Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again (74776 Views)

Buhari Japa To The Uk Again! / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Possible1805: 7:15pm On Nov 28, 2022
IbeOkehie:

What is your real name? What city do you live in? I'm posting my real name, I'm a pharmacist and I live in Raleigh NC, USA. If indeed you're a plumber please bring your skills here to the USA if you can get the visa, come and earn real money. Plumbers charge $60 just to EVALUATE & DIAGNOSE a problem, no joke. I will be glad to patronize you since I own some apartments and finding maintenance labor can be difficult sometimes. If you actually have the skills to install whole systems you will be a millionaire here within 10 years, guaranteed.

President Buhari and his family have been living in UK & Spain since 1980s. That's a REAL, verified person, a high earning and patriotic Nigerian family. If he has CHOSEN to domicile ALL his children abroad, what you should be doing is taking a deep look into his possible reasoning and asking WHY. Who should I emulate, anonymous YOU or the two-time President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria?

I attended an FGC back in the 1980's. The MAJORITY of my classmates were from the very tip top of upper class Nigeria. Children of Directors & Perm Secs, CBN Governors, Supreme Court Justices, Military Commanders, Governors and so on. These are VERIFIABLE real human beings. The vast majority of them are right here with me in the US/UK. I worked in or attended the same Universities right here in the USA with a couple of President OBJs kids. Do you know Nigeria better than them? Again, who are you?

Abeg let us rest. I moved to that your Nigeria in 2011 and lived there and ran a business. Simply put, Nigeria is uninvestible for very good macroeconomic reasons, that's before talking infrastructure, legal impediments, security, culture and on and on. I've been there and I know what I experienced. Nigeria is a Zoo. I hope and pray � that it will improve but all objective signs indicate worse to come.

Happy Sunday to you all the same!

So I should quit my job and come and sit down with you, will provide job for me everyday and Shey your plumber job will fetch that much every month after tax and after provision I should leave that and come and work hard….

Let everyone do what best for them,
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Davidonkonsults: 7:31pm On Nov 28, 2022
Sheamus007:

Student
At 20 hours a week, unrealistic.

1 Like

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Davidonkonsults: 7:32pm On Nov 28, 2022
Possible1805:

So I should quit my job and come and sit down with you, will provide job for me everyday and Shey your plumber job will fetch that much every month after tax and after provision I should leave that and come and work hard….

Who is forcing or begging you?

2 Likes

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Possible1805: 7:36pm On Nov 28, 2022
Davidonkonsults:

Who is forcing or begging you?

Hungry lion
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Davidonkonsults: 7:50pm On Nov 28, 2022
Possible1805:

Hungry lion
Better than a dead dog like you.

At your age you are opening threads up and down asking strangers if you should travel out. Shows there's not one sensible person in your family or lineage.

1 Like

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 28, 2022
IbeOkehie:
This is seriously funny. Please there's data about economic conditions in Nigeria, this isn't like 25 years ago. Let's quote some of them offhand -

* Only about 0.5% of Nigerian workers earn over ₦200K per month, about 95% of bank accounts contain less than ₦500K. Only 7% of Lagosians have running water in their homes...imagine the rest of the country. Life expectancy in Nigeria is about 60 years for men. That last one has been hitting home for me recently because I personally know 5 relatively healthy acquittances who left the USA & UK to live in Nigeria in the last 4 years and died from one emergency health issue or another. One just happened in Lagos LAST WEEK, the man had a heart attack and was stuck in traffic for 6 hours and died inside the car taking him to the hospital. This is someone that many of his friends had repeatedly advised him to come back to the USA. It just makes concrete the reality that choosing between Nigeria & the UK can be a matter of life and death.

I used to be a hospital lab technician. There's something called platelet concentrate that is sometimes used for babies born with some sort of haemoatology problem. When I moved back to Nigeria in 2011, I was at the FMC Hospital in Owerri when a child was born. The doctor on duty determined that the baby needed platelet concentrate. It was not available ANYWHERE. And the baby died. This is a product we used to throw away like water at my USA workplace because it has an 8 hour shelf life. The standing procedure is to have it available at all times just in case of a neonatal crisis. But in Nigeria it was NOWHERE to be found. The doctor cried and I cried too. It's not that babies don't die in the USA or UK, it's that they don't die cheaply. By the way, the son of a serving Federal Minister also died of the same thing some years ago, he had a crisis and needed a blood product that wasn't available in Nigeria. He died in an air ambulance on the way to the UK. Unfortunately I can't put their grief out here in public, but it's a lesson on how precarious life has become that someone so highly placed can't even save themselves. So much for living the good life in Nigeria.

Simply put, your chances of staying alive are higher in the West, period.

Yes there are people earning millions of dollars in Nigeria, I know a few field engineers in the oil & gas industry or top bankers or people working remotely for big IT companies. Yes, they are there but the more important point is that the numbers of such people in Nigeria are so few as to be negligible. They're a statistically insignificant number and their situation is getting more precarious with each passing year.

