Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Tinubu's " Drug Case": A SIMPLE EXPLANATION OF THE FORFEITURE - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's " Drug Case": A SIMPLE EXPLANATION OF THE FORFEITURE (722 Views)

More Facts About Tinubu’s Drug Proceeds Forfeiture By Reno Omokri / The Most Surprising Thing About Abba Kyari Drug Case / Saraki Reacts As Court Orders The Forfeiture Of His Properties In Ikoyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu's " Drug Case": A SIMPLE EXPLANATION OF THE FORFEITURE by N3TRAL: 10:52am On Nov 10, 2022
Tinubu's resolved case in the United States is similar to the condition of a luxury car dealer whose bank accounts are flagged for receiving credits/ transfers departing from the bank accounts of a fraudster as payment for car sales. If every professional conducted a background check before offering their services or selling their products, Yahoo boys would have no cars or phones. They won't even book hotels, flights or pay House Rent.

EFCC block these accounts everyday and the innocent business person/ professional who received such funds while performing their legal duty negotiate the unblocking of their bank accounts.

The contention has never been that a reputable accountant or car dealer is a drug dealer or fraudster since they have proven their impeccable characters. The issue for determination is how a particular transaction ended up in the bank account of "Compass Finance and Investment company", a bank account operated by an American certified chartered accountant whose profession permits him to receive funds from clients for investment.

The case was against investment accounts not our future President.
The bank account cannot hire lawyers to defend it to satisfy the legal principle of "Audi alteram partem"- hear both sides, so the owner of the account who has a human and legal personality has to be joined as codefendant to satisfy the requirements of fair justice.

The simplest explanation of the "forfeiture" goes like this:

America, una know say I be certified accountant wey don work for una reputable corporations. I bin start my own finance and investment company o. People just dey invest for am. Me sef no know say drug dealers don follow put their drug money for investment. I know say no be my duty to investigate the profession of my clients as I no be FBI and I no like wahala.

I no get money to go court to dey fight una government for my right wey fit take years. The money wey I go pay American lawyers sef fit big pass wetin una wan take.
Make una just take wetin una think say my bad clients don deposit so that una go unfreeze my account make I hustle for my daily bread.

It is a civil arrangement not a criminal one.

Re: Tinubu's " Drug Case": A SIMPLE EXPLANATION OF THE FORFEITURE by AdamuKD: 10:53am On Nov 10, 2022
Tulunbu is a drug pusher and a thief

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu's " Drug Case": A SIMPLE EXPLANATION OF THE FORFEITURE by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 10, 2022
grin is that why he is a defendant? In such a criminal case grin grin

Lmao he won't be included as a defendant with no probable cause and evidence of awareness and inclusion in a criminal enterprise...

Aside Tinubu being a hardened criminal, APC is a disaster that doesn't deserve a single vote

Atiku is coming

Kagd10:

Says a yuseless eediot. A defendant is like Ekweremandu. Nothing of such happened to Tinubu. USA officials who are not brain dead like some Nigerians didn't say Tinubu was a criminal nor arrested him.

Even murderers get bail. In the US while the trial is ongoing talk more of drug dealers and money launderers..

For tinubu to have entered a plea he must have been arrested to effect his forfeiture and avoid a trial...

Like you brought up ekweremadu, he was arrested and denied bail, maybe Tinubu got bail but he still snitched and forfeited funds he acquired through his drug criminal enterprise

Atiku is coming

Kagd10:

A murderer will get arrested first before going to court. Likewise a drug criminal. Likewise the case of Ekweremandu. That never happened to Tinubu. Sink that into your uselesssss skull.

I repeat, your looting killer herdman Atiku is only coming to your family!

To be arrested to be brought in for questioning its the same thing.

Tinubu was part of a drug establishment in the 90s its very easy for cartel lawyers to get bail barely hours after arrest.

Unfortunately and fortunately for tinubu he wasn't a smart drug dealer and money launderer that's why he has a case file where he is a defendant and not just a witness .

Do you know what it means to be a defendant in a drug and money laundering case?

If this was Atiku or Peter Obi what would you say Yaruba slave..

Yaruba terrorists like you, I've maintained enough decorum.

