Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 (28383 Views)

Man Sprays Bagful of Dollar Notes From Upstairs to Passers-by in Shopping Mall / Rejection Of Old Dollar Notes: My Experience At The Bank Today / Nigerian Lady Finds Dollar Notes In Okrika Bag She Bought (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by Vaiki(m): 12:31pm On Nov 12, 2022
APC2:
Thank you for this. Dollar need to rise again. I only earned dollars. I have never do any work which I was paid in Naira for the past two years. I live in Nigeria and work in US....
Oh!How "does" you do this work that doesn't require English proficiency?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by Dreamhighnow(m): 12:32pm On Nov 12, 2022
mcbreeze:
Most gullible people to deceive are Nigerians.
I had argument with many people over this.
How would person believe that report?:

I believe it is Nigeria government that indirectly pushed that fake news, so that the dollars won't climb to ₦1000.

This issue of Nigerians been so gullible is a major concern. I was in the midst of Nigerians out side the country when the report came in and they believed it and I didn’t even look at it twice when I said this news can’t be true. USA within few months want to recieve back purported old design dollars note for new one. It mus t be fake news from Nigeria government propagation peddler just to crash the dollar or scare some dollar hoarders etc

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by Magabush1(m): 12:46pm On Nov 12, 2022
And I just changed $250 at over 20k loss because of the stupid fake news. Even all the malllams were saying same thing

WibusJaga:

&Some Nigerians have rushed to change their old Dollars. cheesy
This info will likely force dollar exchange rate up again.

1 Like

Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by ismhab(m): 12:53pm On Nov 12, 2022
Gandollar is now happy and laughing in Jamaican language.

If you know you know. � � � � �

2 Likes

Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by Brooktrader: 1:02pm On Nov 12, 2022
LandMann:
If Nigerian and African leaders had sense they would start mining and stockpiling gold in the central banks within their domains.

The US and EU use dollar, pounds and euro as a tool of control and neocolonialism... ferrying away precious resources from Nigerian and African soil while giving back some worthless paper they printed in their country.

The thieving leaders we have in Africa will not do the right thing because they have soiled their hands and they'll be exposed or removed from power if they dare do the right thing.

Very soon we will have many Thomas Sankara and Gaddafi reborn across the length and breadth of Nigeria and Africa to right the wrongs and injustice prevalent in this continent.

Till then Nigeria and Africa will remain cursed

Hello.

Inspiring post. I have a dream!

I've just emailed you. I'd like to keep in touch.

1 Like

Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by twosquare(m): 1:15pm On Nov 12, 2022
Dem don use you eat. They know the truth but feign ignorance; they just want to rip people off. You should have fact-checked...the first time I saw the news was last month...I just googled it, check the news tab on Google and saw that only Nigerian blogs carried it. Since then, I have debunked this on Nairaland if you check some of my posts.

I switched to US news, no cable carried it
...no Nigerian Newspapers that are authorities in verifiable news carried it. That's when I knew it was fake news. I had to cross-check because the US cannot just do that without causing a global impact...non-palatable ones actually.

When you see news like that, do one of these things:

1) Check the news cable of the country it concerns...in this regard, the United States.
2) The local country you are in, check trusted Newspapers, not blogs.
3)Check reputable international business news.

Magabush1:
And I just changed $250 at over 20k loss because of the stupid fake news. Even all the malllams were saying same thing

1 Like

Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by frugal(m): 1:24pm On Nov 12, 2022
WibusJaga:

&Some Nigerians have rushed to change their old Dollars. cheesy
This info will likely force dollar exchange rate up again.
The fake news was what contributed majorly to the dollar crash. Everywhere was flooded with Dollar. Supply increased, demand decreased, hence the crash. Something tells me the CBN has a hand in this propaganda.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by tfelicityk(m): 1:28pm On Nov 12, 2022
Shame to mischievous people behind the spread of false news...
Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by limitless777(m): 1:35pm On Nov 12, 2022
This morning I was hanging out with my girlfriend and she turned to me and said:

"who do you think will get married first.....me or you".