I know TWO highly placed families in Nigeria where both parents and ADULT CHILDREN and spouses and grandchildren have moved from Nigeria into the town where I live. These are people who live in Banana Island, Ikoyi, Maitama, who work at major oil & gas companies, banks and are in politics. They pulled up EVERYTHING and abandoned Nigeria. I don't live in a major city so imagine the number that are migrating to London, New York or Houston. The last push for one of them was being REPEATEDLY robbed in Abuja after fleeing the same problem in Lagos years before. The woman told me this personally.

These are people who know what is going on in Nigeria and they're leaving! It's not always about MONEY, it's also about quality of life and peace of mind. The elites of Nigeria - the perm secs, federal directors, academic elites, business moguls, top politicians - are a disgrace to the Black Race. I like the way things are going now, many of them are being forced to flee the results of their own idiocy, now in the West they have to rub shoulders with their victims on an equal basis. And everything I see tells me it's going to get worse.

What is the deception? It's telling that ORDINARY LOWER MIDDLE CLASS life depicted on Facebook is viewed as exaggerated luxury by Nigerians. I know many Nigerians who have been working low wage jobs for over 25 years and they all own homes in good neighborhoods and MULTIPLE cars and their kids are university graduates working good jobs. Most if not all of them have scrimped and saved to build homes in Nigeria too.
However much they spend in UK it's still enough to send plenty of money to their relatives in Nigeria.

This very topic is what brought me to Nairaland. I was SHOCKED to read people mocking the standard of living in the Anglo countries. I came to the USA with zero money, my plane ticket was bought with borrowed money. I started life working illegally in a restaurant. I know for a fact that even back then, working in that restaurant, I was better off than 99% of people in Nigeria. Summary - if I can live a good life in the West, most people can achieve it too.

I'm in the Nigerian community, I hear of people moving to UK all the time, I see people coming into my community every week, every month both illegally and legally, married with children and single, rich and poor. Even when they're starting from scratch, within a year or two they have fully paid off used car they couldn't dream of having in Nigeria, they live in apartments - maybe with a single roommate - with running water, flush toilet and 24 hour electricity. Breathing fresh air with no dust and generator fumes. They can walk the street with confidence, no police checkpoints, they can drive for hours on the highway with no fear of being waylaid by armed robbers or kidnapped. Those are things that are not guaranteed even in Lekki Phase Zero or VGC.

A Professor, a scion of one of the most prominent families in my ancestral village, was kidnapped right in front of his house in Nigeria. The kidnappers collected their 40million and still killed him.

Good thing too Nigerians going to the West now are learning to do manual work like landscaping, computer wiring/network setups, auto mechanics and mobile car wash, cooking food and selling from their homes, sewing clothes & shoe repair, so having papers is not even as much a problem as before. Honestly I wish I had such skills when I arrived here, life would have been a lot easier. There's a woman who sells Nigerian food that we patronize often, we buy like one week worth of food at a time. When you go to pick up at her home you can see they're VERY BUSY. There's one or two more people that have opened walk up - carry out restaurants. They cater parties too. A Nigerian mobile car washer cleaned my car last week, he came to the office and did it. Who needs Green Card to do that?

Nigeria today is not a good place to live for the VAST MAJORITY and it must be a terrible burden to even be rich in the midst of such misery. Hopefully it will get better but all this fakery about life in Nigeria must stop. Y'all know you're not real.

1 Like

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 28, 2022
Octopusssy:

I've heard about the no sex thing if you're a struggling immigrant. So it is true?

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 28, 2022
sukkot:
mayne and you aint call me ?
tamed as in i kinda calmed it down a bit because i kinda cant handle the volume of interactions like when i was in england and its winter time and dark at 5 pm and nothing to do in the evenings so nl was like a full on source of interaction. but now so i toned down my rhetoric so as not to attract as much attention to myself . but i still get down though lol

its like a tamer version of myself

LoL.
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by sukkot: 12:13am On Nov 29, 2022
Surf01:

LoL. This is usually me during winter before I deactivated my then nairaland account
Now I opened another one and politics section is my forte lol.
hehe bro it is what it is. Salute grin grin grin grin. those damn winters lol
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by IbeOkehie: 11:18am On Nov 29, 2022
Surf01:

Lastly, if you're poor in the US, you can't live a quality life. Talking about health care, America is the most expensive. If you don't have health insurance, you are as good as bad. I was once billed $9700 for something so ridiculous. So, money is important anywhere you are.

As for me, I'm going to live a quality life wherever I found myself. People claim to live a substandard life in Nigeria but such was never my fate. If I still decided to relocate back in the future, I'm still going to be fine.

You're talking complete nonsense. Again I ask, who are you? Can you give us your real name? If indeed you're an oil & gas engineer in Nigeria, you're among the 0.05% who earn over ₦‎200K per month. My wife is an oil & gas engineer like you, she also worked for a American oil company in Nigeria so I have a good idea about your industry. Your experience of Nigeria is RARE, my experience as a new immigrant here is normal for a POOR hardworking American and yet I enjoyed many things that even you don't or didn't enjoy in Nigeria as a member of the highest paid elite in that country. Let that sink in! Get the point!

