Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,186 members, 7,825,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing (24970 Views)

How Soludo, Peter Obi, Ifeanyi Ubah, Ekwunife Shaped Anambra Politics In 2023 / Soludo: Peter Obi Knows That He Can’t And Won’t Win / Soludo Debunks Claims That Peter Obi’s $20M Investment in Anambra Is Worth $100M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by LILTJAY: 9:28am On Nov 11, 2022
StoneLucifer:

Abeg go and sit down, dullard..Your comment is irrelevant.
if my comment is irrelevant, why did you now quote me?
Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by jackobi(m): 9:43am On Nov 11, 2022
Is Peter Obi the only candidate? Small thing Peter Obi this, Peter Obi that. Haba!!!. Some People are having sleepless nights because of Peter Obi.
By God's grace Peter Obi is our next president.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by Houstency(m): 9:49am On Nov 11, 2022
Nairaland the most biased forum on earth. Tinubu's fraud case hasn't seen the front pages but any little negatives about other candidates is pushed immediately to frontpage. The mod and seun responsible, keep it up! Obi has come to stay and nothing, biased peeps like you can do about it.

1 Like

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by SugarGirl44(f): 9:53am On Nov 11, 2022
Obingo ti gbe awon obituarists l’andikap.
Hehehe.....

2 Likes

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by Johnrake69: 9:55am On Nov 11, 2022
SmartyPants:

See my previous answer to this:

One is surely in favour of attracting investment but I don't buy this story that putting state money in the company was the only way to draw investment. Is Peter Obi the first one to attract investors to a State?

Take my state, Edo for example, when Obaseki drew Dangote to the state, they did it just the way I prescribed above, by creating favourable investment conditions, not by putting State money into the project.

The only time it is advisable to undertake such PPP is when the investor is brought in to provide some service that is integral to the infrastructure of the State. For example, power supply, roads, security etc. And this is done for the purpose of exercising oversight not to encourage investment.

It's not done anywhere that I know of but if you have some examples, i'd be happy to learn.

See, I get your point completely. But in this context I don't really think it was a bad move. Sabmiller is the second biggest brewery in the world and among fortune 500 companies. If that was the terms then it's fine and good. How many states in Nigeria have attracted a fortune 500 company?

I know alot of people here in Nigeria that invest in fortune 500 companies.

If his successors continued with that vision Anambra state would have become a fully industrialised state by now.

Soludo is clearly against it let's see the companies he will attract by doing things differently. It's not enough to condemn. It's refreshing to have this type of brain stimulating conversation courtesy of Peter Obi's administration. If we move the conversation to my state in Delta the only conversation is how much Ibori, Uduaghan and Okowa looted. I'm sure it's same with your state in Edo state.
Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by zelnababa(m): 9:57am On Nov 11, 2022
lolz kasala don burst
Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by pquaver(m): 10:00am On Nov 11, 2022
PointZerom:
smiley
This is OBI'S handover report, let Soludo come and debunk it. It is in the public.

My friend will u throw way this olu woke.. Obiano has already debunked it..

1 Like

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by PointZerom: 10:03am On Nov 11, 2022
casualobserver:

You guys really are daft!!!

You are more daft.
Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by pquaver(m): 10:04am On Nov 11, 2022
successmatters:

Don't mind them

But we should mind u Dat Tinubu didn't attract the ones in lagos ba?
Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by PointZerom: 10:04am On Nov 11, 2022
Chikeluba25:

Oga carry this toilet tissue comot here...

How much is Dollar now? Can the amount in that tissue paper fund your state budget?

Shut up.

If the investment didn't appreciate,blame your Government. SIMPLE.
Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by PointZerom: 10:08am On Nov 11, 2022
pquaver:

My friend will u throw way this olu woke.. Obiano has already debunked it..

Obiano is entitled to his opinion. I am sure if he had praised Obi you wouldn't have accepted such praise.

You should ask Obiano what he did better than Obi.
Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by DaveHarry(m): 10:24am On Nov 11, 2022
State needs money for infrastructural devt, and one sitting governor is saving them for what he doesn't even know.....

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by DaveHarry(m): 10:26am On Nov 11, 2022
Johnrake69:

See, I get your point completely. But in this context I don't really think it was a bad move. Sabmiller is the second biggest brewery in the world and among fortune 500 companies. If that was the terms then it's fine and good. How many states in Nigeria have attracted a fortune 500 company?

I know alot of people here in Nigeria that invest in fortune 500 companies.

If his successors continued with that vision Anambra state would have become a fully industrialised state by now.