Atiku is coming

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's " Drug Case": A SIMPLE EXPLANATION OF THE FORFEITURE by RZArecta(m): 10:58am On Nov 10, 2022
Nothing Musa no go see for gate undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's " Drug Case": A SIMPLE EXPLANATION OF THE FORFEITURE by Chnbanc: 10:58am On Nov 10, 2022
Needless to say, u r trying to say that Tinubu is an Azza•Man!!
Just as your signature says: U r truly living in bondage

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's " Drug Case": A SIMPLE EXPLANATION OF THE FORFEITURE by Ireportlive: 10:59am On Nov 10, 2022
cool

I love how They used their own stupidity to give Tinubu free publicity, now the real court documents are out, they now look like an illiterate

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's " Drug Case": A SIMPLE EXPLANATION OF THE FORFEITURE by general111(m): 11:00am On Nov 10, 2022
This is the kind of candidate people want to vote for..
People with questionable character should not be given access to power.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's " Drug Case": A SIMPLE EXPLANATION OF THE FORFEITURE by swaggerjack: 11:02am On Nov 10, 2022
N3TRAL:
Tinubu's ordeal shows that contrary to rumours, he was a USD millionaire before he governed Lagos. It also depicts him as a man of peace who loves negotiation than war.

Tinubu's resolved case in the United States is similar to the condition of a luxury car dealer whose bank accounts are flagged for receiving credits/ transfers departing from the bank accounts of a fraudster as payment for car sales. If every professional conducted a background check before offering their services or selling their products, Yahoo boys would have no cars or phones. They won't even book hotels, flights or pay House Rent.

EFCC block these accounts everyday and the innocent business person/ professional who received such funds while performing their legal duty negotiate the unblocking of their bank accounts.

The contention has never been that a reputable accountant or car dealer is a drug dealer or fraudster since they have proven their impeccable characters. The issue for determination is how a particular transaction ended up in the bank account of "Compass Finance and Investment company", a bank account operated by an American certified chartered accountant whose profession permits him to receive funds from clients for investment.

The case was against investment accounts not our future President.
The bank account cannot hire lawyers to defend it to satisfy the legal principle of "Audi alteram partem"- hear both sides, so the owner of the account who has a human and legal personality has to be joined as codefendant to satisfy the requirements of fair justice.

The simplest explanation of the "forfeiture" goes like this:

America, una know say I be certified accountant wey don work for una reputable corporations. I bin start my own finance and investment company o. People just dey invest for am. Me sef no know say drug dealers don follow put their drug money for investment. I know say no be my duty to investigate the profession of my clients as I no be FBI and I no like wahala.

I no get money to go court to dey fight una government for my right wey fit take years. The money wey I go pay American lawyers sef fit big pass wetin una wan take.
Make una just take wetin una think say my bad clients don deposit so that una go unfreeze my account make I hustle for my daily bread.

Tinubu has my votes!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's " Drug Case": A SIMPLE EXPLANATION OF THE FORFEITURE by Ireportlive: 11:02am On Nov 10, 2022
swaggerjack:

You don humble lol

Many years of using compass finance to troll Tinubu just ended like magic yesterday

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's " Drug Case": A SIMPLE EXPLANATION OF THE FORFEITURE by Nightwolf1: 11:10am On Nov 10, 2022
grin

Re: Tinubu's " Drug Case": A SIMPLE EXPLANATION OF THE FORFEITURE by N3TRAL: 11:13am On Nov 10, 2022
swaggerjack:
Exactly.

The bullion van story confirms his consideration for employees. He could have sent employees with an S.U.V to withdraw money he would use for the big weekend but he didn't want to risk their Lives.

He instead ordered that the bank delivers Jos withdrawals securely with a bulletproof van so that those who make the delivery will be safe.

As a businessman and successful professional, you can withdraw your money from the bank when you want it. Dangote once withdrew 10 million USD to feel what it looked like. He returned it thereafter.

Tinubu has the right to withdraw his money for philanthropy.
Re: Tinubu's " Drug Case": A SIMPLE EXPLANATION OF THE FORFEITURE by Kagd10: 11:15am On Nov 10, 2022
Thinkam:

Lmao he won't be included as a defendant with no probable cause and evidence of awareness and inclusion in a criminal enterprise...

Aside Tinubu being a hardened criminal, APC is a disaster that doesn't deserve a single vote

Atiku is coming

Says a yuseless eediot. A defendant is like Ekweremandu. Nothing of such happened to Tinubu. USA officials who are not brain dead like some Nigerians didn't say Tinubu was a criminal nor arrested him.

And your looting killer herdman Atiku will only come to your family.
Re: Tinubu's " Drug Case": A SIMPLE EXPLANATION OF THE FORFEITURE by DeLaRue: 11:18am On Nov 10, 2022
In 2012, I think, HSBC, one of the largest banks in the world was fined $1.9 billion for something similar. In America, if dirty money enters your bank, whether you know the source or not, you pay heavily.

Bank of America and several other large banks have found themselves in similar situation.

These banks are liable for prosecution (as 'defendants' as nairalanders call it), but in most cases, they'll negotiate and pay a fine instead.

