Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,541 members, 7,837,080 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Follow Jesus Christ Crucified Only - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Follow Jesus Christ Crucified Only (139 Views)

Dwelling Inside Jesus Christ Crucified Only / Strength To Carry Your Cross Daily And Follow JESUS / Questions For Budaatum: How Can You Follow Jesus Without Believing In Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Follow Jesus Christ Crucified Only by ochibuogwu5: 2:34pm On Nov 12, 2022
If you have gone back to sin recently, just return to God sincerely by faith in Jesus, ask God to forgive you in your heart and mouth, ask Him to fill you with His Holy Spirit Power such that you will not go back to such life of the flesh again.

When any human being confesses his/her sin to God by faith in Jesus in his/her heart, God's forgiveness is activated and imputed upon your whole being directly, immediately, completely and permanently without confessing such sin to any other human being (1 John 1:9, John 8:36) unless the Holy Spirit prompts you personally to confess such sin to any human being especially when such sin was also committed against another person or institution.

Another reason why the Holy Spirit could lead you to confess your sin to another person is to use such person to help you to believe that God has forgiven your confessed sin and help you to grow up in righteousness by faith in Jesus Christ Crucified consistently and progressively without returning back to sin/the flesh (James 5:16-17)

John 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: 20:23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

This bible passage above is Jesus giving His disciples power/capacity to forgive sin. Disciples are both male and female who believe in Jesus Christ Crucified. If we read John 20 from verse-1, we will see male and female who were present as Jesus revealed His resurrected personality to His disciples.

This power to forgive sin is allowing the Holy Spirit to share the gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified through you as a disciple to other human beings hence any human being who hears the Holy Spirit sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified through you and respond by receiving and believing in Jesus Christ Crucified instantly is forgiven of sin/the flesh and receives the new creation life in Christ but any human being who does not accept the gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified will have his/her sins retained/not-forgiven thus
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 1:8 If we say that we have no sin(adamic-sin-nature), we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Sin is disobedience to the law of God and not disobedience to the laws of men or doctrines of denominations that does not depict the laws of God thus
Luke 18:18 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? 18:19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God. 18:20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Disobedience to the law of God is sin and has enough burden of guilt and condemnation upon a human life that we should be adding another burden from the laws of men and doctrines of denominations that does not depict the law of God

Freedom to relate with the GOD-HEAD every fresh second is what we have received in Jesus Christ Crucified hence let us not allow the lies of laws/doctrines, the flesh, sin, weights, wrong biblical interpretations e.t.c. to take us backwards to the enslavement of our minds by guilt not because we actually sinned against God but the laws created by wrong doctrines (Galatians 5:1)

"Therefore, believers, since we have confidence and full freedom to enter the Holy Place [the place where God dwells] by [means of] the blood of Jesus, 20 by this new and living way which He initiated and opened for us through the veil [as in the Holy of Holies], that is, through His flesh(His crucified body), 21 and since we have a great and wonderful Priest [Who rules] over the house of God, 22 let us approach [God] with a true and sincere heart in unqualified assurance of faith, having had our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us seize and hold tightly the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is reliable and trustworthy and faithful [to His word]; 24 and let us consider [thoughtfully] how we may encourage one another to love and to do good deeds, 25 not forsaking our meeting together [as believers for worship and instruction], as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more [faithfully] as you see the day [of Christ’s return] approaching." (Hebrews 10:19-25 AMP)

Jesus did not create denominations rather His own church thus
"And I say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades (death) will not overpower it [by preventing the resurrection of the Christ]" (Matthew 16:18 AMP) hence you will be working in agreement with Jesus to be part of the church; those who believe in Jesus Christ Crucified and stop forcing people to believe in your denomination.

