Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Satan - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Satan (2042 Views)

Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. / Muhammed Teachings About Shaitan (Satan). . .Just Too Hilarious! / Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Satan by claremont(m): 10:17pm On Aug 23, 2011
@Mazaje: You do have quite a lot of patience going to and fro with this Sexkillz character. To answer your question, the God myth is not much different from the myth of the devil. The religious goons invented the devil myth because they needed to have a character that will act like a boogie man, inculcating a culture of fear on their fellow goons. God and the devil are myths fit enough for fairytale stories, sane men do not believe in such things, but rather, such myths are only propagated by persons classified as delusional.
Re: Satan by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 23, 2011
LOOOOL! Now the GANG is complete! The BABY ATHEISTS is here! With all these una Quetions, person go think say una sabi something! For where, YOU guys are still seeking answers! And to think that not one of YOU can tell ME where EVOLUTION STARTED FROM!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Satan by harakiri(m): 10:51pm On Aug 23, 2011
@sexkillz, If I was a moderator on this forum, I would have banned you outrightly. It's because of nitwits like you matured minds stay off this forum. Even your fellow christians are reading the unending garbage you're spewing and are so ashamed of the embarassment you're making of them as a whole to the extent they probably have goose pimples the size of tooth picks sticking out of their skin. You clearly define the word EMBARASSMENT!
Re: Satan by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 23, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
BANNED FOR PICKING YOUR BRAIN? GO AHEAD MAN! I NO SEND BAN!!!
How many ATHEISTS does it take to light a Stove?? . . . . . . . NONE!!! They are all waiting for GOD to do it , to PROVE HE EXISTS!!!  grin grin grin grin grin grin
YES! THEY ARE THAT DUMB!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Satan by harakiri(m): 11:08pm On Aug 23, 2011
@sexkillz, You? Picking my brain? How can you do that when you don't even have a brain to begin with?
Re: Satan by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 23, 2011
I have a BRAIN! But it is yet to EVOLVE!!! Not my fault!!! What's YOUR own STORY? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Satan by harakiri(m): 11:26pm On Aug 23, 2011
@sexkillz, My story is "I wonder why its so hard for this dumba$$ called sexkillz to understand tha Atheists have absolutely nothing to prove coz we lay claim to nothing" but somehow, the dummy in you can't analyse that simple explanaton or maybe you just need the attention. Which ever, it's only a reetard that would make heads or tails of your gibberish rants. Nuff said!
Re: Satan by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 23, 2011
^^^^^^Relax jor! grin grin Wetin sef? When i noticed i was a re[b]t[/b]ard, i went for a brain change, but the brain rejected me! cry cry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin What's Yours? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Satan by mazaje(m): 6:04am On Aug 24, 2011
@sexkillz, are you going to educate me or not?
Re: Satan by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 24, 2011
When Satan approached Eve (through the speech of the serpent), he actually challenged the rightfulness and righteousness of GOD'S sovereignty. He intimated that God was unrightfully withholding something from the woman; he also declared that God was a liar in saying that she would die if she ate the forbidden fruit. Additionally, Satan made her believe she would be free and independent of God, becoming like God. By this means this wicked spirit creature raised himself higher than God in Eve’s eyes, and Satan became her god, even though Eve, at the time, apparently did not know the identity of the one misleading her. By Satan's action he brought man and woman under his leadership and control, standing up as a rival god in opposition to The TRUE GOD. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Satan by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:34am On Aug 24, 2011
The GOD/SATAN concept is a simplified version of Chaos/Order, Yin/Yan, Cause/Effect, Push/Pull, Death/Birth, Start/End etcetera etcetera. The Intelligent beings who formed this experiment called Earth could only tell a story to man's immature intellect with the hope that as time went on, man would realize this plain truth and ascend into a new era of revolutionary thought and intelligent, Alas, the Israelites took it quite literally and here we are today, established on simpleton stories formed at the era of apes and barbarians -  sad
Re: Satan by mazaje(m): 7:37am On Aug 24, 2011
sexkillz:

When Satan approached Eve (through the speech of the serpent), he actually challenged the rightfulness and righteousness of GOD'S sovereignty. He intimated that God was unrightfully withholding something from the woman; he also declared that God was a liar in saying that she would die if she ate the forbidden fruit. Additionally, Satan made her believe she would be free and independent of God, becoming like God. By this means this wicked spirit creature raised himself higher than God in Eve’s eyes, and Satan became her god, even though Eve, at the time, apparently did not know the identity of the one misleading her. By Satan's action he brought man and woman under his leadership and control, standing up as a rival god in opposition to The TRUE GOD. cheesy cheesy cheesy

