Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,049 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors (37897 Views)

'El-Rufai Lied About 50 Naked People Dancing At Kaduna Sex Party' - Alberah / El-rufai Lied Over Killing Of 66 Kaduna Residents — CAN, NEMA / Chidi Odinkalu: 'El-Rufai Lied, He Cooked Up The Story Of 66 People Killed' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors by Islie: 7:08pm On Mar 19, 2021
How El-Rufai Cooked Lies That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors – Goodluck Jonathan

Former President Goodluck Jonathan has stated that the All Progressive Congress in 2014 embarked on propaganda to mislead Nigerians, including claims that his government supported the Boko Haram terrorists to reduce the number of northern voters.

Jonathan noted that Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, particularly in August 2014, accused him and the then President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, of being Boko Haram sponsors “to spoil Islam’s name.”

Years after the accusation and a campaign to "change" the country, insecurity has worsened under the APC-led government's watch. El-Rufai and other governors are struggling to tackle insecurity in the northern region.

Jonathan said El-Rufai’s claims were both “laughable and extremely ridiculous” but his (Jonathan’s) government was determined not to pull anyone down.

The former President stated this in his book, "My Transition Hours", explaining that his government was consistently attacked and maligned to ensure the propaganda succeeded.

Excerpts from the former President’s book reads, “The President security could quickly have fired at the source of the missiles, thinking it was the insurgents. But we responded differently. I have always said it and meant it. Nothing I wanted was worth the blood of a human being, least of all, the people I had the direct charge to protect, the people I swore to serve.

“Muhammadu Buhari was in my home state and I proactively ensured that nothing of that sort happened. He was not the president and it would have been easy to return the dubious compliment. There was no shortage of courageous young men ready to carry out such a mission. We could also have denied complicity as they did, but it was not my way.

“Besides not being so base by nature, I would have reduced an office I held in trust and embarrassed my colleague and many others around the world who hold me to certain standards and values. I encouraged my supporters not to dwell on the issue. When I accepted the PDP nomination for re-elections, I had charged myself and my supporters to campaign in peace with hope in our hearts, on the facts and truth on issues and ideas, on our records of performance, not violence. Ours was a campaign of ideas.

“We put it behind us and forged ahead with a clean campaign. The opposition was steeped in negative rhetoric and slurs of all manners. We were not swayed. I campaigned consistently on what we did, what we were doing and what we could still do. My concern was for new ideas and positive ways of doing things. It was essential to purge the do-or-die mentality from our minds. It would take some time but I knew I was making headway in that direction.

“It showed by the massive drop in politically motivated assassinations. It simply vanished because the leader was not interested in killing to win.

“They raised a chorus of “Jonathan must go.” They crafted a pseudo activist image. They loaded the campaign space with a lot of unproven corruption. The propaganda exhibited by the opposition was infinitely worse than anyone they could imagine and they imagined plenty. The point was to mislead the ordinary folks against the government. It was even taken to the ridiculous extent of claiming that I was behind Boko Haram. They said I planned it to reduce the number of northern voters.

“A particular opposition politician, Nasir El-Rufai, who became the Governor of Kaduna State, went to the ridiculous extent of tweeting on August 9, 2014, that the then President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, and I were sponsors of the Boko Haram. He added that Boko Haram members were not Muslims but Christians disguised as Muslims to spoil Islam’s good name.

“Of course, it was laughable and extremely ridiculous. On the same day, at the Portcullis House in Parliament, London, El-Rufai repeated the same allegations at an event.”

Since May 2015, when President Muhammadu Buhari came into office, the Boko Haram killings has more than doubled in the country, leaving thousands of Nigerian soldiers as casualties.

There have also been more abductions and killings of women and children in the North-East as soft targets.

SaharaReporters had reported that the immediate past service chiefs, who held the military command under Buhari for about six years, spent more than N2.659trillion on military arms and ammunition between 2015 and 2019, according to records.

The N2.659trillion is outside the controversial $1billion Excess Crude Account Fund, which Buhari approved in April 2018 despite public outcry.