I started poor in America. I worked illegally at a restaurant in the MiniCity area of Raleigh North Carolina. After living rent free with a relative for 6 months, I was on my own. Remember, I was 16 years old!!!

I rented a fully serviced 2bd 2 full bathroom modern apartment with a roommate. 24hr electricity, 24 hr water included in rent, full air-condition & heating, fridge, microwave, washing machine and pest control.

I lived here, this was my first apartments

Lexington on the Green Apartment Homes Raleigh NC 27604
(984) 213-4914
https://g.co/kgs/qRvDd6

The grass was manicured, air smelled fresh, very safe as in very little crime...on holidays and in the summer they would put gift baskets at our door. There was a giant soccer field next door where Nigerians and Africans gathered to play soccer on weekends, for free, real standard fields maintenaned by the city.

What percentage of people live like this in Lagos or Calabar or Minna? And I had only been in the USA less than 1 year and could afford this!

I had my own fully paid used car. In 7 years I saved up enough build a house in Nigeria, buy a car for my parents and put myself through university with ZERO loan while working. Yes o...did all that... and I was POOR!!! I lived better than bankers and junior doctors in Nigeria! I should have stayed in Nigeria and worked at Mr Biggs abi?

Healthcare costs....yes I've been lucky not to have health problems but I know ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS right now who have had health emergencies and have been treated for FREE.

I know ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS right now who get ONGOING CLINICAL CARE with doctors appointment and interventions and they don't pay a single dollar. This is right now today. How much more Americans?

And by the way, the old jeer about Americans not having Healthcare access is changing. Just Google!!! Thanks to President Obama, over 90% of Americans now have health insurance �� Get it? It's called Obama care.

https://www.census.gov/library/publications/2021/demo/p60-274.html

In 2020, 8.6 percent of people, or 28.0 million, did not have health insurance at any point during the year

Which means over 90% of Americans have health insurance now. So please TAKE THAT ARROW out of your quiver of criticism, it's over. The vast majority of Americans have Healthcare now via insurance. Wonderful!

grin grin grin

Even me I didn't realize till this very moment that coverage is this good! Wow! And I'm a pharmacist...thanks for making me check! And that's another thing. This insurance data shows how, generally speaking, over time, things get BETTER in the Anglo-Western nations. That's why an American of Igbo ancestry has a better chance of becoming President or Prime Minister in the US/UK than in Nigeria.

Yes we complain and I have some serious complaints, but it hasn't gotten so bad here I would advise the 99.95% of Nigerians making less than 200K per month to stay in Nigeria if they had a chance to migrate to US/UK. You dey craze angry

And what is poverty in the USA anyhow? The median income in the USA is $65K. That means 50% of all USA households earn over $65K. I think that's a good achievement for the USA. The official poverty rate is around what, $30K for a family of four and that means government will take care of that family in a lot of ways with my taxes grin Another reason to insult us....we pay taxes!!! LOL

I supervise a bunch of people at work. These are 22 to 30 year old workers, some without college degrees. They ALL drive better, newer and more posh cars than me! Helloooo! I can post the photos of our parking lot, you will be shocked! How many families own or have access to their own exclusively used car in Nigeria Yes Americans buy cars on payment but at least they have the car right? They use it, enjoy it and it serves their NEEDS. What else do you want?

And with all the insults you guys pile on diasporans, we still send $10 to 25 billion per year into Nigeria to prop up your economy. In fact I sent out $1500 yesterday. I don't blame you guys sha. Black Africans are experts at emotional abuse.

Keep your Nigeria. I'm alright, I'll continue living abroad with President Buhari and his family. At least they're REAL people I know, I'll follow his example and not some nameless rankoteur on Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Treadway: 12:09pm On Nov 29, 2022
IbeOkehie:

You're talking complete nonsense. Again I ask, who are you? Can you give us your real name? If indeed you're and oil & gas engineer in Nigeria, you're among the 0.05% who earn over ₦‎200K per month. My wife is an oil & gas engineer like you, she also worked for a American oil company in Nigeria so I have a good idea about your industry. Your experience of Nigeria is RARE, my experience as a new immigrant here is normal for a POOR hardworking American and yet I enjoyed many things that even you don't or didn't enjoy in Nigeria as a member of the highest paid elite in that country. Let that sink in! Get the point!

I started poor in America. I worked illegally at a restaurant in the MiniCity area of Raleigh North Carolina. After living rent free with a relative for 6 months, I was on my own. Remember, I was 16 years old!!!

I rented a fully serviced 2bd 2 full bathroom modern apartment with a roommate. 24hr electricity, 24 hr water included in rent, full air-condition & heating, fridge, microwave, washing machine and pest control.

