Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,001 members, 7,821,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register (26101 Views)

INEC Displays Voters’ Register In Lagos / INEC Begins Signature Collection For Mojisola Alli Macaulay Recall / Edo: Heavy Security, As INEC Begins Distribution Of Sensitive Materials (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register by fergie001: 6:11pm On Nov 12, 2022
Pursuant to Sections 9(6) & 19(1) of the Electoral Act, 2022, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has displayed the Preliminary Register (from 2011 to date) of 93, 522, 722 Voters nationwide, for public scrutiny.

The physical copies have been displayed at the 8809 Wards and 774 LGA Headquarters on polling unit basis. The register gives the name, picture, date of birth and Voter Identification Number (VIN) of Voters. Biometric details, residential addresses, Phone numbers and e-mail addresses are not included for security reasons.

Nigerians are enjoined to seize this opportunity to scrutinize the register and draw the attention of the Commission to any multiple and suspicious registrations, corrections of personal particulars, malicious registrants of non-Nigerians or any person(s) who ought not to be in the register.

During this display period, any person may make a claim that the name of a registered voter has been omitted, make corrections on his/her personal details on the register, raise an objection against the inclusion of any person not qualified to vote or the name of a dead person on the register.

Physical Claims and Objections
In accordance with Sections 19(2) and 19(3) of the Electoral Act 2022, the INEC will address claims, objections and/or complaints arising from the displayed Preliminary Register from 12th-25th November, 2022.

Steps:

Two Officers of the Commission, comprising a Revision Officer(REVO) who should be able to speak the indigenous language of that area will attend to claims as well as issue PVCs of persons who registered before January 15, 2022.

Forms EC2 and/or EC3 will be issued to persons who intend to make claims or raise objections/Complaints respectively.

The completed forms will be received by these officers who in turn will issue acknowledgement slips to the persons who raised these claims.

The person(s) will be informed of place, day and time where these Complaints will be heard.

The REVO is expected to hear, determine and announce the decision on the said claims.

Any person not satisfied with the decision(s) as stated above, can appeal in writing to the Resident Electoral Commission (REC) within 7 days after the decision of the REVO..

THE DECISION OF THE REC IS FINAL.

Claims and Objections at Wards will be entertained from 12th-18th November, 9:00am - 3:00pm (Mondays - Fridays).

Claims and Objections at LGA/Area Offices will be entertained from 19th-25th November, 9:00am-3:00pm (Mondays - Fridays).

The display of the register is part of efforts to further clean up the document ahead of the 2023 elections. Every claim and objection must be backed with authentic proof.

For the first time, the display of Preliminary Register is also available online.

Step One:
https://cvr.inecnigeria.org/VotersRegister

Step Two:
Fill in your Name, State of Origin, LGA, Ward and Polling Unit where you are registered to vote. Then click the "Display Register" tab.

Claims, Objections and Complaints can also be made Online

1. By clicking the name or details of the Voter, two options pop up, Raise Objections and Make Claims.

An acknowledgement slip will be issued and the processes will follow as in Physical Claims & Objections.

6 Likes

Re: INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register by lhordspy: 6:13pm On Nov 12, 2022
"During this display period, any person may make a claim that the name of a registered voter has been omitted, make corrections on his/her personal details on the register, raise an objection against the inclusion of any person not qualified to vote or the name of a dead person on the register"

Speak up now if you have any issues. INEC is trying to make this free and fair as possible.
Get your PVC when its ready and vote.

Elections are not won by insulting, abusing or constituting nuisance on social media. Get your PVC and vote so you dont cry rigging next year too, as usual.

Because if you do anyhow after election. Which i know some miscreants will try to. Walahi you will see anyhow.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register by Eyesstone(f): 6:13pm On Nov 12, 2022
Go and check yours and make sure you collect your PVC. We all have to vote.

6 Likes

Re: INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register by fergie001: 6:14pm On Nov 12, 2022
Yabo & Sokoto North LGAs

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register by fergie001: 6:14pm On Nov 12, 2022
Mbaitoli, Owerri West, Oguta, Ahiazu Mbaise LGA and Ezinihitte Mbaise LGAs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register by slivertongue: 6:15pm On Nov 12, 2022
Good. I know my name is there.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register by Donwilson88: 6:16pm On Nov 12, 2022
Yes! It will go a long way to enlighten the masses on what the election will look like

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register by WibusJaga: 6:16pm On Nov 12, 2022

Make I go check my own.
I must vote & my vote must count this time around. cool

8 Likes

Re: INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register by fergie001: 6:19pm On Nov 12, 2022
Atisbo, Oyo West, Ibadan North West, Oluyole LGAs.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register by CrownLands(m): 6:24pm On Nov 12, 2022
Great step. Everyone should go to designated centres to check their names.

