Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,575 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again (74774 Views)

Buhari Japa To The Uk Again! / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Rdfactor(m): 6:39pm On Nov 29, 2022

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Davidonkonsults: 6:44pm On Nov 29, 2022
Surf01:

LoL. Go away. You don't matter.
You reply people that don't matter? And you think you do? Stupid pup.
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by IbeOkehie: 6:44pm On Nov 29, 2022
Surf01:

Here.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/85-of-nigeria%E2%80%99s-urban-populace-lives-in-rented-houses/

Do village houses even count? 85% of urbanites in Nigeria are RENTERS.

Las, las, your PRESIDENT BUHARI and his family have lived abroad for over 40 years. There's very good reasons why.

And you don't live abroad, you only CLAIM to be abroad. Give us evidence, then we will believe.

Case Closed.
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Kaycee54321(m): 6:46pm On Nov 29, 2022
Rdfactor:
This thread has been dominated by the powerful people. Lol. See them quoting truth. I think everyone is right in their own way. I'll just read and pass o, this thread is not for hustling head like me ooo

I dey tell you oh.
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 29, 2022
IbeOkehie:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/85-of-nigeria%E2%80%99s-urban-populace-lives-in-rented-houses/

Do village houses even count? 85% of urbanites in Nigeria are RENTERS.

Las, las, your PRESIDENT BUHARI and his family have lived abroad for over 40 years. There's very good reason why. You don't live abroad, you only CLAIM to be abroad. Give us evidence, then we will believe.

Case Closed.

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Rdfactor(m): 6:51pm On Nov 29, 2022
Kaycee54321:

I dey tell you oh.

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 29, 2022
Davidonkonsults:

You reply people that don't matter? And you think you do? Stupid pup.

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Treadway: 7:01pm On Nov 29, 2022
Surf01:

Find attached some of the banks I'm currently using. Bank of America, US Bank, discover credit card and a Nigerian bank (wema Bank)

Still use Nigerian bank cuz I do frequent Nigeria just about everytime.
you don't need to do the same thing Ibeokehie does. No need to boast, just stick to the facts.. such as the fact that Mr Ibeokehie shared a link that is over 11 years old. That is a 2011 article bro.

Edited: I realise now that you posted that screenshot to prove something to him....well, it's your call.
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 29, 2022
Treadway:
you don't need to do the same thing Ibeokehie does. No need to boast, just stick to the facts.. such as the fact that Mr Ibeokehie shared a link that is over 11 years old.

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Treadway: 7:11pm On Nov 29, 2022
Surf01:

I don't do that really. But to be honest, these people spew misinformation. They make it look like everyone for Nigeria is dying of hunger. Let's say I'm well placed in the Nigerian community which helped, but I have friends who will never leave nigeria for anything. I want to see them here, I can invite them, still they'll rather come on vacation and go back. One of them visited me last December and he just couldn't use more than a month even though I made sure I hosted him in one of the Best location in the US. Left New York for the Midwest because of sanity, yet I went ahead to host him in my place in New York, still he told me staying with me was boring. These people here make it look like no one is living well in Nigeria. That's not true

Whether I'm in Nigeria or US or Canada, I can never lack. I don't tell people because of criticism, but I used to enjoy my time in Nigeria better. I know people are suffering in Nigeria but I've not met them , maybe because I have a shield which bar me from Nigerian average life. I love nigeria, I love the US, I love UK, and I wish these places well because I have a thing or two to do in all of them.
yea which is why I would have stuck to the figures. For example, I became a house owner in 2016, so in 2011 it stands to reason that I was not yet captured in that statistic. Information from 11years ago, is pretty dated and therefore cannot be truly reflective of current realities. That is a FACT.
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 29, 2022
Treadway:
yea which is why I would have stuck to the figures. For example, I became a house owner in 2016, so in 2011 it stands to reason that I was not yet captured in that statistic. Information from 11years ago, is pretty dated.

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Davidonkonsults: 7:34pm On Nov 29, 2022
Surf01:

Like I said, you don't count. you dont count. I'm still holding this chat because I read ObeOkehie submission and he really make sense. I noticed some sincerity in his discussion, he's just getting some things wrong
And you still reply.
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 29, 2022
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 29, 2022
Davidonkonsults:

And you still reply. What a dumb twaat. Your stupid father doesn't count so I wonder why you think his miserable sperm cell counts. Keep talking. I'm on my time for id1ots.
Okay. Thanks
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Davidonkonsults: 7:41pm On Nov 29, 2022
Surf01:

Okay. Thanks
You welcome pup.
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by jackals(f): 7:42pm On Nov 29, 2022
Surf01:
ObeOkehie, And I saw in one of your post about your wife . Nice submission. But that's your wife. She love the US, great. Most people do. Got married sometimes last year to the only daughter of a highly placed politician in NG. My wife won't probably leave her career in Nigeria only to come here permanently. She's a British citizen too. Although here in the US now,but still can't wait to follow me to naija in December. Everyone's experience is different bro.