(984) 213-4914

The grass was manicured, air smelled fresh, very safe as in very little crime...on holidays and in the summer they would put gift baskets at our door. There was a giant soccer field next door where Nigerians and Africans gathered to play soccer on weekends, for free, real standard fields maintenaned by the city.

What percentage of people live like this in Lagos or Calabar or Minna? And I had only been in the USA less than 1 year and could afford this!

I had my own fully paid used car. In 7 years I saved up enough build a house in Nigeria, buy a car for my parents and put myself through university with ZERO loan while working. Yes o...did all that... and I was POOR!!! I lived better than bankers and junior doctors in Nigeria! I should have stayed in Nigeria and worked at Mr Biggs abi?

Healthcare costs....yes I've been lucky not to have health problems but I know ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS right now who have had health emergencies and have been treated for FREE.

I know ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS right now who get ONGOING CLINICAL CARE with doctors appointment and interventions and they don't pay a single dollar. This is right now today. How much more Americans?

And by the way, the old jeer about Americans not having Healthcare access is changing. Just Google!!! Thanks to President Obama, over 90% of Americans now have health insurance �� Get it? It's called Obama care.

Which means over 90% of Americans have health insurance now. So please TAKE THAT ARROW out of your quiver of criticism, it's over. The vast majority of Americans have Healthcare now via insurance. Wonderful!

grin grin grin

Even me I didn't realize till this very moment that coverage is this good! Wow! And I'm a pharmacist...thanks for making me check! And that another thing. This shows how, generally speaking, over time, things get BETTER in the Anglo-Western nations. That's why an American of Igbo ancestry has a better chance of becoming President or Prime Minister in the US/UK than in Nigeria.

Yes we complain and I have some serious complaints, but it hasn't gotten so bad here I would advise the 99.95% of Nigerians making less than 200K per month to stay in Nigeria if they had a chance to migrate to US/UK. You dey craze angry

And what is poverty in the USA anyhow? The median income in the USA is $65K. That means 50% of all USA households earn over $65K. I think that's a good achievement for the USA. The official poverty rate is around what, $30K for a family of four and that means government will take care of that family in a lot of ways with my taxes grin Another reason to insult us....we pay taxes!!! LOL

I supervise a bunch of people at work. These are 22 to 30 year old workers, some without college degrees. They ALL drive better, newer and more posh cars than me! Helloooo! I can post the photos of our parking lot, you will be shocked! How many families own or have access to their own exclusively used car in Nigeria Yes Americans buy cars on payment but at least they have the car right? They use it, enjoy it and it serves their NEEDS. What else do you want?

And with all the insults you guys pile on diaspora, we still send $10 to 25 billion per year into Nigeria to prop up your economy. In fact I just sent out $1500 yesterday. I don't blame you guys sha. Black Africans are experts at emotional abuse.

Keep your Nigeria. I'm alright, I'll continue living abroad with President Buhari and his family. At least they're REAL people I know, I'll follow his example and not some nameless rankoteur on Nairaland.

word doesn't exist. No be fight o, just saying it doesn't exist. I like enriching my vocab collection, so when I see a new word, I take notice. As per the topic/discussion, well done! Same goes for everyone. A lot of info is being shared on both sides of the divide.

PS: I have also noticed you tend to talk about the stupid leaders we have as a yardstick of sorts, you and other abroadarians too. I thought we all agree these people are stupid, hopeless and directionless? How come these days at every turn you read something like, 'If Buhari is doing so so and so, why shouldn't I'..? Aren't they supposed to be stupid and hopeless people? Those bastards are not the kinda of people I would want to compare myself to in any way shape or form. You can make your stands without bringing them into the picture, cos you'd be indvertently saying they are so on point, as opposed to how we describe them otherwise. grin cool
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by IbeOkehie: 12:42pm On Nov 29, 2022
Treadway:
word doesn't exist. No be fight o, just saying it doesn't exist. I like enriching my vocab collection, so when I see a new word, I take notice. As per the topic/discussion, well done! Same goes for everyone. A lot of info is being shared on both sides of the divide.

PS: I have also noticed you tend to talk about the stupid leaders we have as a yardstick of sorts, you and other abroadarians too. I thought we all agree these people are stupid, hopeless and directionless? How come these days at every turn you read something like, 'If Buhari is doing so so and so, why shouldn't I'..? Aren't they supposed to be stupid and hopeless people?

No, people like you come here telling LIES to inflict psychological damage on those abroad. I've been through that for a loooong time so I'm here to give others the truthful ammunition they need to keep their pride up. I'm IMMUNE to your rubbish because I'm REAL. Post your name and job so people who know you can interject if you're lying, so we can Google you and see if your story is real. This is my name, I'm originally from Nkwerre in Imo State. I live in Raleigh NC. I'm a pharmacist and I married an engineer in Nigeria who worked for American oil companies. How about you? Care to bless us with some CREDIBILITY?

Varied spelling.....the word exists...raconteur, some spell it with K, please check Google or Oxford Dictionary.

