Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,010 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Marriage: A Help Or A Hinderance? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage: A Help Or A Hinderance? (993 Views)

Is Marriage A Measure Of Success In Life? / Open Communication In Marriage, A Plus Or Minus? / Is Marriage A Bed Of Roses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Marriage: A Help Or A Hinderance? by Boondoggle(m): 9:52pm On Aug 22, 2007
And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an HELP MEET for him.

This is my believe of what a wife should be to her husband but certain comments from the married folks have been more than baffling undecided to me. Please see the scenarios below, and these are just the few that came to mind now:

1. A married colleague came close to me and perceived my designers wink pefume and he went like this: "Hmmn! nice perfume but would you be able to continue to use such perf after getting married"

2. To a sister at church" Sis, you are late again today" and she went like: "wait till you are married then you will understand"

3. A friend, married of course, said to me " so how was lunch" . I said "Great! I ate out". He was like "You are always eating out anyway when you get married.

Give me a break! A helper comes to help one to achieve MORE, so why are these folks creating opposite impression? are they saying two heads are no longer better than one? Well, a friend used to say it is not just two heads but two GOOD heads that are better than one. Probably that is the case with the folks with such "till you get married" view.

To the married ones in the house, what has marriage done to your graph Upward trend or otherwise?

Singles please feel free to put in your 2c.

Shalom cool
Re: Marriage: A Help Or A Hinderance? by BABEELOVE(f): 1:25am On Aug 23, 2007
Depends on where you are in the stage of life.  Definitely not for everybody!
Re: Marriage: A Help Or A Hinderance? by iyke001(m): 9:57am On Aug 23, 2007
i believe in serial monogamy its boring being with one 4 d rest of your life its brings about familiarity no respect n placing one's life in d hands of his partner

(1) (Reply)

Suspecting Your Wife Of Cheating / Man, 42, Sends Assasins After Wife For Threatening Divorce / Message From Stella Damasus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.