And you said one person earn $1M per year Here in the US? Is the individual a CEO? Most of the highly placed engineers I have as friends here don't earn near that. Most don't even earn better than me. $1M/year is possible but that's if your wife is a doctor and your earn damn well too as family

U r not single right �. You seem � like a very cool man. And u can't marry two wives? Ahah �
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by IbeOkehie: 7:45pm On Nov 29, 2022
Surf01:

Find attached some of the banks I'm currently using. Bank of America, US Bank, discover credit card and a Nigerian bank (wema Bank)

Still use Nigerian bank cuz I do frequent Nigeria just about everytime.

Anyone can download an app and do a screenshot.

What is your NAME? What do you do for a living? What city are you located?

Here - https://portal.ncbop.org/verification/search.aspx

Put my last name in there. See? Registered Pharmacist in the State of North Carolina.

Oga wetin be your name?

You are NOT an Engineer and you've never been abroad.

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 29, 2022
IbeOkehie:

Anyone can download an app and do a screenshot.

What is your NAME? What do you do for a living? What city are you located?

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 29, 2022
jackals:

U r not single right �. You seem � like a very cool man. And u can't marry two wives? Ahah �

LoL I'm married. Don't let my wife see this o. LoL. Big grin �
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by jackals(f): 8:05pm On Nov 29, 2022
Ednut1, come and delete this thread. Dy ar oppressing us ooo
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by IbeOkehie: 8:09pm On Nov 29, 2022
Surf01:

Now I can see you're a troll. Anyone can download these apps ?

Bye

Yes, ANYONE can download those apps!!! Chineke, are you trying to tell me there's some kind of restriction in downloading ANY app? You don't have to have an actual account!

You're a typical Nigerian fake, PRETENDING to be something because you want to OPPRESS others! I've learned the hard way to distrust Nigerians, you're generally a WICKED people. Quote me anywhere!

I've told you my name, ancestral village, profession, city of residence....and you want me to take you seriously when you can only supply downloaded apps on a screenshot?

Bye!!!
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 29, 2022
IbeOkehie:

Yes, ANYONE can download those apps!!! Chineke, are you trying to tell me there's some kind of restriction in downloading ANY app? You don't have to have an actual account!

You're a typical Nigerian fake, PRETENDING to be something because you want to OPPRESS others! I've learned the hard way to distrust Nigerians, you're generally a WICKED people. Quote me anywhere!

I've told you my name, ancestral village, profession, city of residence....and you want me to take you seriously when you can only supply downloaded apps on a screenshot?

Bye!!!

Just got out. Took this on the road. From my car
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by IbeOkehie: 8:21pm On Nov 29, 2022
Surf01:

Just got out. Took this on the road. From my car

You own a car? In Nigeria? You're a Big Man for sure!!!

Me, I'm writing from the new settlement in Mars. Just got here.

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 29, 2022
IbeOkehie:

Bye!!!

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 29, 2022
IbeOkehie:

Me, I'm writing from the new settlement in Mars. Just got here.

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by IbeOkehie: 8:24pm On Nov 29, 2022
Surf01:

We both know you're in Naija. Lol.

Nitpicking to make a point.

Surf01:

Like I said, you don't count. you dont count. I'm still holding this chat because I read ObeOkehie submission and he really make sense. I noticed some sincerity in his discussion, he's just getting some things wrong

Yes I cited 11 year old data, but Nigeria is a much more economically depressed place today than 11 years ago. Nigeria today is HELL for 95.95% of the populace. That's FACTUAL.

And now he gives up. Dude, I'm even on Facebook. You will NEVER supply your identity because all your claims are FAKE.

Goodbye. I'm done with this thread. It's left for readers to judge who has more credibility.

Thanks!
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by ednut1(m): 9:42pm On Nov 29, 2022
jackals:
Ednut1, come and delete this thread. Dy ar oppressing us ooo
lol not a mod
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by IbeOkehie: 10:02pm On Nov 29, 2022
Treadway:
yea which is why I would have stuck to the figures. For example, I became a house owner in 2016, so in 2011 it stands to reason that I was not yet captured in that statistic. Information from 11years ago, is pretty dated and therefore cannot be truly reflective of current realities. That is a FACT.