Does it mean the CEOs of these giant banks were involved in drugs trafficking? No.

In most criminal cases, the prosecution has to prove a degree of intention or criminal negligence.

But with Money Laundering laws in Europe and America, it is irrelevant whether or not you knew about the source of the money. As long as the money passes through your bank, you are done. Guilt is absolute.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's " Drug Case": A SIMPLE EXPLANATION OF THE FORFEITURE by Kagd10: 11:21am On Nov 10, 2022
Thinkam:

Atiku is coming

Even murderers get bail. In the US while the trial is ongoing talk more of drug dealers and money launderers..

For tinubu to have entered a plea he must have been arrested to effect his forfeiture and avoid a trial...

Like you brought up ekweremadu, he was arrested and denied bail, maybe Tinubu got bail but he still snitched and forfeited funds he acquired through his drug criminal enterprise

Atiku is coming

A murderer will be arrested first before going to court. Likewise a drug criminal. Likewise the case of Ekweremandu. That never happened to Tinubu. Sink that into your yuselesssss skull.

Only a uselesssss fool would say the owner of a Bank/investment company is a criminal just because a criminal saved his money in the said Bank/investment company. Well, USA officials are not fools like some stupid Nigerians na.

I repeat, your looting killer herdman Atiku is only coming to your family!
Re: Tinubu's " Drug Case": A SIMPLE EXPLANATION OF THE FORFEITURE by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 10, 2022
Foul
Re: Tinubu's " Drug Case": A SIMPLE EXPLANATION OF THE FORFEITURE by ngadaAwo: 1:34pm On Nov 10, 2022
Ireportlive:

You don humble lol

Many years of using compass finance to troll Tinubu just ended like magic yesterday
Tinubu is a criminal
he'll never rule this country
Kiss the truth
Re: Tinubu's " Drug Case": A SIMPLE EXPLANATION OF THE FORFEITURE by ngadaAwo: 1:36pm On Nov 10, 2022
Ireportlive:
cool

I love how They used their own stupidity to give Tinubu free publicity, now the real court documents are out, they now look like an illiterate

Pablo EscoBAT Drugnibu, the Chicago drug baron will never smell Aso rock.

God forbid BATing

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's " Drug Case": A SIMPLE EXPLANATION OF THE FORFEITURE by N3TRAL: 2:57pm On Nov 10, 2022
Mynd44
Nlfpmod
Re: Tinubu's " Drug Case": A SIMPLE EXPLANATION OF THE FORFEITURE by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:13pm On Nov 10, 2022
Thinkam:

Atiku is coming

Atiku is coming

To be arrested to be brought in for questioning its the same thing.

Tinubu was part of a drug establishment in the 90s its very easy for cartel lawyers to get bail barely hours after arrest.

Unfortunately and fortunately for tinubu he wasn't a smart drug dealer and money launderer that's why he has a case file where he is a defendant and not just a witness .

Do you know what it means to be a defendant in a drug and money laundering case?

If this was Atiku or Peter Obi what would you say Yaruba slave..

Yaruba terrorists like you, I've maintained enough decorum.

Atiku is coming

ngadaAwo:
Pablo EscoBAT Drugnibu, the Chicago drug baron will never smell Aso rock.

God forbid BATing

Been partisan and sentimental with fact always exposes the singular truth that you Obidence are dumb and lack capacity to critically think.

The OP shows that Tinubu was simply a registered account operating legally in the US with countless customers investing their money. It is not Tinube task to investigate where these individuals got their money from. Whether they were drug dealers or human traffickers, he got nothing on that since he isn't the Police or FBI who would handle such a case.

HSBC, the largest bank in Europe and US had same issue around 2012. Some drug cartel from Mexico deposited/invested huge amount of money in the bank. FBI opened up a case and found the source of the money is illicit. HSBC had to forfeit $1.9billion to the US Government. Does that make HSBC ceo and board of directors Drug lords?

Tinubu campaign team really had to make you people look like a fool and airhead who could only dance to any propaganda without critical reasoning. Only an illiterate and scallywags behave ad such and that is the attribute of all Obidence.

The campaign is coming up in full swing few days from. You should all up your games and let us discuss ISSUES.

Re: Tinubu's " Drug Case": A SIMPLE EXPLANATION OF THE FORFEITURE by BeardedMeat(m): 8:33pm On Nov 10, 2022
Ireportlive:
cool

You are too dumb grin

Free publicity and yet you are wailing and kicking.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

NSIA Employees Salary Rose To N46.6m Per Annum As Efficiency Fell / Ariel View Of Peter Obi, Labour Party Imp State Rally (video) / Southern Kaduna Stakeholders Endorse Peter Obi In Kafanchan (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.