I don't really get this. . .According to the story, your God created everything and declared that it was all good, until this satan figure came in and messed it all up for your God. . .Your God gets so upset with what satan has done but instead of fighing satan directly and destroying him, we have passages in the bible that talks about God coming down to fight humans, soaking his shirt with their blood and boasting that he fought them alone, all as a result of what satan has done. . . .Your God tries to get humans on his side but satan keeps pushing them away from him according to the story. . .Instead of destroying Satan he goes after humans. . . .Killed everything to start afresh according to the story, but Satan is still causing havoc after he destroyed everything according to the story. . .

Please, look at Genesis 6.7

I will destroy man whom I have created [/b]from the face of this earth,[b] both man and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowl of the air. . . .

You will notice that your God did not even name Satan as part of his list of things to be destroyed at all even though everything was his fault according to the story and he remains your God's worst enemy that lead his creation astray. Your God is all powerful, he hates Satan yet he can't do anything to him. . .Again how does this convoluted story make any sense please?. . .

A little baby born deaf or blind and a puppy were on the list to be destroyed by your God. And in the bible, all the babies and all the little puppies, virtually every thing created, drowned when you God got angry

Now, if Satan is far worse than your God as you claim, please can you show me a passage in the bible where Satan threatened to destroy God's creation and carried out his threats?
Re: Satan by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 24, 2011
Sexkillz you are at it again ,why don't you just give it a rest. We have no problem with you being delusioned but must you add annoying to your traits
Re: Satan by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 24, 2011
mazaje:

I don't really get this. . .According to the story, your God created everything and declared that it was all good, until this satan figure came in and messed it all up for your God. . .Your God gets so upset with what satan has done but instead of fighing satan directly and destroying him, we have passages in the bible that talks about God coming down to fight humans, soaking his shirt with their blood and boasting that he fought them alone, [/b]all as a result of what satan has done. . . .Your God tries to get humans on his side but satan keeps pushing them away from him according to the story. . .Instead of destroying Satan he goes after humans. . . .Killed everything to start afresh according to the story, but Satan is still causing havoc after he destroyed everything according to the story. . .

Please, look at Genesis 6.7

[b]I will destroy man whom I have created [/b]from the face of this earth,[b] both man and beast
, and the creeping thing, and the fowl of the air. . . .

You will notice that your God did not even name Satan as part of his list of things to be destroyed at all even though everything was his fault according to the story and he remains your God's worst enemy that lead his creation astray. Your God is all powerful, he hates Satan yet he can't do anything to him. . .Again how does this convoluted story make any sense please?. . .

A little baby born deaf or blind and a puppy were on the list to be destroyed by your God. And in the bible, all the babies and all the little puppies, virtually every thing created, drowned when you God got angry

Now, if Satan is far worse than your God as you claim, please can you show me a passage in the bible where Satan threatened to destroy God's creation and carried out his threats?
Now i know you are completely MO[b]R[/b]ONIC! Show me where the BIBLE says so! Why are ATHEISTS SO DUMB? undecided undecided
Re: Satan by manmustwac(m): 8:21am On Aug 24, 2011
sexkillz:

LOOOOL! Now the GANG is complete! The BABY ATHEISTS is here! With all these una Quetions, person go think say una sabi something! For where, YOU guys are still seeking answers! And to think that not one of YOU can tell ME where EVOLUTION STARTED FROM!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
How do you expect an answer to your question about evolution when i locked the topić? A topic that wanted answers from athiests and theists you turn upside-down to WHERE EVOLUTION STARTED FROM? You are supposed to open a new topic to answer that question instead of derailing the previous öne.

Its as if you don't know How to type without making a nuisance of yourself. So am now warning you to expect a ban if you continue the way you do for being NOTHING but a big NUISANCE
Re: Satan by mazaje(m): 8:35am On Aug 24, 2011
@ manmustwac

Please don't ban him. . . .He is a lil crazy I know but let him be pls. . .
Re: Satan by xkillz(m): 8:53am On Aug 24, 2011
Re: Satan by mazaje(m): 8:54am On Aug 24, 2011
sexkillz:

Now i know you are completely MO[b]R[/b]ONIC! Show me where the BIBLE says so! Why are ATHEISTS SO DUMB? undecided undecided

You guys don't read the bible, its always funny that when I tell people many things about the bible the SWEAR that am lying and its not in there. . . .Most christians NEVER read the bible, I as an atheist know much more about the bible and its stories than ANY christian I have ever meet, and am dead serious. . . .