Soludo is clearly against it let's see the companies he will attract by doing things differently. It's not enough to condemn. It's refreshing to have this type of brain stimulating conversation courtesy of Peter Obi's administration. If we move the conversation to my state in Delta the only conversation is how much Ibori, Uduaghan and Okowa looted. I'm sure it's same with your state in Edo state.

Na looters we get for Delta state, no b leaders.
Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 11, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

Soludo was a Central Bank and a Professor of Economics, so he is woke in the area of money and investments. If Soludo says Obi's investments are worthless, he is being nice.

Obi's investments are audio investments.

He bought fire trucks. When Obiano came in the fire trucks were not functional. Old and obsolete equipments. So Obiano upgraded them. Few days ago there was fire in Onitsha and the fire truck malfunctioned. Was this one of the old obsolete inventory from Obi, or an upgrade?

Meanwhile, we should give credit to Obi for his vision with alcohol consumption. He made sure Anambra never lacked beer, till this day.

Anytime Obi say he invested or left money, refer him to this revelation by Soludo.

Obi is Nigerian version of British John Bull. A lad sent to school by his parents, after many years, his peers had advanced in academics but John was still incompetent, could not spell his name, much more solve an arithmetical problem. Infact, Obi with his pixie voice sound like John Bull.

Bloody dullard.

Lol. This had me ROFLMAO. grin grin It is true though. I have always insisted Obi is a coward, glorified scammer and empty barrel. Soludo just confined it in a rather nice way.

Soludo is being too kind even. The reality is that Anambra is fcked. Come and see the number if Anambra Igbos everywhere in Lagos to know Igbos are bigoted ingrates to dare suggest fraudster Obi is fir to wipe Tinubu's shoes let alone be better than him.

People are beginning to see through Obi and the initial euphoria and gra-gra is diminishing fast.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by georgeakins: 10:27am On Nov 11, 2022
PointZerom:
smiley
This is OBI'S handover report, let Soludo come and debunk it. It is in the public.

Gov Obiano has repeatedly debunked the report.

1 Like

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by KPGGlobal: 10:30am On Nov 11, 2022
LegendHero:

Soludo destroyed Obi in that interview. That is the same thing we always say on Nairaland here, why will you save money when your people are dying of hunger and need good road?

Obiano came and spent everything while Soludo already borrowed 100billion. What is the advantage of Obi saving that money to Anambra people?

To now crown it, Soludo claimed Obi investment then is worth Next to Nothing!

So you now blame the person who kept money and leave the person who squandered it.

una well at all

simple economics!!!

Have you looked out other countries and see their savings??
Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by okorogodwin4(m): 10:33am On Nov 11, 2022
Obi is still far better than the bullion van drug Baron satan
Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by PointZerom: 10:33am On Nov 11, 2022
georgeakins:

Gov Obiano has repeatedly debunked the report severally.

Who's obiano and what did he do better than Obi?

Were you expecting APGA GOVERNOR to praise Obi who dumped the party?.
Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by KPGGlobal: 10:33am On Nov 11, 2022
Relaxnrethink:
It is left for Willie Obiano (Obi's successor) to give statistics of Peter Obi's governance.

Any mismanagement Soludo witnessed came from Obiano's failure not Peter Obi.
Nigeria govt and EFCC knows politicians more than you, why do they skip Peter Obi and started chasing Obiano around?

PDP/APC agents of destruction trying harder to stain Peter Obi but man is stainless from day one.

DO NOT MIND THEM

They keep going in circles because of chicken change they will receive.

Because of tribal stupidity

we will be back again after 4 or 8 years

1 pound may be 8000 by then

Una never still get sense abi
Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 11, 2022
LegendHero:

Soludo destroyed Obi in that interview. That is the same thing we always say on Nairaland here, why will you save money when your people are dying of hunger and need good road?

Obiano came and spent everything while Soludo already borrowed 100billion. What is the advantage of Obi saving that money to Anambra people?

To now crown it, Soludo claimed Obi investment then is worth Next to Nothing!

Bro, na we dey ground na. Anambra folks, men and women,yapa for Lagos. What is the biggest sign that the UK and USA are better run than Nigeria than the fact a lot of Nigerians want to relocate to those nations and citizens of those nations are not rushing to Nigeria?

You go were better opportunities exist. Simple.

These things are only rocket science to Igbos who blind themselves to what even a child can see because of ethnic, religious and sectional hatred of others.

1 Like

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 11, 2022
okorogodwin4:
Obi is still far better than the bullion van drug Baron satan

Is that why millions of Anambra folks are in Lagos while you'd struggle to find even 100k non-Igbo Lagosians in Anambra today?

Anambra is a bigger State than Lagos Igbos and Nigerians should be relocating to, as they migrate to Lagos in thousands daily, if the State is well-run and hosting jobs, business and investment opportunities. Keep fooling yourself.

