Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? (4411 Views)

Present Set Of DCGC Not Fit For Cgc,buhari / Photo Of Nigeria's Leaders: Past And Present. / Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? by pinkrex(m): 4:48pm On Aug 23, 2011
I read on a tread that Gadaffi's regime has achieved more than all the leaders we've had in this country shocked shocked shocked, As im unsure undecided lipsrsealed my input on this issue i'd others to also shed more lights on what they think.
Re: Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? by HighChief4(m): 4:56pm On Aug 23, 2011
He is better by miles. Dont even compare him to any past or present leader in Nigeria
Re: Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:33pm On Aug 23, 2011
grin grin grin grin wink

High_Chief:

He is better by miles. Dont even compare him to any past or present leader in Nigeria
Re: Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? by itiswell1(m): 5:53pm On Aug 23, 2011
I am compelled to agree that the man is better than most of our leaders
Re: Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? by ommo(m): 8:33pm On Aug 23, 2011
not better than most, but, better than all of them put together.

except me!!!***
Re: Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? by pleep(m): 12:51am On Aug 24, 2011
pinkrex:

I read on a tread that Gadaffi's regime has achieved more than all the leaders we've had in this country shocked shocked shocked, As im unsure undecided lipsrsealed my input on this issue i'd others to also shed more lights on what they think.
was i the one who said that? cuz i remeber saying that a few months ago haha.
Re: Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? by kabukabu(m): 1:02am On Aug 24, 2011
How the Fugg is he better than any of Nigeria's past leaders cheesy cheesy

You have to smoking some serious dope to believe that for one second.

1)He hoarded billions of $$$ abroad.
2)He divided all the multiple tribes , just like they divided and created more states in Nigeria.
3)He actually did much less, Libya has a population of half of Lagos, and they pump more crude oil than Nigeria, everyone there should get a stipend and live lavishy just like the Saudis and Kuwaitis. grin grin grin
Re: Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? by pleep(m): 1:09am On Aug 24, 2011
^um. . . they do. And have a higher life expectancy as well.
Re: Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? by babaowo: 1:21am On Aug 24, 2011
yeah i think so too,he is better.
Re: Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? by Tamunofiri(m): 1:37am On Aug 24, 2011
http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/620309/Exploring-corporate-sustainability-as-a-tool-for-competitive-advantage
Please assist in filling this questionnaire. Its a study of corporate sustainability in Nigeria. Cheers!
Re: Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? by blackspade(m): 1:41am On Aug 24, 2011
The man wasn't a saint, but he did manage to elevate Libya's living standards to the highest in Africa, made sure his population had access to universal education and healthcare, shielded his economy from greedy banksters, etc. . .much more than any leader of Nigeria can acclaim to.

So my answer is a resounding YES.
Re: Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? by RickyRoss1(m): 1:48am On Aug 24, 2011
THIS MAN IS A TYRANT, LIBYA PUMPS MORE OIL THAN NIGERIA AND THEIR POPULATION IS VERY SMALL SO EVERYONE IN LIBYA IS SUPPOSED TO BE A MULTI MILLIONAIRE UNLIKE IN NIGERIA WHERE YOU HAVE OVER 160 MILLION PEOPLE DEPENDING ON THE OIL MONEY,

YES HE IS BETTER THAN SOME OF OUR PAST LEADERS,
Re: Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? by Beaf: 2:22am On Aug 24, 2011
I wonder how many of the Nigerians executed simply for entering Libya illegally would reply to the question asked here.
I also wonder what their bereaved families would think.

It is better to be properly informed. Libya is a country of ONLY 6 million, yet it produces more oil than Nigeria. Go figure.

Gadaffi is better dead.
Re: Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? by ifystallon: 3:02am On Aug 24, 2011
He is 10001% better than all present and past Nigerian leaders
Re: Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? by KnowAll(m): 3:30am On Aug 24, 2011
If Nigerian leaders had d opportunity & luxury of being on d saddle for 42 years then a reason for comparative analysis would be warranted as it is now there is no basis for comparism. The highest number of years a Nigerian leader spent on d saddle was 9 years which was Yakubu Gowon, and where Nigeria was in 1974, Gaddafi's Libya was not there in 1976 when is comparing like for like with equal number of years put in, Gowon being 1967 - 1974 & Gadaffi 1969 to 1976.

