Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,868 members, 7,813,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar (26818 Views)

Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ / Naira Rebounds As Banks Offload Excess Dollars / Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar by ALTERNATEID: 6:58am On Nov 11, 2022
Ddworld:

Blinded rats. Is this the issue of been unpatriotic or a weak economy? Nigeria is a goner if a primary student should think like yours. It is either you are extremely daft or just a born folly.

Did you know the rate as of this morning?

If you’re part of the unpatriotic elements buying up dollars to weaken the Naira, your loss has just started. You all will lose and disgraced. Nigeria shall overcome all you unpatriotic economic scoundrels.

1 Like

Re: Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar by Realist12: 7:18am On Nov 11, 2022
All of these boils down to patriotism, some people have lost faith in Nigeria and the naira. We see people promoting saving in dollar ,preaching fall for the naira.
But the CBN governor is doing a good job . Kudos

6 Likes

Re: Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar by Elliotwaveforec: 7:24am On Nov 11, 2022
Penguin2:

Your point is clear and understood.

Until Nigeria increases its production capacity which will increase its export volume and consequently increase the FX it earns, the problem of dollar exchanging at exorbitant rates against the naira will not be solved.

But there’s a factor you are overlooking which is what CBN is trying to tackle. That factor is maliciousness of some people and FX marketers who either hoard the dollar or engage in the sabotage that further increases the stress on the naira.

Or are you going to rule that out?
Nigeria doesn't even import much outside refined crude oil. Do you know that 70% of our imports is refined crude oil? And the remaining 30% is other products.

By the time we start refining our oil, I see Dollar at 250, if only the government can sustain the clampdown on speculators both offline (BDC) and online (crypto arbitrageurs and P2P); the players mentioned cause artificial exchange rates.

6 Likes

Re: Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 11, 2022
Fake news! Its 920.
Re: Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar by DissTroy(m): 7:53am On Nov 11, 2022
Imagine celebrating 720 exchange rate as a rebound? Same exchange which was 500 earlier in the year. You've become so pitifully stoic that you can stomach the shit you ate fed with and wash it down with urine.

720 is not a rebound.

2 Likes

Re: Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar by Brunicekid(m): 7:55am On Nov 11, 2022
Peterobi90:
The moment pictures of the new designed naira is released, dollar might get as low as 500..
500 is not low abeg, 150 is lower than 500.
Re: Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar by Racoon(m): 7:56am On Nov 11, 2022
This is the effects of Buhari economics.
Re: Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar by PJ123: 7:57am On Nov 11, 2022
Viscuz:

Naira is now useless you can argue or blame any third party you like .

It is DEAD !!!

Why is this your prayers? What do stand to gain in all of these?
Re: Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar by pquaver(m): 7:57am On Nov 11, 2022
Acidosis:

They are not f00ls. The Naira redesign is still useless to the FX market.

Forex exchange is not Ponzi scheme. A productive economy is the only way to achieve a sustainable Fx rate. There is NO other way.

So if nothing has happened to our productive capacity and earning power, any gain you see now at the street market is only a reaction to market uncertainties.

Moreover, we are approaching the Christmas era where Nigeria traditionally earn the highest remittances from Nigerians abroad.

Finally, the Naira has not gained at the official window yet so even that remittance thing is debatable. Any gain or loss you see now at the street market is part of the reaction to the uncertainty that surrounds the CBN announcement. It is not sustainable.

Don't forget Biden also announced that dollars printed after a certain time will become useless
Re: Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar by uuzba(m): 7:58am On Nov 11, 2022
Realist12:
All of these boils down to patriotism, some people have lost faith in Nigeria and the naira. We see people promoting saving in dollar ,preaching fall for the naira.
But the CBN governor is doing a good job . Kudos
People stop being patriotic to the nation when the government starts to cheat them.
Eg, government officials having uncountable allowances, or travelling overseas for medical treatment, or using foreign goods instead of local ones.
These are the things that piss the people off.
As you can see then, it has been very long people stopped being patriotic.

5 Likes

Re: Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar by tamdun: 8:00am On Nov 11, 2022
Ddworld:

So, where will CBN gets the dollar? Apply for the 100 USD at your bank and let me know if your bank gave it to you and how many weeks or months it was approved?
U can go and get urs from aboki, we nigwlike doing things the wrong way, with valid documents you'll get dollars from bank
Re: Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar by uuzba(m): 8:01am On Nov 11, 2022
tamdun:

U can go and get urs from aboki, we nigwlike doing things the wrong way, with valid documents you'll get dollars from bank
But people get this dollars from bank and still give aboki to sell for them again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar by Nteogwuija(m): 8:01am On Nov 11, 2022
pquaver:

Don't forget Biden also announced that dollars printed after a certain time will become useless

This has been debunked.

1 Like

Re: Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar by pquaver(m): 8:04am On Nov 11, 2022
Nteogwuija:

This has been debunked.

OK thanks for the info
Re: Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar by Acidosis(m): 8:05am On Nov 11, 2022
pquaver:

It is FAKE news.