1 Like

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by pquaver(m): 10:43am On Nov 11, 2022
festacman:
Enthroning a new political order is good but the truth is that infrastructure wise, Peter Obi failed Anambra State people. Saving money for a State that was in dire needs of infrastructure was dumb to say the least. The throwback tweets of some of current Peter Obi supporters from Anambra State who bitterly critized Peter Obi at that time for his failings were the reflection of the truth.

But in the spirit of "onuru ube nwanne agba n'oso", we move.

Bro u said the truth.. Nothing but the truth
Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 11, 2022
KPGGlobal:

DO NOT MIND THEM

They keep going in circles because of chicken change they will receive.

Because of tribal stupidity

we will be back again after 4 or 8 years

1 pound may be 8000 by then

Una never still get sense abi

Your dumb scaremongering, to position Obi as default messiah, is amateurish and convincing no one. It is Tinubu who has walked the walk, provided most solutions and developed the best State, by far, in Nigeria today.

Nigeria, unless IPOBian bigots, will not reject him for the empty barrel called Peter Obi.
Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by pquaver(m): 10:48am On Nov 11, 2022
PointZerom:

Obiano is entitled to his opinion. I am sure if he had praised Obi you wouldn't have accepted such praise.

You should ask Obiano what he did better than Obi.

The airport stands tall till today. I font have to ask Obiano.. The airport speaks for him

2 Likes

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by PointZerom: 10:56am On Nov 11, 2022
pquaver:

The airport stands tall till today. I font have to ask Obiano.. The airport speaks for him

He ended up in EFCC net but Obi has no case to answer GO AND VERIFY.
Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by pquaver(m): 10:58am On Nov 11, 2022
PointZerom:

Obi has gone for efcc appointment for money laundering and others.. Today Obiano is free just like obi so what exactly are you saying.. Investigation has been carried out on both.. Be like u obidient no dey reason. Oo

1 Like

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by PointZerom: 10:59am On Nov 11, 2022
festacman:
Enthroning a new political order is good but the truth is that infrastructure wise, Peter Obi failed Anambra State people. Saving money for a State that was in dire needs of infrastructure was dumb to say the least. The throwback tweets of some of current Peter Obi supporters from Anambra State who bitterly critized Peter Obi at that time for his failings were the reflection of the truth.

But in the spirit of "onuru ube nwanne agba n'oso", we move.

In that case everything FFK and KEYAMO had said about Thifnubu are the reflection of the truth?
Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by Emoc: 11:05am On Nov 11, 2022
SugarGirl44:
Obingo ti gbe awon obituarists l’andikap.
Hehehe.....

Wretched thief, you will languish in filth all the days of your miserable life.
Meanwhile, your USELESS mama remains cursed.
Dirty eko pig tongue

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by AsomughaChuks05: 11:09am On Nov 11, 2022
PointZerom:

Which EFCC? Why haven't they charged him for any offence more than 8 months after that drama? Peter Obi is a failure in comparison to Chief Willie Obiano. You have heard Governor Soludo confirm it now.

1 Like

Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by PointZerom: 11:23am On Nov 11, 2022
AsomughaChuks05:

Which EFCC? Why haven't they charged him for any offence more than 8 months after that drama? Peter Obi is a failure in comparison to Chief Willie Obiano. You have heard Governor Soludo confirm it now.

You want and APGA GOVERNOR to sing the praises of a man that dumped his party?
Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by Biggeststar01: 11:40am On Nov 11, 2022
LILTJAY:
shutup and getat

Aswear Yoruba people no get sense at all... tufiakwa...I never this kind senseless people in forever, go and research your own and get the truth from horse's mouth....as for me I don't have anything against tinubu, but the fact that he is tribalistic, that is why I cannot vote for him...how can you be conducting a campaign to be president of Nigeria that has over 444 languages and you are speaking only yoruba....plus the fact that all his speeches and manifestos seems to intruigue only the average Yoruba man who thinks all igbos are ipob....that fact is another reason why I cannot vote for him
Re: Soludo: Peter Obi’s Alleged Investment In Anambra Is Worth Nothing by maasoap(m): 11:42am On Nov 11, 2022
AdamuKD:
Soludo is very envious of Obi
Akurakambe:
Peter Obi is the people's choice. There's nothing Urchins and useless politicians can do about it.

Soludo is pained and jealous of Peter Obi rising profile.

Lame

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari, Tinubu Attend Manchester Event / Oby Ezekwesili Blasts CBN Governor Emefiele For Fixing Exchange Rate / Anambra Election: APC Poor Outing ''Self Inflicted,' - Uche Nwosu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.