WKWBDN - Which Kind Wahala Be Dis Now
Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by MuslimMuslim: 1:44pm On Nov 12, 2022
One of the best rumours ever
Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by frugal(m): 1:44pm On Nov 12, 2022
nairalee:
U think U. S is as disorganized as Nigeria where a CBN governor will take such a massive step without consulting the finance ministry?

Do u know what that means? Meaning they didn't consult wide. No direction, no wisdom. Just noise and Insha Allah
Besides it makes no sense. Buying and hoarding the dollar by other countries is part of what makes it stronger and more valuable. It doesn't make sense that they would want to change that. It's in their favour.

Imagine the whole of Africa buying up and hoarding the Naira. What do you think will happen? You guessed right. wink

2 Likes

Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by Bigchristo: 1:55pm On Nov 12, 2022
Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by kaycome: 2:09pm On Nov 12, 2022
APC2:
Thank you for this. Dollar need to rise again. I only earned dollars. I have never do any work which I was paid in Naira for the past two years. I live in Nigeria and work in US....
Something tells me that this guy is a scammer. He doesn't earn in dollar as he said. He just wanted people to start asking him about the work or biz so he can scam them. Beware of this post and run for your life if not you will bite your fingers.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by Basher8583: 2:39pm On Nov 12, 2022
michlins:
Now watch how the Naira will start to depreciate against the dollar

Go and buy Dollar at your own peril. Na Old note Aboki go sell to you to reduce his own risk.

You think USA will inform you before it changes its currency? You be American?
Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by mu2sa2: 3:21pm On Nov 12, 2022
NotNairalandi:
This news does not change the fact that corruption runs in the blood of our politicians. 90% of them are evil. They stole money ment for the development of this nation,change it to dollar and keep in their various homes,GEEPEE Tanks and so on. They are afraid to take it to the bank because they know its a stolen money. But this time we placed a curse upon them and have prayed that any man or womam,boy or girl,supporting any politician in this 2023 Election for his self ish interest and not for the betterment of this nation, may that person and his family di e a shame ful death � before 2023 Election. May Generational curse follow the person until his 90th Generation. WE HAVE SAID AND SO SHALL IT BE!
To every rule there's an exception. Peter Obi is not keeping his slush dollars at home. He's smartly hiding $500m in a secret offshore account under his daughter's name, thanks to Pandora papers for exposing the ole, barawo and onye oshi combined
Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by goldman777: 3:21pm On Nov 12, 2022
It wasn't the news that made the dollar fall the American economy is shaking the dollar had to fall the dollar value was artificially high All along america is feeling the heat of recession thanks to Russia Ukraine war same economic collapse with the uk.oil is sustaining the naira even though Nigerian are not optimally enjoying the benefits of increased oil prices windfall thanks to oil thefts and corruption.russia currency where corruption is reduced has appreciated massively against the dollar despite america,s sanctions thanks to oil
Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by juman(m): 3:21pm On Nov 12, 2022
I suspect the fake news from lai muhammad.
To paint the cbn action as good action.
Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by mu2sa2: 3:24pm On Nov 12, 2022
NotNairalandi:
This news does not change the fact that corruption runs in the blood of our politicians. 90% of them are evil. They stole money ment for the development of this nation,change it to dollar and keep in their various homes,GEEPEE Tanks and so on. They are afraid to take it to the bank because they know its a stolen money. But this time we placed a curse upon them and have prayed that any man or womam,boy or girl,supporting any politician in this 2023 Election for his self ish interest and not for the betterment of this nation, may that person and his family di e a shame ful death � before 2023 Election. May Generational curse follow the person until his 90th Generation. WE HAVE SAID AND SO SHALL IT BE!
To every rule there's an exception. Peter Obi is not keeping his ill-gotten dollars at home. He's smartly hiding $500m in a secret offshore account under his daughter's name, thanks to Pandora papers for exposing the ole, barawo and onye oshi combined
Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by juman(m): 3:24pm On Nov 12, 2022
American war in ukraine is giving blow to american economy.
Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by KennethEnyi(m): 3:29pm On Nov 12, 2022
Useless naira
Useless Nigeria
Useless dollar exchange rate
Useless human existence!!!!!!
Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by millhouse: 3:42pm On Nov 12, 2022
MelesZanawi:
This past week, Emefiele secretly pushed in $200M into the economy. I strongly suspect this rumour emanated from them. The blogs who initiated the story are the same blogs who carried news of Emefiele's Presidential campaign.

