Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. (6370 Views)

Covid-19 Effect: Cruise Ships From U.S. And U.K. Are Being Scrapped In Turkey / Police Found 39 Frozen Bodies Inside A Refrigerated Trailer In The U.K.(Photos) / Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. by morinto: 3:12am On Nov 12, 2022
Last year when I enter into the U. K the person that took me from the train station to house told me to pay his transport fare and sim card as noivce I paid the money. After some months I later attended church and I was complaining about cold in which a Ghanaian man took me for shopping and bought winter cloths for me. Can you imagine me my Nigerian friends was asking me if he was gay because my fellow man took me out for shopping?
Also a Nigeria man organise his marriage in the UK and charge every one 20 pounds to enter his marriage reciption. That we can't come and eat free food in his marriage. When I got covid last year All my Nigeria friends did not visit me. It was only my Ghanaian friends that visited me with provision and I was beginning to get feed up with my naija people.
Also at my place of work do u know my Nigeria people charge as money close to uber price and more expensive than bus just to take us to the same work there are going and if u complain there will tell u to go and catch the bus in which UK bus is very frustrating because the bus always pass a very long route.
Right now the India people that usually carry us free are now asking us for money close to uber price just to give us lift saying our Nigeria brothers don't carry them free so there can't carry us free. I try explaining to them that I am both treated the same way u are treated but dem nor want to hear looking at every Nigeria as wicked people
I also work in a ware house. Most Nigeria in the warehouse was complaining of a very particular man who was a supervisor and a Nigeria man. Omo this man dey snitch on us Africa people and also harassing us before the white people so that he can get manger position in which he later get and many African in my working place keep telling me my brother is wicked. So I have to warn them that the bastard Nigeria is not my brother but a selfish person that want to get people sack because he wants to climb on the top. I have alot of stories to type but am tired of typing. I keep asking if the UK has a stingy spirit that once we enter the UK we become stingy?

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. by LordFaraday(m): 4:18am On Nov 12, 2022
I noticed this from most Nigerians returning from the UK, very stingy set of people.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. by guobe: 5:13am On Nov 12, 2022
Nigerians abroad especially UK are stingy.They are known for that right from time.just do your own and God will certainly bless you

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. by Nukilia: 5:27am On Nov 12, 2022
God help us to have kindness in our hearts

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. by Bankowner: 5:35am On Nov 12, 2022
Nigerians in the UK are greedy! Nigerians in the UK are selfish!

All I read in your post is you receiving and receiving. Who have you given anything apart from the charges collected from you?

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. by libertyfather(m): 5:41am On Nov 12, 2022
Those UK guys stingy for this life I never see that kind thing before, seems to be part of what our guys go there to learn, they come home sef they don't live better than common vulganizer on the street...they hardly buy more than one bottle for their self talkless of buying for someone

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. by sihamey: 6:03am On Nov 12, 2022
Don’t blame them, UK system is designed in such a way you must be stingy and selfish to survive in UK.
The reason is that, they don’t really have much savings, they spend as they earn over there.
This UK stinginess didn’t start today, I started hearing it when I was small and since then I got discouraged about UK. All my relatives in UK are like that when compared with those living in US and Europe.
Op you will soon join them, the spirits of UK stinginess never hit you wink

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. by Musty112: 6:04am On Nov 12, 2022
Just strive to make your own impact.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. by ednut1(m): 6:16am On Nov 12, 2022
The uk does not encourage high earnings. 40% tax if you earn over 50k. So most people are in the 25k to 33k bracket. Why dem no go stingy. Fuel is not even cheap there yet you want free ride Stranger is also supposed to buy winter jacket for you. You must be mad. The factory manager guy too has seen how the Indians are doing it, he doesn’t really hate his fellow Nigerians per say he is just looking for the next promotion. To most factory workers it’s a temp job and you probably would have moved on in 6m to 1 year. For him to remain a manager he has to be seen as an action man

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. by VictorDivine: 6:32am On Nov 12, 2022
Nigerians are stupid sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. by TINUBUISMAD: 6:49am On Nov 12, 2022
I have been hearing this UK stinginess since I was very little. That's why up till now, I don't like UK because my brain has been programmed that everybody staying there are extremely stingy grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. by WantsandMore: 7:40am On Nov 12, 2022
Lol...why do you think Africa was easily colonized? We Never evolve 1kobo on a majority level, very few have ascended their material self, everyone of us just dey hustle to accumulate and sometimes it involves dirty tricks, back biting , deceit and the rest, just take heart, when you finally mk am just no behave like m. Try do better.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. by Lamanii22(f): 8:05am On Nov 12, 2022
I noticed this too, all my Nigerian friends that went to the UK are stingy and very proud…. They feel bigger than you, I dont Know if it’s the country or them…
Re: Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. by hammed71(m): 8:47am On Nov 12, 2022
op you think UK people are stingy try Canadian people lol

