interest in the union. That was the major reason for the divorce.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness by Kobojunkie: 4:08am On Nov 10, 2022
Lama70:
Too sad. May God remember every marriage looking unto Him for the fruit of the womb.
Why? Because marriage is for the purpose of "fruit of the womb"? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness by Kobojunkie: 4:11am On Nov 10, 2022
Oluneutral:
This life no balance at all.

While some are crying for getting pregnant again. Some are even aborting pregnancies like anything. Some even born and throw the child away. Some even had more than what they can cater for, thereby, distributing to relatives and friends to use them as servants.
And here you are, a couple, willing and able couldn't conceive for a whole 14 years. May God answer the prayers of all parents looking unto God's face for fruits of the womb.
Again, read the story abeg! The couple already lost interest in the union hence the divorce.
Childlessness is only an excuse when the main issue is usually loss of interest. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness by Nobody: 4:35am On Nov 10, 2022
Better to stay single and have peace of mind, societal pressure shouldn't be a yardstick in your decision making

3 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness by Lama70(m): 6:43am On Nov 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Why? Because marriage is for the purpose of "fruit of the womb"? undecided

It's a very important part of marriage. You talk the way you do because you have not seen someone directly affected, and what they go through. Especially the women.

Did you read the woman's narration?
That's what women go through!

Once again, God please answer all of them. Amen.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness by Kobojunkie: 7:54am On Nov 10, 2022
Lama70:
It's a very important part of marriage. You talk the way you do because you have not seen someone directly affected, and what they go through. Especially the women.
Did you read the woman's narration?
That's what women go through!

Once again, God please answer all of them. Amen.
I don't understand. God never promised all couples would have children in marriage. Neither did God state that children are a must in marriage. As a matter of fact, many are created Eunuchs from their birth while others become Eunuchs in this world - all this by God's design. So don't you see how all those who make it a big whoop when there are no kids in their marriage are the problem here...this since they refuse reality and options available to them instead? undecided

I don't think God had intentions of changing His plan even at this point. So best you talk to those you know to seek alternative methods that are available instead of stressing themselves over that which is no fault if theirs . undecided

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness by Lama70(m): 8:39am On Nov 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I don't understand. God never promised all couples would have children in marriage. Neither did God state that children are a must in marriage. As a matter of fact, many are created Eunuchs from their birth while others become Eunuchs in this world - all this by God's design. So don't you see how all those who make it a big whoop when there are no kids in their marriage are the problem here...this since they refuse reality and options available to them instead? undecided

I don't think God had intentions of changing His plan even at this point. So best you talk to those you know to seek alternative methods that are available instead of stressing themselves over that which is no fault if theirs . undecided

Yours is a new teaching, different from what I have heard and known over the years.

I must agree that you have the right to your opinion. Wether that opinion would be validated or agreed to by those listening or reading is a different thing.

Finally, I will encourage that you give prominence to this your thoughts so that more people will be aware of it. If not, your decision to troll me will just amount to "winking in the dark". Only you know what you are doing. No one else.

Regards!

6 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness by Sirlins(m): 8:59am On Nov 10, 2022
Who's fault.... ..God did

Re: Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness by Gkay1(m): 8:59am On Nov 10, 2022
Jggg
Re: Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness by englishmart(m): 9:00am On Nov 10, 2022
My babe must be pregnant before I pay bride price. Nigerian girls are roaming the streets wombless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:00am On Nov 10, 2022
Only God gives children.
Our Bible tells us repeatedly in His Word how all children are a gift from God.
Every single life, every single child, is a reward and blessing. Whether they're bringing parents pride and joy, or whether they are teaching us how to be more patient and forgiving, children are a gift from God and a source for the growth of His Kingdom here on Earth

We Rise.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness by IyaTola: 9:00am On Nov 10, 2022
angry
There is IVF
They could adopt
Africans cry

1 Like

Re: Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness by TalkTalkTwins(m): 9:02am On Nov 10, 2022
Hmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Cope When Your Spouse Doesn't Listen: Seeking Advice / My Stepmother Wants To Sleep With Me / Must A Girl Marry????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.