Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,226 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

2,000 PDP Supporters Defect To APC In Kogi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2,000 PDP Supporters Defect To APC In Kogi (273 Views)

Ntete Bassey Duke, Supporters Defect To Labour Party / 10,000 PDP Members Decamp To APC In Edda, Ebonyi State (Photos) / Okowa’s Special Assistants Lead 5,000 PDP Members To APC [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2,000 PDP Supporters Defect To APC In Kogi by trutharena: 2:11am On Nov 11, 2022
Ahead of the 2023 general elections, political alignments and re alignments have commenced in Kogi State as no fewer than 2000 supporters of the opposition Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) from Adankolo, Ward A of Lokoja Local Government have defected to the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

The ceremony to receive those who defected was well attended by both the leaders and members of the APC yesterday.

According to the defectors, the massive infrastructural development seen all over the state, including Adankolo, has endeared them to the administration of Governor Yahaya Bello and the APC.

Dignitaries at the occasion include the Kogi State Commissioner of Solid Minerals and Natural Resources, Mr. Abubakar Bashir Gegu; The Chairman of Lokoja Local Government Council, Hon. Muhammad Dan Asabe Muhammad; APC’s ward and local government chairmen, women and youth leaders, top government officials and many other personalities.

Prominent among the defectors is a Renowned Political Activist, Mr. Muhammed Ibrahim Aro, who was the coordinator of the incumbent Member of the House of Representatives, Hon. Shaba Ibrahim (PDP, Lokoja/Kogi).

Gegu, who welcomed the defectors to the fold of the APC on behalf of the Kogi State Governor, Mr. Yahaya Bello, congratulated them over their freedom from slavery and forced labour for the comfort of PDP leaders.

He said that the new comers have taken the wisest political decision to dump the PDP.

He said: “It is only at the APC that you can rialise your opportunities, while in the PDP you have to belong to certain families before you are allowed to contest election.”

He admonished them to remain loyal and committed to the party as they have equal opportunities with every member of the party both new and old.

Gegu noted that Adankolo has never had it so good since the return to democracy, pointing out that the PDP’s rule of 16 years only brought miseries to the people, but the narrative changed with the coming of Yahaya Bello.

He explained that the best model Science Secondary School in the North Central region of Nigeria is in Adankolo, township road network is also found in Adankolo as well collaboration with the people to provide security for area that was hitherto crime prone.

In his welcome remarks, the APC’s Chairman of the Lokoja Local Government Council, Mr. Muhammad Bature, assured them that they would not regret their decision to join APC.

On his part, Muhammad commended Governor Bello over the numerous achievements recorded by his administration, urging the defectors to feel free to visit offices so as to be aquatinted with APC activities.

Source: https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/11/10/2000-pdp-supporters-defect-to-apc-in-kogi/amp/

CC: Mynd44

3 Likes

Re: 2,000 PDP Supporters Defect To APC In Kogi by donphilopus: 2:13am On Nov 11, 2022
Tinubu is the next President. This is audible to the deaf, visible to the blind, vocal to the dumb and perceivable to the anosmia.

3 Likes

Re: 2,000 PDP Supporters Defect To APC In Kogi by Ireportlive: 2:14am On Nov 11, 2022
cool

.. Tinubu wave
.abeg nobody dey defect enter Loser Party

3 Likes

Re: 2,000 PDP Supporters Defect To APC In Kogi by Urheadmaster(m): 2:14am On Nov 11, 2022
donphilopus:
Tinubu is the next President. This is audible to the deaf, visible to the blind, vocal to the dumb and perceivable to the anosmia.

Because of the 2,000 misplaced priorities tongue

God forbids BATting tongue.

2 Likes

Re: 2,000 PDP Supporters Defect To APC In Kogi by Urheadmaster(m): 2:16am On Nov 11, 2022
Ireportlive:
cool

.. Tinubu wave

Keep on wailing.

After all is what you are being payed for a living tongue
Re: 2,000 PDP Supporters Defect To APC In Kogi by Nobody: 2:45am On Nov 11, 2022
As it stands today, His Excellence, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu does not have any opposition in 2023!

Peter and Atiku should unite and channel their funds to a profitable business like fish-farming.

Wasting time, resource and aviation fuel will not get either to anywhere!

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu`s train is unstoppable, and the earlier dwarfs know, the better for them!

Somethings in life are a constant, and unchangeable!

2 Likes

Re: 2,000 PDP Supporters Defect To APC In Kogi by Mystic216: 2:50am On Nov 11, 2022
I don’t know why I don’t regard Kogi state a bit
Very irrelevant state
Contributes almost nothing to the nation
I don’t really know why. But personally, Kogi is just too irrelevant and more like a dead state to me

No hate or hard feelings against Kogi people
Just personal opinion and view
Re: 2,000 PDP Supporters Defect To APC In Kogi by Nobody: 2:58am On Nov 11, 2022
Mystic216:
Very irrelevant state
I don’t really know why. But personally, Kogi is just too irrelevant and more like a dead state to me

You will know how "IRRELEVANT" state is, after election!

I believe Zamfara, Taraba, Bauchi, Katsina, Gombe, Borno, Kebbi, Niger, Ekiti, Osun and Katsina, are also irrelevant?

Just wait till His Excellence, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is sworn-in, then you will know the full meaning of "Irrelevant"

1 Like

Re: 2,000 PDP Supporters Defect To APC In Kogi by Ireportlive: 3:07am On Nov 11, 2022
Mystic216:
Very irrelevant state

You must be a villager not to know Obajana Cement plant that made Dangote a multi billionaire in Dollars is in Kogi State

Infact Solid mineral GDP and Revenue of Nigeria is mostly gotten solely from Kogi State
Re: 2,000 PDP Supporters Defect To APC In Kogi by Mystic216: 3:10am On Nov 11, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

You will know how "IRRELEVANT" state is, after election!

I believe Zamfara, Taraba, Bauchi, Katsina, Gombe, Borno, Kebbi, Niger, Ekiti, Osun and Katsina, are also irrelevant?

Just wait till His Excellence, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is sworn-in, then you will know the full meaning of "Irrelevant"
My opinion has nothing to do with politics
I’m just saying, not about their population or voting power

And for you urchin that is counting all those northern state for your drug lord, you made a mistake
You could have just k!ll Atiku and Kwankwaso. Then declare your shaker bum lord a president of iragbiji kingdom
Re: 2,000 PDP Supporters Defect To APC In Kogi by garfield1: 3:18am On Nov 11, 2022
Cc aiel123, adegbaraogboye, trinitycian,atiku loses defection battle
Re: 2,000 PDP Supporters Defect To APC In Kogi by ngadaAwo: 7:47am On Nov 11, 2022
Ireportlive:

You must be a villager not to know Obajana Cement plant that made Dangote a multi billionaire in Dollars is in Kogi State

Infact Solid mineral GDP and Revenue of Nigeria is mostly gotten solely from Kogi State
shatap what do you know
Re: 2,000 PDP Supporters Defect To APC In Kogi by ngadaAwo: 7:47am On Nov 11, 2022
Ireportlive:
cool

.. Tinubu wave

thunder fire Tinubu - Ireportlive Moh247

(1) (Reply)

Vote Buying: Tinubu Donates N40m To Flood Victims In Edo Thru Adams Oshiomhole / VIDEO: Drama As Tinubu Hails PDP During APC Presidential Campaign Rally In Jos / Atiku: How We Set Up DMO, Got Okonjo-iweala To Leave World Bank For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.