Here is the passage talking about your God killing his enemies and staining his cloth with their blood. . . .

Isa 63:1 Who is this who comes from Edom, from the city of Bozrah, with his clothing stained red? Who is this in royal robes, marching in his great strength? "It is I, the LORD, announcing your salvation! It is I, the LORD, who has the power to save!"

Isa 63:2 Why are your clothes so red, as if you have been treading out grapes?

Isa 63:3 "I have been treading the winepress alone; no one was there to help me. In my anger I have trampled my enemies as if they were grapes. In my fury I have trampled my foes. Their blood has stained my clothes.

Isa 63:4 For the time has come for me to avenge my people, to ransom them from their oppressors.

So here we have your all powerful and all mighty God boasting that he killed his enemies without help from any body and stained his cloth with their blood. Isn't Satan supposed to be your God's worst enemy? Why isn't he fighting Satan and staining his cloth with Satan's blood?. . .Why go around destroying his human enemies and staining his cloth with their blood but unable to do anything to Satan? According to the story Satan was the person that ruined his plans completely, no?. . . .What is it about your God and blood sef?. . . .I tire jare. . . .And you guys want us to believe that this nonsense fictional character called Yahweh created the universe?. . . . Pathetic. . . .
Re: Satan by xkillz(m): 9:20am On Aug 24, 2011
Pathetic? Nah! Dont think so! What is PATHETIC is the way you quote from & misapply verses from a BOOK about a Person You Dont Believe in & a person you claim NOT to EXIST!!! Now that's [size=50pt]PATHETIC!!!![/size]
Re: Satan by mazaje(m): 8:14pm On Aug 24, 2011
xkillz:

Pathetic? Nah! Dont think so! What is PATHETIC is the way you quote from & misapply verses from a BOOK about a Person You Dont Believe in & a person you claim NOT to EXIST!!! Now that's [size=50pt]PATHETIC!!!![/size]

Can you please tell me what the verse says? How am I getting it wrong?. . .does the verse not talk about yahweh killing people who are his enemies and staining his clothing with their blood?
Re: Satan by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:53pm On Aug 25, 2011
some things cannot be reasoned with - you just have to accept sexkillz this is a full-time job for him (keeping the flock 2gether)
Re: Satan by mazaje(m): 10:54pm On Aug 31, 2011
Enough of the God talk abeg. . . .Sexkillz pls come and educate me about Satan. . ,
Re: Satan by aletheia(m): 1:05am On Sep 01, 2011
I wonder why the atheists all get their knickers into a twist because of sexkillz. . .to the point of manmustwac threatening him with a ban? Is it because by his antics he punctures the pretensions of the nairaland's atheists and their pathetic attempts to take themselves serious? Is it because by his words he shows clearly that he's laughing at them and cannot be bothered to take them serious. And we all know how nairaland's atheists cannot bear being laughed at or not taken serious.

Earlier on there was this quote:
harakiri:

@sexkillz, If I was a moderator on this forum, I would have banned you outrightly.
And right on cue:
manmustwac:

So am now warning you to expect a ban if you continue the way you do for being NOTHING but a big NUISANCE
^Let it be noted that manmustwac typed some words in ALL CAPS in the post above and yet threatens to ban sexkillz for using the same technique to emphasize his posts.
For shame! What hypocrisy!
Re: Satan by InesQor(m): 1:32am On Sep 01, 2011
Na wa o.

I cant see what warrants a ban here! Dude is just having fun. I don't see any of NL's rules against passing across your post using a lot of humor. "Respected" people here (no names) do that everytime (okay maybe using some more wit and/or affected comedy) and I don't see them threatened.

And I see many atheists who make jokes out of theist's posts about God. Why don't they get banning threats?