If possible I do what President Buhari does because he's an influential and powerful person who knows how Nigeria works. He's more CREDIBLE than a faceless and nameless bitter lemon � on a message board.

Secondly yes your politicians are wicked and dishonest and are cheating the Nigerian people. So a good response is to stop being a MUGU, that's the very first step before anything else.

How old are you? In 1983 Buhari was President and telling Nigerians not to emigrate� because it's unpatriotic. In fact he had a famous line in his first speech to Nigerians on Dec 31 1983 and I quote:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/features-and-interviews/183847-from-the-archive-buharis-first-speech-as-nigerias-military-head-of-state-in-december-1983.html

We have no other country but Nigeria, we must remain here and salvage it together

Yet at the same time he was busy moving all his family to UK and Spain. Luckily for me I had the chance to reject his deception and do exactly what he did for his own family.

You people even have the guts to criticize the USA for racism when 90% of the top earning CEOs of Nigerian public companies are White Europeans or Asians!!!! Right there in Nigeria!

Shame!!!

So YES, I escaped and took my entire family with me too. I even gave the country a second chance by returning in 2011. Let the MUGU who believed and elected Buhari when he said "there's nothing like fuel subsidy" continue tolerating the mess. Enjoy the Change!!!

Sorry, I'm done. Nigerians have Adeboye and Oyakhilome to pray for them, I know they will be very OK ��

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Treadway: 3:03pm On Nov 29, 2022
IbeOkehie:

No, people like you come here telling LIES to inflict psychological damage on those abroad. I've been through that for a loooong time so I'm here to give others the truthful ammunition they need to keep their pride up. I'm IMMUNE to your rubbish because I'm REAL. Post your name and job so people who know you can interject if you're lying, so we can Google you and see if your story is real. This is my name, I'm originally from Nkwerre in Imo State. I live in Raleigh NC. I'm a pharmacist and I married an engineer in Nigeria who worked for American oil companies. How about you? Care to bless us with some CREDIBILITY?

Varied spelling.....the word exists...raconteur, some spell it with K, please check Google or Oxford Dictionary.

If possible I do what President Buhari does because he's an influential and powerful person who knows how Nigeria works. He's more CREDIBLE than a faceless and nameless bitter lemon � on a message board.

Secondly yes your politicians are wicked and dishonest and are cheating the Nigerian people. So a good response is to stop being a MUGU, that's the very first step before anything else.

How old are you? In 1983 Buhari was President and telling Nigerians not to emigrate� because it's unpatriotic. In fact he had a famous line in his first speech to Nigerians on Dec 31 1983 and I quote:

We have no other country but Nigeria, we must remain here and salvage it together

Yet at the same time he was busy moving all his family to UK and Spain. Luckily for me I had the chance to reject his deception and do exactly what he did for his own family.

You people even have the guts to criticize the USA for racism when 90% of the top earning CEOs of Nigerian public companies are White Europeans or Asians!!!! Right there in Nigeria!

Shame!!!

So YES, I escaped and took my entire family with me too. I even gave the country a second chance by returning in 2011. Let the MUGU who believed and elected Buhari when he said "there's nothing like fuel subsidy" continue tolerating the mess. Enjoy the Change!!!

Sorry, I'm done. Nigerians have Adeboye and Oyakhilome to pray for them, I know they will be very OK ��
yea I already saw the correct spelling 'Raconteur' on Google before I quoted you. As per everything else, all I can say is you sir are a raconteur grin. Too many story wey no 'consign' me, but it's all good as we keep it real with the most high cool

1 Like

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by IbeOkehie: 3:22pm On Nov 29, 2022
Treadway:
yea I already saw the correct spelling 'Raconteur' on Google before I quoted you. As per everything else, all I can say is you sir are a raconteur grin. Too many story wey no 'consign' me, but it's all good as we keep it real with the most high cool

Wrong spelling is not mischief, but constant denigrating of your compatriots abroad based on LIES and misrepresentations is definitely malevolent. It calls into question your motives.

Nigerians abroad have no savings! But we build houses for CASH in Nigeria, even a TEENAGER like me did it! We send $20 BILLION per year, bigger than the FGN budget...we're still useless broke homeless people. Like your Baba Buhari you still keep screaming NO SAVINGS!

When all else fails, the Nigerian calls on God. When the LIES can't cut the sauce, it's time to pour out the Blood Of Jesus.

I have thoroughly debunked your LIES. I've lived the REAL life in the USA and Nigeria, been upper middle class and poor in BOTH places. I'm not even sure you've traveled to Lagos from your village.

Anyone reading this can tell I'm credible. Go to the Igbo Anglican Church on Corporation Parkway in Raleigh NC, mention my family name and then ask about my story. I've not even told ONE QUARTER of what would be relevant here. Listen...my family has been living back and forth across the Atlantic for over 70 years. Yes. Go ask and anyone who knows my family will tell you. Think about that and then go find fuel for your gen, NEPA has taken light grin

I know what I'm talking about...you don't.

Goodbye!