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. by Mindlog: 9:07am On Nov 12, 2022
"After some months I later attended church and I was complaining about cold in which a Ghanaian man took me for shopping and bought winter cloths for me"........In those months, were you not working and getting paid to get yourself winter clothing, even ones in charity shops that are way cheaper?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. by blaquebelle: 9:08am On Nov 12, 2022
Does everyone in this comment section have an entitlement mentality?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. by wiseone28: 9:33am On Nov 12, 2022
I can't wait to visit the queens gravesite
Re: Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. by 99thEnemy(m): 9:48am On Nov 12, 2022
Re: Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. by ZINNYBANKS: 9:55am On Nov 12, 2022
when you get to western countries stay away from Nigerians
-Don Jazzy.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. by virginprincess(f): 10:05am On Nov 12, 2022
Hope nairalanders knows that person is not me shaundecided
Re: Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. by justwise(m): 10:05am On Nov 12, 2022
morinto:
Last year when I enter into the U. K the person that took me from the train station to house told me to pay his transport fare and sim card as noivce I paid the money. After some months I later attended church and I was complaining about cold in which a Ghanaian man took me for shopping and bought winter cloths for me. Can you imagine me my Nigerian friends was asking me if he was gay because my fellow man took me out for shopping?
Also a Nigeria man organise his marriage in the UK and charge every one 20 pounds to enter his marriage reciption. That we can't come and eat free food in his marriage. When I got covid last year All my Nigeria friends did not visit me. It was only my Ghanaian friends that visited me with provision and I was beginning to get feed up with my naija people.
Also at my place of work do u know my Nigeria people charge as money close to uber price and more expensive than bus just to take us to the same work there are going and if u complain there will tell u to go and catch the bus in which UK bus is very frustrating because the bus always pass a very long route.
Right now the India people that usually carry us free are now asking us for money close to uber price just to give us lift saying our Nigeria brothers don't carry them free so there can't carry us free. I try explaining to them that I am both treated the same way u are treated but dem nor want to hear looking at every Nigeria as wicked people
I also work in a ware house. Most Nigeria in the warehouse was complaining of a very particular man who was a supervisor and a Nigeria man. Omo this man dey snitch on us Africa people and also harassing us before the white people so that he can get manger position in which he later get and many African in my working place keep telling me my brother is wicked. So I have to warn them that the bastard Nigeria is not my brother but a selfish person that want to get people sack because he wants to climb on the top. I have alot of stories to type but am tired of typing. I keep asking if the UK has a stingy spirit that once we enter the UK we become stingy?

So you expect those Nigerians to buy you winter jacket and drive you to work for free?

He buys petrol, pay insurance, road tax and MOT with his money then drive you to work for free while you save your own salary?

You are just wicked and selfish.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. by justwise(m): 10:13am On Nov 12, 2022
sihamey:
Don’t blame them, UK system is designed in such a way you must be stingy and selfish to survive in UK.
The reason is that, they don’t really have much savings, they spend as they earn over there.
This UK stinginess didn’t start today, I started hearing it when I was small and since then I got discouraged about UK. All my relatives in UK are like that when compared with those living in US and Europe.

You don't know jack about the UK and Nigerians that live here.

What most of you are calling stinginess is actually called financial management.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. by DecentFriend(f): 10:49am On Nov 12, 2022
Not really.
Re: Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. by dustydee: 11:00am On Nov 12, 2022
morinto:
To each his own. I assume you are a Nigerian, what have you done to change the narrative?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. by 9japride(m): 11:30am On Nov 12, 2022
Op you self get eh own for body. Why can't you pay for bus and avoid see finish? Someone can always leave home on time to enter buses or trains. Normally, most Nigerians like taking advantage of people. In addition, most Nigerians just do work anyhow just like they do back home, to them no be my papa get the company. They need strong hand to behave well. As regards the issue of stingy, it's only those who are greedy naturally that continue their greediness abroad.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. by shege45: 11:52am On Nov 12, 2022
sihamey:
a stingy person is a stingy person. No be country cause am. I understand when u charge for drop at work, na normal but that one wey the person wey pick am for tea station charge am na craze
Re: Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. by sihamey: 12:16pm On Nov 12, 2022
shege45:
a stingy person is a stingy person. No be country cause am. I understand when u charge for drop at work, na normal but that one wey the person wey pick am for tea station charge am na craze
Not only that, the one wey shock me na the money you pay as a wedding quest to eat wedding food. That one na financial management too as someone posted here

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. by sihamey: 12:21pm On Nov 12, 2022
justwise:

You don't know jack about the UK and Nigerians that live here.

What most of you are calling stinginess is actually called financial management.

Financial management only happen in UK grin
If they leave UK to another country financial management will leave them wink
A UK based will want to marry woman and the first thing to discuss is how they will share bill togethergrin even if it will happen must you discuss that
bros nothing will make me come stay in UK

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. by Mercury12(m): 12:40pm On Nov 12, 2022
Everyone knows the UK and stinginess kinda relationship.
cheesy

E be many things I swear grin

That being said. Black man nah black man problem.

Your enemies are among your families or close friends circle.

Nah who know u go do you.

Take heart bro. Just focus on your hustle. With God on your side you will fly above their hate and evil plans

1 Like

Re: Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. by justwise(m): 1:02pm On Nov 12, 2022
sihamey:

Financial management only happen in UK grin
If they leave UK to another country financial management will leave them wink
A UK based will want to marry woman and the first thing to discuss is how they will share bill togethergrin even if it will happen must you discuss that
bros nothing will make me come stay in UK

I'm pretty sure that nobody will beg you to come.

Go to a place they will feed, cloth and transport you for free while you save your own money.

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Life In Nigeria. Enjoy The Pics / Domestic Airfare Rises By 25% On Aviation Fuel Scarcity / Partial Collapse Of 21-Storey Skyscraper In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.