Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,873 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic (3827 Views)

Please Help: Speed Not Exceeding A Certain Point / Any Good BMW Mechanic In Ibadan. Suggestions Please. / Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by zotorux(m): 9:01am On Nov 13, 2022
kingreign:

Sorry about the experience you had using my services, a lot of poor communication contributed largely to the eventful outcome. We are all not perfect, but we learn from our mistakes.

My approach to working on a modern day vehicle is a step by step analysis of the defective system, testing and re-testing, most times I have to buy parts without the owners knowledge while diagnosing a fault hoping that the initiative will go a long way in resolving the fault.

Once again sorry about the experience, we will do better.
If you had made this approach when this happened, I won’t even bother about creating this thread. But it’s well.

11 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by Itsrm(m): 9:02am On Nov 13, 2022
zotorux:

He said it’s something with the electrical system he showed me some wires, I wasn’t even there when he was fixing it, cuz of the nature of my job I’m always forced to drop the car. But it was my colleague that recommended him so I felt safe leaving the car with him.

So what if you have the same issue tomorrow and the mechanic is not available? You should learn to take ownership of your car. You don't need to be there to know what was done to fix it.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by Caveatemptor(m): 10:54am On Nov 13, 2022
zotorux:
So I was having a blinking “D” light issues with my car; an Accord 08. I asked for assistance on the Honda maintenance thread, someone intervened and directed me to @kingreign since I’m in Abuja.
I checked him out and I realized he offers tips on car maintenance. It didn’t strike me as someone that actually fixes. I got his number, called him. And he was like o should come to his garage. Fortunately, his garage is close to my side in kubwa. I always leave for work early so I pleaded with him to meet him as early as possible. Driving the car home, it even over heated that I had to run to him on whatsapp to seek assistance.
Prior to this I already suggested to use a friend scanner to scan and post codes for him so that way I’ll even ease his work, he blatantly refused and said he does scanning and diagnostic by himself (Oshey Senior Kazeem), he charged 10k we later agreed 8k.
Next morning I was at his place, took the car for a drive and he said it was the gear that ain’t selecting. That he’ll change the oil, filter, service blah and blah. I said okay. Left the car with him and I waited for my bolt to come, he drove out for another test drive with another car.

Like an hour later he called paraying for me that I didn’t pay him for the diagnostic I just left. Lmaoo so my car that’s with you ain’t worth more than 8k?? Besides he knew I was in a hurry to leave for work so normally the payment would be done via transfer anytime he’s ready to receive funds. (First red flag). I also transferred money for the oil to. I think it was 4 liters at 7k per liter.

I paid him and ask him to please send codes atleast that way I can check the codes myself. He sent the screenshots of the codes much later. And there was one that reported faults in the transmission (shift solenoid A) something something. He came back later saying I’ll have to change the gearbox. I was like car that’s not even up to 1 month. I started asking him questions what could’ve led to that? Blah blah blah I said okay.
But your scanner said solenoid na, I quoted the image and he didn’t say anything till like hours later telling me he has found the culprit (Oshey baddest Kazeem) I was happy low key cuz the car started this on a Monday and I had given it to a mechanic on Tuesday who changed the oil to jezeco, I requested for the Honda DW-1 which he couldn’t get and he put that one my plan was to get the recommended one and drain that one. The nonsense mechanic couldn’t fix it and told me to drive on D3 which I wasn’t comfortable with. (that’s what led to the overheating too I guess). That’s why I even came to NL to seek for help. Thank God the problem started before then, our Online Kazeem would’ve said it’s the offline Kazeem that ruined the gear cuz of the oil.

Back to the main gist, I asked how much for the solenoid, he said 10-15k for each (Omo!! I started sweating for midnight) I shaa pleaded with him and he said there’s nothing he can do about it, like that’s the price. So I asked him to confirm the exact price so I’ll know the total. I was asking him for the overheating issues, maybe he should be doing that simultaneously he started getting angry that I can’t tell him what to do. Oga it’s my money and car now. Atleast lemme have hope something is working. I shaa told him to do his thing. I was on his neck a bit cuz it’s very tedious for me using public transport, so I just want him to atleast gimme something positive. He was even telling me normally I would’ve left the car with him till Monday before he even starts working on it. Lmaoo on top my money again?

I didn’t hear from baba all morning, gave him till noon and I messaged me, he replied after a while that the gear is burnt that he tested the solenoid and they didn’t work, soI’ll have to change the gear. I didn’t even know you’ve got the solenoid and besides the agreement was that you should confirm the price first. Omo!!! I said I’m not doing just couple the car back for me make I go park am. No be by force to drive car. He was even advising me to buy the gear now as it might get more expensive by December (Pele oh Chief adviser).

