Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,816 members, 7,813,694 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling (13193 Views)

“Bye Bye For Obidients” – Senator Nnamani Asks Supporters To Dump Peter Obi / PDP Presidential Primary: Tambuwal Steps Down, Asks Supporters To Support Atiku / How Many Igbo People Have You Worked With? - Peter Obi Asks El-rufai (WATCH) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling by DamnnNiggarr: 9:39pm On Nov 11, 2022
I called on the Labour Party Faithfuls, especially candidates at all levels, including my supporters, to desist from name calling or derogating anyone, groups of persons or religions.

Nigeria has very huge problems and is currently at risk of implosion from economic hardship and insecurity. The focus, therefore, should be on how to deal with deleterious consequences of a tanking economy, pervasive insecurity, and the many challenges that the nation is contending with, rather than degenerating into name calling. Specifically, during our recent campaign in Benue, a candidate referred to the Governor of Benue State, Dr. Samuel Ortom, as a "deceit." That is totally unacceptable to us.

The Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom, remain a very patriotic Nigerian, who has always spoken for the best interest of his people and Nigeria in general. We all have our shortcomings, I have mine, and so do others. But, we should not refer to people in such derogatory manner.

We must continue to focus on running an issue-based campaign, and unite with everyone to build a new and better Nigeria.

I wish all our candidates, including myself, well in the forthcoming elections. -PO
https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1591166054851833858

86 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling by DamnnNiggarr: 9:40pm On Nov 11, 2022
shocked

Well done, 001

149 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling by StrongandMighty: 9:44pm On Nov 11, 2022
Meanwhile the ruling party vice presidential candidate is going about making unguided statement, insulting opposition candidates in the name of campaigning...

166 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling by Acidosis(m): 9:46pm On Nov 11, 2022
Can Tinubu and Shettima come out to say the same? cheesy

138 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling by rayvelez(m): 9:48pm On Nov 11, 2022
I don follow and hear my incoming president but that thief, drug dealer, thiefnu.bu go collect wortor wortor.

151 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling by TINUBUISMAD: 9:49pm On Nov 11, 2022
For where
I no agree with this one master Obi.

Leave us alone make we cure their madness

96 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling by budaatum: 9:52pm On Nov 11, 2022
Be Obidiently well behaved!

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling by bobobenz: 9:52pm On Nov 11, 2022
EXEMPLARY LEADERSHIP...NICE ONE MY INCOMING PRESIDENT

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling by TINUBUISMAD: 9:53pm On Nov 11, 2022
Just dey do your thing and leave the vawulence part for us. That one no concern you.

Rubbish

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling by PandoraObi: 10:40pm On Nov 11, 2022
Zombidients and zombidiots don't have brain to comprehend what was written, they have submitted their brains to Kanu nnamudi before they were handed over to you. they are ready to kill soludo for you, if they see him

107 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling by phorget(m): 10:47pm On Nov 11, 2022
Acidosis:

Can Tinubu and Shettima come out to say the same? cheesy

He asked us to SHUT UP, that would ha e been some peoples president. My incoming president is the best.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling by ElSudani: 10:54pm On Nov 11, 2022
Really? After months of denying the uncouth Twitter dolts are his supporters.

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling by Peterobiisathie(f): 11:03pm On Nov 11, 2022
Obi is crazy
did he just aware that his supporters are mad?

84 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling by slivertongue: 1:16am On Nov 12, 2022
during our recent campaign in Benue, a candidate referred to the Governor of Benue State, Dr. Samuel Ortom, as a "deceit." That is totally unacceptable to us.
The Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom, remain a very patriotic Nigerian, who has always spoken for the best interest of his people and Nigeria in general. We all have our shortcomings, I have mine, and so do others. But, we should not refer to people in such derogatory manner.
We must continue to focus on running an issue-based campaign, and unite with everyone to build a new and better Nigeria.

The bolded got me and that's taking responsibility. Obi is loyal to the nation, not LP and that's the hallmark of leadership.

23 Likes

Re: Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling by alanto: 4:42am On Nov 12, 2022
Peter obi can't control is supporters... It's bigger than him now, they are on autopilot.. Go and ask mazisimonekpa, the same people that said IPOB is bigger than Unam Kanu

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling by SenatePresdo(m): 7:04am On Nov 12, 2022
Obi I don't agree with you on this one grin

Tinubu is a drug dealing thief.

He will Labour in vain come 2023.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling by coconutbag: 7:04am On Nov 12, 2022
Sentiments aside, which other major presidential candidate has done this? This is super presidential.

We keep seeing reasons why Obi is better and loved.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling by ipobarecriminals: 7:04am On Nov 12, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling by adamusuleiman1: 7:05am On Nov 12, 2022
He is right. They need to be called out.
Re: Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:05am On Nov 12, 2022
I once heard him say ‘the man is sick’; ‘it’s nobody’s turn’ etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling by ipobarecriminals: 7:05am On Nov 12, 2022
undecided

1 Like

Re: Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling by WhatCanIsay(m): 7:05am On Nov 12, 2022
Till date, Peter Obi is the best presidential candidate Nigeria has produced in decades. He is moving the political campaigns away from parochial jamboree it used to be to an issue based activity! Ironically, most of the political class are following in his footsteps. No more unnecessary photo-ops, except for Tinubu who is still snapping pics on suit and on bicycle!

Peter Obi is refining the nation, and you can see it taking effect despite him not being the president yet. If Obi wins, bet me, within a year, the economy will start it's downward spiral APC placed it on!

Obi is the hope of all Nigerians that really want things to work well in this nation!

23 Likes

Re: Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling by Cj4charles(m): 7:05am On Nov 12, 2022
wink
Re: Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling by Afamed: 7:05am On Nov 12, 2022
The Chief hypocrite has spoken. No one can control Obingos, its in them

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling by Neduzze5(m): 7:05am On Nov 12, 2022
Oga face your front and do you work while we your loyal supporters will do ours.

Any children of hate, perdition, agberos, urchins and Mikano generators that stand against what God has ordained will hear from us in the most vile terms.

Nothing can stop your coming, H.E Peter Obi!!

We stand gidigba for your back!!!!

17 Likes

Re: Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling by olatade(m): 7:05am On Nov 12, 2022
Don't mind them,gathering enemies for the man with their toxic attitude.

No one ever gets anything with toxicity.

4 Likes

Re: Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling by Honourable1901(m): 7:05am On Nov 12, 2022
Those rogues won't change

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling by Yibo(m): 7:06am On Nov 12, 2022
By nature Ibos are so much aggressive and lack of proper reasoning

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling by ecolime(m): 7:06am On Nov 12, 2022
I disagree sir

Na madness dem take dey cure madness for Naija

We won't stop calling urchins names in retaliation until you are sworn in.

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soludo Has No Regret Over Anti-obi Comments – Aide / Kwara Has Taken The Lead For PDP In Northcentral - David Titiloye / List Of Recipients To Be Honored At 2023 Northern Nigeria Peace Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.