The economy of Nigeria TODAY is much worse than 11 years ago. I know the percentage of adults owning homes in Nigeria MUST be lower than in 2011. It's just logical and you know it.

Stop faking abeg....
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Treadway: 10:11pm On Nov 29, 2022
IbeOkehie:

The economy of Nigeria TODAY is much worse than 11 years ago. I know the percentage of adults owning homes in Nigeria MUST be lower than in 2011. It's just logical and you know it.

Stop faking abeg....
it can't be lower, because like I said I joined the fold in 2016, so that is at least 1 added to the existing number. Now add the many others that built or bought houses from 2011 to date. The houses some japa people are selling this 2022, na ghost dey buy them? Lol

Of course the economy is worse off. I have said it here more than once. Spending 10k USD (1.5m) in 2014 was not hectic at all. No one here is disputing that one...but yet the show must and is going on.
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 29, 2022
Treadway:
it can't be lower, because like I said I joined the fold in 2016, so that is at least 1 added to the existing number. Now add the many others that built or bought houses from 2011 to date. The houses some japa people are selling this 2022, na ghost dey buy them? Lol

Of course the economy is worse off. I have said it here more than once. Spending 10k USD (1.5m) in 2014 was not hectic at all. No one here is disputing that one...but yet the show must and is going on.

The guy's not arguing for things to get better. He's arguing to prove how Naija is having it worse and that's where they all want nigeria to be;at the corner to be ridiculed. I searched him and he doesn't look like one doing fine. He is a pharmacist like he claimed. I have someone in Raleigh, Glenwood neighbours to be precise. Raleigh is the capital city of NC. So, it might be true he's in the US and I expect him to know how things work in the US, but to my surprise he is just off point.

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by IbeOkehie: 9:15pm On Dec 01, 2022

The guy's not arguing for things to get better. He's arguing to prove how Naija is having it worse and that's where they all want nigeria to be;at the corner to be ridiculed. I searched him and he doesn't look like one doing fine. He is a pharmacist like he claimed. I have someone in Raleigh, Glenwood neighbours to be precise. Raleigh is the capital city of NC. So, it might be true he's in the US and I expect him to know how things work in the US, but to my surprise he is just off point.

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by grandstar(m): 2:08am On Jul 29, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Well I've gone out of my way to try and be open. Can you tell us your real name and what you do for a living? Let's measure this strength. I've gotten 6 people out of Nigeria, in the process of doing 4 more, translate that to plane ticket cost alone and tell me who is weak and strong.

I lived in USA for over 15 years before taking my fate in my hands and moving back to Nigeria and creating a business and creating jobs. I was listening to people like you, I was once an enthusiastic fan of Nigeria believe it or not. Now I've LIVED THE REALITY as a rich Nigerian and I know what you're writing here is FALSE.

Only 0.4% of Nigerians earn ₦200K per month, 99.7% of all bank accounts contain less than ₦500K. This means basically ALL Nigerians are "weak" and my stand is they deserve a better life in a more decent society. These statistics also mean there's a VERY HIGH PROBABILITY that you yourself are not earning much in Nigeria. You're among the "weak" and like a typical Nigerian you want to keep everyone down at your level.

Wait till APC wins the next election, Nigeria will be like Somalia, Venezuela and Lebanon. Your CHALLENGE will be even bigger. Good Luck.

Do you know the policies that brought Venezuela and Lebanon to their present state?

For Venezuela, basically too many subsidies, from a heavily subsidized currency to subsidized consumer go9ds and lastly, heavily subsidized oil which is smuggled to Columbia.

Tinubu ended the last of the fuel subsidies, that of petrol and saved $10bn. The government now wants to end the last subsidy-that of electricity. Tinubu is doing just the opposite of Venezuela.

You also mentioned Lebanon- what brought it to its knees?

Lebanon has weak governments that can't make decisions, especially tough ones.

When a government is weak and cannot make tough actions, it resorts to heavy borrowing, no different from what Buhari was doing. When you refuse to cut spending, you start borrowing to make up for the shortfall.

Lebanon debt to GDP was a whopping 200%. The prime reason for this was a bloated Civil service which needed pruning but it was untouchable. The economy was one waiting to bust. The blast was the last straw.

Tinubu has made the tough decision of not only ending subsidy, but he also ended the forex subsidy at the official rate. This has saved the country over $12bn.

How then is Nigeria like Venexuela or Lebanon?

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

The Cost Of Fueling A Plane From Lagos To London / Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport / Sunday Emem Becomes The First Driver To Cross The Second Niger Bridge

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63