Now this is where the problem started. I asked him if the car would be available for pickup the next day, he said yes. So I was running late for work the next morning, so I texted him telling him my friend would pick it up on my behalf. He didn’t reply the message till I got to work. He was like he went to the market and he wasn’t around. As soon as my friend got there, with my new mechanic by the way (I already have an alternative) he started calling me that some people are there to pick the car. Shey you told me you’re in the market( Oshey Flash Kazeem) suddenly you’re in your workshop again.
He started getting uncomfortable with my oriole picking the car which is understandable but then I’m calling you to release the car to them. So I don’t think it should be a problem tbh.
After so much hesitation, he agreed to release the car and said he won’t be held responsible for any damages, I said yes. Just let us go.

He then came up with another means to just get money from me. He said I have to pay for the solenoid, that he bought two and I’ll pay for them. I was like didn’t you say you’ll need to buy 5? He said he bought two first to test if it’s gonna work and as it didn’t work I’ll pay for it. Waawu!! I just smiled.
I TF the money to him. Cuz I wasn’t there and I don’t want him creating a scene there with my friend and the new mechanic. Cuz he sounded like a person that’ll create chaos.

My conclusion is this guy is not competent. He’s just a Kazeem that has assess to Nairaland. He’s just all about money and he’s willing to lie his way through. How can you tell me to pay for something you bought and didn’t work??
So if he had bought a new gearbox and it didn’t work he’ll ask me to pay… Lmaoo.

Meanwhile an offline Kazeem has helped me to fix the car and it’s two week now, everything smooth.

@kingreign I leave you to God.

There are so many of them on these boards. Playing Russian roulette with people's cars and hard earned money. They have formed themselves into a cartel and Back each other up. Jack's of all trades,masters of none!
OP, sorry for your experience at the hands of the trial by error mecho. I believe you have learnt a lesson and so have other readers.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by zotorux(m): 12:38pm On Nov 13, 2022
Itsrm:

So what if you have the same issue tomorrow and the mechanic is not available? You should learn to take ownership of your car. You don't need to be there to know what was done to fix it.

Thank you. But as he said it’s from the electrical system. It wasn’t even from the gear directly.
Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by jimmyolasun: 2:00pm On Nov 13, 2022
zotorux:

If you had made this approach when this happened, I won’t even bother about creating this thread. But it’s well.

lai lai oga we no go gree.. that guy we must drag like tiger gen... nothing is well in what he did.. he ought to refund you.. angry

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by Angrygoat: 4:47pm On Nov 13, 2022
Stupid kingreign,ode. U done run abi. Shameless stupid oponu
I told u,u r a 1 corner kazeem,u r a nobody. Hopeless baztad. U get luck ,if na me,I ho gun u down once.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by Elsueno: 5:13pm On Nov 13, 2022
grin

Hey king, how about a refund to d op just like professional mechanics do? e.g Google mech & Rad...

U want behave like pro, then have refund policies like pros grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by samuel051: 5:19pm On Nov 13, 2022
Na so werey for collect gear box money still say na either headlight shaft or wiper synththetic oil or even reverse camera spark plugs dey worry d car.. fear online kazeems grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by GloriousGbola: 5:25pm On Nov 13, 2022
I have learnt the hard and expensive way that the so called experts on this platform are just talk.

They will fk up your car, misdiagnose your car, reassemble sloppily same as regular kazeem, just that you will pay more.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by kernniejay(m): 8:48pm On Nov 13, 2022
nurey:
The most important thing is that the car has been fixed, both parties are happy.

We learn everyday to be better tomorrow, technician has learned to approach solution better and car owner has gained experience in troubleshooting it's a win win for both parties.
Car was fixed by an underrated offline Mokaliki while Nairaland's almighty kigreign with all his boastings and grammar only use Op to cash out without any idea of what was wrong with car. That is daylight robbery.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by OfficialDJ: 8:54pm On Nov 13, 2022
kingreign:

Sorry about the experience you had using my services, a lot of poor communication contributed largely to the eventful outcome. We are all not perfect, but we learn from our mistakes.

My approach to working on a modern day vehicle is a step by step analysis of the defective system, testing and re-testing, most times I have to buy parts without the owners knowledge while diagnosing a fault hoping that the initiative will go a long way in resolving the fault.

I wanted bashing the hell out of you, but this changed my mind...

wink

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by kernniejay(m): 8:54pm On Nov 13, 2022
diportivo:
kogun kogun kogun
oma kogun s'ibi kan noni
Kogun kogun kogun ti kogun sodo kingreign abi queeenreign loruko e .
Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by kernniejay(m): 8:57pm On Nov 13, 2022
zotorux:

If he had made that approach you wouldn't have had to remove his banner in the public like this. He was forming boss forgeting that reputation is more important than the money he wanted to take from you, nonsense.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by Valtteri: 12:22am On Nov 14, 2022
kernniejay:

If he had made that approach you wouldn't have had to remove his banner in the public like this. He was forming boss forgeting that reputation is more important than the money he wanted to take from you, nonsense.

God bless you!

Dude was busy getting irritated and angry with the OP, on top his own money oh.

SHITTY BEHAVIOUR!

