Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

My Drug Allegations Dead As DODO-APC Presidential Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Drug Allegations Dead As DODO-APC Presidential Candidate (341 Views)

INEC denies issuing statement on Tinubu’s drug allegations / Tinubu's Drug Allegations: I Don't Know Anybody Called David Hundeyin - Keyamo / My Drug Allegations Dead As Dodo – Tinubu Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Drug Allegations Dead As DODO-APC Presidential Candidate by onajo2000(m): 6:38pm On Nov 09, 2022
The certified US court judgment documents surfaced and have been making the rounds on the internet since Tuesday, showing that a US District Court indicted the former Lagos State governor for drug dealings and money laundering.

‘certified true copy’ from the U.S. Court.
“The campaign’s media and publicity director, Bayo Onanuga had perused the new document and dismissed it as the same old tale. It is as dead as a dodo”, Onanuga told a news medium on Tuesday and made reference to a section of the campaign’s FAQ’s manual.
“One of the unconscionable and wicked lies peddled by political opponents about Bola Ahmed Tinubu was to paint him erroneously as a drug baron.
“The accusation arose out of an investigation by FBI agent Kevin Moss of Tinubu and Compass Investment and Finance accounts at First Heritage Bank and Citi- Bank in the U.S.
“On January 10, 1992, Mr Kevin Moss requested and obtained a court order to freeze the accounts.
“On January 13, 1992, Mr Moss telephoned Tinubu in Nigeria to justify the amounts in the accounts, running into $1.4 million. Part of the money was said to have been deposited by two Nigerians, being investigated for drug offences.
“After the telephone conversation, Tinubu instructed his lawyer in the US to file
a lawsuit against the order freezing his accounts.
“This dragged on till 15 September 1993, when an agreement was reached for an out of court settlement. Judge John A Nordberg, of the US district court for the Northern District of Illinois, read out the agreement reached by the two parties. Part of the funds, $460,000 was seized by the government.
“The FBI never charged Tinubu with any drug offence; the case did not go on trial. Tinubu was never convicted. And he was never barred from entering the United States.
“In 2003, ten years after, when the PDP opponents wanted to use the shuttered allegation to disqualify Tinubu from running for a second term in Lagos, the Inspector General of Police, Tafa Balogun made an enquiry with the American Consulate on Tinubu’s status.

https://saharareporters.com/2022/11/09/my-drug-allegations-dead-dodo-apc-presidential-candidate-tinubu-reacts-certified-us

Re: My Drug Allegations Dead As DODO-APC Presidential Candidate by Pauldollars(m): 6:45pm On Nov 09, 2022
Over 90% of Nigerians will not thumb print on APC in their ballot at the Presidential election next year.
Its just one fact.

1 Like

Re: My Drug Allegations Dead As DODO-APC Presidential Candidate by PrinceOfLagos: 6:51pm On Nov 09, 2022
Tinubu is just a foolish man , he's so shameless

He forfeited over $400,000 to the united states government to clear up his drug mess yet, the shameless old man still got mouth to spew thrash

This old thief must not be president

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Drug Allegations Dead As DODO-APC Presidential Candidate by otipoju(m): 10:33pm On Nov 09, 2022
If your money source is legitimate, why would the government sieze $460, 000 out of 1.5 million.

Why?
Re: My Drug Allegations Dead As DODO-APC Presidential Candidate by onajo2000(m): 10:39pm On Nov 09, 2022
Majority of Nigerians have mental health problems especially some people from the west

(1) (Reply)

Satire In The Palace: Buhari, Where’s Your House In London? / You Don't Save In Poverty. / Nigeria Government At It Again: My N20 Note Artwork Now Has A Soon To Be Rival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.