The $1billion was approved and released, partly because the former military chiefs influenced the National Assembly that they did not have enough funds to fight the insurgency.

Despite the humongous budgets given to the military, the insurgency has festered, leading to abductions of schoolgirls in Dapchi, Yobe State, in 2018, among other abductions of women and children, which continue to draw national and global outrage.

Jonathan’s critic, El-Rufai, and other APC commentators have for the most times remained quiet in the face of the growing insecurity which is presently manifesting in more deadly dimensions such as banditry, kidnapping and killings by herdsmen.

https://saharareporters.com/2021/03/19/how-el-rufai-cooked-lies-oritsejafor-and-i-are-boko-haram-sponsors-%E2%80%93-goodluck-jonathan

97 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors by IgweOfNnewi: 7:09pm On Mar 19, 2021
Short devil hellrufai

306 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors by Monogamy: 7:23pm On Mar 19, 2021
I don't know about Jonathan oo, but Oritsejafor's hand is not clean.

Abi no be the same Oritsejafor that was using his private jet to be importing ammunition into the country... That same ammunition ended up in Northern elites hand.....

Strike back movie season 3-4 briefed the story

29 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors by Monogamy: 7:23pm On Mar 19, 2021
Re: Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors by jlinkd78(m): 7:25pm On Mar 19, 2021
Truth becoming glaring. That El Rufai did a lot to demarket GEJ and enthroned this govt of Photoshop and cluelessness

146 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors by fuckingAyaya(m): 7:25pm On Mar 19, 2021
Monogamy:
I don't know about Jonathan oo, but Oritsejafor hand is not clean.

El rufai hands are very clean abi?

324 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors by Monogamy: 7:26pm On Mar 19, 2021
fuckingAyaya:
El rufai hands are very clean abi?

I doubt that as well cos back then El rufai was one of the Northern Boko haram sympathizers including Buhari

113 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors by chatinent: 7:36pm On Mar 19, 2021

Re: Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors by NwaNimo1(m): 7:38pm On Mar 19, 2021

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:43pm On Mar 19, 2021
CodeTemplar:
We know who is behind them already. They own expensive arms and ammunition yet claim poverty. They buy million naira guns like bread but claim to be poor. We know they are all political thugs.
Sure people that have their heads working well definitely know the people behind these terrorists and bandits.

The whole truth of this Gumi matter lies below.....
Pictures don't lie.
We all cannot suffer collective amnesia or willful blindness at once.
Truth is bitter, but we will continue to say it...
Rather, truth is not bitter, just that people are bitter to the truth....

Tetehjewels:

They know they did. They have never stopped too. This recent and crazy killing spree by so called bandits has their name written all over it. They feel that if APC could win Presidency because the nation was in security jeopardy they can also use the same technique to wrest power from APC.

As far as I am concerned they are responsible for all the mess currently happening because if memory serves me well in the leaked memo Atiku was given by his foreign consultant during the run up to the last presidential elections one of the options he was given which would enable him win was to create serious unrest in the nation and the recent increase in attacks and killings to me is a clear indicator to this as 2023 is fast approaching

We thank God there are still many Nigerians like you,,
that still have their heads intact and 'very correct'.

We hereby present to you Gumi and his inner caucus

Pictures don't lie
, now you know where all these violence, killings, kidnappings, chaos are all coming from.

Sane, good thinking and honest Nigerians, just imagine that it is Buhari that Gumi took all these pictures with from year to year,
Imagine what the swines, enemies of the country and Children of hate would have been saying.
Hypocrisy will end them all....las las

7 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:43pm On Mar 19, 2021
Now he has seen the main sponsors but gone deaf and dumb

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors by Nazgul: 7:44pm On Mar 19, 2021
Jonathan wasn't sponsoring Boko Haram but he was too weak to fight them cos he didn't want to offend the northern cabals. So technically he contributed to their growth and expansion.