No educated person should believe such.
Re: Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar by BannedUser: 8:08am On Nov 11, 2022
It will still get back up to 1000/$ in the long term because there's nothing our govt. is currently doing fundamentally to stop this from happening. It's just a matter of time...

2 Likes

Re: Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar by Viscuz: 8:10am On Nov 11, 2022
PJ123:

Why is this your prayers? What do stand to gain in all of these?

And who told you it's my prayer.

Why do you guys shy away from the truth ?

You see white and call it black .

Naira is dead hold your leadership accountable and stop thinking everything is spiritual

2 Likes

Re: Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar by SerendipityHIGH: 8:12am On Nov 11, 2022
Peterobi90:
The moment pictures of the new designed naira is released, dollar might get as low as 500..

Why will it get low?

I need logical analysis pls

1 Like

Re: Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar by Treadway: 8:21am On Nov 11, 2022
Viscuz:

And who told you it's my prayer.

Why do you guys shy away from the truth ?

You see white and call it black .

Naira is dead hold your leadership accountable and stop thinking everything is spiritual
prayer or not, me i sha want it to drop, and I believe it will (I didn't expect it this soon anyway), cos it's in my/our best interest for it to drop, and keep dropping anywhich way. All this story I don't understand, cos a situation is bad doesn't mean we should all decide to lose hope and burn a house down with us in it.
Re: Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 11, 2022
tamdun:

Obviously, you've never applied for usd before. I am 100% sure YOU have NEVER in your life done that.

Good luck

4 Likes

Re: Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 11, 2022
ALTERNATEID:

If you’re part of the unpatriotic elements buying up dollars to weaken the Naira, your loss has just started. You all will lose and disgraced. Nigeria shall overcome all you unpatriotic economic scoundrels.

Was that the reason why the Naira is weakened. So sad you don't know a thing. I won't blame the government if her citizens don't even understand the concept. Good luck
Re: Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar by Viscuz: 8:27am On Nov 11, 2022
Treadway:
prayer or not, me i sha want it to drop, and I believe it will (I didn't expect it this soon anyway), cos it's in my/our best interest for it to drop, and keep dropping anywhich way. All this story I don't understand, cos a situation is bad doesn't mean we should all decide to lose hope and burn a house down with us in it.

U type like someone educated now use that same education t do research.

Your government didn't do jack shit .

The fall was in the free market dollar is falling against all currency since yesterday.

I know Nigerian propaganda government will take credit for it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar by Treadway: 8:27am On Nov 11, 2022
BannedUser:
It will still get back up to 1000/$ in the long term because there's nothing our govt. is currently doing fundamentally to stop this from happening. It's just a matter of time...
this sharp drop points clearly to the fact that despite the useless govt and it's inefficiencies, the sharp jump was manipulated. 200ngn drop in 24hrs with no economics is significant proof of this. I was actually hoping that maybe post election, after the japa wave also may have reduced a bit due to pple wey wan cut-out wey go don cut-out Dec, Jan especially. The japa wave is also a major reason it is high with too many ppl scrambling for few dollars all at once. The entire japa process is largely done with forex and the demand is too high. I didn't expect it to come down this fast at all. Someone told me yday face to face and I just waved it off as a rumour or something, cos that drop was too much.

1 Like

Re: Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar by oluwaseyi0: 8:27am On Nov 11, 2022
tamdun:
Continue fooling yourself, u guys will come online and start giving us aboki exchange rate, na d govt I blame, thay have to ban BDC,
CBN 1 dollar =440 naira
BDC 1 dollar =900
Ur choice

But the CBN rate is only available to the government cronies

You can't walk into any bank with 440k and walk out with a thousand dollar
Re: Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar by deltateam: 8:33am On Nov 11, 2022
adioolayi:

https://punchng.com/traders-lose-as-naira-rebounds-to-720-dollar/

The redesign is a good policy as it exposed the corruption of our politicians. They are very greedy and outright wicked. If you see how some of them hoarded billions of naira in rooms as seek in videos, you will weep.

1 Like

Re: Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar by Joebayo217: 8:35am On Nov 11, 2022
quentin06:
Fake news! Its 920.
no na u dey spread fake news
Re: Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar by kmaster007: 8:41am On Nov 11, 2022
I need to buy and keep dollars now bfor it goes up again
Re: Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar by pinkcottoncandy: 8:56am On Nov 11, 2022
Penguin2:
Where are the idiots who were arguing with me that the Naira redesign is useless?

which naira design?....Dollar fell globally against all currencies yesterday due to a drop in USA consumer price index

the immediate effect of the redesigning of naira was a significant depreciation of the naira to an all time lowest point.

let your ignorance not give credit to APC or CBN where it is not due
Re: Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar by VawulenceProMax: 8:59am On Nov 11, 2022
This was as. Result of some crypto saga
. It has nothing to do with cbn
Re: Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar by doshiyad1: 9:02am On Nov 11, 2022
Penguin2:
Where are the idiots who were arguing with me that the Naira redesign is useless?

Oya make them begin to show their face make we know our enemies in this country them tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? / CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items / $20billion Dollars Idle In Few Individual's Domiciliary Accounts-cbn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.