Credence must be given to Great Awolowo for being Gowon's economic guru d way Okonjo Iweala is Jonthan economic guru, Awo/Gowon made Nigeria one of d wealthiest nation on earth by 1975. There is no comparism, illetrate Gaddafi only started developing his country only when he came out of d cooler of sanctions after spending b years doing nothing for his country only promoting terrorism with d billions of dollars earned from oil.

To compare an illetrate like Gaddafi with d ingenuity of an erudite scholar  like Awolowo who was d man behind d scene steering d Nigerian economy is an aberration & a misnomer moreso  not forgetting Nigeria fought a fierce  civil war between 1967 - 1974 and still came out a million miles above Libya is something to celebrate.
Re: Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? by hajifaty: 4:21am On Aug 24, 2011
KnowAll:

If Nigerian leaders had d opportunity & luxury of being on d saddle for 42 years then a reason for comparative analysis would be warranted as it is now there is no basis for comparism. The highest number of years a Nigerian leader spent on d saddle was 9 years which was Yakubu Gowon, and where Nigeria was in 1974, Gaddafi's Libya was not there in 1976 when is comparing like for like with equal number of years put in, Gowon being 1967 - 1974 & Gadaffi 1969 to 1976.

Credence must be given to Great Awolowo for being Gowon's economic guru d way Okonjo Iweala is Jonthan economic guru, Awo/Gowon made Nigeria one of d wealthiest nation on earth by 1975. There is no comparism, illetrate Gaddafi only started developing his country only when he came out of d cooler of sanctions after spending b years doing nothing for his country only promoting terrorism with d billions of dollars earned from oil.

To compare an illetrate like Gaddafi with d ingenuity of an erudite scholar  like Awolowo who was d man behind d scene steering d Nigerian economy is an aberration & a misnomer moreso  not forgetting Nigeria fought a fierce  civil war between 1967 - 1974 and still came out a million miles above Libya is something to celebrate.

Keep your mouth shot and your hands off the keyboard. If you don't know what to write here then why not go back to school to learn more about history. You  posted the most senseless comment here. Your ability to join ABCDE,  together doesn't mean you are a literate.
You are one of the clown deceiving the bastard politicians in Nigeria. Qaddafi is far more  better than all our corrupt leaders
Re: Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? by dinggle: 4:22am On Aug 24, 2011
He built Libya from scratch, even if it was oil money. Nigerian leaders would have piled the oil money in Swiss banks if given the opportunity. Even tho a dictator, he is the best leader Africa has ever produced.
Re: Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? by KnowAll(m): 4:51am On Aug 24, 2011
u
Re: Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? by KnowAll(m): 4:55am On Aug 24, 2011
@ hajifaty

You are an illetrate like Gaddaffi, no Nigerian leader had 42 years so d basis of your comparism is insanely a non starter. Talking of delusions here, I might as well compare a Martian human being with some one from Earth and ask a silly and deranged question of who is more good-looking. I made a mistake by commenting on something that is a fantasy rather than a reality.
Re: Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? by hajifaty: 6:27am On Aug 24, 2011
KnowAll:

@ hajifaty

You are an illetrate like Gaddaffi, no Nigerian leader had 42 years so d basis of your comparism is insanely a non starter. Talking of delusions here, I might as well compare a Martian  human being with some one  from Earth and ask a silly  and deranged question of who is more good-looking. I made a mistake by commenting on something that is a fantasy rather than a reality.
Thank you for telling us that you made a mistake in your comment by comparing gadaffi to helpless nigeria leaders.You should have a deep thinking before commenting on a public forum like this. We are here to share our views and learn from each other. But i don't like pple praising all these bastard politicians ruling Nigeria including Awolowo and co.they are all fighting for their selfish interest. Since 1960, what are the achievements of these dear leaders of yours and what are things that we as a citizen of benefit from the oil money?
no power,no security,no motorable roads,no water and so many no no no. where are the oil money?
Re: Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? by Merc: 7:04am On Aug 24, 2011
I have been to Tripoli and the city looks like any other European city. Gadaffi is better by miles than all our leaders. He is just a victim of western propaganda. Tell me what is the difference between the crises in Cairo, Tripoli & Tunis and the recent London riots? One thing was clear, the people were against their leaders but while the London rioters were quicly termed looters and crinminals the riots in the Arab cities were fuelled by western press with the aid of technology to bring down these leaders. We need to think in Africa!!!
angry

