Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Best Federal Uni To Study Masters Program In Geology Or Geophysics? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Best Federal Uni To Study Masters Program In Geology Or Geophysics? (477 Views)

Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) / Best Federal University To Study Engineering / Geology Or Petroleum Engineering? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Federal Uni To Study Masters Program In Geology Or Geophysics? by ImmaculateJOE(m): 1:30pm On Nov 11, 2022
I'm a graduate of Education & Physics from one of the federal universities in the North East.
Just finished my NYSC last week.
I want to start my 2nd degree program immediately, particularly I want to purse a career in the Petroleum or Construction sector.

I thought it wise that Geology or Geophysics will take me to this career path.

So I'm asking for the best federal university within the country to undertake this. I want a school where there are related industries nearby, like mining where I can engage in volunteer work.

Also an environment that job opportunities to support my study.

I googled and the following schools came up.
University of Nigeria Nsukka
University of Ibadan
University of Lagos
Obafemi Awolowo University
Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun
University of Port Harcourt... etc.

Please I need your inputs..
Re: Best Federal Uni To Study Masters Program In Geology Or Geophysics? by chiefolododo(m): 1:39pm On Nov 11, 2022
Ife
Re: Best Federal Uni To Study Masters Program In Geology Or Geophysics? by Chnbanc: 2:00pm On Nov 11, 2022
FUTO
Re: Best Federal Uni To Study Masters Program In Geology Or Geophysics? by ImmaculateJOE(m): 3:07pm On Nov 11, 2022
chiefolododo:
Ife
Any good industry around Ife that is releted to Earth Science..
What's the cost of living there?
House rent, school fees, transportation, food etc..

Will I learn very well there?
Re: Best Federal Uni To Study Masters Program In Geology Or Geophysics? by ImmaculateJOE(m): 3:12pm On Nov 11, 2022
Chnbanc:
FUTO
I want to try a conventional university.
My 1st degree was from Technology school..
Re: Best Federal Uni To Study Masters Program In Geology Or Geophysics? by temitope28(m): 4:31pm On Nov 11, 2022
ImmaculateJOE:
I'm a graduate of Education & Physics from one of the federal universities in the North East.
Just finished my NYSC last week.
I want to start my 2nd degree program immediately, particularly I want to purse a career in the Petroleum or Construction sector.

I thought it wise that Geology or Geophysics will take me to this career path.

So I'm asking for the best federal university within the country to undertake this. I want a school where there are related industries nearby, like mining where I can engage in volunteer work.

Also an environment that job opportunities to support my study.

I googled and the following schools came up.
University of Nigeria Nsukka
University of Ibadan
University of Lagos
Obafemi Awolowo University
Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun
University of Port Harcourt... etc.

Please I need your inputs..
Welcome on board my brother l had a Bsc and Msc in Geophysics.
I did my in OOU Ago- lwoye though it was very stressful you can try unilag, Funab, or U.I any each way all the best.

1 Like

Re: Best Federal Uni To Study Masters Program In Geology Or Geophysics? by ImmaculateJOE(m): 4:40pm On Nov 11, 2022
temitope28:

Welcome on board my brother l had a Bsc and Msc in Geophysics.
I did my in OOU Ago- lwoye though it was very stressful you can try unilag, Funab, or U.I any each way all the best.
Thank You Brother.
Re: Best Federal Uni To Study Masters Program In Geology Or Geophysics? by olawalepopoola: 8:01am On Nov 12, 2022
I am a Geologist. With your first degree in Physics it is advisable to go to FUTA for M.Tech in Applied Geophysics.
Please if you don't have a first degree in Geology don't go for M.Sc. in Geology because there are some basics you must understand especially field mapping techniques.
Also I will advice you stay clear of Ife Geology if you love yourself.
Great day.

1 Like

Re: Best Federal Uni To Study Masters Program In Geology Or Geophysics? by ImmaculateJOE(m): 11:15am On Nov 21, 2022
olawalepopoola:
I am a Geologist. With your first degree in Physics it is advisable to go to FUTA for M.Tech in Applied Geophysics.
Please if you don't have a first degree in Geology don't go for M.Sc. in Geology because there are some basics you must understand especially field mapping techniques.
Also I will advice you stay clear of Ife Geology if you love yourself.
Great day.
Thank You for your feed back..

(1) (Reply)

Get your website to look better / Top 10 Universities To Study Mechanical Engineering In Nigeria: A Guide To Feder / Unilag Admission Requirement Guide For 2023/24

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.