Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

SAN Festus Kayemo Lied That HE Bola Tinubu Is Not A Defendant In The Case In USA - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SAN Festus Kayemo Lied That HE Bola Tinubu Is Not A Defendant In The Case In USA (1023 Views)

David Hundeyin Lied That He’s A Homosexual To Get Asylum - Bashir El-Rufai / Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors / Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SAN Festus Kayemo Lied That HE Bola Tinubu Is Not A Defendant In The Case In USA by N3TRAL: 10:00am On Nov 10, 2022
AcuraZDX:

You're obviously not normal..

The main culprit is Tinubu. The et al are collaborators..

Oya let's feign ignorance now..

According to you guys, Tinubu was an accountant right?

So you want to tell me that an accountant allowed his bank account to be used to move proceeds from drugs. Huge amounts of money for that and he refused to ask questions..

Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Secondly, Festus Keyamo admitted that Tinubu had drug dealers as friends and flatmates in the US.. I hope you heard that too?

The situation here is similar to the condition of a luxury car dealer whose bank accounts are flagged for receiving credits/ transfers departing from the bank accounts of a fraudster as payment for car sales.

EFCC block these accounts everyday and the innocent business person/ professional who received such funds while performing their legal duty negotiate the unblocking of their bank accounts.

The contention has never been that a reputable accountant or car dealer is a drug dealer or fraudster since they have proven their impeccable characters. The issue for determination is how a particular transaction ended up in the bank account of "Compass Finance and Investment company", a bank account operated by an American certified chartered accountant whose profession permits him to receive funds from clients for investment.

The account cannot hire lawyers to defend it to satisfy the legal principle of "Audi alteram partem"- hear both sides, so the owner of the account who has a human and legal personality has to be joined as codefendant to satisfy the requirements of fair justice.

The forfeiture goes like this:

America, una know say I be certified accountant wey don work for una reputable corporations. I bin start my own finance and investment company o. People just dey invest for am. Me sef no know say drug dealers don follow put their drug money for investment. I know say no be my duty to investigate the profession of my clients as I no be FBI but I no like wahala. I no get money to go court dey fight una government for my right for years. Make una just take wetin una think say my bad clients don deposit then unfreeze my account.

Re: SAN Festus Kayemo Lied That HE Bola Tinubu Is Not A Defendant In The Case In USA by ganisucks(f): 10:00am On Nov 10, 2022
N3TRAL:

Tinubu is not the defendant. The action is brought against his account.

The universal principle of law that is upheld by competent courts is "Audi alteram partem"- here both sides. If there court hears the counsel for the plantiff, it has to hear the counsel for the defendant.

A bank account cannot hire a lawyer to represent it, so it is good practice to join the owner of the account as a co-defendant.

There's another term called Prima Facie, ie: based on the first impression. And according to the first impression, that sheet shows that Tinubu is the defendant. Keyamo and Co aren't conscious or knowledgeable of US law, that's why he's talking that way. If you show that sheet to a US attorney, he will explain and show you that Tinubu is the defendant. You can't be using Nigerian law courts to explain how things are done in US courts. The onus is on APC to invite a respected US attorney to explain it, not a Nigerian charge and bail lawyer like Keyamo.

What is certain is that no one knows who is responsible for the release of these official documents. That is why APC is in panic mode. If you don't know your enemy, you can't defeat him. Whoever made these documents available may tomorrow bring out the documents that show clearly that Tinubu was convicted.

1 Like

Re: SAN Festus Kayemo Lied That HE Bola Tinubu Is Not A Defendant In The Case In USA by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 10, 2022
Mynd44:
He was not actually. The funds were the defendant.

Lol are you being funny? Are you saying US is only suing the funds and not the owner of the account? cheesy
Re: SAN Festus Kayemo Lied That HE Bola Tinubu Is Not A Defendant In The Case In USA by N3TRAL: 10:04am On Nov 10, 2022
ganisucks:

There's another term called Prima Facie, ie: based on the first impression. And according to the first impression, that sheet shows that Tinubu is the defendant. Keyamo and Co aren't conscious or knowledgeable of US law, that's why he's talking that way. If you show that sheet to a US attorney, he will explain and show you that Tinubu is the defendant. You can't be using Nigerian law courts to explain how things are done in US courts. The onus is on APC to invite a respected US attorney to explain it, not a Nigerian charge and bail lawyer like Keyamo.