2 Likes

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Treadway: 3:39pm On Nov 29, 2022
IbeOkehie:

Wrong spelling is not mischief, but constant denigrating of your compatriots abroad based on LIES and misrepresentations is definitely malevolent. It calls into question your motives.

Nigerians abroad have no savings! But we build houses for CASH in Nigeria, even a TEENAGER like me did it! Like your Baba Buhari you still keep screaming NO SAVINGS!

When all else fails, the Nigerian calls on God. When the LIES can't cut the sauce, it's time to pour out the Blood Of Jesus.

I have thoroughly debunked your LIES. I've lived the REAL life in the USA and Nigeria, been upper middle class and poor in BOTH places. I'm not even sure you've traveled to Lagos from your village.

Anyone reading this can tell I'm credible. Go to the Igbo Anglican Church on Corporation Parkway in Raleigh NC, mention my family name and then ask about my story. I've not even told ONE QUARTER of what would be relevant here. Listen...my family has been living back and forth across the Atlantic for over 70 years. Think about that and then go find fuel for your gen, NEPA has taken light grin

I know what I'm talking about...you don't.

Goodbye!

what exactly ails you bros? Autobiography after autobiography with each post.....
Which lies I tell o? Screenshot the lie abeg make I see.
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by IbeOkehie: 4:13pm On Nov 29, 2022
Possible1805:

Surf01:

Lastly, if you're poor in the US, you can't live a quality life. Talking about health care, America is the most expensive. If you don't have health insurance, you are as good as bad. I was once billed $9700 for something so ridiculous. So, money is important anywhere you are.

As for me, I'm going to live a quality life wherever I found myself. People claim to live a substandard life in Nigeria but such was never my fate. If I still decided to relocate back in the future, I'm still going to be fine.

You're talking complete nonsense.

This is my name. I'm a pharmacist in Raleigh NC. Again I ask, who are you? Can you give us your real name? If indeed you're an oil & gas engineer in Nigeria, you're among the 0.05% who earn over ₦‎200K per month. My wife is an oil & gas engineer like you, she also worked for a American oil company in Nigeria so I have a good idea about your industry. Your experience of Nigeria is RARE, my experience as a new immigrant here is normal for a POOR hardworking American and yet I enjoyed many things that even you don't or didn't enjoy in Nigeria as a member of the highest paid elite in that country. Let that sink in! Get the point!

(984) 213-4914

And by the way, the old jeer about Americans not having Healthcare access is changing. Just Google!!! Thanks to President Obama, over 90% of Americans now have health insurance �� Get it? It's called Obama Care.

In 2020, 8.6 percent of people, or 28.0 million, did not have health insurance at any point during the year

grin grin grin

Even me I didn't realize till this very moment that coverage is this good! Wow! And I'm a pharmacist...thanks for making me check! And that's another thing. This insurance data shows how, generally speaking, over time, things get BETTER in the Anglo-Western nations. That's why an American of Igbo ancestry has a better chance of becoming President or Prime Minister in the US/UK than in Nigeria.

And with all the insults you guys pile on diasporans, we still send $10 to 25 billion per year into Nigeria to prop up your economy. In fact I sent out $1500 yesterday. I don't blame you guys sha. Black Africans are experts at emotional abuse.

Keep your Nigeria. I'm alright, I'll continue living abroad with President Buhari and his family. I follow what people do, not what they SAY....actions not words. At least they're REAL people I know, I'll follow his example and not some shallow nameless rankoteur on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by IbeOkehie: 4:52pm On Nov 29, 2022
Treadway:
what exactly ails you bros? Autobiography after autobiography with each post.....
Which lies I tell o? Screenshot the lie abeg make I see.

What is your name? What is your location? What job do you do, what company do you own or who employs you?

Give us some CREDIBILITY, without that everything you've written is LIKELY untrue or deceptive. You're a Nigerian after all, we know you shocked
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Davidonkonsults: 5:02pm On Nov 29, 2022
Treadway:

PS: I have also noticed you tend to talk about the stupid leaders we have as a yardstick of sorts, you and other abroadarians too. I thought we all agree these people are stupid, hopeless and directionless? How come these days at every turn you read something like, 'If Buhari is doing so so and so, why shouldn't I'..? Aren't they supposed to be stupid and hopeless people? Those bastards are not the kinda of people I would want to compare myself to in any way shape or form. You can make your stands without bringing them into the picture, cos you'd be indvertently saying they are so on point, as opposed to how we describe them otherwise. grin cool

It is not comparison. It is merely pointing out that even the elite are running away with their family up to the president. So the argument that the country is the best on earth once you have lots of money is a baseless one. Not to talk of you that generator noise and smoke wants to finish at Ajah. Generic statement not directed at you.

1 Like

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Davidonkonsults: 5:10pm On Nov 29, 2022
Treadway:

As e no concern you, leave am waka pass. God created the earth for all of us. The fact one was born somewhere does not mean he must not move from there. Migration started in Genesis in the Bible.