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by Angrygoat: 9:42am On Nov 14, 2022
Idiot low life useless mechanic with no sense. You are ann idiot and a very very very very very big fool ,inside a small pot. Ode. He go dey form posh,dey act like say him paap get motor,or na hie the best,idiot. Useless fool. I pity the fools who rushh to him with their vehicle,na spoil,condemned and fire remain. Oponu ode. U go dey speak grammar all round nairalaand, but 1 sense u no get. Odeh. God punish u 4eva. Bastaard inexperienced kazeem,ripper. U won't go far in life,and one day,a vexed customer will gun u down on the spot. Thief.. incompetence at its peak. Shameless baboon
. Hahahahhaahahhaha. Where are you na. Why u d run,show your miserable face and life na. Omo ale, jati jati.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by valarinz: 11:06am On Nov 14, 2022
How come the mods never get to ban this guy above, is he a mod too?

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by Conner44: 11:36am On Nov 14, 2022
valarinz:

Leave that guy oh abeg. He is the spice of cartalk section cool

Funny enough kingreign has told him to settle and be friends on numerous occasions lol but it’s like the guy has an axe to grind.

And he’s not just antagonistic to only kingreign, he can attack you too for no good reason wink

He’s special like that

7 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by buygala(m): 12:24pm On Nov 14, 2022
valarinz:

Mods don ban kingreign wey dey spoil people moto upandan wey dem go ban pesin wey dey abuse am for good reason?

Abi hand just dey scratch you to type nonsense?

Better face front

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by valarinz: 8:28pm On Nov 14, 2022
Conner44:

Leave that guy oh abeg. He is the spice of cartalk section cool

Funny enough kingreign has told him to settle and be friends on numerous occasions lol but it’s like the guy has an axe to grind.

And he’s not just antagonistic to only kingreign, he can attack you too for no good reason wink

He’s special like that

Lol, I should be shivering now angry grin grin
Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by valarinz: 8:32pm On Nov 14, 2022
A lot of frustrated peeps in here mhen cry

See as any small thing, insults and tantrums will fill up the pages, people you've never met and even when you do you'll shrink...but when it's on NL, you easily type insults over a non-issue

Country hard sha, let people just vent their frustration and move on, if that helps get even a tiny bit of relief, I'm not bothered grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by olumzzz(m): 5:15am On Nov 15, 2022
buygala:

Mods don ban kingreign wey dey spoil people moto upandan wey dem go ban pesin wey dey abuse am for good reason?

Better face front
Your nemesis officialdj dey up there.
You no even hail am?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by OfficialDJ: 6:59am On Nov 15, 2022
You still never get sense grin
buygala:

Better face front

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 15, 2022
OfficialDJ:
you wan start early morning vawulence now
Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by buygala(m): 7:12am On Nov 15, 2022
OfficialDJ:

That hand-me-down CLS still never kill you? grin
Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by OfficialDJ: 9:19am On Nov 15, 2022
buygala:

which of the two? You retarde.d twa.t grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by buygala(m): 9:55am On Nov 15, 2022
OfficialDJ:
which of the two? You retarde.d twa.t grin

Good for you that you sold that hand-me-down coffin and used the proceeds to buy car keys..

Hope the key sellers gave you receipt in your name sha...for once in your life, have something in your name bro

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by OfficialDJ: 10:21am On Nov 15, 2022
buygala:

Good for you that you sold that hand-me-down coffin and used the proceeds to buy car keys..

Hope the key sellers gave you receipt in your name sha...for once in your life, have something in your name bro
I'm not your bro, you dimwitted hermaphrodite...

Life must have been so difficult for you to sell that Japanese contraption you call a car...
My advise to you - start a poultry business, no go carry woman o, or the rays of poverty, the beams of generational suffering will visit your g.a.y albino ass...

I heard your mom still asks of me....
She gave me an infection, and I'd definitely kill her with my bare hands when I see the old ha.g grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by buygala(m): 10:37am On Nov 15, 2022
OfficialDJ:

Life must have been so difficult for you to sell that Japanese contraption you call a car...
My advise to you - start a poultry business, no go carry woman o, or the rays of poverty, the beacons of generational suffering will visit your g.a.y albino ass...

She gave me an infection, and I'd definitely kill her with my bare hands when I see the old ha.g grin grin grin

All these plenty talk

Dem give u receipt of those car keys abi dem no give you?
Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by PresidentofUAR: 11:07am On Nov 15, 2022
OfficialDJ:

My advise to you - start a poultry business, no go carry woman o, or the rays of poverty, the beacons of generational suffering will visit your g.a.y albino ass...

wow grin

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by boldx(m): 11:27am On Nov 15, 2022
kingreign:

Fault accepted! Shikena!
Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by Liron: 12:18pm On Nov 15, 2022
The vawulence may begin.
Re: My Experience With A Certain Nairaland Super Mechanic by udemzyudex(m): 12:53pm On Nov 15, 2022
buygala:

Pls don't derail the thread,pls.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Urgently Need Honda ATF Z1 Or DW-1 / Are Car Trackers Inclusive In The Sim Registration? / Toyota Camry 2005 (big 4 Nothing)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.