It is important to note that it was Peters confession of faith in Jesus as the Son of God in agreement with the revelation that God the Father gave to him at this point that is referred to as the rock because in subsequent verses in this same chapter Peter disagrees with the revelation of God the Father coming out from the mouth of Jesus about His suffering, death and resurrection; Jesus referred to the same Peter as Satan and as someone who does not think in agreement with God's perfect-will rather thinking like mere human being thus
"From that time on Jesus began to show His disciples [clearly] that He must go to Jerusalem, and endure many things at the hands of the elders and the chief priests and scribes (Sanhedrin, Jewish High Court), and be killed, and be raised [from death to life] on the third day. 22 Peter took Him aside [to speak to Him privately] and began to reprimand Him, saying, “May God forbid it! This will never happen to You.” 23 But Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind Me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to Me; for you are not setting your mind on things of God, but on things of man.” (Matthew 16:21-23 AMP)

This helps us to understand that a human being who can agree and later disagree with the gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified is not the foundation of the church rather Jesus Christ Crucified Himself is the foundation of His Church while those who consistently and progressively agree with the whole counsel of the gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified are small debris/rocks placed upon the main rock/foundation (Jesus Christ Crucified) of the Church

This further clarifies that Jesus Christ Crucified is not fully dwelling in any particular denomination only rather He fully dwells in any human being that believes in His gospel consistently and progressively thus
"Jesus answered, “If anyone [really] loves Me, he will keep My word (teaching); and My Father will love him, and We(the GOD-HEAD; Father, Son and the Holy Spirit) will come to him and make Our dwelling place with him/her. 24 One who does not [really] love Me does not keep My words. And the word (teaching) which you hear is not Mine, but is the Father’s who sent Me." (John 14:23-24 AMP)

It will be obedience to Jesus teachings if we invite other human beings to follow Jesus Christ Crucified only that is to become disciples of Jesus Christ Crucified and not to become disciples or followers of our denomination thus
" Jesus came up and said to them, “All authority (all power of absolute rule) in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations [help the people to learn of Me, believe in Me, and obey My words], baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always [remaining with you perpetually—regardless of circumstance, and on every occasion], even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20)

We were born in various denominations, it is not our fault and we should not use it to make others feel inferior. As long as such a person or denomination believes in Jesus Christ Crucified as GOD, Son of God, Messiah and the only means of human salvation by grace through faith in His death on the Cross and His resurrection, we ought to agree with the Holy Spirit that such a person is already born-again in Christ and stop treating him/her as someone who still needs conversion but rather rather encourage him/her to focus and grow in grace and personal experiential knowledge of Jesus Christ Crucified as well as correct one another in the love of Christ.

There are so many teachings in our various denominations that agree with Jesus teachings and the lifestyle of the new testament church as it is recorded from Matthew to the book of revelations while revealing Christ in the old testament scriptures also; agree with such teachings but there are teachings of our various denominations that disagrees with Jesus teachings; I will advise you to reject them in order to have peace with GOD and make progress in your faith-walk with the new creation life of Jesus Christ Crucified now at work within your mortal-body as you have believed in Jesus finished works on the Cross but do not force your rejection upon the title-holders in your denomination or even other members of your denomination unless you are invited by them to share your faith-convictions.

Only use your own platform to share such clear faith-convictions and commit others to the help and revelation of the Holy Spirit for such matters.

You might be tagged a heretic, do not worry about it, over time, the Holy Spirit will reveal this truth and truth always remains consistent over years/ages/generations no matter the seeming complex inventions and new ideologies of men.

If you have not believed in Jesus Christ Crucified:

Repent and believe in Jesus Christ Crucified now, for the forgiveness of your sin and salvation of your whole being (spirit, soul, body and circumstances) even as you receive the new creation life inside Jesus Christ Crucified by grace through faith because the kingdom of God is near at hand (Mark 1:14-15)
Re: Follow Jesus Christ Crucified Only by RestructureNig1: 2:37pm On Nov 12, 2022
Jesus Christ was brought t you by your slave masters

(1) (Reply)

MFM Daily Devotional November 14 2022. / The Ceremonial Laws And Sacrifice: Shadows Of Things To Come / The Accomplishments Of Calvary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.