What is certain is that no one knows who is responsible for the release of these official documents. That is why APC is in panic mode. If you don't know your enemy, you can't defeat him. Whoever made these documents available may tomorrow bring out the documents that show clearly that Tinubu was convicted.

Court documents are public documents. In fact, apart from juvenile cases or cases that bother on public peace, any court trial done in private is contradictory to the rule of law and universal tenets of justice which makes it mandatory for trials to be conducted publicly.

These documents always come up every time he makes a big political move for years now.
Re: SAN Festus Kayemo Lied That HE Bola Tinubu Is Not A Defendant In The Case In USA by Tinubuadvocate: 10:07am On Nov 10, 2022
Keyamo. A half baked lawyer that is laughable a San for that matter he got his san by his achievements not by quotasystem.
StrongandMighty:

So how can you explain this?
Should we leave waht the US government said and believe what that half baked lawyer defending his stomach said?
Re: SAN Festus Kayemo Lied That HE Bola Tinubu Is Not A Defendant In The Case In USA by ganisucks(f): 10:11am On Nov 10, 2022
N3TRAL:

Court documents are public documents. In fact, apart from juvenile cases or cases that bother on public peace, any court trial done in private is contradictory to the rule of law and universal tenets of justice which makes it mandatory for trials to be conducted publicly.

These documents always come up every time he makes a big political move for years now.

As I said, no one knows who made these particular documents available. Initially, everyone thought it was Atiku, but it has become clear that he had nothing to do with it. My belief is that the same person or group of people who released Atiku's visa quagmire, is also responsible for these documents.
Re: SAN Festus Kayemo Lied That HE Bola Tinubu Is Not A Defendant In The Case In USA by N3TRAL: 10:16am On Nov 10, 2022
ganisucks:

As I said, no one knows who made these particular documents available. Initially, everyone thought it was Atiku, but it has become clear that he had nothing to do with it. My belief is that the same person or group of people who released Atiku's visa quagmire, is also responsible for these documents.

The stamp shows that it is a certified true copy of the court proceedings. Court documents are public documents. To receive them, you make an application and a certified true copy will be given to you.

The date shows that it was certified a true copy in August. From my experience, a lawyer was hired by the opposition to request for the court documents which everybody has right to access.

It's not rocket science. It's not hard. Lawyers do that every day in Nigeria and across the world. Court documents are for Public consumption. Some important judgments of courts are even compiled and sold to us as law reports.
Re: SAN Festus Kayemo Lied That HE Bola Tinubu Is Not A Defendant In The Case In USA by Mynd44: 10:23am On Nov 10, 2022
Jovialjune1:

Lol are you being funny? Are you saying US is only suing the funds and not the owner of the account? cheesy

If he decided not to approach the court or get a lawyer, the funds will be seized and the end.

Thats why he was not indicted or charged
Re: SAN Festus Kayemo Lied That HE Bola Tinubu Is Not A Defendant In The Case In USA by ganisucks(f): 10:26am On Nov 10, 2022
N3TRAL:

The stamp shows that it is a certified true copy of the court proceedings. Court documents are public documents. To receive them, you make an application and a certified true copy will be given to you.

The date shows that it was certified a true copy in August. From my experience, a lawyer was hired by the opposition to request for the court documents which everybody has right to access.

It's not rocket science. It's not hard. Lawyers do that every day in Nigeria and across the world. Court documents are for Public consumption. Some important judgments of courts are even compiled and sold to us as law reports.

You are listening too much to Keyamo. These documents are different, and also PDP is not interested in the story. It's not them, it's someone way more powerful.
Re: SAN Festus Kayemo Lied That HE Bola Tinubu Is Not A Defendant In The Case In USA by N3TRAL: 10:29am On Nov 10, 2022
ganisucks:

You are listening too much to Keyamo. These documents are different, and also PDP is not interested in the story. It's not them, it's someone way more powerful.

I haven't listened to Keyamo. I'm a professional. It is what I do. It is how I earn a living.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Any Yoruba Person Who Votes For Tinubu Is A Bastard – Lagos PDP Chairman / These Boys Really Finish Tinubu With This Dance chaiii / Tinubu Laughs As Ailing President Paul Biya Farts Many Times In Public (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.