Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,733 members, 7,851,521 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:24 PM

Man Shouting Al.lah Akb.ar Goes On Stabbing Spree: 1 Killed - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Shouting Al.lah Akb.ar Goes On Stabbing Spree: 1 Killed (733 Views)

Man Shouting Allah Akbar Goes On Stabbing Spree / 1 Killed As Cultists Attack Oworoshoki, Lagos Last Night (Graphic Photos) / 6 Osun College Of Technology Lecturers Kidnapped, 1 Killed. Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Shouting Al.lah Akb.ar Goes On Stabbing Spree: 1 Killed by BetterHeadline: 2:56pm On Nov 11, 2022
A police officer has been stabbed to death in a suspected terror attack near a train station in Brussels, officials say.

SOURCE
Belgium's federal prosecutor's office said two officers were targeted in the incident near Brussels North station.

A judicial official told the Associated Press there was "a suspicion of a terror attack".

The attacker was shot after the stabbing and taken to hospital, police said.

Explaining what happened, the force said one of its officers was attacked by the man before reinforcements were called.

An officer from another patrol then used his firearm to "neutralise" the attacker, it added.

According to Belgian media, the man shouted "Allahu akbar", the Arabic phrase for "Allah is greater".

Le Soir newspaper said the dead police officer was stabbed in the neck and died in hospital.

One witness, who did not want to be identified, said he heard "five or six gun shots".

"I get off my car and see that a man is laying on the ground, he was half dead, but I could still see him moving a bit. I tried to come closer, but the police told me to go away," he said.

"It was a really frightening scene, I was really scared when I saw all this blood and that man on ground."
Belgian Prime Minister Alexander De Croo posted a message of condolence to the family and friends of the dead officer.

"Our police officers risk their lives every day to ensure the safety of our citizens," he said. "Today's tragedy demonstrates this once again."

The attack took place at around 7.15pm local time.
Re: Man Shouting Al.lah Akb.ar Goes On Stabbing Spree: 1 Killed by Naira20: 2:58pm On Nov 11, 2022
Aaah...One of Shettima's export
Re: Man Shouting Al.lah Akb.ar Goes On Stabbing Spree: 1 Killed by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 11, 2022
Nawao
Re: Man Shouting Al.lah Akb.ar Goes On Stabbing Spree: 1 Killed by Eriokanmi: 3:00pm On Nov 11, 2022
These extremists again? If you tell these EU countries to stop granting them asylum, they'd not listen. After they've been integrated into the society, they begin to show their true colour. They'd be wise someday

4 Likes

Re: Man Shouting Al.lah Akb.ar Goes On Stabbing Spree: 1 Killed by VeryWickedGoat: 3:25pm On Nov 11, 2022
grin grin
Allahu Akbar is the password for suicide bombs worldwide.

4 Likes

Re: Man Shouting Al.lah Akb.ar Goes On Stabbing Spree: 1 Killed by Houseofglam7(f): 9:37pm On Nov 11, 2022
Religion is truly the opium of the masses.
Re: Man Shouting Al.lah Akb.ar Goes On Stabbing Spree: 1 Killed by olisaEze(m): 8:46am On Nov 12, 2022
God is great, yes. But how can it be only through the murder of innocent people that He created when the Koran teaches that murder is a sin?

God is not an author of confusion, but the heart of man is desperately wicked. Don’t claim to be fulfilling divine will when ure only giving in to ur baser emotions! Killing unarmed people doesn’t make you a warrior, but only a cowardly criminal in the sight of man & God!

(1) (Reply)

Man Arrested For Sodomizing 12 Almajiri Boys In Gombe / Ebonyi Woman Dumps New Born Baby Inside Toilet After Delivery In Anambra (photo / Two Men Found Out The Child They Are Claiming Does Not Belong To Them After DNA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.