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors by slawormiir: 7:44pm On Mar 19, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
Jonathan my niggarrrrrrrrrrrrrr

El rufai and sowore are pussy ass niggarrs

Especially sowore....that moda fuckkker destroyed Jonathan government

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors by Lessonteacher(f): 7:45pm On Mar 19, 2021
Yea, we know that he lied against you

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors by mayormick(m): 7:45pm On Mar 19, 2021
Monogamy:

Abi no be the same Oritsejafor that was using his private jet to be importing ammunition into the country... That same ammunition ended up in Northern elites hand.....

Hmm.....strike back, confirm movie

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors by Hndrrxxx(m): 7:45pm On Mar 19, 2021
Ccc
Re: Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors by chriskosherbal(m): 7:45pm On Mar 19, 2021
Monogamy:

hmmm be careful of what you say especially if you don't have facts to backed them up..just an advice.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors by thatigboman: 7:45pm On Mar 19, 2021
That midget el rufai is very lucky Jona is a gentleman.
El rufai claims that his father is from katsina, while he is from kaduna. How?
Fulani marabouts that trekked from futa jallon highlands in guinea come to nigeria claiming lords.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:46pm On Mar 19, 2021
That El Rufai made the statement was not the anger but that some supposed educated people down south got roped in what an illiterate almajiri like El Rufai said.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 19, 2021
Even though the Kaduna midget prays 5 times a day, he is a notorious & nefarious imp.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors by Olobofife(m): 7:46pm On Mar 19, 2021
Hell rufai is the chief sponsor of terrorism in Nigeria.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors by viqSmallz(m): 7:46pm On Mar 19, 2021
Karanka:
In summary, you were a very weak president - exactly the opposite of what Nigeria needs.
How could you allow mere governors and ordinary people to ridicule your government to that extent and push you out despite all you think you did and planned to do for the country?
You actually deserved to lose the election in a country like Nigeria.
Next time, if you know you don't have the balls to play the dirty politics, you step aside on time for someone who's got the balls.

E don step aside now na. Shey una see am

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors by CSTRR: 7:46pm On Mar 19, 2021
If Jonathan forgives everybody in the APC, he will never forgive El rufai.

That guy was vicious.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors by elmessiahs(m): 7:46pm On Mar 19, 2021
don't mind the imp

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors by Memphis357(m): 7:47pm On Mar 19, 2021
Who are these obtuse morons ruling Nigeria? First the man at the helm was naming streets during a pandemic after the president of the french named NIGER country, add railroad being built to bring in more foreignes from his tribe to Nigeria when Nigerians are suffering? Miyetti Thug-lord chieftain has a police convoy to secure his banditry, yet you cannot guarantee children's safety? The names of both countries are from the racial slurs and the education minister speaks like this? What did Nigerians do to deserve these wicked ones especially the one at the top of the pyramid?

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors by advocatejare(m): 7:47pm On Mar 19, 2021
Allah, and Muhammad permit Muslim to lie and deceive people.

Allah prides himself as the best of the deceivers, the same title of the devil, the father of all lies.

Quran 8:30
wa-idh yamkuru bika alladhīna kafarū liyuth'bitūka aw yaqtulūka aw yukh'rijūka wayamkurūna wayamkuru l-lahu wal-lahu khayru l-mākirīna

And when those who disbelieved deceive/scheme at you to affix/affirm you, or kill you, or bring you out, and they scheme/deceive , and Allah deceives/schemes and Allah (is) best (of) the deceivers/schemers.

Makirina is from (مَكْر [makir] ) which means cunning, deceptive, guile.

So Mr Jonathan, El Rufai was only doing what Allah commands.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:47pm On Mar 19, 2021
Monogamy:

Can we now nail Jonathan and exonerate Buhari your lord and Saviour and his service Chiefs of thiefs

19 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adedamola Aderemi Visits Emir Of Kano Lamido Sanusi II At His Kano Palace..pics / Yusuf Buhari With Yahaya Bello In London (Photo) / Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.