After working for 8 years in Nigeria, I got a sponsored job in the UK for a project management role. While I could have pushed for remote working and stayed in Nigeria, what's the point? So I can convert pounds to naira and form big boy? I see no reason not to try the environment here.

Nobody is pressuring anyone to leave the country here. In fact, remain in Nigeria please. Its people are opening threads saying there is no need to travel because there are now designer clothes and McDonald's in Nigeria. So that's the goal of people here? Smh.

1 Like

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Treadway: 5:13pm On Nov 29, 2022
IbeOkehie:

What is your name? What is your location? What job do you do, what company do you own or who employs you?

Give us some CREDIBILITY, without that everything you've written is LIKELY untrue or deceptive. You're a Nigerian after all, we know you shocked
I am Treadway on Nairaland. Anything else about me that I haven't already shared, implies that those details are none of your business. That you graciously share with us your very lengthy autobiograpies with every post you make, does not imply that I entered any reciprocity deal with you in that regard. I don't have to share my CV with you to state my positions, I did that just fine with data and evidence attached to my posts.

Also, I don't know what storms or mid-life crisis you are dealing with, I can only pray the prince of peace be with you. Because for someone who is in a literal heavenly place, you should be all shades of soothed, calm, happy, jolly..you should be farting flowers! But instead you are giving off very triggered and frustrated vibes all day long. It is well sir.

The question remains, pls screenshot the lie(s) u claim I have told make I/we see am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Treadway: 5:16pm On Nov 29, 2022
Davidonkonsults:

As e no concern you, leave am waka pass. God created the earth for all of us. The fact one was born somewhere does not mean he must not move from there. Migration started in Genesis in the Bible.

After working for 8 years in Nigeria, I got a sponsored job in the UK for a project management role. While I could have pushed for remote working and stayed in Nigeria, what's the point? So I can convert pounds to naira and form big boy? I see no reason not to try the environment here.

Nobody is pressuring anyone to leave the country here. In fact, remain in Nigeria please. Its people are opening threads saying there is no need to travel because there are now designer clothes and McDonald's in Nigeria. So that's the goal of people here? Smh.
quote the owner of the thread with this your epistle. E still no 'consign' me.
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Treadway: 5:20pm On Nov 29, 2022
Davidonkonsults:

It is not comparison. It is merely pointing out that even the elite are running away with their family up to the president. So the argument that the country is the best on earth once you have lots of money is a baseless one. Not to talk of you that generator noise and smoke wants to finish at Ajah. Generic statement not directed at you.
lol. Funny enough I live in Ibadan. Pele. It's good to let off steam.
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 29, 2022
IbeOkehie:

You're talking complete nonsense. Again I ask, who are you? Can you give us your real name? If indeed you're an oil & gas engineer in Nigeria, you're among the 0.05% who earn over ₦‎200K per month. My wife is an oil & gas engineer like you, she also worked for a American oil company in Nigeria so I have a good idea about your industry. Your experience of Nigeria is RARE, my experience as a new immigrant here is normal for a POOR hardworking American and yet I enjoyed many things that even you don't or didn't enjoy in Nigeria as a member of the highest paid elite in that country. Let that sink in! Get the point!

(984) 213-4914

grin grin grin

I
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by IbeOkehie: 5:51pm On Nov 29, 2022
Surf01:

I initially thought you're real person but from my perception you have a warped overview of life. If you suffered in Nigeria before you left, that doesn't mean everyone did. You people have issues with anyone that narrate a different Nigerian scenario. I wasn't an average man. Had my Msc in the US in 2011, self sponsored (parent fund) Yes,I sponsored the program with my own money. Had a chance to sponsor through Graduate assistant and all that but I denied cuz I didn't want to be distracted. Came back home for reasons best known to me and entered NNPC through Graduate trainee the same Year. Most people will remember the NNPC recruitment in 2011/2012. Left NNPC for a top IOC I wouldn't mention after a year. I've tasted life in US, Nigeria, UK and I can tell you I have about the same access in Nigeria. Yeah, if your type didn't leave nigeria, you will probably end up as a roadside mechanic, true. But that's not everyone story. I'm a US citizen today. If I so decided to retire back home, I'm still game. You wish everyone to tell you they're suffering or they suffered in Nigeria but that's not true. Before I reached 32,I already had a home to my name in one of the decent areas in Lagos.

You sound like a very confused being who think everyone in the US is better than 99% in Nigeria. Lol. Me and you know how Life is in the US. That's if you really had a US experience. We all know, except we want to deceive those in Naija the way we used to by painting wrong impression. I probably lived better than you as a student back then. Lol

Yeah, I have insurance, still I paid over $9k for an injury. You won't understand how the health sector in America is ripping us off. It's heavily capitalism and the players are not smiling

American buy everything on credit. My type of person never had to do that. Like I said,I'm not the average American. Thanks.

If I'm fake, what are you? What is your name? What is your job?

Yes, over 99.95% of Nigerians earn less than 200K Naira per month grin That's FACT, it can't be wished away and it's EXACTLY the point of this thread!!!