This is to avoid being disenfranchised during the actual polls next year.

Good luck folks.

4 Likes

Re: INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register by minks(m): 6:25pm On Nov 12, 2022
INEC is warming up for the biggest election shock of all time. The enemies of Nigeria are about to be shocked to death.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register by JoeNL22(m): 6:26pm On Nov 12, 2022
Obi is cumin

Re: INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register by fergie001: 6:30pm On Nov 12, 2022
Tafa LGA, Niger State.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register by fergie001: 7:18pm On Nov 12, 2022
Make Claims may include:

2 Likes

Re: INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register by inoki247: 7:19pm On Nov 12, 2022
ok
Re: INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register by fergie001: 7:42pm On Nov 12, 2022
Raise Objections include these options:

3 Likes

Re: INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register by damisolnal: 8:07pm On Nov 12, 2022
Great step. Everyone should go to designated centres to check their names.

This is to avoid being disenfranchised during the actual polls next year.

INEC is warming up for the biggest election shock of all time. The enemies of Nigeria are about to be shocked to death.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register by Throwback: 8:07pm On Nov 12, 2022
One thing is certain.

Nigerian youths are determined to vote wisely so that they will not lament bitterly like these ones below lamented in Anambra after voting for parochial and sentimental reasons.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register by ThothHermes: 8:07pm On Nov 12, 2022
lhordspy:
"During this display period, any person may make a claim that the name of a registered voter has been omitted, make corrections on his/her personal details on the register, raise an objection against the inclusion of any person not qualified to vote or the name of a dead person on the register"

Speak up now if you have any issues. INEC is trying to make this free and fair as possible.
Get your PVC when its ready and vote.

Elections are not won by insulting and abusing others on social media. Get your PVC and vote so you dont cry rigging next year.

Because if you do anyhow after election. Which i know some miscreants will try to. Walahi you will see anyhow.
When will the PVCs be ready?
Re: INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register by Ireportlive: 8:07pm On Nov 12, 2022
cool
Re: INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register by senddmoney121: 8:08pm On Nov 12, 2022
Why would you post something like that in a public place?

1 Like

Re: INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register by Roboto11: 8:08pm On Nov 12, 2022
Nice one by INEC.

In the coming days, Obhidiots would start opening threads on how they are being rigged out.

4 Likes

Re: INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register by AFRICANJAMAICA: 8:08pm On Nov 12, 2022
Ok
Re: INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register by Ayoola171(m): 8:09pm On Nov 12, 2022
Vote wisely. 2023 is around the corner.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register by Virginprincesss(f): 8:09pm On Nov 12, 2022
My virginity for obidients grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register by WowSweetGuy(m): 8:10pm On Nov 12, 2022
Stupid INEC that closed the online portal so early and disbursed few registration machine.

Imagine a whole week I was picking numbers just to get voters card

Make I see how Dem wan use almajiri decide for reasonable Nigerians this time around. Same almajiri will vote nonsense then come dey beg us with plate for food

May thunder fire them if any rubbish happen this time since they can never have sense

5 Likes

Re: INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register by Boom4: 8:11pm On Nov 12, 2022
I have one year pia if you're interested message me on whatApp
Re: INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register by happney65: 8:12pm On Nov 12, 2022
Their website sef no dey open as of now. Aye Inec ti baje. Na the ones wey wan do real time transmission of results on election day be this? E ti lule. You better upgrade before then

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register by deltateam: 8:14pm On Nov 12, 2022
Okay nah
Re: INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register by Mindlog: 8:14pm On Nov 12, 2022
If the list gets soaked up by rain, what happens?
Re: INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register by Fibonacci88: 8:16pm On Nov 12, 2022
I don check my details online I can see my details in my new poling unit. I must deliver my poling unit to Peter Obi. God forbid bat thing. Nice one INEC. This is the first time we are having a proper election in this country

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Ikpeazu Receives Obasanjo In Abia As He Arrives For A Burial Ceremony / Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari / Stay Off Edo Election, HURIWA Warns Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.