1 Like

Re: Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? by hajifaty: 7:07am On Aug 24, 2011
Merc:

I have been to Tripoli and the city looks like any other European city. Gadaffi is better by miles than all our leaders. He is just a victim of western propaganda. Tell me what is the difference between the crises in Cairo, Tripoli & Tunis and the recent London riots? One thing was clear, the people were against their leaders but while the London rioters were quicly termed looters and crinminals the riots in the Arab cities were fuelled by western press with the aid of technology to bring down these leaders. We need to think in Africa!!!
angry

You are one of the few nigerians that reason well
Re: Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? by saintneo(m): 7:19am On Aug 24, 2011
OBJ is far better than Gaddaffi!

This is not about patriotism, I have being with Libyans, North Africans, Far East Africans and other Arabs; they are seriously in support of rebels. Gaddaffi has millions, billions, zillions coming out of his country's export yet very few developments were experienced in his country despite the small population. The entire country is a desert. A better leader in Libya can transform Libya to Dubai.

On OBJ, OBJ and his team brought about the biggest development in our nation.
Re: Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 24, 2011
@hajifaty, u sound like a mafia, godfather or warlord, i can read people's attitude in their writings. Gaddafi is better by far. lol
Re: Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? by hajifaty: 8:12am On Aug 24, 2011
valacious:

@hajifaty, u sound like a mafia, godfather or warlord, i can read people's attitude in their writings.  Gaddafi is better by far. lol

you are funny. Yes I am a warlord and I am taking the war on corruption to the bastards in Abuja and save nigeria from the greedy and selfish politicians. how did you know that I am a war lord?
Re: Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? by YomiKaycee: 8:19am On Aug 24, 2011
saintneo:

Where are these developments you referred to because I cant seem to see any apart from the unregulated GSM we carry about. I still use the Lagos-Ibadan expressway, benin-ore expressway etc and they were left worse than what obasanjo met.

Except these your developments are still in the pipeline sha!!! grin
Re: Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 24, 2011
I'm sure sum dumb f*rks here will claim goodluck godsent ebelefool is even better, when people don't know the facts I believe its better to shut the f*rk up!
Re: Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? by islamrules(m): 8:31am On Aug 24, 2011
He is far far better than Nigerian Leaders.

His problem is his will to rule Libya for Life.

Libya is not his family house
Re: Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 24, 2011
Merc:

angry

Well said. . .Most people have been brainwashed and can't reason well. I won't blame them cuz they feel inferior being black.These same oyinbos were even quick to say that the blacks were teaching whites hooliganism ! The imperialists never left in 60s cuz they are still around with their modern colonialization through capitalism,democracy and globalization.
Re: Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? by KnowAll(m): 8:41am On Aug 24, 2011
The fact still remains Gadaffi was and is an abysmal failure, after 42 years in power and after getting more than 9 lives he only started developing his country bearly 4 years ago. Most of the mordern highways in Libya are bearly 3 years old in fact so many contracts are all on going, all ready d Chinese have lost big time as their investment  in Libya has gone to d dogs because of this upheavals.

No Nigerian had 42 years and for that reason there can be no basis for comparism.
Re: Is Gadaffi Better Than Our Past And Present Set Of Leaders? by hajifaty: 8:48am On Aug 24, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Well said. . .Most people have been brainwashed and can't reason well. I won't blame them cuz they feel inferior being black.These same oyinbos were even quick to say that the blacks were teaching whites hooliganism ! The imperialists never left in 60s cuz they are still around with their modern colonialization through capitalism,democracy and globalization.

Majority of pple have been brainwashed especially nigerians living abroad(mostly western states) and can't think straight anymore. they just come here and post stupid comments. These whites want to rule the world and they are ready to kill innocent pple in order to grab their resources all in the name of democracy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 / Missing alpha jet was an unintended bait for boko haram, MI35M is unleashed. / Umuahia Mall (shoprite) Nearing Completion- Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.