Over 90% of Americans have health insurance now.

Credit? How many adult Nigerians over age 40 own a home at all, credit or not? Current official data is that 85% of Nigerians RENT their homes, the current figure in USA is about 35%. After 30 years, you own the home in the USA...same for cars.

You can't even LEGALLY own land or a home in Nigeria. ALL land belongs to the government in Nigeria, that's why you get a CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY, not a TITLE or Deed of Ownership, which is what I have in the USA. You in Nigeria own NOTHING, your Governor can seize your house any day and you can do jack about it. Most Nigerians don't even know this simple fact.

Buzz off!!! Landless citizen of Nigeria!
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 29, 2022
IbeOkehie:

Credit? How many adult Nigerians over age 40 own a home at all, credit or not? Current official data is that 85% of Nigerians RENT their homes, the current figure in USA is about 35%. After 30 years, you own the home in the USA...same for cars.

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 29, 2022
IbeOkehie:

You can't even LEGALLY own land or a home in Nigeria. ALL land belongs to the government in Nigeria, that's why you get a CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY, not a TITLE or Deed of Ownership, which is what I have in the USA. You in Nigeria own NOTHING, your Governor can seize your house any day and you can do jack about it.

Buzz off!!!

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Davidonkonsults: 6:17pm On Nov 29, 2022
Treadway:
quote the owner of the thread with this your epistle. E still no 'consign' me.
But you are replying. I will quote whoever I like here.

1 Like

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Davidonkonsults: 6:21pm On Nov 29, 2022
Surf01:

I initially thought you're real person but from my perception you have a warped overview of life. If you suffered in Nigeria before you left, that doesn't mean everyone did. You people have issues with anyone that narrate a different Nigerian scenario. I wasn't an average man. Had my Msc in the US in 2011, self sponsored (parent fund) Yes,I sponsored the program with my own money. Had a chance to sponsor through Graduate assistant and all that but I denied cuz I didn't want to be distracted. Came back home for reasons best known to me and entered NNPC through Graduate trainee the same Year. Most people will remember the NNPC recruitment in 2011/2012. Left NNPC for a top IOC I wouldn't mention after a year. I've tasted life in US, Nigeria, UK and I can tell you I have about the same access in Nigeria. Yeah, if your type didn't leave nigeria, you will probably end up as a roadside mechanic, true. But that's not everyone story. I'm a US citizen today. If I so decided to retire back home, I'm still game. You wish everyone to tell you they're suffering or they suffered in Nigeria but that's not true. Before I reached 32,I already had a home to my name in one of the decent areas in Lagos.

You sound like a very confused being who think everyone in the US is better than 99% in Nigeria. Lol. Me and you know how Life is in the US. That's if you really had a US experience. We all know, except we want to deceive those in Naija the way we used to by painting wrong impression. I probably lived better than you as a student back then. Lol

Yeah, I have insurance, still I paid over $9k for an injury. You won't understand how the health sector in America is ripping us off. It's heavily capitalism and the players are not smiling

American buy everything on credit. My type of person never had to do that. Like I said,I'm not the average American. Thanks.
I like this part. It highlights your stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 29, 2022
IbeOkehie:

Yes, over 99.95% of Nigerians earn less than 200K Naira per month grin That's FACT, it can't be wished away and it's EXACTLY the point of this thread!!!

You can't even LEGALLY own land or a home in Nigeria. ALL land belongs to the government in Nigeria, that's why you get a CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY, not a TITLE or Deed of Ownership, which is what I have in the USA. You in Nigeria own NOTHING, your Governor can seize your house any day and you can do jack about it. Most Nigerians don't even know this simple fact.

And where did you see your statistics?
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 29, 2022
Davidonkonsults:

I like this part. It highlights your stupidity.
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 29, 2022
IbeOkehie:

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by IbeOkehie: 6:39pm On Nov 29, 2022
Surf01:

Lol. Ignorance. Your home in the US is as good as gone if you defunct on mortgage. You don't own that home even if you finish paying.

And by the way, I'm not in Nigeria. And no governor can seize my home lol. No need to reveal my identity. Seizing my home is like seizing my family's property. That's not what Lagos government will do. Thanks

While you might not amount to nothing in Nigeria, I actually did and will still do when I move back. US gave you life, that's okay. I also leverage on the same opportunity you have. But stop painting the whole Nigeria as poor. If you roll with poor people in Nigeria, that's just you.

Not true...you don't own land in Nigeria. Go read the Land Use Act, it's in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, it can't even be easily changed. No individual owns land in Nigeria, that's why mortgages are so rare, that's one of many reasons why investment inflow is low. It's hard to use the land as COLLATERAL because you don't own it. Be advised!

Whatever you say, as long as you pay your mortgage, the land and home is yours in the USA.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

The Cost Of Fueling A Plane From Lagos To London / Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport / Sunday Emem Becomes The First Driver To Cross The Second Niger Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 196
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.