$200M into the Nigerian economy ke .. Only the aviation sector will swallow that funds in three days . That amount is too infinitesimal in an economy like Nigeria that is import dependent
Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by planetx: 3:52pm On Nov 12, 2022
There is nothing federal about the American federal reserve. It is a conglomerate of 13 PRIVATE banks who issue the fiat dollar monopoly money system. The federal tag is just to deceive gullible Americans that their government is in charge of their money system.
Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by MelesZanawi: 3:59pm On Nov 12, 2022
millhouse:
$200M into the Nigerian economy ke .. Only the aviation sector will swallow that funds in three days . That amount is too infinitesimal in an economy like Nigeria that is import dependent

You can ask anybody with contacts high up in the financial sector.
Another free tip. CBN will give USD to BDCs soon.
Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by Jakasibo(m): 4:16pm On Nov 12, 2022
APC2:
Can you link me up please?
Even if to give you my first earning or a portion of my earnings
Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by folks4luv(f): 4:25pm On Nov 12, 2022
mcbreeze:

I believe it is Nigeria government that indirectly pushed that fake news, so that the dollars won't climb to ₦1000.
This entered my mind too. Although it won't force the elites hoarders to dump their dollars, some folks will eat it up. Spreak fake news, inject some forex into the economy, reduce rate. But then, for how long?
Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by freemi(m): 5:26pm On Nov 12, 2022
APC2:
pls carry me along
Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by millhouse: 7:03pm On Nov 12, 2022
MelesZanawi:

You can ask anybody with contacts high up in the financial sector.
Another free tip. CBN will give USD to BDCs soon.
no difference .... that will Still be swallowed too ..Bdc is my sector , reason why it was stopped , despite to supply the rate shot from 400 to 500 thus making the cbn switch from using bdc to banks yet it still rose to 850. we need reduce our taste for imported goods or widen the amount of businesses that can access FX from the apex bank at official rate or else it will be same old story different day
Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by 151ahunna: 7:56pm On Nov 12, 2022
The disinformation emanated from the CBN/FG. It was a way to help the naira.The disinformation emanated from the CBN/FG. It was a way to help the naira....
Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by brandon2009: 8:23pm On Nov 12, 2022
APC2:
Pls show me way.
Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by jubrilELsudan: 10:10pm On Nov 12, 2022
ONLY A FOOLISH PERSON WILL SAY IT'S FAKE NEWS

AMERICA IS A CASHLESS SOCIETY

THEY PRINTED THEIR DOLLARS FOR THEIR OWN DOMESTIC USE AND HAVE BEEN FIGHTING THE ILLEGAL USE AND HOARDING OF THEIR DOLLARS PLUS FAKE DOLLARS FOR DECADES

ONLY A FOOL WILL THINK THAT AMERICAN GOVERNMENT WILL SEEK THE OPINION OF THE WORLD AND WILL NOTIFY THE WORLD THAT THEY WILL REJECT OLD DOLLAR NOTES

THIS IS A LEAKED INFORMATION

AMERICA WITH THE WAY THEY DO THINGS WILL WAKE UP ONE MORNING AND BAN THE USE OF IT

YOU NIGERIANS SHOULD USE YOUR COMMON SENSE FOR ONCE.....IF AMERICAN GOVERNMENT SHOULD ANNOUNCE TODAY THAT OLD NOTES MUST BE EXCHANGED WITHIN THIS WEEK .....DO YOU THINK IT WILL AFFECT AMERICANS?

HOW MANY AMERICANS IN AMERICA APART FROM THOSE DOING CRIME HOARD DOLLAR NOTES?

Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by Melagros(m): 11:15pm On Nov 12, 2022
mcbreeze:

You said something, you're very intelligent
Re: The US Will Not Reject Old Dollar Notes From January 2023 by fof1: 11:48pm On Nov 12, 2022
APC2:

If u like Live Africa and Work Europe America and Asia at d Same time ... You Lie like ur Party the APC... All Liars shall have their part in d Lake of Fire...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff / Golden Guinea Is Back / Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.