Na wa o.
Re: Satan by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:37am On Sep 01, 2011
^^^ to make light or heavy humor during a discussion is acceptable. However, to punctuate your statements with a direct and blanket insults to give it weight, smacks of
willful disrespect and is an assault on the intelligence of posters Who attempt to gain some value from an intelligent gathering. It is like a man discussing with a petulant child who makes faces and sticks his tongue out rather than a answer your question. You are sooner the buffoon the more you attempt to come down to his impish level to have him see reason. He did not intend to make sense in the first place.
Re: Satan by Purist(m): 8:34am On Sep 01, 2011
aletheia:

Earlier on there was this quote:And right on cue:^Let it be noted that manmustwac typed some words in ALL CAPS in the post above and yet threatens to ban sexkillz for using the same technique to emphasize his posts.
For shame! What hypocrisy!

I think it's okay to sometimes type some words in ALL CAPS for emphasis.  Almost everyone does that from time to time.  But unnecessarily typing an entire comment in ALL CAPS is against the rules of this forum.  Agreed, he didn't do it on this thread, but he had been doing it on other threads, and as at the time of this ban threat, a thread had just been locked because of him.  Here's the thread: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-740780.0.html
Though I must be quick to point out that manmustwac himself was guilty of the same offense on page 6 of that thread (his was a one-off though).

Nairaland Forum Rules and Regulations:
AIM FOR MAXIMUM CLARITY
Always aim for maximum clarity when composing content for the Nairaland, and try your best to adhere to all of the widely acknowledged Internet Posting Guidelines:  avoid unecessary use of all caps, punctuate properly, break your posts into short paragraphs, use clear English (no slangs), et cetera.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-1026.0.html
Re: Satan by InesQor(m): 10:17am On Sep 01, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

^^^ to make light or heavy humor during a discussion is acceptable. However, to punctuate your statements with a direct and blanket insults to give it weight, smacks of willful disrespect and is an assault on the intelligence of posters Who attempt to gain some value from an intelligent gathering. It is like a man discussing with a petulant child who makes faces and sticks his tongue out rather than a answer your question. You are sooner the buffoon the more you attempt to come down to his impish level to have him see reason. He did not intend to make sense in the first place.

@lagerwhenindoubt

Delicious story, bruv.

Besides the ALL CAPS, I see people like - in my possibly wrong opinion - Martian, LagosShia, Sweetnecta and some others consistently do everything else you have described. Personally when I see their posts I tend to skip past them most times. And I don't see them getting ban threats so there is obviously a bias somewhere.
Re: Satan by aletheia(m): 9:08pm On Sep 01, 2011
Really? largerwhenindoubt: And the atheists do not "punctuate [their] statements with a direct and blanket insults to give it weight, smacks of
willful disrespect and is an assault on the intelligence of posters Who attempt to gain some value from an intelligent gathering."

On this same thread from one of you "atheists":
claremont:

The religious goons [/i]invented the devil myth because they needed to have a character that will act like a boogie man, inculcating a culture of fear on their fellow [i]goons.

So in your book, "goon" is a blanket term of endearment? Aren't you guys being hypocritical? If sexkillz gets your goat, why don't y'all ignore him?
Re: Satan by martin2699: 9:32pm On Sep 02, 2011
OKAY POSTER LETS DO IT LIKE THIS. THE WORLD IS LIKE AN ACTION FILM. U HAVE THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY BUT WE NEED TO FOCUS ON THE GOOD AND BAD RIGHT NOW.

PHYSICS CAN NOT EXPLAIN TO ME WHY A MAN WILL THROW HIS HANKY IN THE AIR AND IT SUSPENDS IN MID AIR DANCING.

SCIENCE CAN NOT EXPLAIN TO ME WHY A MAN WILL STICK A KNIFE THROUGH HIS TONGUE AND THERE'S NO BLOOD.

SURELY SCIENCE CAN NOT EXPLAIN MAGIC TO ME.

I WAS WITH ONE OF THESE JAZZ PEOPLE ONE TIME AND HE OFFERED ME A JAZZ RING BUT SAID IF I TOOK IT ILL GET WHATEVER I WANT BUT MY SOUL WOULD BE FOR THE DEVIL. SO OBVIOUSLY TJIS DEVIL GUY HAS SOME YEYE POWERS AND HE IS THE BAD GUY COS IF HE WASN'T HIS FOLLOWERS WOULD HAVE COME OUT TO PROTEST AGAINST WE THE GOOD GUYS FOR CALLING THEIR MASTER THE BAD GUY.

NOW ISN'T THAT A WONDERFUL MOVIE.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am A Muslim, I Love Christians & I Condemn Boko Haram / Jesus Culture / "There is no Hell."

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.